Freeza
Firenze
63 posters

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

USA gun violence thread - Page 23 Empty Re: USA gun violence thread

Post by CBarca Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:
futbol wrote:Meh. American society is beyond help. "Journalists" on television shamelessly saying that a church is actually the best place where it could have happened. Laughing

Third world country with cash.

There is a reason why USA is known as the failed first world country lol.

Would love to see what actually living and working in a different country is like, but I'm not sure I can see myself leaving the US on any semi-permanent basis, especially with family there.

CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:15 pm

calling America a failed first world country is stupid tbh. with the state of things around the world to call America a failed country is dumb. how does stuff like this not offend the American members of the forum.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Nov 07, 2017 8:19 pm

CBarca wrote:
RealGunner wrote:
futbol wrote:Meh. American society is beyond help. "Journalists" on television shamelessly saying that a church is actually the best place where it could have happened. Laughing

Third world country with cash.

There is a reason why USA is known as the failed first world country lol.

Would love to see what actually living and working in a different country is like, but I'm not sure I can see myself leaving the US on any semi-permanent basis, especially with family there.

Home is home. I can't see myself live anywhere else either other than England. Also it doesn't negate the fact that USA is still great.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Wed Nov 08, 2017 5:50 pm

Of course, the USA is great and I'm still very proud of my country and happy to live there.

Still, I do think it would be interesting to work and live somewhere else for a time and see about it. Ultimately something I don't think I'll ever follow through on but, you know, who knows?
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:42 pm

national figures revealed the number of crimes involving firearms in England and Wales increased by 27% to 6,696 in the year ending June 2017.
https://news.sky.com/story/firearms-amnesty-as-uk-gun-crime-rises-27-this-year-11124745

so banning guns has done nothing to stop gun crime in the uk. who was it a few weeks ago that said gun laws don't mean shit. hmm
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:34 am

Murica at it again

Imagine living in this garbage country
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:43 pm

if you reach behind your back one more time you will be shot. so he reaches behind his back. the officer is obviously to nervous to be in that line of work. not sure if they test police officers to see how they act under pressure but they should do.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:51 pm

Probably too Hard and/or expensive to replicate real life pressure situations like the ones they encounter in real life. Despite what i'm assuming is a lot of training there's still a chance you end up with a trigger happy idiot with a gun.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Sat Dec 09, 2017 12:59 pm

Agree with Unique here, The situation could have been dealt in countless situations but as the officer waited longer and longer, The outcome keeps changing.

He could have cuffed him during the start, But maybe he was scared about the some other accomplices? What the verdict say on this situation?

He could have not shot him when his hand went behind to adjust the pant, But there could have been a gun in some other situation?

Apparently he was drunk as well? That probably made him make that mistake of taking his hand back instinctively to adjust his pant. Its sad all around.

Spoiler:

The odds change all the time, I don't see how you can improve these situations at all. Unless there is a certain lack of empathy or training in the US with cops?
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:04 pm

Would have to research the statistics of cops dying from perps hiding weapons while in a similar position to Draver here. It would have to be an insanely high number for these types of reactions to not only occur, but be consider the right thing to do in this situation.

I think this was murder.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jan 24, 2018 6:25 pm

11 gun shootings in SCHOOLS this year in the USA so far. We are 24 days in. 1 in 2 ratio so far.

AMERICA
FREEDOM
AMMENDMENTS

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:08 pm

they have clearly binge watched the Punisher
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:29 am

There was 1 just today in Kentucky. 2 students killed, 18 wounded by a kid who was being bullied. Another 1 in Texas by a kid who shot and wounded the girl who rejected him. Her boyfriend was wounded too I think.

But we didn't hear Trump tweet about though so the reasonable assumption is that these shootings involved white kids. We sure as hell would've heard from him real quick if they had been Hispanic, Black or Muslim.

Dude is racist. Period.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Jan 25, 2018 4:19 am

Trump has been a proven racist for 40 years. It’s really nothing new and so incredibly obvious.

Anyone denying it is completely shot in the head or a fellow racist.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:35 am

McLewis wrote:There was 1 just today in Kentucky. 2 students killed, 18 wounded by a kid who was being bullied. Another 1 in Texas by a kid who shot and wounded the girl who rejected him. Her boyfriend was wounded too I think.

But we didn't hear Trump tweet about though so the reasonable assumption is that these shootings involved white kids. We sure as hell would've heard from him real quick if they had been Hispanic, Black or Muslim.

Dude is racist. Period.
to be fair the entire media has been pretty hush about this, not just Trump. He follows the news cycle. I think in the US shootings are now so common they have become less news worthy.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:49 am

Is it more common in high schools than at universities?
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:10 pm

I think it's equally common in both honestly.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:14 am

LeVersacci wrote:
Imagine living in this garbage country

Such a solid and intelligent contribution to this discussion
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:14 pm

Florida school shooting: Casualties reported as suspect arrested

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43066226

Another one.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:22 pm

Seeing people say it's not a gun control problem but a mental one.

Same people are against healthcare.

The mental gymnastics are incredible. I have no idea why it's so hard to agree on this subject. I would think it would be important to protect children and teenagers from this mass murdering that could easily be prevented.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:35 pm

Freeza wrote:Seeing people say it's not a gun control problem but a mental one.

The mental gymnastics are incredible. I have no idea why it's so hard to agree on this subject. I would think it would be important to protect children and teenagers from this mass murdering that could easily be prevented.
I can fully understand peoples point on gun control after terrible things like this happen but if all guns were taken out of society and then people started mowing down kids outside of schools with trucks and cars what would be peoples solution to that problem. would everyone say take all the trucks and cars off the roads. anyway thoughts are with the kids and familys.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:37 pm

But guns when as you compared to cars are not the same thing when you look at them as a daily necessity, Unless you do for which I have no reply.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:44 pm

Unique wrote:

I can fully understand peoples point on gun control after terrible things like this happen but if all guns were taken out of society and then people started mowing down kids outside of schools with trucks and cars what would be peoples solution to that problem. would everyone say take all the trucks and cars off the roads. anyway thoughts are with the kids and familys.

You still have no idea what gun control is.

It's about keeping mentally unstable, suicidal, and misanthropic people away from weapons. It's not about eliminating all weapons from society.

But saying that, there needs to be a huge regulation of guns in America. It's like the nuclear arms race at this point, where the entire country has built up an arsenal that could kill everyone on earth over and over.

There's no need for there to be that many guns at all.

There's so many societal problems in USA that needs to be fixed and they're all intertwined in some way.

Health care, gun control, institutional racism, depression, poverty & inequality. When all these things exist at the same time then you get America.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:48 pm

Nishankly wrote:But guns when as you compared to cars are not the same thing when you look at them as a daily necessity, Unless you do for which I have no reply.
that is true. but that would mean people would over look kids getting killed with cars and trucks because they need them. so that's basically saying kids lifes have a price. its not the weapon in the hands that kill people its crazy mind of people that kill. yes I agree that a man with a gun can kill more people faster than he can with a car but taking away his weapons does not stop a mans desire to kill and that's what we should be looking at. we need to look at what makes people kill instead of the weapons they use to kill. its like people think if you take away guns people would stop killing.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Nishankly Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm

Unique wrote:
Nishankly wrote:But guns when as you compared to cars are not the same thing when you look at them as a daily necessity, Unless you do for which I have no reply.
that is true. but that would mean people would over look kids getting killed with cars and trucks because they need them. so that's basically saying kids lifes have a price. its not the weapon in the hands that kill people its crazy mind of people that kill. yes I agree that a man with a gun can kill more people faster than he can with a car but taking away his weapons does not stop a mans desire to kill and that's what we should be looking at. we need to look at what makes people kill instead of the weapons they use to kill. its like people think if you take away guns people would stop killing.

Agree to a good level but don't think its applicable here.
Nishankly
Nishankly
Spicy Curry

Back to top Go down

Post by Unique Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:51 pm

Freeza wrote:
Unique wrote:

You still have no idea what gun control is.

It's about keeping mentally unstable, suicidal, and misanthropic people away from weapons. It's not about eliminating all weapons from society.

But saying that, there needs to be a huge regulation of guns in America. It's like the nuclear arms race at this point, where the entire country has built up an arsenal that could kill everyone on earth over and over.

There's no need for there to be that many guns at all.

There's so many societal problems in USA that needs to be fixed and they're all intertwined in some way.

Health care, gun control, institutional racism, depression, poverty & inequality. When all these things exist at the same time then you get America.
the only way you could keep people like that away from guns would be to destroy every gun on earth. like ive said time after time the only people that would follow gun laws are the people that are no thret to others.
Unique
Unique
BOSS MAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 31 ... 40  Next