Hapless_Hans
Twoism
urbaNRoots
Jay29
RealGunner
38 posters

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2020 12:29 pm

Jay29 wrote:Guendouzi to Hertha Berlin on loan. No loan fee, no purchase option, Hertha pay full wages.

Poor kid. Wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 33 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2020 1:23 pm

Eman wrote:If you look at the rumours: Torreira, Kolasinac are already off. Sokratis, Saliba, Mustafi, Guendouzi, and Nelson all have suitors.

I think that we will get Aouar or Partey tomorrow once Kolasinac and Torreira head out, and if we can offload the others, who knows, maybe it will be an incredible day. The reality is that we needed to sell to buy and the sales are dragging on for so long that we haven’t been able to make the purchases we need, but tomorrow there will be madness across the market, so let’s see what happens.

i wouldn't hold my breath mate

maybe we get Jorginho
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 2:32 pm

Jorginho not happening.

Kolasinac to Leverkusen now "unlikely".

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 4:51 pm

Partey time.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2020 5:42 pm

.com or bust
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by mani88 Mon Oct 05, 2020 7:50 pm

Conspiracy theory time: Arsenal left it late intentionally so that they can save money and face at the same time. drunken

I hope we can have our Partəy.
mani88
mani88
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:14 pm

Right, let's get caught up.

Partey

- Partey is having his medical ahead of his £45m move.
- Arsenal sorted out the release clause payment with his lawyers this morning.
- Atletico apparently "didn't know anything" about the deal happening. Sounds dubious as this has been their stance from the beginning.
- Deadline is 11pm BST so be prepared for the deal to be completed late in the day.
- Reminder that if fees have been agreed etc. Arsenal can apply for a deal sheet and finalise the transfer after the deadline.

Torreira

Atletico needed to offload players to complete the deal. Nikola Kalinic is the one, it seems.

Unsure if the Partey deal affects this in any way. We'll see.

Guendouzi

Confirmed loan to Hertha Berlin.

https://www.arsenal.com/news/matteo-guendouzi-joins-hertha-berlin-loan

Kolasinac

Potential move to Leverkusen seemingly off because they've been unable to sell/loan Wendell, their other left back option.

Sokratis

Could move to Roma. Watch this space.

Mustafi

:tumbleweed:

Youth

Arsenal are signing two kids. Omer Rekik (18) from Hertha and Nikolaj Duus Moller (18) from Malmo.

Rekik is a defender, Moller is a striker.

Daniel Ballard has joined Blackpool on loan.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:21 pm

if not enough players leave we'll have the homegrown issue iirc , that means certain players won't be registered for our official season squad, at least we know Ozil is already one of them
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:32 pm

Current non-HG list:

Leno
Runarsson
Luiz
Gabriel
Sokratis
Mustafi
Mari
Tierney
Kolasinac
Cedric
Xhaka
Elneny
Torreira
Ceballos
Ozil
Willian
Pepe
Aubameyang
Lacazette

Currently stands at 19. Partey replaces Torreira which means two players have to be left out. If the club has any sense one would be Ozil. The other would probably be Sokratis.

This is the possibility of leaving Runarsson out and only registering him for cups, but it'd leave Matt Macey as our league backup so its unlikely.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Heard Sokratis rejected Fulham
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:37 pm

Honestly Wendell is so much better than Kolasinac so I have no idea what Leverkusen are thinking
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Oct 05, 2020 8:38 pm

think Sokratis could improve Man Utd massively
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:47 am

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:50 am

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

hoooooooly shit thank you Arsenal, this signing opens the door to so many midfield combos now cheers
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:37 am

Atleti are pissed btw. Laughing

Screw 'em. We had Torreira all ready to go to Italy for a nice fee and then they turned his head at the last minute. They demanded the release clause all summer and we paid it.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:13 am

Atletico known to be a bit of cnut so I’m for once not worried about whatever emotions they have. As for Partey, this is huge deal and I expect him to be pillar of our midfields for years.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Oct 06, 2020 4:37 am

Fantastic signing
Welcome to Arsenal,Thomas

Maybe new AM in January?
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Tue Oct 06, 2020 6:43 am

What a massive signing :bow: This guy is the type of player we have been crying out for for years! Hopefully he hits the ground running and unlocks plenty of opportunities for us. None of our rivals in the big 6 are playing particularly well at the moment so a signing like this, with the form we're in, really just makes me feel like we're on the verge of something special as a club again.
Sina wrote:Maybe new AM in January?

Though I would love a new AM, and am a bit bummed out that we did not also get Aouar this summer (I know, getting him and Partey would have been pure madness so never a high likelihood), I don't see this happening for the exact same reason we didn't sign him this summer, and also the reason we had to lay off so many non-essential staff members, and also the reason we have to not register 2 non-home grown players: our squad is simply too big.

We really need to get rid of players in January regardless of whether we sign anyone else or not so that we can balance the books and stop hemorrhaging money on players who have simply no chance of playing. Many fans continue to hate the Kroenkes for not giving us enough money (beyond purchasing our debt, which imo was a huge show of support actually), but it's really no use signing anyone until we clear the space up. Ozil, Sokratis, and Mustafi are all out of a contract at the end of the season at least, but recovering some cash on these type of guys would be extremely helpful to our cause.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:46 am

Cant believe Mustafi is staying until his contract expires ffs No
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 06, 2020 11:50 am

WOW. I am out for two days and this happens. Pleasant surprise. Esp that we got the finances to make the move.

That said, didn't we agree here that Aouar was more important than Partey right now, given how much we lack midfield creativity?

Nevertheless, if Partey+Ceballos is a solid base with Xhaka and Elneny providing the rotations, we can toy around with Willian centrally with Pepe/Laca/Auba upfront? Should solve our creativity issue?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:02 pm

We complain a lot about the lack of investment, but since Arteta has come in, the club has:

- Extended the contracts of Saka and Martinelli, our two most exciting prospects
- Extended Aubameyang's contract
- Made Mari and Cedric permanent signings
- Signed Willian on a free transfer
- Signed Runarsson for a small fee to replace a keeper sold for £20m
- Spent good money on a promising defender in Gabriel
- Splashed £45m on Partey

All during a time when the club could post losses of up to £100m thanks to not being able to have fans in the ground.

Time will tell if those signings were good but again, this isn't another summer where Arsenal haven't spent money. They've spent a lot of money once you factor in salaries and contract extensions.

I think January reinforcements are very unlikely for this reason. They won't have the spare cash to make any deals without somebody leaving.

We still need that 8/10 and without one I can't quite see a top four finish, but the team is looking pretty solid now. Next summer looks promising already because Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and Ozil are out of contract and, assuming we don't extend their deals this season, that's gonna be a big relief to the wage budget and our squad size.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 06, 2020 12:39 pm

Ceballos is our 8 (for now). but yea we probably need one more

you're underestimating us Jay. All we need is balance in our midfield, so that Arteta can be more confident working on our offensive game. Hopefully Partey goes a long way in correcting that, because his player profile certainly suggests that. If we get that balance, we're getting top 4
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:23 pm

I think we have a few candidates for that 8/10 role at the club. We already know Willian is comfortable floating in that space and switching to either flank. Ceballos can play in a more advanced role if Partey collects the ball from deep instead.

Saka has a bright future in midfield, I don't see him as a long term wingback. He's so malleable, quick and intelligent, he can definitely progress centrally, we saw it vs Sheffield.

Emile Smith-Rowe could have a breakthrough season as an 8 assuming he stays fit and gets some cup/EL minutes. Arteta has already waxed lyrical about him.

When our CBs are all fit, we'll have Tierney and Kola for the LB/LWB role, in which case AMN could possibly get some time in midfield although I think it would have happened by now if it were to happen at all.

But all in all, I think Partey gives us the flexibility to try different things in midfield and bank on positive development from some of the youngins.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:27 pm

one hundred MJ! go check out my post in the season thread.
Once the midfield gets rolling, I think our next first issue will be finding a solid partner for Gabriel. Luiz can't be trusted too on and off. He probably will get the shout still, but when he starts fucking up somebody else will need to step up. Apparently Mari is left footed, so it's probably not gunna be him, that's a shame. I've always maintained Holding holds promise, but he has never really taken that big step forward yet for us to take him seriously.
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Oct 06, 2020 1:55 pm

El Gunner wrote:one hundred MJ! go check out my post in the season thread.
Once the midfield gets rolling, I think our next first issue will be finding a solid partner for Gabriel. Luiz can't be trusted too on and off. He probably will get the shout still, but when he starts fucking up somebody else will need to step up. Apparently Mari is left footed, so it's probably not gunna be him, that's a shame. I've always maintained Holding holds promise, but he has never really taken that big step forward yet for us to take him seriously.

was just gonna say similar posts at almost the same time lol Cool
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Oct 06, 2020 2:08 pm

Jay29 wrote:Next summer looks promising already because Luiz, Mustafi, Sokratis and Ozil are out of contract and, assuming we don't extend their deals this season, that's gonna be a big relief to the wage budget and our squad size.

#LANS

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 33 of 44 Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 38 ... 44  Next