RealGunner
rincon
Warrior
The Demon of Carthage
Nishankly
39 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Jay29 Sun Mar 22, 2020 8:51 pm

Unique wrote:By the time the scumbag Chinese government admited they had a virus it was already here. Also far more people fly in and out of Britain than they do south Korea so it will spread faster here than there anyway. Plus all the things the likes of South Korea have done to fight the virus we are now doing. Italy Spain France and Germany are doing yet how has that worked out for them. Yes Johnson could have banned people from going to China and banned people from China coming to the UK. But you can't do that these days because that's racist. You blame it all on the British government for how they handled it yet other countries handled it different and were hit far worst. No one knows how to beat it and no one knows what they are doing and that's the problem.

Mate, I'm sorry, but there're so many things wrong with this mentality.

If more people fly to the UK than Korea, than is that not even more reason to take proactive action? If you knew there was any chance of this virus coming in, would you sit there and do nothing? Take temperatures, have tests, isolate people coming back from China as a precaution and test them, etc.

We, Italy, France, Germany, etc. aren't doing what Korea have, that's the point. Korea are still testing, still contact tracing, etc. whereas we're not even testing people unless they're seriously ill. Huge difference. Korea didn't even have to lockdown.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/carlieporterfield/2020/03/13/south-korea-sees-coronavirus-slowdown-without-a-lockdown-but-with-nearly-250000-tests/#180e3001576b

The reason we're locking down is because we lost control. We missed our window to gain control and now we're playing defence.

Banning travel to and from a nation that was the epicentre of the virus is not racist and anyone calling it that would have need their head examine. This is not a valid reason to not do it.

I blame our government simply because it's our government. I know nothing of France, Spain, Germany et al. I think their citizens should be asking serious questions as well but that's just me. But I'm deeply frustrated because we could see this coming and did nothing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2 - Page 10 Empty Re: The Coronavirus Thread - Part 2

Post by Pedram Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:31 pm

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:44 pm

I have not paid attention to what Harvey Weinstein has been up to since the MeToo scandal, but it sounds like he got infected with Coronavirus while in prison scratch
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Warrior Sun Mar 22, 2020 10:47 pm

Babun wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/coronavirus-what-happens-to-peoples-lungs-when-they-get-covid-19

might be of interest

Thank you

This has been my concern. Been trying to cleanse my lungs through reduced smoking and a bit of jogging as i come back from work (~ 4 AM)

i feel zero effect right now, i assume it's too late to face coronavirus, so i just hope to be lucky and avoid it
Warrior
Warrior
FORZA JUVE

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:12 pm

Is prisoners that are locked up for 23 hours a day with no contact with the outside world are getting Corona virus then that's the isolation theory out the window.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sun Mar 22, 2020 11:20 pm

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-51988877

Idiots like this are not helping the problem.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 23, 2020 7:39 am

Warrior wrote:
Babun wrote:https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/22/coronavirus-what-happens-to-peoples-lungs-when-they-get-covid-19

might be of interest

Thank you

This has been my concern. Been trying to cleanse my lungs through reduced smoking and a bit of jogging as i come back from work (~ 4 AM)

i feel zero effect right now, i assume it's too late to face coronavirus, so i just hope to be lucky and avoid it

Never too late, also who says you're going to be infected?
But yeah, by smoking less and keeping your lungs "clean" you reduce the likelyhood of the infection directly in the lungs (ACE2 exposure). Eat well, sleep well, wash your hands often, don't go out unless necessary, the rest is up to luck like everything else. People on the frontline like medics, firemen, the police etc. don't have the choice we have. They are exposed.

Last edited by Babun on Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:21 am; edited 2 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:40 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3hurnbnRi0
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Mar 23, 2020 12:52 pm

Hey babs.... do we know the catch rare and mortality rate on health workers?  Probably the most accurate figure available.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:21 pm

10-day National 'Holiday' Lock-down from March 26 to April 4. Meaningless, since people were already staying indoors for last few days.

Army being called-in. What the hell are they going to do???

All markets closed from tomorrow 8 PM to March 31. So more panic buying.

Meanwhile, not enough
Testing Kit
Protective gears even for health-workers
Sanitizer etc.
Hospitals reportedly turning away patients
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:22 pm

PS, how is @Vibe doing? Have anyone heard from him?
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:23 pm

PSS, @Robespierre how are you doing mate??? Take care.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:25 pm

sportsczy wrote:Hey babs.... do we know the catch rare and mortality rate on health workers?  Probably the most accurate figure available.

20% in Italy, no info on mortality I think.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:32 pm

i saw today that infections in germany are starting to level out now so thats some good news today lads.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:34 pm

Unique wrote:
i saw today that infections in germany are starting to level out now so thats some good news today lads.

That's not true at all. They increased, then they fell for 2 days and now Germany is easily crossing 2.9k every day. Their first report of today is 1.3k and its not even 2pm.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:42 pm

The acceleration of infections is leveling out, iE the curve is flattening, is what first numbers show.
But many local and communal offices aren't reporting new cases over the weekend, so this have been extrapolated numbers, we'll only know for sure by Wednesday.
But if the actual numbers follow this trend, the measures are being effective, and the spread in Germany is slowing down, which would indeed be good news.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC St. Pauli

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:44 pm

Guys, what's the situation in India and Bangladesh?
30 something cases in Bangladesh, a few hundreds in the whole of India, is that in any way reflective of reality?

Is the corona virus really not a thing at all in a country with a population of a billion and a famous lack of.. err.. social distancing?
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 23, 2020 1:55 pm

Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:00 pm

I read that three doctors have died in France so far from covid19. At least two were in their 60's.

Here's a question: Many countries are either calling or considering calling retired healthcare workers back to work to help with the burden. But how are retired people - I'm assuming who are mostly in their 60's at least - supposed to feel about that? Their age puts them in a higher risk category and they will have a high chance of catching the virus if they go to treat the patients.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:04 pm

Art Morte wrote:I read that three doctors have died in France so far from covid19. At least two were in their 60's.

Here's a question: Many countries are either calling or considering calling retired healthcare workers back to work to help with the burden. But how are retired people - I'm assuming who are mostly in their 60's at least - supposed to feel about that? Their age puts them in a higher risk category and they will have a high chance of catching the virus if they go to treat the patients.

Italy already did it.
Emergence is emergence, it's as a war
Anyway the doctor is a man in mission , you know it for the whole life, and you' ll be till to the end, they know it since they take the Hippocratic oath.
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:07 pm

Robespierre wrote:

Wow, all of those 3 reasons are false.
In fact all the federal states have compiled their data and made it accessible for the Robert Koch Institute, there is post mortem testing as far as I'm aware, and all people infected with Covid-19 are counted as Covid-19 fatalities, even if it wasn't the cause of death.
Actually baffled why someone would post that.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Babun Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:25 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:
Robespierre wrote:<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Good thread on why 🇩🇪 has registered so few <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/COVID19?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#COVID19</a> deaths (92 compared to 5,500 in 🇮🇹). Germany is:<br>—Not revealing how much testing they've actually done<br>—Unlike Italy, Germany doesn't do post-mortem testing<br>—Federal Länder system not forthcoming with data <a href="https://t.co/FmRdfBtP7U">https://t.co/FmRdfBtP7U</a></p>— Rachel Donadio (@RachelDonadio) <a href="https://twitter.com/RachelDonadio/status/1242051249396162561?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 23, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

In fact all the federal states have compiled their data and made it accessible for the Robert Koch Institute, there is post mortem testing as far as I'm aware, and all people infected with Covid-19 are counted as Covid-19 fatalities, even if it wasn't the cause of death.

No one is stupid enough not to test post-mortem, the dead body would infect all of the people involved. The reality is, Germany is testing a lot, the dark number is fewer than in other countries except for maybe S.Korea.
sportsczy wrote:Hey babs.... do we know the catch rare and mortality rate on health workers?  Probably the most accurate figure available.

Mortality rate for health workers is like Sars-Cov 1 at max,1-10%. They often develop pneumania because the contagion is breathed in deeply into the lungs. By the time, the antibodies are ready half of the lung is gone. The youngest peeps dying were health workers.
Actually, Sars from 2003 and Sars 2 (Covid-19) aren't different if the infection starts in the lungs, same complications and mortality rate. Sars-Cov 2 is able to infect the throat as well and work its way deep into the lungs so Sars-Cov 2 is like an enhanced version of Sars 1 but to get there through the alternative route the immune system has to be comprimised(old folks or people with preconditions).

Last edited by Babun on Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
Babun
Babun
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Robespierre Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:32 pm

VivaStPauli wrote:

Babun wrote:
No one is stupid enough not to test post-mortem, the dead body would infect all of the people involved. The reality is, Germany is testing a lot, the dark number is fewer than in other countries except for maybe S.Korea.

Well honestly I just wanted to listen your opinion about it - considering you're Germans and so you knew it better than me

Wall Street Journal (it's the source ) is quite respectable and I  've found this article because it's linked from a good number of ppl.

So  this article got good spread

your explanation is exhaustive though,  I left out that it was for getting a confirmation or not Laughing

Sincerely it's difficult to understand from the outside....
Robespierre
Robespierre
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by VivaStPauli Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:53 pm

Oh I know you're just curious, I'm wondering about that gal on twitter, and why she would spread that shit. It's easily falsifiable, so what is even gained by that? Trolls in every corner these days, wanting to destabilize everything, I guess.
VivaStPauli
VivaStPauli
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:57 pm

Viva the answer is simple.

Since we are at a football forum her tweet is akin to those one-dimensional pundits who will insist on hyping a starlet after a certain goal simply so they can be known as the figure who "discovered" his prowess.

The world is focusing around basically one topic so naturally blue-checkmarks (who ironically say the dumbest things) will be saying such controversial things purely for clout.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Mar 23, 2020 2:59 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:Guys, what's the situation in India and Bangladesh?
30 something cases in Bangladesh, a few hundreds in the whole of India, is that in any way reflective of reality?

Is the corona virus really not a thing at all in a country with a population of a billion and a famous lack of.. err.. social distancing?

Will respond tomorrow and your fears are correct. The only thing going for us that our average age in India is about 25 yet the 9% of total population who are 60+ age make 110 million people and we have experience in dealing and containing these flus.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next