RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 23 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:10 am

Neymar will try to become a 40 goals per season player now at PSG, won't defend as much and will just try to score as many as possible that's his fate. No goals no glory

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 23 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:54 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:while i enjoy Nerman greatly, it's hard for me to understand people discounting Ronaldo so easily after the season he just had, the guy is a back to back CL winner, Rekt teams in CL this season on his way to an historical win, but no Neymar is a better player rofl

edit: forgot to mention that he destroyed the best defence since the great milan era, causing a rift that broke the team apart, and beat the best GK ever  

Ronaldo winning CL doesn't mean shit because this isn't a individual sport and he was playing for the best team in the world. He is great at scoring goals, but his overall play is nowhere close to Neymar's level these days.

What Neymar did against PSG is the most memorable thing of the last CL.

You don't even know what destroying a defense means, which is what Messi did to Boateng and Kaka to Evrá and Heinze. Cristiano Ronaldo just has excepcional finishing, the goals came from great collective efforts.

Last edited by Socur Toxanarosa on Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 03, 2017 12:59 am

CR is clearly better than Neymar.... every day of the week. And I'm no CR fan. He's been nothing short of phenomenal recently though.

Messi and CR are on another level. Neymar has yet to reach that plateau.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:02 am

sportsczy wrote:CR is clearly better than Neymar....  every day of the week.  And I'm no CR fan.  He's been nothing short of phenomenal recently though.

Messi and CR are on another level.  Neymar has yet to reach that plateau.

Messi is on a league of his own, a league which CR never came close. Neymar is more talented than CR, but he doesn't have a team with the best midfield in the world to feed him, the closest thing to this until today is Brazil NT. There's a reason he is considered the best international player around.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:07 am

CR was doing this and more... with a completely lopsided and dysfunctional team for many years at Madrid.  This "best midfield in the world" thing is 3 years old.  We had Khedira, Lass, Alonso, Gago, Illaramendi, etc. manning it for most of his career here.

You can't discount CR.  He's one of the best players of all time easily now.  Top 5 given Madrid's recent success and his contribution to it.

Maybe all he needed was a complete team, like Messi has enjoyed almost every year at Barca, to show his full repertoire.

He has 529 goals in 719 games in his career...  406 in 394 while at Madrid.  That's just ridiculous. Now has 75 goals on NT too with garbage as attacking teammates.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:12 am

sportsczy wrote:CR was doing this and more... with a completely lopsided and dysfunctional team for many years at Madrid.  This "best midfield in the world" thing is 3 years old.  We had Khedira, Lass, Alonso, Gago, Illaramendi, etc. manning it for most of his career here.

You can't discount CR.  He's one of the best player of all time easily now.  Top 5 given Madrid's recent success and his contribution to it.

Nah he never did what Neymar does, there's a reason why a lot of people call him Penaldo or Tapnaldo. He won 1 La Liga in his first 5 years that supposedly were his prime years, so he's not this world beater after all, he needs a very very strong team to win shit.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:41 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:while i enjoy Nerman greatly, it's hard for me to understand people discounting Ronaldo so easily after the season he just had, the guy is a back to back CL winner, Rekt teams in CL this season on his way to an historical win, but no Neymar is a better player rofl

edit: forgot to mention that he destroyed the best defence since the great milan era, causing a rift that broke the team apart, and beat the best GK ever  

Ronaldo winning CL doesn't mean shit because this isn't a individual sport and he was playing for the best team in the world. He is great at scoring goals, but his overall play is nowhere close to Neymar's level these days.

You don't even know what destroying a defense means, which is what Messi did to Boateng and Kaka to Evrá and Heinze. Cristiano Ronaldo just has excepcional finishing, the goals came from great collective efforts.
you just contradicted your initial point saying that Neymar is a better player then, because even what Neymar did vs PSG is not all down to him.

you once said "football is not an individual sports" but there you go praising the achievement of a team down to a single player to validate your own theories

ah yea, sweet irony
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:49 am

@sports are u implying that ronaldo is a top 5 player of all time? Anyway, Neymar is the second best player in the world imo. But then again, we're mostly entitled to our own opinions. Aside finishing related characteristics, neymar basically shits on ronaldo in every other area of the game. People dont get to see the best of neymar because in barcelona, he plays second fiddle. For a real comparision, theres a reason neymar is the undisputed best national team player on the planet. There, he has freedom to be absolutely creative and make whatever decision he deems fit which he wouldnt get at barca. For instance, If neymar wasn't suspended (and unable to participate) for both copa americas, i'm sure brazil could have won one of them at the very least. Brazil crashed out in the first and second rounds of both competitions without neymar for a reason. Infact, theres a reason santos hasn't gotten anywhere close to the copa libertadores before and after neymar. Give neymar freedom and he'll make magic happen.
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:58 am

top 5 may be exaggerated (Pele, Maradonna, Cruyff, Messi and Zidane for me).  But definitely in the next 5 with Beckenbauer, Di Stefano, Platini and Zico.

People don't understand what CR does without the ball and the type of winger he was in his younger days. He's relentless and just destroys people as much by just his pure desire than his talent. He's not a technician, although good technically. But he is the most physically dominant attacking player ever. His athleticism just kills everyone.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:00 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Socur Toxanarosa wrote:Ronaldo winning CL doesn't mean shit because this isn't a individual sport and he was playing for the best team in the world. He is great at scoring goals, but his overall play is nowhere close to Neymar's level these days.

you just contradicted your initial point saying that Neymar is a better player then, because even what Neymar did vs PSG is not all down to him.

you once said "football is not an individual sports" but there you go praising the achievement of a team down to a single player to validate your own theories

ah yea, sweet irony

Thanks
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:02 am

And all I'm saying btw is that Neymar still has to be an alpha winner at a top club in Europe to get in that plateau... while being dominant.  That would never happen at barca.  Let's see if he does it at PSG for several years.

If he does, it's a fair discussion.  But right now, he is far behind the all time greats imo...  very far.  It's his time to prove that he's able to carry a club on his shoulders to glory.

Nothing to do with talent and ability... but how it translates at the highest level while having the most pressure. That's the reason he left I believe. He knew he'd always be a footnote in football history playing behind Messi.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:04 am; edited 1 time in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:03 am

you are actually trying to compare CR's 2016/2017 CL campaign vs Neymar's PSG game to justify Neymar is better? Laughing this is where i stop this type of conversation. you are clueless bro, have a good night.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Socur Toxanarosa Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:08 am

sportsczy wrote:It's his time to prove that he's able to carry a club on his shoulders to glory.

Cristiano Ronaldo won UCL with Manchester United, the best team in the world that season.

Won 3 UCL with Real Madrid, playing like dogshit in the first 2 finals, great performance in the last one, but hardly carring the team on his shoulders. And Real Madrid always was the best or at least at the same level of the best teams in the world in these campaigns.

Average in Portugal's Euro title, didn't even need him in the final

Failing to see how Cristiano Ronaldo fulfills your criteria.

Mr Nick09 wrote:you are actually trying to compare CR's 2016/2017 CL campaign vs Neymar's PSG game to justify Neymar is better? Laughing this is where i stop this type of conversation. you are clueless bro, have a good night.

No, i say he is better because i watch both, try doing the same. Good night.
Socur Toxanarosa
Socur Toxanarosa
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:18 am

I really wonder how much of this was caused by Barca going after Verratti.

"Oh yeah? You tried to pry away my player and try to get him to force a move?! Hold my beer..."
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:31 am

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I really wonder how much of this was caused by Barca going after Verratti.

"Oh yeah? You tried to pry away my player and try to get him to force a move?! Hold my beer..."

Was actually wondering that myself. If all this would have been avoided if Barcelona wasn't so adamant on signing him. By whatever means necessary.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:36 am

I would say no, I think PSG getting humiliated out of the champions league has more to do with that, ironically against Barcelona. But i am sure they started working papa Neymar months ago
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:45 am

"He is better because I watch both"
I watch both and still don't think Neymar is better hmm Not this season anyway.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by svt Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:18 am

PSG always coveted Neymar, all the way back to his initial transfer to Barca. They layed off him when Barca was sponsered by Qatar Foundation/Qatar Airways. Since that has changed, it became open season to go after him and they would have done the same last season if it wasn't the tax investigation.

svt
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:33 am

This discussion would've been so much more entertaining if CR had been French.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:35 am

Socur Toxanarosa wrote:
No, i say he is better because i watch both, try doing the same. Good night.
Covfefe
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Unrighteous Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 am

Unrighteous
Unrighteous
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:55 am

From my understanding Neymar and his papi approached PSG and spoke about what they can offer, Neymar then took it to our board and asked if we could offer him the same or better, with Messi on the team that wasn't going to happen if we could or not. According to DM, Neymar will be making £596,000 a week after taxes more then Ronaldo and Messi. We'd have a back and forth war in our own club Neymar and his papi not happy to Messi and his papi not happy and so forth, till we had only academy players to support them because they'd eat up most the wage.

Cruyff was right at the end that you can't have two captains on the same ship and this is how this turned out at the end, it was either Messi or Neymar and we decided to stick with Messi. However I can't complain Neymar has won 8 titles in 4 years including 2 leagues, a CL title and a historic treble. He's contributed a lot to the teams success in the 4 years he was here, but his departure depended on Messi we can't say the board made a wrong call here aside from having such a low release claus, but as some stated that is also decided by the Neymar.

At the end it's to early to see what will happen Neymar has won a lot with us plus will pocket 200+ million, if Neymar wins the CL will be sitting their holding our d!cks in our hands, if all he wins is Ligue 1, then it'll be PSG.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:59 am

la liga just rejected the cheque to sign neymar rofl

story on AS
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:19 am

Lol Neymar better than Ronaldo. Goodness gracious me, the stuff I read :brickwall:
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by guest7 Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:28 am

But Flo has bought La Liga :decieved:
guest7
guest7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Bankz Thu Aug 03, 2017 11:47 am

Barcelona? Like seriously? rofl what an embarassment :facepalm:
Bankz
Bankz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next