Harmonica
Bankz
Kaladin
53 posters

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG - Page 4 Empty Re: BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG

Post by Bankz Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:52 pm

I think mbappe is scared of competition tbh.. Thats the only reason he isnt going to real madrid.

Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:59 pm

Chad the thing is that if he is so risky then Madrid shouldn't sign him for 180 m in the first place. But given that they think he is worth that much, that should also translate to salary.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:08 pm

Real Madrid isn't worried about paying Mbappe.... it's the salary demands of others on the team if they break the salary structure. That's the argument.

The issue with it is that the market has shifted. People like to blame PSG... but really, it's the EPL that has caused the shift. Only reason PSG is offering 180 and 12 is because they got into a bidding war with City. Madrid was willing to come to 180 mil as well.

This isn't the case of 1 club artificially setting the market. It's been a competitive bid process.

I also guarantee you that, if Neymar wanted to go to City, Man U or Real Madrid, those clubs would have triggered the clause.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:10 pm

I understand that much but if the club is gonna pay mbappe that, its gonna cause a conflict in a lot of ways we all know that and the salary is ridiculous no matter what.

I don't see how turning down the best club in the world that you dream of playing for, to earn less prove something then renegotiate his contract after 2 season after he is proven his worth, stop acting like he is 26 or something he has plenty of time to earn outrageous salaries, he scared of competition and the fee is an excuse cause the club ain't gonna ruin it's wage structure for him or any top club for that matter only a clown club like PSG.
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Turok_TTZ Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:19 pm

For once, Chad is correct.

It's his decision. I'll respect it. I hope he finds what he wanted at PSG for this move will close the door to Madrid. PSG don't sell if they don't want to. Very difficult to imagine him at madrid in the future. Oh well.

The search for finding Benzema's successor continues...
Turok_TTZ
Turok_TTZ
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid

http://trm.jcink.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:27 pm

sportsczy wrote:Real Madrid isn't worried about paying Mbappe.... it's the salary demands of others on the team if they break the salary structure. That's the argument.

The issue with it is that the market has shifted. People like to blame PSG... but really, it's the EPL that has caused the shift. Only reason PSG is offering 180 and 12 is because they got into a bidding war with City. Madrid was willing to come to 180 mil as well.

This isn't the case of 1 club artificially setting the market. It's been a competitive bid process.

I also guarantee you that, if Neymar wanted to go to City, Man U or Real Madrid, those clubs would have triggered the clause.

Honestly if you want to blame someone, it's Madrid paying god knows how much for Bale etc etc Laughing

That's where it started, nobody was paying 80m for players before then.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:51 pm

Madrid and United kicked off a process (primarily Madrid) that became accelerated by oil clubs like PSG and City. Mole is right here tbh, Chelsea got Abra and could spend freely, and spent a lot but even they never inflated the transfer market or paid exorbitantly high fees. City when they first got on the scene did similarly (though that's partially because they had to pay for fairly average players at first, no top top players would come).

Only when Madrid started paying insane fees did the rest of the clubs realize it was possible to buy the best players in the world and seeing how much of an impact Ronaldo has had, realizing the investment could be worth it. Now these clubs have so much money they don't know what to do with it.

The EPL hasn't helped either, especially City.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 3:54 pm

Agreed Mole.

That's why I feel a lot of clubs are incredibly hypocritical with their comments right now.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:09 pm

Of course they are, honestly it's a load of contributing factors.

People who can afford it will get the best and the ones who don't will complain.

I don't like it, mainly because i feel it locks off the top tier of football to most clubs and causes a competitive imbalance.

But it is what it is and how it's always been it's just there's a bigger gap at the top now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Feels amazing to watch this in real time as an American who has an economy built the same way tbh Proud
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:19 pm

Barca's Neymar deal was at the same time as Bale's... and it ended up being more.

Tbh, Madrid forever and Barca recently have always been the culprits with exorbitant player pricing. Used to have a handful of Serie A teams doing it too, but that's over.

Instead of stopping teams from spending... they should charge a "luxury tax" for teams that spend over the FFP. That tax could then be distributed to the clubs in UEFA. That's how they do it in the US for overpaying clubs and it works fine.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:29 pm

But then you have the problem of teams who are very good but can't afford to go over the luxury tax like for example Atletico, perhaps Juventus, and teams that can ignore the luxury tax (Cavs in NBA, Portland with owner Paul Allen) and just take the hit.

That's City, PSG in this world. Unlimited money and it will further put them at an advantage.

And I agree you can put primarily Madrid, but also Barca and United States the forefront but you must admit now City and especially PSG are the ones who have been pushing the envelope recently and with this summer they are the ones who are causing the market to spiral into a place we haven't seen before. PSG are about to spend 400m on two players. This is more uncharted territory than Mole admitting he was wrong about something
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:44 pm

The trouble with the American style system is that the money just goes to the owners Laughing

I'd still want the money to go to the players tbh, NBA does a better job now if balancing the two but the NFL is awful in terms of that.

Honestly it's a hard fix, on the plus side if we had a similar system you'd probably have the leagues forcing out owners like Mike Ashley or any other cheap European owners Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:48 pm

At least when we paid alot for players it actually meant something:

We held the transfer record for over a decade. Everything was done reasonably

There was a time the record was broken for Balon d'or winners/candidates

We broke the first record in 2001 with Figo, then again with Zidane, then Ronaldo and then finally Bale

If you look at all these, they were all legends. With Bale the club believed he was a top 3 player when he was bought. Injuries sort of ruined him but the point is, alot of thought were put into these buys

Nowadays the record is broken left, right and center, and guys with 6 months experience is going for 180mill ffs.

I am glad my club is pulling out from this absurd market. 150mill for Pogba, 180mill for Mbappe, 130mill for Coutinho and Dembele do me a freaking favour. I'd rather pay Neymars release clause than be fleeced by these clubs. At some point you have to put a stop to this madness. What was bought for legends before is being paid for talents now. Absolute maddness!!!

The record is being broken every year nowadays, we held it for 10 years before we got Ronaldo. Some perspective ffs

I hope we continue getting cheap players from Spain while the rest of the clubs bankrupt eachother for 1 or 2 players
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:57 pm

PSG are about to sell Di Maria, Pastore, Matuidi, Kyrchowiak and Aurier.  That should fetch them around 150 mil.

Nike is about to drop a massive check to them too once Mbappe is signed (rumor is 100+ mil; not sure for what lol).

So 250 out of the 400 is going to be covered and they just cleared a ton of wages with those 5 departures.

The problem is that the media talks about everything as a single event as opposed to allowing all the events to unfold and then assessing the situation.  Sensationalism at its worse.  But what can you do.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 5:58 pm

Nothing Madrid did was reasonable during the galactico period Hala.... come on lol. We weren't "reasonable" until Mourinho arrived and even then. You don't remember the fees we dropped on Coentrao, Illaramendi, etc.?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:17 pm

No one can seriously argue the summer Madrid signed Ronaldo and Kaka was reasonable lol.

It's fine, all big clubs do it just realise you are part of that.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:19 pm

It wasn't reasonable. But it's not this level.

The record was broke by over 100%. That's just crazy Laughing
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:21 pm

Freeza wrote:It wasn't reasonable. But it's not this level.

The record was broke by over 100%. That's just crazy Laughing

Well it's escalation obviously, just like what Milan did in the 90s wasn't reasonable but it looks normal compared to what's going on now.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:25 pm

The footballing world didn't see it as reasonable at all especially the year Madrid spent close to quarter billion in transfers. I never pretended Madrid didn't have a hand in this madness, they did. Some may say we started it but we are definitely part and parcel.

Still though, at least Madrid are using some sense in not wanting to pay an 18 year old 12m a year for what was essentially 6-8 months of football.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:46 pm

In fairness todays Madrid is different to that Madrid, as Nick never makes us forget Laughing

They are a lot smarter seemingly with how they approach buying players.

It's probably true that the lavish spending of the past allows them to be like this though, just like it does with Chelsea as they are nowhere near as ridiculous as they used to be either.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:15 pm

I am not talking about total fees. Yes we went on a spending spree buying player for close to half a billion euros which was unheard of at the time. I am talking about fees for single players

I will not deny that what we did was madness and unreasonable but bar Ronaldo we didnt overpay for anyway. 30mill for Xabi, 50-60mill for Kaka, 30mill for an uber talented player like Benz was reasonable up until 2 seasons ago now you have to pay at least 150mill

Even spending 30mill on Coentrao wasn't outside the norm, it was unreasonable for a Madrid fan because we already had a starting LB and getting a back up for 30mill was unreasonable but nowadays, 50mill is the starring price for a defender. All these talented defenders all the way from Ferdinand back in the days to Ramos/Alves cost no more than 30mill, and it was maintained like that for nearly 20 years, nowadays prices are rising exponentially.

As I said, there was alot more meaning to our buys when we were breaking the transfer records. You couldn't say "oh but you broke the bank for this guy so our player is worth at least as much or more" because we would just dangle the balon d'ors in their faces

Imagine going and buying Mbappe for 180mill and hoping to bag an attacker for a normal price after that. Yh....no won't happen
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:28 pm

Just like Milan, Madrid, Barca, Chelsea, etc...  you need to grossly overpay early in order to win and build a reputation.  Once you have that brand equity that competes with the elite, then you can be more "reasonable".

Peoples' memories are very short apparently lol.

Let me give you an example...  when we spent 94 mil euros on CR in 2009, the previous record was Zidane for 77.5 mil in 2001... both by Madrid looooool.

The record prior to Zidane was...  Madrid spending 62 mil euros on Figo in 2000.

I mean Madrid talking about "unreasonable" fees and wages is either the height of hypocrisy or naivete.

Same with Serie A fans...  go see what the Serie A teams did to the football economy starting in the late 80s throught the 90s.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:32 pm

The most expensive player ever on a per game played basis is and will be Bale no question for a long time imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:38 pm

I think what Hala is saying is that Madrid paid over the top for guys that were legit world class/Balon D'or winners that you can justify (or "justify") the price with and not for the Morata's and Lukaku's of world football.

I still don't think that excuses Madrid for their contribution but I get his reasoning.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:51 pm

Well we paid 90 mil for James Rodriguez when he had REALLY done nothing.  Vinicius, Illaramendi, etc.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next