RealGunner
Great Leader Sprucenuce
CBarca
Firenze
guest7
82 posters

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 8 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:31 pm

Oh yea forgot about spain and their release clauses.

RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 8 Empty Re: Official: Neymar signs for PSG

Post by RealGunner Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:32 pm

Lucifer wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Barca will spend that 200m on 2 scrubs from Valencia, 2 from villarreal and 2 from Valencia with 1 from Arsenal.

that is the current trend of sugning scubs to feed MSN. With Neywhore gone the board would be forced to sign a galactico. And we do have a knack of landing WC players if we go after them, Suarez being the latest example.

Which galactico will you sign? There are no galacticos out there. All of them are at Madrid, Bayern, Arsenal, City or United.

Can sign Sanchez back if you want.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:33 pm

4 "scrubs" from Valencia? hmm

Parejo, Cancelo, Santi Mina and Gaya.
Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:34 pm

No matter how childish Neymar is, it's never good to lose a player of his stature. The MSN have been carrying all the other average players in that team for a good 3 seasons now. Though they shouldn't give in to his demands either, who does he think he is. I am sure their differences can be solved amicably without Barca having to sell their soles again. What a money wh**e he is, seriously. No loyalty at all to the club that literally broke the law to make him happy and bring his arse to Europe.
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Well, a Galactico used to mean a player who won the Ballon d'Or and has many years of experience and success under their belt.

Now, a galactico means a player who has one good season, costs north of 100m and plays for Monaco.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 pm

I think the rumors hold true

Barca finishes up the US tour with Neymar
When the team flies back to Barcelona, he will fly separately directly to Paris to finish up the deal.
In the mean time, Paris and his father are working out the logistics of Neymar's new contract, something that takes time and not something that would happen over night like it does on FIFA
Neymar is rumored to pay out his own release clause and then sign on as a free agent to Paris to avoid FFP relegations (PSG is bankrolling the whole thing of course)
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Dybala and Thiago maybe hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Parejo would finally go to the club he so loves and embrace his hate for us openly at last
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:38 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:No matter how childish Neymar is, it's never good to lose a player of his stature. The MSN have been carrying all the other average players in that team for a good 3 seasons now. Though they shouldn't give in to his demands either, who does he think he is. I am sure their differences can be solved amicably without Barca having to sell their soles again. What a money wh**e he is, seriously. No loyalty at all to the club that literally broke the law to make him happy and bring his arse to Europe.

Reminds me of Pogba - loyal to nothing but gold.
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:40 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:Well, a Galactico used to mean a player who won the Ballon d'Or
by that criteria Madrid have not signed a galactico in last decade except Kommander hmm

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:41 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:No matter how childish Neymar is, it's never good to lose a player of his stature. The MSN have been carrying all the other average players in that team for a good 3 seasons now. Though they shouldn't give in to his demands either, who does he think he is. I am sure their differences can be solved amicably without Barca having to sell their soles again. What a money wh**e he is, seriously. No loyalty at all to the club that literally broke the law to make him happy and bring his arse to Europe.

yea agreed. to me he wants to get paid more than anything (as well as get his father another huge sign on fee). We can't afford to have two players making "Messi" money, and rumors holds that the offer PSG is giving Neymar is on the same level as what Messi's new contract is at. Barca already has a ginormous wage bill, we simply can't match that and expect to sign other top quality players.

And seriously, we all love Neymar and know he has incredible skill, but only Messi and Ronaldo should be making that crazy loot those 2 make. Those 2 are incredible and without a doubt the 2 best players in our generation. If this is some money move to try and get Neymar a new contract (remember we just upped his pay, and he signed a new contract back in October after pulling this same stunt last summer) then he can go f himself.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:42 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:^If PSG activates his release clause with Neymar willing to leave, there's nothing Barcelona can do to stop the move.

But I'm still skeptical about this whole thing, because as I said before, if Neymar truly wanted to leave, he would be a PSG player by now.

The fact that this "saga", if we could call it that, is still going on tells me there's something else the Neymar family is looking to get from Barcelona.
you should know by now that negotiations between players and clubs take time. Look at Danilo we have known for days he is leaving, why is it only being confirmed official today?

Last i heard on french radio, Neymar's dad was negotiating the image rights of neymar with PSG, and that's what was/is taking time.

For them it was not a question of "if neymar wants to go", they know he wants to go.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by The Demon of Carthage Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:43 pm

Lucifer wrote:
The Demon of Carthage wrote:Well, a Galactico used to mean a player who won the Ballon d'Or
by that criteria Madrid have not signed a galactico in last decade except Kommander hmm

There also has never been a ballon d'or winner outside Messi and Ronaldo for the past 10 years hmm
The Demon of Carthage
The Demon of Carthage
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:46 pm

Also, fck loyalty lol

players are only loyal to their bank accounts, how many players have held their club hostage to get a batter deal, yet you see fans defending them here because they "stayed" lol

ronaldo, ramos, rooney, kroos, toure, verratti, Ibrahimovic, messi, the list goes on

loyalty is overrated. you do you nerman jr
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:46 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Parejo would finally go to the club he so loves and embrace his hate for us openly at last

Not interested if he's worn these colors.  
Official: Neymar signs for PSG - Page 8 Dani-Parejo-Photo

Say what you will, the club obviously makes crap and head scratching signings when it comes to the middle of the road type deals, but our big deals have mostly been game changers. I expect us to go heavy for a top player if Neymar leaves, and possibly sign 2 guys (1 legit, and 1 trash like Vermalean perhaps). We will be alright  

They have to, the current board is already under heavy pressure to resign due to all the scandals, and this would be the nail in the coffin. They lose Neymar and don't add proper reinforcements, and next summer there will be a new presidential running. Bart ain't trying to lose his job without a fight. That alone means he will gun out for big name signings if Neymar bounces. Remember it's not just a TOP player we are losing, it's all the marketability he has that also goes out the window. Neymar is one of the most popular players on the planet, we would lose like half a decade of revenue just in marketing with him leaving at 25. The board would like be asked to resign
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:52 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:Also, fck loyalty lol

players are only loyal to their bank accounts, how many players have held their club hostage to get a batter deal, yet you see fans defending them here because they "stayed" lol

ronaldo, ramos, rooney, kroos, toure, verratti, Ibrahimovic, messi, the list goes on

Am not against asking a wage hike tbh. But doing shenanigans and holding club and fans at ransom is not acceptable.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:55 pm

windkick wrote:

yea agreed. to me he wants to get paid more than anything (as well as get his father another huge sign on fee). We can't afford to have two players making "Messi" money, and rumors holds that the offer PSG is giving Neymar is on the same level as what Messi's new contract is at. Barca already has a ginormous wage bill, we simply can't match that and expect to sign other top quality players.

And seriously, we all love Neymar and know he has incredible skill, but only Messi and Ronaldo should be making that crazy loot those 2 make. Those 2 are incredible and without a doubt the 2 best players in our generation. If this is some money move to try and get Neymar a new contract (remember we just upped his pay, and he signed a new contract back in October after pulling this same stunt last summer) then he can go f himself.
I think the worst thing Barca did was to mess up their wage structure by offering these raises every other year. I have no doubt in my mind that in a few seasons time everytime Barca buy a player they are going to put them in a wage bracket like a few clubs do. No player in Barca's team should be making close to what Messi makes, it should even be embarrassing to ask. Ronaldo makes double of what Bale makes who is in the 2nd wage bracket and the moment he asks for more he's probably going to get moved like ADM/Ozil

Buying Hazard would probably lower the blow and he's another money who*re so anything will tempt him as long as he sees dollar signs. Barca seem to be obsessed with Dybala and Coutinho though and with all due respect they are not Barca material
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun Jul 23, 2017 6:57 pm

The Demon of Carthage wrote:

Reminds me of Pogba - loyal to nothing but gold.

Pogba left a selling club to rejoin his youth team, pls dont compare the two

also if you can get around FFP that easily what a joke (tbf I forgot this is even a thing) needs investigating or a huge overhaul, mockery of a system
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:03 pm

Lucifer wrote:

Am not against asking a wage hike tbh. But doing shenanigans and holding club and fans at ransom is not acceptable.
he is not holding anyone at ransom, and neymar doesn't care about "fans", no one but himself and his dad matter in this decision making. At no point has he stopped and thought "we have great fans here at barca, i can stay for theml" Laughing

this is simple, PSG told neymar: we can make you the richest player in europe. Neymar shows the offer to barca and ask them to match it, they can't? bye bye.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:05 pm

windkick wrote:

This is essentially how I feel about the situation. It's highly preferable to keep Neymar. Hell, I would prefer Neymar to the 200 million or so. Losing Neymar won't be great for image, but Barca is one of the biggest clubs in the world, losing him won't be disastrous especially if the fee is astronomical and he ends up on a Messi money contract. Neymar is an incredible player and Barca can't replace him, he is supposed to be the one to carry Barca after Messi is done, for me. I think he is that level of a talent (not Messi level but good enough to be our main man).

But I do take issue with him trying to get Messi money. If that's what it is, he can leave. If that's not what it is and he simply wants to leave and make Messi money elsewhere, please leave. With the wages he's on and how much more superior Messi is in every way possible, there is no reason to give in to his demands. It's preferable he stays but only if he wants to and on the contract he's on right now.

I'll thank Neymar for his service but be disappointed in what a money grubbing pos he is if he does leave.

Is this the part where I'm supposed to be mad at PSG for talking to Neymar btw? Kind of like how Juve fans feel about United?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:06 pm

frankly i work for corporation A, and corporation B wants to double my salary, i go to see my boss, show him the offer, he can't match it? i clear my desk and im gone. Gonna make new work friends at corporation B. these guys are no different, they are just much richer than we are. and i'd slap anyone who pretends he would not do the same.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:07 pm

Unlike Neymar these guys have either deserved a raise (Kroos), done it once (Ramos, Toure) or just could because of their superiority to their peers (Ronaldo/Messi/Ibra)

Neymar does it every season and with him you get the sense that he's always with a foot out the door. He made the move to Barca because they offered him the most money and he said he went there because of their football project, now he's leaving for PSG because they are offering him and his dad the most money. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up in China within 3 seasons because he wants more money.

Veratti is different, they offer him raises because they have endless money and it doesn't mean much to them. But like his agent said, he is a prisoner, they control him. Neymar has Barca by the balls

Ramos wanted a raise 3/4 seasons in a row and we shot him down every single time and when Iker aka the captain of RM and Spain left, his time finally came and we were forced to give him a raise. No player holds us at ransom as ADM and Ozil realised unless your name is Ronaldo

halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:08 pm

you only deserve what you have the leverage to bargain. Show me the book that says you need to win to get a raise? there is no such thing lmao
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:11 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:
Luca wrote:

I'm with nick here, the ball is firmly in PSG's court right now.

The ball may be in PSG's court, but the only one who can dissolve his contract is Neymar himself. HE needs to pay his buy out clause. PSG can't make the transfer happen, they can only give Neymar the money to make it happen.
going to the league and stuff is too messy, barca can also just take the money because they know Neymar wants out, much classier and much simpler. And i should remind you they are the classiest of clubs

It's not messy for Barca. Barca get the money anyway, and the good thing about the buy out clause is that the whole money has to be paid at once, which of course in the case of 200+ m represents a considerable problem of liquidity and financial logistics.

Usually such deals would be spread over years and somehow cushioned into all kinds of financial shenanigans.
But this kind of affair, they have to transfer 220m in a bulk to Neymar.

Barca should in no way facilitate this.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:12 pm

A win-win situation tbh, Neymar and his prick of a father out of the door and pocketing 200M. I know most people believe we won't make good signing, but this board will have fire under their asses once Neymar is announced as a PSG player and forced to make a statement signing failure to do this would mean they done as Barca president/board, which I want don't even care if they spent 200M on Paulinho, I want them out the door and willing to even lose Neymar for that.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:15 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:
Hapless_Hans wrote:

The ball may be in PSG's court, but the only one who can dissolve his contract is Neymar himself. HE needs to pay his buy out clause. PSG can't make the transfer happen, they can only give Neymar the money to make it happen.
going to the league and stuff is too messy, barca can also just take the money because they know Neymar wants out, much classier and much simpler. And i should remind you they are the classiest of clubs

It's not messy for Barca. Barca get the money anyway, and the good thing about the buy out clause is that the whole money has to be paid at once, which of course in the case of 200+ m represents a considerable problem of liquidity and financial logistics.

Usually such deals would be spread over years and somehow cushioned into all kinds of financial shenanigans.
But this kind of affair, they have to transfer 220m in a bulk to Neymar.

Barca should in no way facilitate this.
from an image point of view i mean, and you are right, barca should in no way make it easy for PSG. And i suspect this is one of the issues PSG are running into. It's one thing to pay 100 mil now and then schedule 2-3 other payments in future years vs payment 220 mil cash. that's why they are looking at that FFP think carefully, UEFA and ready and waiting to bust them.

So it's in PSG interest to have barca accept the bid like a normal transfer... i did not think of it this way before, you are right.

It will not shock me to then see psg do a lot of loan now and buy next year type of deals
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 24 ... 40  Next