Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Imagine BvS, Civil War, Suicide Squad, and Apocalypse all being disappointments. Sad

Inb4 Doctor Strange best comicbook movie of the year.

McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 25 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 pm

Don't call me James wrote:Imagine BvS, Civil War, Suicide Squad, and Apocalypse all being disappointments. Sad

Inb4 Doctor Strange best comicbook movie of the year.

Dr. Strange is my favourite to become the best at the moment. Inb4 etc.

Gotta support my main man Mads. Dr. Strange was also my number 2 anticipated superhero movie I think. I really would love to see some magic and weird looking demons or whatever Derrickson could bring to this.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:50 am

Honestly I really really doubt that the film is as bad as its RT score suggests. Reading a hell lot of reviews I feel that a lot of them expected something really great and they felt it was just a popcorn flick. Its unbelievable it has a lower RT score than Daredevil and Origins Wolverine.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:41 am

m99 wrote:Honestly I really really doubt that the film is as bad as its RT score suggests.
This. RT is taking the piss
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 24, 2016 12:11 pm

imdb's rating (much more reliable imo) doesn't seem that bad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:21 pm

RealGunner wrote:imdb's rating (much more reliable imo) doesn't seem that bad

Only reliable once the movie has actualy come out, and been out for a few weeks. Can't wait to give my opinion later tonight.

In any case Snyder needs to go. His style will kill the entire DCEU because he's a way to specific filmmaker who lacks basic elements that doesn't bother some (including me). Critics have a lot to say in America I think, so I'm worried BvS doesn't cross that billion world wide.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:22 pm

Civil war will kill it. The Russos have it under control
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:48 pm

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 25 7Gqck2F

Pictured are Diana’s mother, Queen Hippolyta (Gladiator’s Connie Nielsen), and her two military aunts — General Antiope (Robin Wright) and Antiope’s lieutenant, Menalippe (Force Majeure’s Lisa Loven Kongsli).
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:51 pm

Fake or Purchased IMDB accounts are rating Batman Vs Superman 10/10
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:52 pm

ES wrote:Fake or Purchased IMDB accounts are rating Batman Vs Superman 10/10

I'm not fake. Doing it to manipulate people who care about it, so we can get other movies Laughing

But yeah generally this is a problem with imdb. It's easy to vote and give ratings to sway other people. Marketing companies probably all do this at the start to get the rating up.

This is why I don't use imdb as a rating system to decide what I want to watch. I decide from word of mouth from 2-3 reviewers I trust and my friends (you and real life). Using imdb, RT or metacritic to decide something never bodes well. And when you put your faith in an unknown entity as those you open them up to be manipulated by marketing agencies.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:04 pm

Oh lawd. This trailer rofl
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:07 pm

Not even hyped even though i'm watching it tonight smh

Spoiler:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:56 pm

Yeah, the negative reviews have hyped me down a lot, makes me want to not watch it tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:59 pm

Action scenes will be worth it

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:26 pm

Best comic movie ever fml

Soundtrack 11/10

Gonna dl it as soon as I get home ffs
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:28 pm

ffs Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:30 pm

This is weird. I get home from this one and I had a great time. But somehow I feel bad for actually liking it, because it means I'll have to defend some things about it so much. There's a lot of things it does right. There's also a lot of things it does wrong, a lot of things. And it's not even like it would be hard to fix, it would actually be really easy and not take any time.

Pros:

Batman: This Batman is the best we've ever had in my opinion. Affleck really nails everything. His rage, his going about taking criminals down etc. most of the time. There's a single thing about his character that could've been changed without much trouble.
Spoiler:

Superman: I really once again love how they portray his sadness of not fitting in with the world and his continued growth to becoming Superman.

Wonder Woman: I really love her character. She has very little dialogue. She delivers it great in the scene we've seen from her in the trailers. But she has some wooden dialogue. Think it'll improve once she gets a director who knows how to direct acting.

The fighting and visual stye: This is Snyder's elite skill. His fighting is great and visual style looks good but could use more color in daytime.

Score: The score is great. Particular "this is my world".

I really loved the last half and it even made my tear up.

Cons:

Lex Luthor: Lex is absolutely awful. Really hoped they would handle it better. It isn't because of the (Lex) character. If he was an original character it wouldn't be great either.

Editing and pacing: Editing really isn't good. It jumps all over the place and the pace just felt off because of it.

It was very bleak. And it needed some "light".

Zack Snyder really needs to go. He has done something that's hard to see my continue the DCEU (the Batman spoiler). I defended Man of Steel, but I can't defend that thing, it just seems lazy.

Overall I liked it though.

Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:31 pm

roflProud

I think i'll be singing a similar tune right after watching it tbh
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:16 am

@Freeza if you had to place this in a ranked list of recent comic book movies where would you place it? What movie is it better than and what movie is it worse than?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:20 am

M99 wrote:@Freeza if you had to place this in a ranked list of recent comic book movies where would you place it? What movie is it better than and what movie is it worse than?

how recent?

I'd say it's better than: IM 2 and 3, Thor 2 and Hulk from Marvel.
Better than all Fantastic Four Films.
Better than X3 and Wolverine Origins.
Better than: ASM2 and SM3

It's not great, but a good time. I have some huge problems with how it sets up and limits the DCEU. I really wish I ran WB.

I'd say there's a 60% chance Snyder won't direct JL.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:13 am

Lmfaooo

Just direct the JL movie yourself brah.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:24 am

Couldn't help myself, went to midnight premier

Best movie ever
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:46 am

M99 wrote:Lmfaooo

Just direct the JL movie yourself brah.

rofl

Affleck is a million times better director than Zack Snyder so I agree. Sad
McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:48 am

What the hell were the critics smoking. This was such a good movie. I just hope WB don't get hit by the bad reviews.

I LOVE both Henry as Superman and Ben as Batman, they are sooo good. People talk so much about Batman, but the Superman scenes in this movie were so powerful.

Eisenberg didn't bother me until the final scene.

Can't say I'm excited to see the other JL members though. I just want more of the trinity. Them 3 together were so glorious.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:54 am

Also, I think I'm the only one who liked Doomsday. He just looked freaky menacing and strong.
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:12 am

Critics expected this to be like a Marvel movie/avengers smh

Cause we really want more lame jokes, cringe forced love story and a non dark movie like the MCU movies smh.

The reviews for the movie is total bullshit.
The movie is atleast 8.5/10
11/10 if we're following my fanboyism

Only flaw was the pacing & editing lmao

Affleck killed it as Bruce & Batman. Gal Gadot was amazing aswell. (Her theme song in IMAX format :banderas:)
That pleb playing Superman was really good too and the only supe i've ever liked.

Lex I really enjoyed unlike you guys. Sometimes it could be a bit cringe seeing him acting like a poor man's Joker smh.

Doomsday was *bleep* amazing & the special effects in IMAX was just mindblowing.

*bleep* the reviewers for hating & giving it such a disgustinly low score.
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 32 ... 40  Next