Firenze
63 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 25 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by futbol Mon May 07, 2018 9:54 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:
El Gunner wrote:You say that as if leaving your home, but not just that, also your homecountry is such a simple task.

I guess it's different for every individual. For me, home is where my family is and family I define as: my wife, my future children and myself. I'm not going to chain myself to friends, parents or parents-in-law.

Wife over parents? That sounds crazy.

A wife can be, and is commonly these days, replaced. The people who created you is final. You never get another of those.

Yeah, I'm not exactly leaving them to die just because I move somewhere else. Let's not make it more dramatic than it is. Laughing

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 9:59 pm

futbol wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:

I guess it's different for every individual. For me, home is where my family is and family I define as: my wife, my future children and myself. I'm not going to chain myself to friends, parents or parents-in-law.

A wife can be, and is commonly these days, replaced. The people who created you is final. You never get another of those.

Yeah, I'm not exactly leaving them to die just because I move somewhere else. Let's not make it more dramatic than it is. Laughing

Thats kinda the western stereotype though lol. Land of the nursing homes.

In Asian families when parents get old, or even before, they stay with a kid. Usually the oldest son and his wife, which is why a premium is always placed on the oldest and his wife. Not out of favoritism, but because they are the ones the parents will most likely have to live with when the time comes.

I fully expect to live with my parents if they get older and want it. Grandparents in the house are also better able to pass down tradition, language, and other valuable lessons more so than parents who are young and not as wise in terms of raising kids.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 07, 2018 10:04 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:
El Gunner wrote:You say that as if leaving your home, but not just that, also your homecountry is such a simple task.

dude your worried about your wife leaving you before you even find one Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 10:09 pm

Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:

dude your worried about your wife leaving you before you even find one Very Happy

I think in America today ~50% of marriages end in divorce. In japan where my girlfriend lives its nearly 40%. Its a realistic scenario to play out in your head no matter how secure you think your relationship is.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon May 07, 2018 10:16 pm

Nishankly wrote:
RealGunner wrote:Was it difficult making friends and adjusting to a new school all the time?

I don't remember it being difficult.

Except one time where my Dad told me I cried a lot when I was 7 because we stayed at a place for like 3.5 years, So i got attached with my friends and we had to move from a major city to a Hill station near the border which had no life.

Well, I've always looked it as a way of life for me.

Main benefits were being able to make new friends easily because you get used to starting from scratch every 2 years, Being open minded because you hang out with and notice how the subtle or major nuances in cultures and people (regional language, social status, religion etc) affects them allowing you to be easily accepted among different groups.

I always hated schools and studies, So f*ck that, Never cared much about it.

Also a lot of facebook friends lmfao. Building deep long term relationships has always been a problem.

I am glad it worked out fine for you. Do you see yourself living in Europe permanently or would you rather live in India?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Mon May 07, 2018 10:27 pm

It really depends on both career and personal life, Honestly I don't know right now but I came with a plan on shifting back to India within 5 years once I've earned back what I've spent for this.

One thing is certain I won't give up my useless, shitty, good for nothing Indian "No visa on arrival or transit visa eligibility" passport even if i can become an European citizen through naturalization.

I will apply for South Asia representative for the next BREXIT party in power though for sure.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 07, 2018 10:30 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

In Asian families when parents get old, or even before, they stay with a kid. Usually the oldest son and his wife, which is why a premium is always placed on the oldest and his wife. Not out of favoritism, but because they are the ones the parents will most likely have to live with when the time comes.

I fully expect to live with my parents if they get older and want it. Grandparents in the house are also better able to pass down tradition, language, and other valuable lessons more so than parents who are young and not as wise in terms of raising kids.

Working 50 - 60 hours a week as a University graduate in a well paid job makes it hard enough to have children of your own. Where would you get the time for looking after elderlies who can't look after themselves with work + own children and family?

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 07, 2018 10:39 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

I think in America today ~50% of marriages end in divorce. In japan where my girlfriend lives its nearly 40%. Its a realistic scenario to play out in your head no matter how secure you think your relationship is.
they are crazy stats tbh.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 10:41 pm

futbol wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:

Working 50 - 60 hours a week as a University graduate in a well paid job makes it hard enough to have children of your own. Where would you get the time for looking after elderlies who can't look after themselves with work + own children and family?

The wife would usually stay at home to raise the kids and take care of the parents. Another reason why such a premium is placed on the oldest son getting the best wife.

Back to top Go down

Post by futbol Mon May 07, 2018 10:47 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:

The wife would usually stay at home to raise the kids and take care of the parents. Another reason why such a premium is placed on the oldest son getting the best wife.

Different cultures, I see. Would never be possible in any Western country in this day and age, except in rural areas maybe. Which woman in Europe or America would be willing to be your nanny, the nanny of your kids AND parents?

Might explain why birth rate in Japan is lowest. If I'm a woman I rather stay single then.

futbol
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Effzeh Kölle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 11:05 pm

futbol wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

Different cultures, I see. Would never be possible in any Western country in this day and age, except in rural areas maybe. Which woman in Europe or America would be willing to be your nanny, the nanny of your kids AND parents?

Might explain why birth rate in Japan is lowest. If I'm a woman I rather stay single then.

It is a crap deal, and one I would never want my sisters to take, but it is a deal that women choose to make every day based off of the simple economic(and social) reality they are faced with.

Its also different now with the advent of Social media. The girls who are stay at home wives have their instagram pages. Selfies with their babies as they have starbucks at noon on a wednesday. Simple what the average worker slaving away cant have. These women are idolized, and many women want to be just like them when the right guy with an office job and ¥5 million salary comes along. Not for lack of dreams, but because the alternative is less appealing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 07, 2018 11:09 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
futbol wrote:
Betty La Fea wrote:

It is a crap deal, and one I would never want my sisters to take, but it is a deal that women choose to make every day based off of the simple economic(and social) reality they are faced with.

Its also different now with the advent of Social media. The girls who are stay at home wives have their instagram pages. Selfies with their babies as they have starbucks at noon on a wednesday. Simple what the average worker slaving away cant have. These women are idolized, and many women want to be just like them when the right guy with an office job and ¥5 million salary comes along. Not for lack of dreams, but because the alternative is less appealing.
what a time for them to be alive Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 07, 2018 11:22 pm

its crazy how girls are different all over the world. i remember years ago my wife told me to go to the shop and get some milk and other bits and bobs. on the way back i poped into the pub to have a chat with my mates. that was at 16.30 in the afternoon. i got home at 1.30 in the morning drunk as a skunk with 10 red roses that i spent £40 on from a guy that comes in the pub selling them. i got in said sorry for being late and gave her the roses. she took them from me then bashed them over my head until all she had left in her hand was about 3 storks. she didnt speak to me for 3 days rofl rofl man i love that women cheers
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 07, 2018 11:37 pm

Unique wrote:its crazy how girls are different all over the world. i remember years ago my wife told me to go to the shop and get some milk and other bits and bobs. on the way back i poped into the pub to have a chat with my mates. that was at 16.30 in the afternoon. i got home at 1.30 in the morning drunk as a skunk with 10 red roses that i spent £40 on from a guy that comes in the pub selling them. i got in said sorry for being late and gave her the roses. she took them from me then bashed them over my head until all she had left in her hand was about 3 storks. she didnt speak to me for 3 days rofl rofl man i love that women cheers

Do you feel the frequency with which you see your friends has gone down since you got married?

I've noticed that all my friends that got married have pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth outside of the odd social media post. With some its about their wives not wanting them around bad influence guys, and with other I guess its just the responsibility that comes with a wife. My biggest fear would be getting married, and her not liking my friends. Even a bigger fear as my girlfriend speaks english the way Solanke plays striker Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon May 07, 2018 11:45 pm

Betty La Fea wrote:
Unique wrote:its crazy how girls are different all over the world. i remember years ago my wife told me to go to the shop and get some milk and other bits and bobs. on the way back i poped into the pub to have a chat with my mates. that was at 16.30 in the afternoon. i got home at 1.30 in the morning drunk as a skunk with 10 red roses that i spent £40 on from a guy that comes in the pub selling them. i got in said sorry for being late and gave her the roses. she took them from me then bashed them over my head until all she had left in her hand was about 3 storks. she didnt speak to me for 3 days rofl rofl man i love that women cheers

Do you feel the frequency with which you see your friends has gone down since you got married?

I've noticed that all my friends that got married have pretty much disappeared off the face of the earth outside of the odd social media post. With some its about their wives not wanting them around bad influence guys, and with other I guess its just the responsibility that comes with a wife. My biggest fear would be getting married, and her not liking my friends. Even a bigger fear as my girlfriend speaks english the way Solanke plays striker Laughing
no man. my wife is happy for me to go out with friends and im happy for her to go out with friends. if you spend to much time together you get on each others nerves. my wife has a few friends where we live and at least 2-3 times a week she pops out for a few hours for a coffee and a chat with them. its good for her to get out of the house now and then. plus i get to watch what i like on tv. its all cool. Very Happy
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Fri May 18, 2018 5:41 pm

Another school shooting, in Texas

At least 8 dead
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Fri May 18, 2018 10:49 pm

10 now.

And in the home of "good guys with guns" no less.

Sickening.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Fri May 18, 2018 11:42 pm

RIP to those kids that lost their lives before they ever really started. And the adults that won't get to go home to their families tonight.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat May 19, 2018 12:09 am

‘No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat May 19, 2018 3:58 am

It's maddening. We are country full of innovators, movers and shakers.....we have some just straight up ingenious, willful and extremely powerful people here. Yet those in charge (both elected officials and non-elected officials) are content to just wring their hands and say they can't stop it. That's not acceptable at all.

Every problem has a solution. The powers that be in this country are simply too afraid to even try to work towards meaningful solutions. They are too busy looking over their shoulders to make sure their images and reputations are intact, that their campaign donations are still coming in, that their membership numbers are on the up, that their viewership/reader numbers are healthy. They don't care and in some cases, still don't even if it directly impacts them.

This is beyond apathy. It borderline nihilistic.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 19, 2018 1:05 pm

Nothing will ever change until we get money out of politics.

These guys, who have taken millions from the NRA, wont stand up against them.

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun May 20, 2018 2:39 am

USA gun violence thread - Page 25 DdmHAYXUwAY4W9d

lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 20, 2018 2:50 am

Apparently the shooter targeted a girl who rejected his advanced and murdered her because of it.

No need for gun control at all. It’s good these males who consider women their own sex objects who can easily access military style weapons.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2018 3:00 am

RealGunner wrote: USA gun violence thread - Page 25 DdmHAYXUwAY4W9d

lol

Like when Trump wanted to ban violent games after the last shooting it's just a means for them to distract the narrative instead of actually doing their jobs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun May 20, 2018 3:02 am

Mole, if you think that was a bad suggestion

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Sun May 20, 2018 3:04 am

Freeza wrote:Mole, if you think that was a bad suggestion

Laughing There's probably loads of idiotic reasoning like this, i don't want to go down that rabbit hole though.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next