Nishankly
zigra
Hapless_Hans
31 posters

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Go down

Liverpool Flopping - Page 7 Empty Re: Liverpool Flopping

Post by jibers Fri Mar 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Don't call me James wrote:We don't need to attract elite talent. Mane and Matip came and their level of quality is more than good enough. BUt we need more of this quality.

Van Dijk and Naby Keita are being linked and they are more than good enough to make us better. I don't see how we wouldn't be able to attract players from Soton and RB Leipzig.

Salah deal was nearly done 3 years ago and he wanted to come until our transfer committee cheaped out and didn't offer what they agreed with Basel.

Zielinski deal was nearly done this past summer except we *bleep* over Watford for Sinclair and Udinese and Watford share a common owner so Udinese didn't sell to us because they got pissed off lol.

But the point stands that we can attract this tier of players.

We don't have to sign and be able to attract Pogbas and Griezmanns, and Di Marias and Ozils to compete with the other big boys.

I said maybe Elite talent will make up for the lack of tactical edge Klopp gives his team, a bit like what Suarez gave Liverpool. I gave a detailed explanation of Klopp's problems when he took over and almost all of it has come to fruition, if not all of it. His strategy is greatly halted when teams restrict the space and the team doesn't have the automatisms to create chances and look toothless with the ball. Klopp simply hasn't adapted to teams negating his tactics.

Pulisic came out and said he respects Klopp and he was never ever going to leave BVB and join Liverpool, Suarez was willing to leave you for Arsenal. You think Liverpool will be the only team in for van Dijk and Keita? That's my point. Klopp

You guys have money but you also have a wage structure that won't be broken. Essentially Klopp is always facing the same issue Leicester did this season with teams not letting them counter attack, even though yours is far more advanced but the themes are the same.

What CF is within Liverpools reach that you would like to sign? Timo Werner would be a good shout and is a good finisher. I could see him linking very well with Coutinho and Mane.

I also think a better target man could alliviate a few issues. Benteke never had the quality. LLorente could be a good buy as well imo.

jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 03, 2017 10:50 pm

Curtinho wrote:Behemoth looking filth? What does that even mean?

Look up what behemoth means if you don't know, you uneducated filthy peasant.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:06 pm

jibers wrote:
I said maybe Elite talent will make up for the lack of tactical edge Klopp gives his team, a bit like what Suarez gave Liverpool. I gave a detailed explanation of Klopp's problems when he took over and almost all of it has come to fruition, if not all of it. His strategy is greatly halted when teams restrict the space and the team doesn't have the automatisms to create chances and look toothless with the ball. Klopp simply hasn't adapted to teams negating his tactics.

Pulisic came out and said he respects Klopp and he was never ever going to leave BVB and join Liverpool, Suarez was willing to leave you for Arsenal. You think Liverpool will be the only team in for van Dijk and Keita? That's my point. Klopp

You guys have money but you also have a wage structure that won't be broken. Essentially Klopp is always facing the same issue Leicester did this season with teams not letting them counter attack, even though yours is far more advanced but the themes are the same.

What CF is within Liverpools reach that you would like to sign? Timo Werner would be a good shout and is a good finisher. I could see him linking very well with Coutinho and Mane.

I also think a better target man could alliviate a few issues. Benteke never had the quality. LLorente could be a good buy as well imo.

The main issue with Klopp's tactical problems against counter attacking teams is at the moment lack of quality in the team. Specially technically. Our midfield is awful. Henderson cannot play against park the bus teams because his skill set is limited and useless on the pitch. If you have plenty of space, sure he would be great. But his touch is awful and lets him down every time and on the other end defensively he cannot stop a counter to save his life. Wijnaldum is similarly limited. He cannot dribble to save his life. His game is one touch passing and when there's no space for him he just goes hiding and keeps deferring to Coutinho or Lallana. Lallana's problem is he dribbles too much. He's a good technical player but has shitty football IQ man. The dude makes too many wrong decisions specially when you get so few opportunities against these defensive teams. Firmino's touch is godly one day and then cancer the next 5 days. He's too hot and cold, plays like a street footballer. Nothing more than a squad player at this level. Clyne has zero technical ability. He's a kick and chase player with meh crossing. Doesn't provide anything offensively against the defensive teams.

When you have so many passengers on the pitch against these teams who lack the technical quality, it's impossible to do well. Our movement of the ball is so slow and broken. I'm 100% certain with better suited players it would be a cake walk. So the problem is not with Klopp's tactics. It's the quality of the same average squad of players that David Brent assembled thinking he would take over the world with these group.

We might face competition for Van Dijk and Naby Keita but not to the extent if we were in over our heads going for an Alexis Sanchez or an Icardi or a Lacazette. I don't know what you are saying in the second paragraph because it seems we agree that Liverpool cannot attract elite talent.

We have an advantage with Southampton and Bundesliga in the market so unless Real Madrid or Bayern or Barca or other big teams throw money at Van Dijk or Keita we should be in a good position unless the wage issue comes up.

I have no idea who would be a good Cf signing for us because like I said we are shopping in a very hit and miss market level. I like to see if we can get someone like Vietto or Angel Correa and see if we can kickstart their career because they are not getting many minutes in their clubs at the moment. I don't know how good Timo Werner is so can't say.

Completely disagree on the last part. That's the last thing we need. There's a reason Benteke isn't at the club anymore. And he's much better than Llorente.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:09 pm

Don't call me James wrote:

is there really any need for that. Just because he has a different opinion then you.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Unique wrote:

is there really any need for that. Just because he has a different opinion then you.

He called me out first.

For all I know the dude showed up claiming he's a Liverpool fan the week of us beating Arsenal (5-1) and Everton (4-0) and looked liked we were title challengers. A bandwagoner if I ever saw one. And he has the audacity to question my allegiance to Liverpool.
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Fri Mar 03, 2017 11:18 pm

Unique wrote:

He called me out first.

For all I know the dude showed up claiming he's a Liverpool fan the week of us beating Arsenal (5-1) and Everton (4-0) and looked liked we were title challengers. A bandwagoner if I ever saw one. And he has the audacity to question my allegiance to Liverpool.
you been here years longer than me and I've never known him to be anything other than a Liverpool fan. You get to up tight when Liverpool get a bit of criticism just chill a bit man.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7