Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by LeVersacci Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:12 am

Critics expected this to be like a Marvel movie/avengers smh

Cause we really want more lame jokes, cringe forced love story and a non dark movie like the MCU movies smh.

The reviews for the movie is total bullshit.
The movie is atleast 8.5/10
11/10 if we're following my fanboyism

Only flaw was the pacing & editing lmao

Affleck killed it as Bruce & Batman. Gal Gadot was amazing aswell. (Her theme song in IMAX format :banderas:)
That pleb playing Superman was really good too and the only supe i've ever liked.

Lex I really enjoyed unlike you guys. Sometimes it could be a bit cringe seeing him acting like a poor man's Joker smh.

Doomsday was *bleep* amazing & the special effects in IMAX was just mindblowing.

*bleep* the reviewers for hating & giving it such a disgustinly low score.

LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 26 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:17 pm

reassuring :bow:

can't wait.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:18 pm

Any after credit scene?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:19 pm

RealGunner wrote:Any after credit scene?

Yeah. But it's in the middle of the movie
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:21 pm

as in after mid credits or some sort of intermission?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:24 pm

Freeza wrote:

Which one you're taking about?

Spoiler:
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:25 pm

RealGunner wrote:as in after mid credits or some sort of intermission?
There aren't any after the movie ends.

Google it midway through the credits lol
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:27 pm

LeVersacci wrote:
Freeza wrote:

Which one you're taking about?

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 12:38 pm

RealGunner wrote:as in after mid credits or some sort of intermission?

No there's a scene in the movie that acts as an after credits scene and doesn't fit the story. Obvious studio meddling. Still loved it though.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 3:47 pm

LeVersacci wrote:Critics expected this to be like a Marvel movie/avengers smh

Cause we really want more lame jokes, cringe forced love story and a non dark movie like the MCU movies smh.

The reviews for the movie is total bullshit.
The movie is atleast 8.5/10
11/10 if we're following my fanboyism

Only flaw was the pacing & editing lmao

Affleck killed it as Bruce & Batman. Gal Gadot was amazing aswell. (Her theme song in IMAX format :banderas:)
That pleb playing Superman was really good too and the only supe i've ever liked.

Lex I really enjoyed unlike you guys. Sometimes it could be a bit cringe seeing him acting like a poor man's Joker smh.

Doomsday was *bleep* amazing & the special effects in IMAX was just mindblowing.

*bleep* the reviewers for hating & giving it such a disgustinly low score.

If this is true then that is a pretty big flaw lol

And really I did not expect this from GL, all the Marvel BS. Only a handful of reviewers compared it unfavorably to Marvel movies. Majority had problem with the plot, pacing, editing and some of the characters. Stop this fanboy war pls.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:00 pm

I don't think reviewers have an agenda. I just think Rotten Tomatoes is shit in general and a lot of their reviewers have a hard time experiencing their thoughts on movies. Some of it is really amateurish.

Metacritic gives a better better overall critic rating if you want to use a number. Because their system is formed to also include mixed reviews. Mixed on RT is the same as horrible. And if everyone thinks something is mediocre it will end up as a 0% on RT where as it's a 50/100 on metacritic.

But this fanboy war I can't stand. It's annoying to hear it compared to Marvel at all times. But god I hope they fire Snyder. Everything else look good so far.

I really hope they actually knew the movie was a problem a long time ago and decided to introduce the JL and improve those projects. Because if they haven't actually improved JL and wants to turn this into Transformers I'll be pissed. I've waited my entire life for these movies and Snyder, despite making MoS, should leave this universe and never come back. He can't make a theatrical cut and that shouldn't be allowed.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:06 pm

No IMAX theater in my hick fkcin town. Might just go to NYC just to see this Laughing

Also I rate this reviewer really high. Always very fair and intelligent.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:11 pm

If they drop Snyder they could just go the Fox route and don't care about continuity. Or use Flash and the speed force to retcon the timeline. I really feel Snyder knows these characters 90% but misses a crucial last 10%. I really hope they redeem it.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:26 pm

I can understand reviewers not liking it, but 30/100 on RT? That's just ridiculous. Then I read some of the reviews and in many points made in them I go like "bitch, what were you expecting?". "Too dark", "too violent". It just seems people rate this movie on potential or what they were expecting it to be and not for what it actually is. Hype, and like it or not, the Marvel style of superhero movies killed BvS ratings. i'm just glad that the fans are loving it.

I'm probably going to watch this movie again next week. Wanted to watch it in IMAX so bad.

One cameo really hit me today btw
Spoiler:

Also, from what I read it seems like Bruce will be the the one gathering the JL members on the next movie *fap*fap*fap*
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:00 pm

M99 wrote:No IMAX theater in my hick fkcin town. Might just go to NYC just to see this Laughing

Kermode is pretty trustworthy but the guy HATES Snyder...So idk how subjective his views are.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 pm

Cookie Monster wrote:
M99 wrote:No IMAX theater in my hick fkcin town. Might just go to NYC just to see this Laughing

Kermode is pretty trustworthy but the guy HATES Snyder...So idk how subjective his views are.

He addresses this in his review, he says he really does not hate Snyder and told people to check out his Man of Steel review if they could. Overall he sounded very fair and objective and does not let any bias get in the way of his analysis.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:12 pm

Overall, I really liked the movie. I thought it did a lot of things right. Batfleck was awesome. WW was cool. The cinematography, fight scenes, and overall mood were really good. I personally like Snyder's dark tone and am glad that they're taking it into a different direction from Marvel. As much as I enjoy many of Marvel's movies, I think a change of pace from Whedon's quippy one liners is more than welcome.

However, I can totally see why it's being hated on by critics. There isn't some bias blind hate against DC, critics are just more in tune to certain aspects of film-making that were definitely off in this movie. The editing was a little shotty at times and the pacing was definitely far from perfect. Things that may or may not be fixed in the 3 and half hour director's cut coming out in July....Same thing happened with the Watchmen. The theatrical release was flawed, and the extended cut was a huge improvement.

You have to take this movie at face value though. This is WB trying to kick start a cinematic universe in ONE movie. This took Marvel years to accomplish. So it definitely was a little overstuffed.

The movie was nowhere near as bad as RT suggests. Everyone I've talked to enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. Most importantly, it made me excited for future installments in the DCEU.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:16 pm

M99 wrote: He addresses this in his review, he says he really does not hate Snyder and told people to check out his Man of Steel review if they could. Overall he sounded very fair and objective and does not let any bias get in the way of his analysis.

I didn't actually watch his review before commenting lol, but he does normally give good reviews.

There are other highly regarded critics who did like the film and gave it good reviews though, so take that as you will.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:39 pm

The problem with it isn't that it was overstuffed. It was horrible editing and cross cutting between scenes. It was naming the villain Lex Luthor when he was The Riddler without a doubt. And having a Justice League end credit scene in the middle of a movie.

Affleck needs to make a power move and remove Snyder. Or he actually needs to have final cut on the JL film. Snyder can't cut a film for shit, that's no secret. I like Snyder and I can't say anything positive about his cutting of a film.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:46 pm

That has always been his main weakness as a director, I agree. I don't think there's any way of removing him completely from the DCEU. I do think WB would be wise to reconsider his role tho. He should take a step back, maybe be a producer with some control over the visuals and cinematography.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:55 pm

This film wasnt as bad as people are making it to be. Story was decent and acting was pretty good actually from 3 main actors (3rd one being Jesse Eisenberg ofcourse) And yes i Agree to the notion that Ben Affleck did an awesome job as Batman.

And theres this thing, because they added lot more shades of dark to batman superman looked dark in a way. So i liked that. And because Lex Luthor was so cool which we can expect with Eisenberg playing the role tbh, it too benefited superman more than anyone i felt.
One of the main problems with Man of Steel was that Zod was written in a lame way. Michael shannon is a GOAT but he somehow didnt look convincing to me in that role. Here they have rectified that part. Made the villain(s) pretty badass and interesting thereby elevating the overall quality of the movie.

That being said I still think its a very disappointing film in terms of all of its technical aspects apart from the CG which was good.
Direction and screenplay were pretty bad. Editing felt amateurish and the movie unnecessarily ran half an hour more.
Those tease scenes which i believe was for the upcoming Justice League movie was pretty cringeworthy and could have been avoided totally. And felt sad to see an actor like Laurence Fishbourne wasted in a really bad role of Perry.

Film looked a  poorly polished piece overall.
My Rating 7/10

And please no Zack Snyder anymore. They will have to replace him with someone who actually knows the art. Batman saved his ass this time.
I really want to see DC films doing well as I have a preference for them over Marvel. Batman is and always will be my man.  
But the 2 installments so far has been pretty ordinary.
If that much awaited Justice League film has to be epic then someone else will have to come at the helm.

EDIT: Been reading one or 2 comments here about Lex. I dont know how he is in the comics as i havent read comics sadly. So this is the 1st time i am seeing the character. And I felt honestly Eisenberg did justice in his own way to the role. That being said, i can understand the disappointments over his performance.
Can someone explain in which way Luthor is different here than in the books ?

Last edited by Glory on Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:07 pm

Glory wrote: One of the main problems with Man of Steel was that Zod was written in a lame way. Michael shannon is a GOAT but he somehow didnt look convincing to me in that role.

I blame the haircut.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:10 pm

Michael Shanon is such a great actor but all he did was shout at Man of Steel. A talented actor like him should have been written far better.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:23 pm

Exactly. There was huge potential which they blew away by shitty writing imo.
Right from the very moment they presented the character he looked like one of those that will always fall short whatever it manages to say or come up with. Underwhelming from start to finish.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by LeVersacci Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:33 pm

So we just gonna let...

Spoiler:

..Slide? hmm
LeVersacci
LeVersacci
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:38 pm

Seeing it right now. I'll come back with a few lines tomorrow
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next