Jay29
RealGunner
McLewis
Tomwin Lannister
Great Leader Sprucenuce
18 posters

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Freeza Sun 7 Aug - 16:14

Ric Flair would kill McGregor with a single woo

Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official WWE Thread - Part 29 - Page 7 Empty Re: The Official WWE Thread - Part 29

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:14

Firenze wrote:Shelton Benjamin failed his medical and won't be returning to WWE as a result btw, injured rotator cuff, quite serious apparently [Di Marzio]

Shame, was looking forward to him tbh. His character wasn't all that but at least he would have put on some entertaining matches in the mid card.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:16

might be biased as a big man myself though tbh, the little boy inside of me probably thinks I could smash the likes of McGregor. (providing the rounds were 20 seconds long or my cardio would give out)

Although for example there is no way on earth I am going to lose to the likes of Demtrius Johnson, Moal, you telling me that Mighty Mouse and his division could beat up WWE wrestlers in a fight? hell no
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:18

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:
Firenze wrote:Shelton Benjamin failed his medical and won't be returning to WWE as a result btw, injured rotator cuff, quite serious apparently [Di Marzio]

Shame, was looking forward to him tbh. His character wasn't all that but at least he would have put on some entertaining matches in the mid card.

not that I'm really watching nowadays but I was looking forward to his return too

you know what shocked me though, hearing he was 41 years old.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:19

No one would get close to DJ lol. I think we need to realise we are talking about trained fighters and guys who are entertainers, most of them have awful punching technique.

I have seen HHH workout and do punchbag, his technique is laughable lol, MMA guys would laugh him out the room.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:20

RealGunner wrote:Would love to see Mccrapper get out of Del Rio's figure four

lol

I wonder how many WWE submissions are actually legit, think I mentioned it before but remember putting ppl in the walls of jericho as a really young kid and it doing nothing ffs, same for crippler crossface, felt shocked and betrayed Sad
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug - 16:21

Someone pls explain me what's WWE really about. I watched it when I was in the 6th grade, but at that time I thought they were fighting for real. I even remember a lot of wrestlers...but now I don't see a reason that could make me watch.

Thanks in advance! Thumbs up
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:23

oh you're talking about legit MMA fighting,  I'm thinking about a straight up fight where someone has to either submit or get KTFO lol

quite likely that the likes of McGregor or DJ would win 99/10 against anyone on WWE roster besides Lesnar IMO in an MMA fight on points

Think Rusev would be legit though, doesn't he have a top wrasslin background on an olympic lvl too?

Last edited by Firenze on Sun 7 Aug - 16:24; edited 2 times in total
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:23

Firenze wrote:

not that I'm really watching nowadays but I was looking forward to his return too

you know what shocked me though, hearing he was 41 years old.

He's older than Rhyno apparently rofl kept himself in great shape though. I suppose the miles matter more than the age.

It's funny WWE guys who are 40 always look really old but independent guys who are 40 look like they are in the 20s.

Mainly because Vince thinks it's a great idea to have 300+ day a year schedule smh.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:28

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Someone pls explain me what's WWE really about. I watched it when I was in the 6th grade, but at that time I thought they were fighting for real. I even remember a lot of wrestlers...but now I don't see a reason that could make me watch.

Thanks in advance! Thumbs up

Basically best way to explain it is it's.... Pre determined "fights" with storylines etc. It's entertainment basically.

I have never thought it was real since I was about 5 lol, but when it's good (not always the case) I.e the matches are entertaining and the storylines are interesting I like it.

Doesn't really bother me that it's not real as that's not why I watch it, I watch it for the same reason anyone else watches TV stuff because I find it entertaining.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:28

lol speaking of rhyno, saw online that he just won the republican primary for state representative in his area

people are already saying he's had a more successful political career than Linda McMahon after Vince poured 100m into her campaign rofl

shocked me so I looked into it, apparently Rhyno is an insanely intelligent person. Couldn't portray a more different character.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug - 16:35

Thanks Mole!

Well, in Romania wrestling was on TV for the first time when I was 6th grade. Obviously, I had my questions, but the blood was a little bit confusing to me. After a few months I searched the internet and I found that the fights aren't for real.
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 7 Aug - 16:36

Its basically a tv show with wrestling involved.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Sun 7 Aug - 16:38

Vlad the Impaler wrote:. After a few months I searched the internet and I found that the fights aren't for real.

Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 7 Aug - 16:40

Even thought it's "fake" I still get triggered by people saying none of it hurt rofl

Like Mankind falling down the cell etc.

Some of that hardcore shit was very much real. You don't see it anymore.

Also, tell Benoit's family wrestling isn't real.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:41

Vlad the Impaler wrote:Thanks Mole!

Well, in Romania wrestling was on TV for the first time when I was 6th grade. Obviously, I had my questions, but the blood was a little bit confusing to me. After a few months I searched the internet and I found that the fights aren't for real.

In terms of the blood if memory serves they just use blood packs lol.

Which is why usually when it happens the camera isn't on them lol, I think that's how it's done anyway.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 7 Aug - 16:43

Which is why usually when it happens the camera isn't on them lol, I think that's how it's done anyway.

Pretty sure the blood is real, or it used to be. It's called blading. They hide blades in the turnbuckles I think and they slice their foreheads.

That's why Dusty Rhodes, Ric Flair etc. have f'ed up foreheads
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:44

Freeza wrote:Even thought it's "fake" I still get triggered by people saying none of it hurt rofl

Like Mankind falling down the cell etc.

Some of that hardcore shit was very much real. You don't see it anymore.

Also, tell Benoit's family wrestling isn't real.

Yeah there are aspects which hurt them obviously, they do get injuries which need surgery etc.

But I think part of it why it doesn't happen anymore is because it wasn't safe probably. For example it was proven those chair shots to the head caused concussions lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun 7 Aug - 16:44

Stephen Amell did training for a while and was involved in a match which was like him taking bumps and doing nothing intensive at all

He had bruises all over his body for the next month or so lol.

Wrestling might be scripted but it is real and wrestlers are extremely underrated for their pain bearing ability.

there is a reason why wrestlers can't get life insurance.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:45

Freeza wrote:

Pretty sure the blood is real, or it used to be. It's called blading. They hide blades in the turnbuckles I think and they slice their foreheads.

Depends on the guy I think, some bladed and some didn't.

Obviously that's not allowed anymore, even if some of the talent would like to.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug - 16:45

Firenze wrote:
Vlad the Impaler wrote:. After a few months I searched the internet and I found that the fights aren't for real.

With every occasion...  Laughing

PS. @mole

We were under communism until 1989. It took us until 1995 to have a 2nd local TV channel and until 2000 to start borrowing entertainment shows from other countries. Now we have our own Survivor TV Show. Laughing

From 4th-7th August Untold Festival took place in Cluj, last year's best European festival. But 10 years ago, nobody could imagine that Tiesto, van Buuren, David Guetta, Avicii etc. - 150 artists will come in a huge festival in Romania. We had nothing. So...to conclude...WWE was my first true love for me. Sad I admit it. I even had my own wrestling forum back then. It was stupid anyway.

I got one of the TV WWE commentator's MSN ID and spoke with him a lot about wrestling. Found out about more violent divisions etc.

Big fan of John Cena, Stone Cold Steve Austin and The Rock. If I remember well, the last two from my list were direct enemies, but hey... I was a kid. I hated Randy Orton. Is Orton still alive?

Had to Edit this post because I wrote some stupid things by mistake.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sun 7 Aug - 16:55; edited 4 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun 7 Aug - 16:46

Freeza wrote:

Depends on the guy I think, some bladed and some didn't.

Obviously that's not allowed anymore, even if some of the talent would like to.

Yeah, I'd thought so. Not much blood anymore anyways. A lot changed after Benoit I think.

Basically killed the last hardcore stuff.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:46

Yeah Orton is still around lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Vlad the Impaler Sun 7 Aug - 16:48

That commentator that I was talking about told me about blading and said that they also have blood pills. It depends on the situation.

The guy is well known here, watching WWE since it appeared + managed to organize a WWE event in Bucharest and he was invited at some special party at which commentator's from Europe would participate together with wrestlers.

So he must know some things about blading and blood pills or packs.

Last edited by Vlad the Impaler on Sun 7 Aug - 16:52; edited 2 times in total
Vlad the Impaler
Vlad the Impaler
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun 7 Aug - 16:50

Blood pills is another one, like I said think it really depends on the guy tbh.

Although they are not allowed anymore, even if some of the talent would like to. I think Cena said before he would like it if Blood was brought back.

Times have changed though, too much money being paid by sponsors and it would probably piss them off.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun 7 Aug - 23:03

There's also the fact that having all that blood around on the ring and such is massively unhygenic and increases the chances of infection. No modern sport would get away with that now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 23 ... 40  Next