Great Leader Sprucenuce
Freeza
M99
LeVersacci
RealGunner
28 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by M99 Tue Mar 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Yeah, my point is Twitter reviews before official release are almost always highly positive for all films, good ones and bad ones. Deadpool reviews were the same and it delivered. F4, Amazing Spiderman 2 etc did not deliver.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2 - Page 24 Empty Re: The Official Comicbook Movies Thread: Part 2

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:23 pm

Holy shit I'm tired of vocal people on the internet. People needs to stop abusing people for their opinions. It's okay to disagree, but try to make your case instead of straight up abuse. Twitter is toxic sometimes...
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:27 pm

I'm seeing the BvS trend but too afraid of spoilers to venture
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 pm

Could see them moving up the truck at the front lawn of George Miller's house with a shitload of money tbh. Or even Affleck. But they might be too far ahead now. Maybe after the first Justice League, since it already starts production next month.

I really just hope WB doesn't panic again. I kind of loved how they put all their chips in.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:10 am

Some of the critiques of the movies are straight up hilarious though rofl

https://twitter.com/JamesFishPrime/status/712420383475904512

Also from timeout.com

" There’s zero humour or self-deprecation, as there was in Joss Whedon’s pitch-perfect 'The Avengers'"

rofl Please. Being a reviewer must be the easiest single job in the entire world. Watching movies for a living and delivering so many bullshit views.

Everyone should've known what kind of movie this is. It's like going in to Schindler's List and complaining about the lack of humour.

Last edited by Freeza on Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:14 am

I've seen review saying CG on Doomsday is terrible. Disappointing, he looked bad on the trailer but I was hoping that was due to the fact that the movie was still unfinished.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:15 am

M99 wrote:I've seen review saying CG on Doomsday is terrible. Disappointing, he looked bad on the trailer but I was hoping that was due to the fact that the movie was still unfinished.

I thought he looked amazing in the trailer. Wasn't a huge fan of the design, but the execution looked great.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:23 am

Ezra Miller seems to have bulked up a lot from his skinny look in his earlier works. He also looks more like a man
Spoiler:

Still looking forward to Justice League though. Terrio said it was more uplifting. So I hope something changes, because reviews like this killed Spider-Man.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:12 pm

What I feared.

Chris Stuckmann wrote:If you have seen that one trailer, you know the one I'm talking about, you really have seen the entire movie.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:43 pm

And thats why i avoid trailers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 7:46 pm

Second year in a row I've jinxed the Superhero movie I expected most of to get horrid reviews hmm

Guardians 2 next, pls no Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:02 pm

Mate was texting me throughout work today about the storming negative reviews.

Tbh I couldn't give two shits about any of those negative reviews. Because most are indirectly trying to compare it to Avengers. Most film critics love their films with a lot of awkward superhero banter, romance, dad jokes and cringe worthy dialogues which appeases female fanbase and tumblr community.

Just looked at some of the RT reviews

"Filled with scenes of gloomy characters confronting their demons or wrestling with insipid moral quandaries, this joyless slog isn't a superhero film so much as it is an excruciating therapy session with huge explosions and guys in capes."

"Snyder's movie presents extremist versions of familiar characters in a tonal mishmash that indulges in more thunderous conflict than it can wrestle into coherence."

"From its superfluous opening ... to its clichéd final scene, "BvS" fails to ignite an emotional response - except, perhaps, dissatisfaction. It is unrelentingly grim and oppressive, sucking all the air out of the theater."

"All so vapidly grand and so serious and so, so dull."

"Somebody stop Zack Snyder. Somebody save the world."

Common theme in all of them. Snyder haters. Went into the movie with their minds made up to fail it. Expected Batman to pull out one liners with Superman laughing at them while Wonder Woman tries to seduce Aquaman or something.

BvS has never given the intentions of being anything but Watchmen-esque film. No idea why Critics expected something else. I mean I don't even rate watchmen as a top film but at least I won't expect BvS to be anything like Avengers
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:13 pm

I'm sorry but this is BS. Sure there are a lot of shit reviewers but you are cherry picking quotes from there. A lot of critics made a lot of fair criticism on the film and they did not walk in determined to hate the film. I really really want to love this movie, you remember my reaction after the Comic Con trailer. Chris Stuckmann's review is a bit spoilerish but I listened to it and he says a lot of stuff I feared. He praises the action, Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck. However the film is said to have a disjointed narrative, shoehorning JL members and plotlines, and almost feels like two different movies combined. No Avengers fanboyism (he is actually a huge Superman fan), rather he criticized Avengers 2 and compares the Thor storyline to one of the elements on the film He suspects studio involvement like F4 but I doubt that. I said this before on how setting up JL on the second movie on the DC universe can be detrimental.

M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:19 pm

Nah won't watch that till after watching the film.

I didn't say all the reviews are the same but generally most negative reviews follow the same theme. It's not just on RT but over twitter as well. Most people want to compare it to Avengers. Avengers is universally loved. Snyder is hugely disliked. Even before these reviews people wanted to find a way to dislike it.

I am not going to form any opinion before watching it. I posted the good reviews and the bad reviews. I don't trust either of them. But I highly doubt it's as bad as people are saying it is.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:20 pm

Always said X-Men: Apocalypse will be the best comicbook film of the year and sticking to it
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:23 pm

I'm going to cry if I don't get my Flash film tbh.

No matter if I love the film tomorrow. Keeping Snyder on is gonna hurt box office long term. Critics hate him and his style. But I don't think that's unfair, and it's probably a reflection on how the general public would react to his films.

His films are not for everyone, they've never been. In my opinion he ought to do something smaller. He's great visually, one of the best. But he needs to learn some subtlety and improve his storytelling through editing and not only visually.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:24 pm

Should have asked Jonathan Nolan to write it for him

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:27 pm

RealGunner wrote:Should have asked Jonathan Nolan to write it for him

The Nolans must've been asked before Snyder even. Them and Affleck are the top dogs for WB atm it seems. I can't see Affleck not pulling a move to improve this situation.
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:32 pm

I don't think Nolans will ever do comic book films again. TDK worked because they didn't even pretend to base it on comic books and rather it was just an interpretation. DCU can't be built based on TDK. It has to be completely separate and different.

Hope Affleck writes Batman Solo film and has full control over it so we can see the difference between that and other DCU films.

Still positive that all the remaining DCU films will go ahead. BvS will smash box office.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 pm

Just give George Miller and boatload of money pls.

Also somewhere jibers is smugly smiling Laughing
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:35 pm

George Miller should definitely do a JL movie.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:37 pm

M99 wrote:Just give George Miller and boatload of money pls.

Also somewhere jibers is smugly smiling Laughing

The truckload of money is backing up his front lawn as we speak tbh.

He hasn't given a good review in years has he? Laughing

I miss Jibers Sad
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:45 pm

He loved The Revenant.

He will be back when Mou comes in I hope.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:48 pm

I remember his reasoning for not watching Force Awakens Proud

Not Canon Proud
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:50 pm

Also on Miller, it needs to be really good money or something else to persuade him. He said that directing Mad Max for months in the dreadful heat of the Nambian desert took its toll on him. He wants to do a small scale film next and Mad Max: The Wasteland after it.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by McAgger Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:54 pm

Imagine BvS, Civil War, Suicide Squad, and Apocalypse all being disappointments. Sad

Inb4 Doctor Strange best comicbook movie of the year.

McAgger
McAgger
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Reggina

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next