53 posters

Page 11 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG - Page 11 Empty Re: BREAKING: Mbappe to PSG

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:13 pm

rincon wrote:
sportsczy wrote:Which one is overrated actually Laughing

at the VERY least, the ones that lost a league to Monaco and 6-1 to Barca

That's why they signed the one man show that beat them 6-1. So not really a valid point.

PSG have the most dangerous attack by far. We could've had the best offense if we didn't field cripples.

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:15 pm

sportsczy wrote:Don't hate the players... hate the game.

The jealousy is quite amusing actually lol

Nobody's hating or jealous man, chill out.

I think it is too much to say the best trio in the world without even having played a game together. So ok, maybe I was wrong, not overrating because it's impossible to overrate something that didn't happen yet. It looks very good on paper, but you never know, especially when a 18 year old is involved. Smile

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:16 pm

The one-man show is just 1 player. He asked which ones were overrated, so basically everyone else.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:21 pm

rincon wrote:The one-man show is just 1 player. He asked which ones were overrated, so basically everyone else.

How is the team overrated then? They just added a guy that could demolish anyone, and the most talented 18 YO attacker I've seen in my life. It's not the same team that lost to Barca. Hard to call the former players overrated. Especially considering they were robbed by the referees.

I'm so terrified of this PSG team.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:26 pm

Read the question dude. He didn't ask "is the team overrated", he asked "which one is overrated" (talking about players).

Reply to Zigra then, who said PSG.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:54 pm

Until proven otherwise, PSG would be considered overrated due to their inability to get past anyone in the UCL QF stage. Also, they blew a 4-0 lead to Barcelona. A 1st leg that Barcelona had no business coming back from. So it's not hatering or hateraid or hateration, just us calling it as we see it.

That being said, Mbappe-Cavani-Neymar is a ridiculously great front line. Good luck with that Ligue 1.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:28 pm

I'd say Dembele Suarez Messi is better
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:30 pm

there's no how this team isn't scoring Barcelona 5 home and away tbh, how many they concede is up to them too.. it will be like the Brazil vs Spain confed cup final in 2013, where 2 players marking neymar got subbed off (including Albeloa at half time) and pique also getting a red card after neymar did him dirty Laughing . Spain where the better on paper but on the field it was boy oh boy! I think that was the beginning of spains downfall tbh. they started to become ordinary from then on. now add in Mbappe and Cavani and see why this will be overkill for any team. Why they're so scary is that Neymar doesn't even need to bother himself about scoring, all he needs to do is just create chances, spaces and just flat-out destroy any defence and let mbappe and Cavani put in the finishing touches.

Last edited by Bankz on Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:48 pm

Doc wrote:Until proven otherwise, PSG would be considered overrated due to their inability to get past anyone in the UCL QF stage. Also, they blew a 4-0 lead to Barcelona. A 1st leg that Barcelona had no business coming back from. So it's not hatering or hateraid or hateration, just us calling it as we see it.

That being said, Mbappe-Cavani-Neymar is a ridiculously great front line. Good luck with that Ligue 1.

You're comparing last year's squad and projecting it to this year with the additions of Neymar, Mbappe and Alves. If it was significantly the same team, ok.

As a result, the whole line of logic is completely flawed.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by rincon Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:04 pm

Its not significantly the same team when 8 of the 11 players remain and the coach is the same?

Then again, we all had this same argument last year. Where me and others said that until PSG finally starts knocking out top teams, they are not a top team, and so on. There is no point in having the same argument again.

They went on to lose the league to Monaco and got embarrassed in CL. So there is that.

Until they get real and perform better, can't rate them too highly. It looks nice but they need to back it up with big moments, lets wait and see.
rincon
rincon
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:18 pm

sportsczy wrote:
Doc wrote:Until proven otherwise, PSG would be considered overrated due to their inability to get past anyone in the UCL QF stage. Also, they blew a 4-0 lead to Barcelona. A 1st leg that Barcelona had no business coming back from. So it's not hatering or hateraid or hateration, just us calling it as we see it.

You're comparing last year's squad and projecting it to this year with the additions of Neymar, Mbappe and Alves. If it was significantly the same team, ok.

As a result, the whole line of logic is completely flawed.

Oh, I didn't know PSG made it past the UCL QF already. Congrats. I'm sure if this were Liverpool or Milan, you (may) would have sang a different tune but the verdict is very much still out on PSG. They are gonna have to prove to a lot of people they are not just a collection of expensive signings.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:29 pm

Again, you're using the results of a team with significantly different variables yo say that the current team.is overrated.

If you told me that we won't know how good they are until they face the challenges of the season ahead... Totally agree. But saying that they're "overrated" using the previous versions of the team as a benchmark... I just don't see it as a valid argument.

Neymar is basically CR or Messi. Mbappe is a phenom. Those are highly impactful additions.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 pm

seems people basically forgot that psg beat barca 4 - 0 last season ffs. This will be the most fearsome attack in Europe tbh.. 1. this have a different more sick neymar 2. when you have neymar as the centerpiece of a team, the team excels as seeing with Brazil, Santos and he's first few games with psg where they've scored 12 goals in 3 games 3. Cavani will recieve a butt load of scoring opportunities 4. mbappe being a phenom will be out to prove that last season wasn't a fluke 5. the attack will have great support in Dani alves 6. Cavani and mbappe are quantity goal scorers 7. this psg are motivated freshly from last season. I can mostly bet that psg will win the CL between now and 3 years time... at most tbh.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:00 am

If PSG retain tomorrow Draxler and Di Maria, anything other than 5 titles in 2017-18 is a failure. They should offload just Lucas Moura, keep both Draxler and Di Maria for depth. TBH I only rate Real Madrid as better team right now, if PSG doesn't achieve semi-final of UCL (the only exception is they face Real Madrid in Last 16 or QF), I will find PSG as flat track bullies. Reach at least semis of UCL or die, nobody cares what you do in France.

sportsczy which players may PSG lose on 1st September (the window in Spain is still open)? If they keep the squad just like it it, it's 2nd best squad in world football after RM. If they retained Matuidi, I would rate them as best squad.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:04 am

Market is closed.  They've retained everyone. Even with Spain open, the France one is closed... so they can't transact from what I understand. All Spain can do it is transact within La Liga.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:17 am

sportsczy wrote:Market is closed.  They've retained everyone. Even with Spain open, the France one is closed... so they can't transact from what I understand. All Spain can do it is transact within La Liga.

Good for PSG then. Supercup, League Cup, French Cup and Ligue 1 plus semi-final of UCL with that line-up is minimum IMO. If they don't achieve it, adios Emery. On another note, I hope you're right with market being closed. I hope you are right and Barca won't sign overrated Coutinho with little end product for 150M euros. That would be horribly overpaid transfer.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:21 am

Barca need to purge that board without further damage being done. The less they do until that happens, the better. Dembele was a good signing... but the fact that they pushed him to go on strike is not a good look. I want to believe he did that on his own, which would be fine. But I have a feeling that Barca is behind it given recent history.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:28 am

Board needs to go asap but they should NOT sign Coutinho for that ridiculous fee. Seriously I don't rate Coutinho too high, I don't think he's good enough for Barcelona and tbh I wouldn't pay more than 60 M of euros for him. Liverpool may keep him forever as far as I'm concerned. Dembele is good signing, young and tons of potential. His ceiling is way higher than Coutinho.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:31 am

Lemar is the one they should have gone after. He's basically Coutinho and he could have been had for 80 mil.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:42 am

Barca offered 60M of euros plus loan of one player (I don't know who) according to one journalist from RMC. You could find that on Twitter.
TBH I would prefer Lemar for 60M plus Rafinha (too bad he is as always injured). Lemar for 80 M of euros is little overpaid, but acceptable. Coutinho for 150M or 160 is just ridiculous.
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:45 am

Surprised
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:05 am

Ligue 1 teams are basically sparring partners at this point . The real test for PSG lies in the CL now more than ever. If they don't make it far, the last months of the season would be boring as hell. However, on paper imo they're amongst the 4 favourites imo. They've got more experience too compared to last year (and more talent too obviously).
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 01, 2017 2:09 am

You're under estimating Monaco. I'm telling you, they'll push PSG. PSG are galacticos... but Monaco is extremely talented and will stick right with them.

Monaco is still a top 8-12 team in Europe imo.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:03 pm

amazing finish.

Got nothing on Benzema though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:13 pm

I'm going to be bitter... for years. Unless we get him at some point.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by zigra Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Amazing dive as well I've heard :bow:
zigra
zigra
First Team