Zagadka
Pedram
Myesyats
iftikhar
Robespierre
39 posters

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Robespierre Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:23 pm

Zagadka wrote:Life in Wroclaw is completely back to normal...save for nightclubs not being open.

But still we can dance at the bars with 5 cm social distancing. Last saturday at this bar I was, people were dancing on the bar tables and this one girl wanted to crawl to join, but there was no more space  Very Happy

Rynek crowded as hell as summer finally arrived with not a mask in sight. Same as beach bars

Somedays I genuinely forget this thing is still around....still, handwashing has become a habit, unless it's late at night after party/drinks and loads of contact with other people that I forget about it.

Taking high doses of Vit D, Vit C, and other health boosters, alongside garlic for general health in case I catch it. but so nice to live normally again.

Have you still the obligation to put masks though ?

Honestly situation is "normalizing" even in Italy. also because number are being good and now 70% of cases have to do with Lombardia...

However its possible to bump into strangeness.
An Italian region ordered that amatorial football matches  may be disputed only without contacts , and basket matches only wearing gloves Laughing

just the other day  Railway Police:take my temperature through their thermo check ( they do it to random ppl. if it detects high temperature, you can't take the train.

I hadn't taken my temperature for years. It's happened at the station  by policemen.
The year 2020.

Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3

Post by Zagadka Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:04 pm

Robespierre wrote:
Zagadka wrote:Life in Wroclaw is completely back to normal...save for nightclubs not being open.

But still we can dance at the bars with 5 cm social distancing. Last saturday at this bar I was, people were dancing on the bar tables and this one girl wanted to crawl to join, but there was no more space  Very Happy

Rynek crowded as hell as summer finally arrived with not a mask in sight. Same as beach bars

Somedays I genuinely forget this thing is still around....still, handwashing has become a habit, unless it's late at night after party/drinks and loads of contact with other people that I forget about it.

Taking high doses of Vit D, Vit C, and other health boosters, alongside garlic for general health in case I catch it. but so nice to live normally again.

Have you still the obligation to put masks though ?

Honestly situation is "normalizing" even in Italy. also because number are being good and now 70% of cases have to do with Lombardia...

However its possible to bump into strangeness.
An Italian region ordered that amatorial football matches  may be disputed only without contacts , and basket matches only wearing gloves Laughing

just the other day  Railway Police:take my temperature through their thermo check ( they do it to random ppl. if it detects high temperature, you can't take the train.

I hadn't taken my temperature for years. It's happened at the station  by policemen.
The year 2020.

We had it for about 6 weeks from mid-April to end of May. now still 50% of people were it inside shops, but outside nothing.

Today is 32 degrees...just imagine walking around with mask. RIP YNWA

I'm self-quarantining for the first time in weeks today, until later in the evening. you can make an omlette on the street.

man I can't believe you guys have temp control. any news when Italy's borders will open to non-EU?

I'm desperate for some of my friends and family to visit me from US/Canada, but there is no timeline for that. I heard from my German source that Germany will open to non-EU in August. hearing anything re: Italy?
Zagadka
Zagadka
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:50 pm

A former Health Minister and a bigwig of the present regime, Mohammad Nasim, has died of Corona today.

On a personal note, my mother-in-law has been tested positive as well.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat Jun 13, 2020 2:04 pm

best of luck to your MIL man Thumbs up
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:02 pm

Best of luck.

Swedish numbers are going out of control again. Their infection rate is damn high right now. A part of Peking is in lockdown modus Chinese style. There has been another Wuhan virus outbreak.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:43 am

China is trying to blame Norwegian salmon for the new imported cases:
https://salmonbusiness.com/coronavirus-detected-on-a-chopping-board-for-imported-salmon-in-beijing-china-so-supermarkets-have-stopped-selling-it/

Typical Chinese BS propaganda, as if the Wuhan virus can be transmitted through death salmons which were in a freezer for a looooooong time during the transport. More like, Wuhan virus never left the region, they cannot contain the second wave so others are at fault Laughing
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:59 am

That salmon is exported from the far northern parts of the country, which happens to be the least affected area in a country that has had few Covid-19 infections, in general Razz
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:33 am

Thimmy wrote:That salmon is exported from the far northern parts of the country, which happens to be the least affected area in a country that has had few Covid-19 infections, in general Razz

The second wave is rolling. They partially took their statement back. Now, they differentiate between imported and inland cases where the majourity of the cases origin in China itself:
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/jun/16/beijing-coronavirus-outbreak-travel-restricted-china-severe-measures
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:33 pm

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-coronavirus-masks-study/widespread-mask-wearing-could-prevent-covid-19-second-waves-study-idUSKBN23G37V

Mask usage alone could've stopped Coronavirus by keeping the R0 below 1

Every western world leader & the WHO: Oops
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:49 pm

There's been so many different claims made about masks that none of them seem certain to me.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:07 pm

Way I see it, they're common place in countries who have done well during the pandemic and there's no real harm, apart from some slight discomfort, to wearing one.

I wore one today, just to see what it'd be like in the heat. It's honestly not that bad.

If you have breathing difficulties that's a different issue, but in that case you probably shouldn't be going out anyway if you can avoid it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Meanwhile, a steriod drug called Dexamethasone has been found to reduce mortality in severe cases by a third:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53061281

Not a magic bullet by any means, but a good result for a drug that's cheap and easy to manufacture.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:01 pm

Scientist claims 0.25% of infected patients may die from the disease — making it 4 times less lethal than feared

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399665/What-TRUE-death-rate-Covid-19.html

I believe this one to be accurate.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:12 pm

I can't speak to it one way or the other, but the fact that it comes from the DM makes me seriously doubt it
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:16 pm

But think about all the symptomless cases that we don't even take into account. The actual death rate must be lower.
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:18 pm

Myesyats wrote:Scientist claims 0.25% of infected patients may die from the disease — making it 4 times less lethal than feared

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8399665/What-TRUE-death-rate-Covid-19.html

I believe this one to be accurate.

UK's population is in average older than most of the mostly young 3rd and 2nd world countries, the amount of obese people is also very high, the diet is bad. For UK, the rate might be more inline with 0,7 - 1 %. There're things one cannot "average" or disregard.
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:23 am

Also, people haven't estimated 1% for a long time. 1% has generally been the upper bound. It's always been somewhere between 0.5 and 1, and closer to 0.5

I'd have to check out the source of 0.25 (I agree DM makes it...less likely to be accurate), but...

1) there isn't one true IFR, anyway. 0.25 could potentially be true in one place and not in another

2) that would be one data point in a set of data points which all indicate between 0.5 and 1
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Wed Jun 17, 2020 1:02 pm

Myesyats wrote:But think about all the symptomless cases that we don't even take into account. The actual death rate must be lower.

Of course the actual mortality rate is far lower than the official numbers might suggest but no one actually disputes that. However the "official" global mortality rate right now is 446,690 out of 8,288,228 which equals roughly 5.4%. In the UK it's something like 14%. If scientists come up with numbers like 1% or 0.5% they obviously have already taken into account that there are many cases we don't know about.
zigra
zigra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Ajax

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:16 pm

Yes but I presume it's even lower than 0,7-1%. More like 0,25%, in most places
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Realistically we'll get our first "official" numbers from island nations like NZ, Iceland and S Korea (essentially an island due to the hard border) as these should be the first to get rid of it and have populations small enough to test mostly everyone.

From a policy implication I don't think it makes too much of a difference if the death rate is 0.5% vs 1%, as the 0.5% would be related to asymptomatic cases which means it's much more contagious than previously though, so the projected death number remains similar.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Duronto-Roddur Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:54 pm

I understand some of the members got infected. Hope all of them have recovered fully. Stay safe, the carnage isn't over yet, by any means.

Duronto-Roddur
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Jun 19, 2020 4:13 am

So uhhh

Things are starting to get really bad in parts of America.

It's effecting the overall numbers too. Most cases since May 8. Highest % positive since May 27
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Fri Jun 19, 2020 7:44 am

The second wave is looming over Europe, the situation in both Americas and India is getting worse.
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 An4j0vz_460swp
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:06 pm

Babun wrote:The second wave is looming over Europe, the situation in both Americas and India is getting worse.
The Coronavirus Thread - Part 3 - Page 30 An4j0vz_460swp

It probably has a lot more to do with Memorial day parties (a week before) than BLM protests.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:55 pm

More so, the first wave is still not stabilized in USA
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Fri Jun 19, 2020 6:03 pm

Canada-US border is locked until july 21st, they extended for one month and it's a good decision

Here it's stabilized last i checked, life is slowly going back to normal, but social distancing is still respected. Crux of the problem is the nursing homes. Army had to intervene because of the lack of staff. The report they made was destroying Quebec and Ontario's nursing homes system. Our government responded with immediate formation of 10k employees.
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 40 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31 ... 35 ... 40  Next