CBarca
RealGunner
Luca
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
15 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:24 pm

The Black Sheep wrote:And there it is...you can't seem to allow us our opinion on his personality. I actually didn't have an issue with anything on the court related.

I was and remain a humble athlete. I have never been a fan of big personalities and think you should earn respect as opposed to feeling yourself too much. But I know many greats have that mentality. Just a difference of opinion on personality which is subjective.
That is the only reason I feel you were coming across as a Lonzo fan boy. I will admit you are more knowledgeable as your support the team - I am just going off things I heard and I think it's sickening to sell a sneaker for so much money before being a professional.

Keep in mind I feel similar towards Jordan. But that is gettin off topic and I just wanted to clear up my feelings.

Might just have been a misunderstanding tbh. I don't think the Sneaker thing is good. At least not in the long run. If they (edit: the company) get bigger, and can produce the shoes cheaper, and still don't make more affordable stuff it will become a real problem.

My whole point about this is just that LaVar really is the brains behind all the stuff with the BBB and shoes etc.

Lonzo is really a humble athlete from all the post game interviews I've seen. He never ever talks about himself in any way that promotes him being good. He's almost humble to the point where it's too much.

That's an example of where he just says the right thing basically.

This is from last night. THat's the instance where he shows most personality really. He is angry about not winning, so his achievements doesn't matter.

A lot of other players could've taken too much self-congratulory stuff in that record during a loss.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:25 pm

I know Toronto are not championship winning level or anything but i didn't expect Boston to beat them without Kyrie. Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:26 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know Toronto are not championship winning level or anything but i didn't expect Boston to beat them without Kyrie. Laughing

Brad Stephens is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:39 pm

Just got home from Serbia some hours ago. They really love their basketball.
Jokic is so incredibly popular too. He has the potential to become as big for them as Djokovic.

These offensive savant white Centers are incredibly fun to watch. Especially Jokic.
Heard he loves horses and is such a weird dude.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Jokic does come across as really weird in interviews tbh Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Jokic does come across as really weird in interviews tbh Laughing

Totally Laughing I love him. The fat, nice weird kid from school. Just happened to be a generational athlete also.

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 CaNR1SjUkAAHnYf

The Official Dwayne Wade <<<<<< you thread - Page 26 CaN6Tb_W0AAC4EU

I love him so much. Don't think I've ever seen a player like him.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Yeah sorry Dom but I kinda agree with Freeza here. Lonzo for the most part has always come off as humble and respectful. The shoes, the BBB, all of that and indeed all the hype around Lonzo comes from his dad.

Lonzo tries his best to stay our of it from what I can tell
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:58 pm

Will check the videos shortly and I appreciate the adult like conversation. Glad we arrived on the same page.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:01 am

CBarca wrote:Yeah sorry Dom but I kinda agree with Freeza here. Lonzo for the most part has always come off as humble and respectful. The shoes, the BBB, all of that and indeed all the hype around Lonzo comes from his dad.

I'm all for being educated and glad we were able to clear things up. Family can be a difficult (especially when money gets involved) - I hope he is able to rise above and avoid anything that we have seen in the past from greedy family members trying to make a buck for themselves.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:09 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I know Toronto are not championship winning level or anything but i didn't expect Boston to beat them without Kyrie. Laughing

Come on man, we were supposed to be talking about Lonzo to deflect away from the Raptors

Were an awful team man. The definition of a treadmill team

Luca
J Council Master

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:10 am

The Black Sheep wrote:
CBarca wrote:Yeah sorry Dom but I kinda agree with Freeza here. Lonzo for the most part has always come off as humble and respectful. The shoes, the BBB, all of that and indeed all the hype around Lonzo comes from his dad.

I'm all for being educated and glad we were able to clear things up. Family can be a difficult (especially when money gets involved) - I hope he is able to rise above and avoid anything that we have seen in the past from greedy family members trying to make a buck for themselves.

His father is pretty aware of those people. There was an episode of the reality show where he got angry about old friends and family calling them after 10 years just after Lonzo was drafted into the league.

The family is close really.

I can see why people would hate LaVar though. I just like him because he reminds me of my father. He's less loud though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:14 am

I love LaVar

The problem is people take him to seriously, he's made a brand around his sons and basketball. In that sense, that's great business. He also seems like a very great person away from all the stuff he does for the media

The only thing I didn't like is him saying Lonzo was better than Steph Curry, while Lonzo was in college. It was an unprovoked thing that pretty much began his rise to infamy but I just wasn't for it, Steph is on another level

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:15 am

Luca wrote:

Come on man, we were supposed to be talking about Lonzo to deflect away from the Raptors

Were an awful team man. The definition of a treadmill team

Laughing

Wasn't my intention tbh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:19 am

Luca wrote:I love LaVar

The problem is people take him to seriously, he's made a brand around his sons and basketball. In that sense, that's great business. He also seems like a very great person away from all the stuff he does for the media

The only thing I didn't like is him saying Lonzo was better than Steph Curry, while Lonzo was in college. It was an unprovoked thing that pretty much began his rise to infamy but I just wasn't for it, Steph is on another level

"To me, my son is the greatest player ever"

If he'd said that, I don't think anyone would've faulted him for that tbh.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:21 am

Freeza wrote:
Luca wrote:I love LaVar

"To me, my son is the greatest player ever"

If he'd said that, I don't think anyone would've faulted him for that tbh.

Agreed,

"I have the utmost confidence in what my boy is doing. He’s better than Steph Curry to me. Put Steph Curry on UCLA’s team right now and put my boy on Golden State and watch what happens.”

However, he said this and in a completely unprovoked way

But at the same time, we have all these athletes and media personalities these days that are so trained and its boring. LaVar is outspoken, audacious and exciting to me

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:41 am

Don't mind LaVar much, he's just a proud father and he's trying to build a brand so I understand what he's doing.

If anything, I find him a bit annoying at times but that's not the worst thing in the world.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Mon Nov 13, 2017 12:45 am

CBarca wrote:Don't mind LaVar much, he's just a proud father and he's trying to build a brand so I understand what he's doing.

If anything, I find him a bit annoying at times but that's not the worst thing in the world.

Some people (not here), do see him as the worst thing in the world though

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:51 am

Lonzo I have no problem with. He definitely says and does the right things. LaVar is an absolute POS though. He insinuated that Kyrie Irving was less of a man because his mother died when he was 4 years old. F that guy.

Speaking of, 12 wins in a row and now we get Masked Kyrie Cool
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:27 am

The upcoming draft is incredible. Sad we don't have a pick.

Whoever gets Bagley or Doncic will be so fun to watch.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:59 am

Dem 6 minutes doe.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:31 pm

Since KCP got back, Lakers have been the second best defense Proud

Incredible improvement. Shame we don't have any shooters though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:55 am

Kuzma and Nance Jr. playing COD WWII right now on twitch @freeza

https://www.twitch.tv/callofduty

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:03 am

Larry Nance just as bad on offence in CoD as NBA
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:38 am

Lose to the wizards at home without John Wall, no problem

Lose to the Celtics without Kyrie, hell yeah

Smash the Rockets in Houston

Life of a Raptors fan. I hate that I support this team

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:50 am

Sometimes you just gotta tip your hat, Raptors were *bleep* quality on the night. It wasn’t Gordon’s greatest game, there was a point in the 4th quarter where he turned the ball over in such an easy manner it left a really bad taste. The rookie also played great defense against Harden.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Nov 15, 2017 11:13 pm

Apparently Lakers can extend Deng for 3 years this summer without anymore guaranteed money. Stretch him and then pay him for 3.3m for 10 years and release him.

This will probably happen tbh. Then we can sign two max players and keep the young core.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next