Thimmy
M99
Great Leader Sprucenuce
10 posters

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Yakuza series - Page 5 Empty Re: Yakuza series

Post by Thimmy Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:07 am

Jay29 wrote:The advanced golf course is really tough. Spend like two hours trying to get 300 and still couldn't do it. Laughing

Have you played Virtua Fighter and Virtua-On in the arcade yet? They have not aged well.

I keep either hitting those super fking agonizingly annoying signs that hang down from the ceilling, or the cardboard cows. Think my record in the advanced course is 180, so far. I'll keep trying, but I can feel my blood boil whenever I think I've hit a perfect shot, and the ball still somehow gets stopped by a sign or a cow Razz

I have played Virtua Fighter. Yeah, they've aged badly. I just completed a side-quest that involved defeating 3 enemies in a row. Don't think I'll pick it up again.

Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Wed Aug 29, 2018 4:00 pm

I still need to buy a PS4 so I can play these games.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:43 pm

I'm 10 hours in and still in the middle of Chapter 4 because I've spent the last three hours doing the Cabaret Club Grand Prix Laughing

If I can teach myself how to play Mahjong I might actually platinum this one.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Jay29 wrote:I'm 10 hours in and still in the middle of Chapter 4 because I've spent the last three hours doing the Cabaret Club Grand Prix Laughing

If I can teach myself how to play Mahjong I might actually platinum this one.

I want to learn it, but I don't know if I can be bothered to actually do so Razz I got a hole in one on the advanced golf course, by the way. It netted me 200 points. Thought it'd be a breeze to get the remaining 100, but every single shot after the first one either hit a chain on one of the hanging signs, or the very edge of the cardboard cows. I gave up.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:45 pm

I managed to clear the advanced golf course by fluking a hole and scrounging the remaining points. I think by the end I gave up trying to curve the ball and just let the wind do the work instead.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:35 am

I can't believe they cut an entire area + the Adam's Host sidequest from the original Yakuza 2. They added the Majima storyline, but that doesn't quite compensate for it. Damn shame.

How far have you gotten, Jay?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:43 am

Just started Chapter 5 and returned to Kamurocho. Probably going to spend a lot of time playing baseball and doing the bouncer quests before I do any of the story.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:34 am

I did the bouncer quests for a while. Liked the convenience store ones. They seem infinite, though. Every time I thought I'd cleared them all, a new one popped up, and they all seem to have medium, hard and legendary difficulties that you have to get through in order to unlock new ones. Got fed up and moved on. Now, I'm at chapter 10.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:35 am

Osaka Castle is the most nonsensical place, ever. Even by Yakuza standards. I don't even remember it being in the original Yakuza 2. Must've suppressed the memory.

I do appreciate the detail of running into an alcoholic on the streets of Osaka who shouts "I saw Osaka Castle get split in the middle. I swear, it's true!", though.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Sep 05, 2018 6:57 pm

I just unlocked the Clan Creation mode. Lost it at the advertising flier. "We build shit!" Laughing I also love how the construction helmet is just a permanent part of Majima's character model now.

Shame the mode itself isn't all that fun. It'd be a lot better if you could actually just have a massive brawl instead of this weird tactics stuff.

Last edited by Jay29 on Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:00 pm

I agree. Wasn't a big fan of the mode when they introduced it in Yakuza 6. I still completed it in Y6, though. I'll probably complete it in this game, as well, since you can't fight those Amon guys without doing all of the sidequests.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Sep 10, 2018 9:34 am

Chapter 12 is insane. I did not expect to fight actual tigers in a boss fight after beating up a bunch of samurai and ninja.

I finished the Cabaret Club Grand Prix storyline. Just have one more sidequest and two more items on the Completion List to do before that's done completely.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:04 pm

Bought Yakuza 0 today, could play for few minutes as i am very exhausted/drunk rite now. After few minutes i am little skeptical of this game, should i be? I dunno will have proper look at it tomorrow.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:58 pm

Lucifer wrote:Bought Yakuza 0 today, could play for few minutes as i am very exhausted/drunk rite now. After few minutes i am little skeptical of this game, should i be? I dunno will have proper look at it tomorrow.

You shouldn’t be. The game has a very slow start. One of the slowest starts out of any game I have played in recent memory. There’s also a lot of text boxes to click through, if you don’t want to read them. A lot of it isn’t crucial to the story or anything. I think you’ll appreciate the game, by the time you finish it. It only gets better as you advance through it.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Fri Jun 28, 2019 8:20 am

So i didn't know that the game does not autosave. Cool.

Spoiler:

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:05 pm

If I remember correctly, the story starts getting interesting after chapter 2, when you control Majima. It would've been preferable if it did have auto-save, but it was never an issue for me. Apart from during some of the longer battle sequences, I never had much trouble saving.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucifer Thu Jul 18, 2019 6:39 pm

I have a confession to make. There's someone else. It's not you it's me. I know we took our time to get things going and we didn't have the perfect start like my previous relations but eventually you started to grow on me. God knows you did.  All those things that initially irritated me about you , actually made you stand out from the rest and made me gradually like you  (except the shitty no auto save thing. That still sucks balls). I liked your quirky ways and most importantly you made me laugh like no one did. I felt our bond was getting tighter as we started to know each other. The more I payed interest in you the more I got invested in you.
Everything was going fine until that fateful day when I got drunk. I still remember it like yesterday. My friend had come and we had far too many shots of vodka. I casually opened my phone and started searching for what I shouldn't have. Why did I do that? I was perfectly happy with you and our relationship was just starting to bloom. I know I shouldn't have but I did and then I saw her, sitting amongst the crowd like a queen. My heart skipped, my judgement abandoned me and something inside me shouted, " You need to get her, right now". I am sorry but I succumbed, I shouldn't have but I did. I went up to her,  I summoned up the courage and was just about to do something but then I remembered you. I felt bad, real bad. I tried to abort my actions but then once again saw her and my  instincts got better of me. I saw those two beautiful discount tag and offer tag hanging and wanted to grab them with my both hands with all my vigour. And i did. With one stroke of animalistic brute force I pressed "buy now" and screamed in pleasure. We were all over each other and before I could know what's going on, I was deep in her, almost second chapter deep. Things got real nasty real fast and I enjoyed it too much. I felt waves of pleasure hitting me again and again and again.
Then something inside me said, "She is perfect, almost in every way".
I don't want to hurt your feelings but I think I will be with her from now on and may return to you later, if you'll take me back that is. But I must have her,  I owe that to myself. Hope you'll understand.

TLDR was playing Yakuza 0, saw GOW 4 on sale, bought it and enjoying it like hell. Will get back to Yakuza after completing it.

Lucifer
The Last Cat Hater.

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:06 pm

https://twistedvoxel.com/yakuza-3-english-localization-gamescom/

About time.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Mon Aug 19, 2019 1:33 pm

I already have access to Yakuza 3-5 on Playstation Now. I don't mind the graphics all that much, you get used to it and stop expecting everything to look shiny and glossy. My issue with those games is that I'm pretty burnt out on the classic, Yakuza format. I'm thinking of starting on Yakuza 5 this week, which is the only Yakuza game I haven't played before - the one where you switch between controlling 3 different characters. I hope it shakes things up a bit.

I'm sure God of War will be added on there by the time Lucifer finishes it, as well Rolling Eyes
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:05 pm

In Japan, heart surgeon. Number one. Steady hand. One day, Yakuza boss need new heart. I do operation. But, mistake! Yakuza boss die. Yakuza very mad. I hide in fishing boat, come to America. No English, no food, no money. Darryl give me job. Now I have house, American car, and new woman. Darryl save life. My big secret: I kill Yakuza boss on purpose. I good surgeon. The best!
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAIae9XCETY
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:06 pm

Woo! I'll just wait for the Yakuza 5 remaster then, instead of playing the original.. which I had intended on starting on today.
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:26 am

I bought 3, 4 and 5 after completed 0 a year or so ago, but never got round to playing them. Now that I know the remaster has updated localisation and no cut content, I'm tempted just to play that instead.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 29, 2019 4:13 pm

so Yakuza 7 is going to be a turn based RPG? and it looks pretty cool, at that.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Thimmy Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:00 am

Firenze wrote:so Yakuza 7 is going to be a turn based RPG? and it looks pretty cool, at that.

Where did you hear this?
Thimmy
Thimmy
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri Aug 30, 2019 12:28 am

Thimmy wrote:
Firenze wrote:so Yakuza 7 is going to be a turn based RPG? and it looks pretty cool, at that.

Where did you hear this?

https://www.resetera.com/threads/yakuza-7-announced-stars-ichiban-kasuga-set-in-yokohama-turn-based-combat.137896/

they showed off footage today
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next