M99
Pedram
CBarca
The Demon of Carthage
Freeza
47 posters

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next

Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by LeVersacci Sun Jun 14, 2020 2:49 pm

Young Kaz wrote:We burned that Wendys down tonight.

This is why it was such a joke they brought out a few rappers to tell us Atlanta and the PD didnt deserve this. They've ALWAYS been on bullshit.
Good.

How’s Atlanta after this incident? Can only assume the protest will continue even harder after this.

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread - Page 27 Empty Re: USA Gun Violence & Police Brutality Thread

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:14 pm

What i read of this story is not as described above

Suspect fell asleep in the drive-thru lane, police was called because he was blocking customers, got caught for DUI. At this point no drama. But then resisted arrest, stole the taser and got shot as he was turning to aim towards police

Not that it justifies deadly force, in fact the officer has already been sacked. Hopefully he'll get charged for 2nd degree murder. That's how cops mentality will change, by making them accountable of the wrong decisions.

A taser is not a deadly weapon, yes it's a critical situation but police should be trained to reduce the danger. With blacks they don't even make this effort that's the tragedy. It's not their role to apply death penalty, or any type of punishment. Let that to the judge
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:40 pm

It's probably in the backbone of every police officer in America to shoot if the suspect has anything vaguely resembling a gun in their hand. They need more training.

But once again I don't understand why anyone would resist arrest in America. Everybody knows there are plenty of trigger happy cops in America. The last thing I would do if I lived in America was to resist arrest.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:20 pm

McLewis wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr" xml:lang="en">A 27-year-old African-American man was shot in the back and killed by Atlanta police Friday night, after someone complained he was sleeping in his car at a Wendy's drive-thru.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/AtlantaShooting?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#AtlantaShooting</a><br /> <a href="https://t.co/m3HBvQWPdA">pic.twitter.com/m3HBvQWPdA</a></p>— Marty Golingan (@mgolingan1) <a href="https://twitter.com/mgolingan1/status/1271861934858461184?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 13, 2020</a></blockquote>  

And it continues....

Rayshard Brooks is the victim's name.

He was sleeping off bender in his car at a parking lot when cops approached him and gave him a DUI test. He failed the sobriety test and the cops went to arrest him. He resisted, was able to get a taser off one of the cops and then ran away from them. They shot him 3 times in the back. He died at the hospital.

The video does not show the sobriety test or what caused the cops to escalate the situation that led to Brooks resisting. So there are unanswered questions there.

Here's what should be made clear:

- Driving under the influence is not punishable by death in any US state. Brooks was not even driving he was sleeping it off, which to me, is more responsible than actually trying to drive home while still drunk.

- This underscores why police must be re-trained to de-escalate situations. I don't know what caused them to escalate, but the fact that Brooks is a pretty well-built black man always seems to put cops in a perpetual state of alert, even if nothing is happening.

- That Brooks managed to get a non-lethal weapon like a taser, but then chose not to attack the cops with it, can't be lost here. Instead he ran away from them.

- It will be said by police that he was killed to protect the public, but I ask from what? A drunk  black guy with a fucking taser? Who's in danger here? Unless you have a heart-condition, taser don't kill.

- I literally never see videos of white guys dying this way. It just doesn't happen with the same ubiquitous nature as with black people. And I truly can't care any less about metrics and numbers right now. I 100% don't give a fuck about charts. We are people. Not statistics. This is not about "not resisting" or "not fighting the cops". It's about a failure at a very basic level for cops to see Rayshard as a human being first. This is why police departments around this country must be defunded and rebuilt from scratched. Their hyper-militarized training has emphasized a dehumanization of their targets (I don't even call them suspects even more). This is why it's so easy for them to shoot to kill. They do it without even thinking, especially when black people are in the crosshairs.

- I could care less about any drudgery that gets dug up by right-wing media to smear Rayshard's name and justify his murder. It's going to happen. It always happens. Black people can never just be innocent victims. There must always be a motive or justification for their perceived aggression that led to their death. Mass murderers have gotten better treatment by cops than he got. Nothing justifies how he died.

Until I see video and video of police doing this to white people, I don't want to hear "all lives matter". Rayshard Brooks' life mattered. He was not given due process or any chance to defend himself in a court of law. These cops passed judgement on him right then and there as judge, jury and executioner. And yet their union will protect them from the consequences. There is no union to protect black people from them. I hope they are fired and charged with murder, but I know they likely won't. And that's why the protests have to continue. I hope there's no destruction, but I honestly don't care if there is. Buildings can be rebuilt. Businesses can be rebuilt. Livelihoods can be rebuilt. Rayshard Brooks' life cannot. That is more important than everything else here.

Warrior wrote:What i read of this story is not as described above

Suspect fell asleep in the drive-thru lane, police was called because he was blocking customers, got caught for DUI. At this point no drama. But then resisted arrest, stole the taser and got shot as he was turning to aim towards police

Not that it justifies deadly force, in fact the officer has already been sacked. Hopefully he'll get charged for 2nd degree murder. That's how cops mentality will change, by making them accountable of the wrong decisions.

A taser is not a deadly weapon, yes it's a critical situation but police should be trained to reduce the danger. With blacks they don't even make this effort that's the tragedy. It's not their role to apply death penalty, or any type of punishment. Let that to the judge

In short, police authority goes beyond executive then they're more inclined to overshoot when it comes to Afroamericans or Latinos due to persistent racism. That's really sad, even more sad the other people in the US don't see themselves accidentally shoved into that role. The police has to be demilitarised/retrained. The footages I saw are crap, following the instructions isn't the justification for I will shoot you in the back.
CBarca wrote:Y'all focusing way too much on anecdotal evidence for talks of something as large and systemic as racism.

It's the "I have a black friend" of intellectual discussion on racism. Quite literally.

Actually, knowing someone from the region and asking them whta's up gives two things:
1. Info beyond what the "media" wants you to know.
2. Another perpective at the problem.
Without 1. and 2. the whole picture is always incomplete. Sadly, for me, McLewis posts' are more relevant than some Fox News or CNN reports because they aren't neutral anymore. Unless their agenda is supported, you won't get the info or will get it out of context beyond recognition.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Jun 14, 2020 6:48 pm

If you have second amendment, how can you de-militarize police ? It becomes neighborhood watch

Best solution those who kill George Floyd, Rayshard Brooks serve jail time for homicide, because it's unjusitifed use of deadly force. Those who kill Breonna Taylor, they also deserve jail time for homicide, it's too big of a mistake. Consider this as examples for every future event of the same sort, i think it's called jurisprudence ? In the end it puts legal pressure on police, officers have no choice but to change their reflexes, disarm instead of kill, regardless of race.

If hostage negociators can moderate the situation effectively with real psychos... now all street cops should also learn it
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Sun Jun 14, 2020 10:04 pm

Young Kaz wrote:We burned that Wendys down tonight.

This is why it was such a joke they brought out a few rappers to tell us Atlanta and the PD didnt deserve this. They've ALWAYS been on bullshit.

epic scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUuMGhOCW7o

y'all heard of this yet. Of course, we don't really know yet, could very well be a suicide, but imagine the disgust if it's actually a lynching murder. The American race war will definitely be well and truly on if it's the case
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwtvTRrvhk
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Mon Jun 15, 2020 12:15 am

LeVersacci wrote:I wasn’t surprised or shocked in any way when I saw the video. Just your typical AmeriKKKa day.

Forever and always fuck the police. I don’t need to say more as i’ve made known how I truly feel about the US police system.

Police are exposing themselves with some pretty fucked up shit now that the attention is on them.

Not ALL cops are bad. But you can’t have bad apples in a job like that. It’s like American Airlines saying “guys, some of our pilots are bad apples, but it’s JUST SOME, so it’s okay”

Also the police force is controlled by bad apples. The good apples get fired for trying to do the right thing. Its sad. Police unions are 100% to blame.
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:06 am

Young Kaz wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Leave it to kaz to derail a thread and make it about race and the size of his penis

Nobody has mentioned penis in this thread.

And of course a thread about police violence in America includes topics about Racism. You live in the south....how is this new to you?

https://9gag.com/gag/aD4WqZw
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:41 am

This is how racist Asians are rofl :

Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:54 am

People, can we not? Broad generalizations about specific races/ethnic backgrounds are discriminatory regardless of who they are applied to.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:58 am

I don't know why there is always a need to ASIANS RACISTS ALSO whenever Kaz posts about racism. Actually I do. Whataboutism and deflection, thats why.

This just happened btw

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/06/14/national/black-lives-matter-spreads-tokyo-2000-people-march-protest-racism/#.XuaBUGozbEY

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:15 am

Sheltered white privileged people like myshiteyes, Art Morte & Babun. What else can you expect from these posters.

Hilarious how many times they mentioned his background, small penis and what not.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:30 am

Myesyats wrote:
McLewis wrote:- I literally never see videos of white guys dying this way. It just doesn't happen with the same ubiquitous nature as with black people.

I've often seen people refer to this incident:

And it's often one of the very few out there. This is why I added the qualifier of "ubiquitous" to what I said. If you google hard enough, you absolutely will see something like what happened to Daniel Shaver, as what you posted depicts.

But what about the sheer volume? I keep hearing that police kill more white people in this country than black people, yet it never seems to get caught on video. Why is that? People are quick to say the media doesn't care, but it wasn't the media that captured Eric Garner's death or George Floyd's or Ahmaud Arbery's or Rayshard Brooks. It was bystanders. Why aren't they capturing the cops killing white people? If the metrics are true, there should be at least the same number of these videos out there, right? Why aren't whites protesting police violence against themselves in this country given that they are getting killed more than we are? I don't know the answer to that, but it really does boggle the mind.

Oh and after Shaver's murder, Black Lives Matter contacted his widow and got her blessing to hold a vigil and protest of his death. This never gets talked about though when his murder video is trotted out to counter a point though. I wish it was.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:54 am

M99 wrote:I don't know why there is always a need to ASIANS RACISTS ALSO whenever Kaz posts about racism. Actually I do. Whataboutism and deflection, thats why.

This just happened btw

https://www.japantimes.co.jp/news/2020/06/14/national/black-lives-matter-spreads-tokyo-2000-people-march-protest-racism/#.XuaBUGozbEY

I already know "deflecting" is your favorite word but I was doing none of that.

Just find it funny how Betty gallops around on a high horse calling every other group racist without acknowledging his biases. Now that's a person who's "sheltered". Guy has been going around for the past months turning every thread into hot garbage with his racist remarks for which he had been banned, but perhaps not for long enough. Now he's the spokesman for equality, lol ok.

And Versacci, I don't know what the hell is his problem. Man hid in the shadows for years and suddenly he's back spewing BS, posting hate speech on occasion aswell. Where this delinquent even from? And anyway, how is "good" a reasonable response to burning down a restaurant? Saying that makes you what? Aware and un-sheltered? And not saying that makes me "part of the problem"?, even though I never stepped foot in the US, same as you probably

any of it just doesn't track with me on a daily basis. I've been around the EU, in London etc, liked the diversity there but i dont really give a shit, ultimately, you know? I don't care about any people really, no matter the race. It's not like I don't know that white people have an advantage, that we dont deal with prejudice etc. I know all of it. Most of the time I'm just taking the piss really, thats all. And whenever I go and vote, I always vote left/liberal so IRL i never actually supported the "right wing" at any point in my life, even though it may not have been 100% clear across the board in my posts because apparently, these days especially, you will get crucified for taking a moderate stance which is just mind boggling, its mostly either everything or nothing at all, no in between
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:30 am

Putting a word in quotation marks does not automatically make it invalid ya know?

This time there was nothing wrong with what Betty posted at all.

Young Kaz wrote:
FennecFox7 wrote:Leave it to kaz to derail a thread and make it about race and the size of his penis

Nobody has mentioned penis in this thread.

And of course a thread about police violence in America includes topics about Racism. You live in the south....how is this new to you?

He is right, any meaningful discussion about police brutality in the US will of course involve racism.

Did this really deserve discriminatory statements?

And please don't these days bullshit, there is nothing moderate about making generalizations based on race and nationality. Next time if you think he's being racist try calling him out specifically instead of calling a whole ethnicity racist. I did that to unique and got a few warning points docked off and racist PMs. Worth it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:35 am

LeVersacci wrote:Sheltered white privileged people like myshiteyes, Art Morte & Babun. What else can you expect from these posters.

Hilarious how many times they mentioned his background, small penis and what not.

Considering that Myesyats and Art live in two of the most homogeneous places on earth, I'd be hard pressed to argue they have benefited from any sort of white privilege
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:29 am

White privilege is only in USA i think (or apartheid)

Where i live it's more accurate to say minorities have disadvantage, it's mostly a thing of social class
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Jun 15, 2020 11:25 am

Having seen the video, the initial encounter is fine. Dude was passed out in the drive thru, to me it's appropriate to call the police to 1) check on him, and 2) move the vehicle

Obviously, when the encounter turned fatal is a tragedy. While McLewis's post has inaccuracies, Warriors does too. It seems pretty clear that Brooks attempts to taser the cop, but is unsuccessful. The cop then buries 3 shots into Brooks with his back turned. This was not long after the attempted tasing, but it speaks to the quickness to which police pull out the gun. How does staring down a taser from someone running away lead you to think "IM AFRAID FOR MY LIFE!!! MUST SHOOT!"

Seriously?

Police sympathizers will point to the resisting of arrest and taking of the taser, and attempted tasing, and make a case that this use of force was excessive but "understandable", or that the individual in question posed a harm to the public. Both of these are questionable claims at the very best, but even if they were justifiable, this is a case where it seems pretty clear that yeah, maybe replacing police with qualified mental health specialists, or a non-armed police squadron, is perhaps a move that should take serious consideration.

Was a man passed out in a drive thru reason to have armed police knocking on his window? This is a nonviolent, non-confrontational situation.

And while I do think that resisting arrest is BAD, I do think those that mention that being arrested has not always gone down well for black Americans have a point. In the sense, perhaps, that Brooks, in that moment, fears he could be another George Floyd.

That that thought is a viable thought is one that underlines the fundamentally broken relationship between Black Americans and the police right now.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2020 1:28 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:
LeVersacci wrote:Sheltered white privileged people like myshiteyes, Art Morte & Babun. What else can you expect from these posters.

Considering that Myesyats and Art live in two of the most homogeneous places on earth, I'd be hard pressed to argue they have benefited from any sort of white privilege
If you're going to dock & ban Kaz whenever he goes over the line, then I expect the same when they say shit about him. It's pathetic and downright hypocrisy from you ignoring their passive racism towards him yet go after him whenever someone like myeyesstats gets in his feelings.

"CaN wE nOt" such a lame statement after their last few post about him.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:01 pm

@Kaz how’s the BLM protest in Japan? I’m actually curious. Especially in a homogenized country like Japan.

Also I read that a lot of people are fearing over losing their job due to joining the protest?
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2020 2:10 pm

This is fucked up. They straight up executed the homeless man. Mans probably on pills and shit. He’s not following any commands.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:50 pm

CBucks i don't know which inaccuracy, in the sense that i saw it precisely like you said, and that's how i tried to describe.

The video of the shooting came separately, and i think later in the evening. Once Brooks turns around he gets shot in 0.5 second, as if the officer was waiting for it. No reason here to shoot in the back or in the chest. To me it's a non-sense, the absolute worst result of this encounter should have been a busted knee cap. But before using their gun police must know and try non-violent solutions.

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2020/06/14/rayshard-brooks-atlanta-police-shooting-orig-kj.cnn
With this video, my opinion is the same as before. Brooks is wrong for resisiting arrest, but then shoot him in vital body parts is just careless, and the officer deserves a long trip in jail, for 2nd degree murder.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:32 pm

There was zero need to shoot him, they had his car there, he wasn't going to get far on foot even if he managed to run away from the first cops and they could easily identify him from the car plates. But I'm not surprised they shot him, because if a suspect resisting arrest manages to grab even just a taser, that's when a lot of American cops shoot. They need to be trained better.

In all of this I have not heard what does the law in Georgia actually say about the situation? If a suspect grabs a taser is that legal grounds for the cops to shoot or not or is it a grey area? I'm guessing it's illegal just because the police chief resigned and the shooter was fired, but I'm just curious about the legal side of things.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:41 pm

M99 wrote:I don't know why there is always a need to ASIANS RACISTS ALSO whenever Kaz posts about racism. Actually I do. Whataboutism and deflection, thats why.

This just happened btw

There is a very obvious difference. We know there is a racism problem in the US or Europe, we discuss about it and look for solutions. There're a bunch of people protesting for their rights on the streets, some of them loot, riot etc. but no one is rolling with tanks over them or shooting them to supress. In Asia, especially in Japan, China or Korea, racism is practised openly, no one is questioning the system, asking for solutions or discussing anything. Let's say China is a dictatorship but Japan and S. Korea are supposedly democratic republics. But they are homogen?! How about Arte from Finnland? He is not ok with what is going on and certainly no racist.
But Europe pays money to keep refugees from coming? Europe has taken in the highest number of refugees from Asia and Africa. Korea or Japan don't want to do anything with it. They're not helping with money or development either so yeah, it's easy to blame others for their "wrongdoings" while looking at people dieing as bystanders and not doing anything. By being first world country, one gets certain responsibilities.
I shove those posts towards YoungKaz because he started spamming me with ridiculious out of context posts. He can now taste his own medicine. It's not about whataboutism, it's more like about the elephant in the room no one talks about. So called developed Asian nations are socially backward as f***.

@CBarca
shooting in the back is always wrong.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:43 pm

The video I posted about the homeless getting gunned down is a great example of the police system. They gave him 1 warning. He didn't comply and got executed cartel style.

They knew he was drunk/on drugs/mental disorder yet didn't give a fuck because he didn't comply. His death could easily have been avoided.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:32 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
This is fucked up. They straight up executed the homeless man. Mans probably on pills and shit. He’s not following any commands.

Holy fucking shit

a death squad pale

straight up murdering homeless people

unbelievable
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 43 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28 ... 35 ... 43  Next