Jay29
MJ
Vlad the Impaler
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Sri
45 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:58 pm

I now see why you haven't won the league since Henry left :coffee:

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Alright, we've got one down for movement, one for finishing.

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 Giphy

Anyone want to add to the list for the Welborg super player we're building?

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 10 CIBDS7mUcAAwtLp
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:24 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I now see why you haven't won the league since Henry left :coffee:

Welcome to the Arsenal world, the truth hurts. Sad

There is still some hope Wenger will do something.

Wenger: “I don't know Santi Cazorla?"
Wenger: "No truth in Arteta links"
Wenger: “Akpom is staying"
Wenger: "RVP staying"
Wenger: Cesc not leaving"

Never trust anything Wenger says.

Santi Cazorla: “Karim Benzema is a great player. Everyone would like to have him on their team"
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Aug 04, 2015 8:59 pm

srigooner wrote:Welbeck >>>>>>>>>>

Internal solution >>>>>>>>>>>>

He just needs to work on his finishing

He wasn't good enough for other top clubs, why should he be given more time for Arsenal, if the club is a top club? Welbeck is routinely over-rated by the fanbase. If he wasn't english the fans would see his play for what it is, mediocre and mid-table at best.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Artilleristen wrote:

He wasn't good enough for other top clubs, why should he be given more time for Arsenal, if the club is a top club? Welbeck is routinely over-rated by the fanbase. If he wasn't english the fans would see his play for what it is, mediocre and mid-table at best.

Actually it's the other way around, people underrate him because he is English. Anyone else with Welbeck's technique on the ball/close control and link-up play would atleast be respected as a footballer if not admired but he is English and therefore a one-trick pony/overrated/kick and rush kind of player.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:18 pm

So wait, the consensus here is that Welbeck is better than Lacazette? Laughing

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:I now see why you haven't won the league since Henry left :coffee:
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Aug 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Also, did you really just write the words 'Welbeck' and 'close control' in the same sentence Laughing
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:24 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

Actually it's the other way around, people underrate him because he is English. Anyone else with Welbeck's technique on the ball/close control and link-up play would atleast be respected as a footballer if not admired but he is English and therefore a one-trick pony/overrated/kick and rush kind of player.

Is this a joke? Are you serious? Gervinho was always more likely to score than Welbeck was. Welbeck is overrated, his only plus is that he has pace.
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:30 pm

Apart from pace, his link-up play is amazing, great movement off the ball, intelligent, very secure in possession - needs to improve finishing with his left foot and stop worrying about goals, they will naturally come for him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:03 am

Welbeck is underrated because he is routinely injured and not unlike Ox, hardly sustains a period of both fitness and form. To add to that, he has always been shifted to wider roles due to his work rate and the fact that much better/established striking options played down the middle in the team he was a part of.

Now that I have typed that for the 234586289th time. He was sold because LVG had Rooney, RvP and Falcao - good luck getting playing time with that. Need I remind you how many United players and fans felt sad to see him go? Not only because he was one of their own and joining a rival, but also because they appreciated his contribution and potential.

I wonder when the fickle fans of this day and age will re-learn to appreciate what they have, instead of chasing unicorns farting 4-D rainbows all the time.

And Hans - read the previous posts. There was no 'consensus' or the requirement for one.
My first question was, is Lacazette really an upgrade.
Great Leader felt that he fills the profile between Theo and Giroud, and wouldn't really be a case of upgrading someone.
I responded that Welbeck already filled that role, which means he should then be an upgrade to Welbeck if we are indeed looking to purchase him - because we are only in the market for top, top, top players who will add to us and content with our options and all that.

And having just purchased him a year back, and in a year where he did get limited opportunities thanks to very similar factors as earlier, I don't see why it is such a hard decision to persist with him rather than spend 40m or so on Lacazette.

The only real upgrade I see is if we go for Lewandowski or for Benzema - rather keep that 60-70m for that. Neither is available (yet) anyway.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Arsenalfaithfull Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:11 pm

Having watched the team perform against Chelsea, I for one think we are more than capable of winning the silverware. I have never seen such defensive cohesiveness from any of Wenger's previous teams (I have been a supporter since late 90s).

What I like about this squad is that there isnt much of a drop is quality between the starting 11 and the bench. When was the last time we could have said the same thing? I am very confident about this upcoming season.

Now with that said, I would not mind having a Benzema or a Lewandowski eco smile
Arsenalfaithfull
Arsenalfaithfull
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:21 pm

Real Madrid could allow Karim Benzema to sign for Arsenal if Arsenal Wenger's side offer club record £45m fee for striker

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3186021/Real-Madrid-allow-Karim-Benzema-sign-Arsenal-Arsenal-Wenger-s-offer-club-record-45m-fee-striker.html

Should be done before 3rd September. But it will be quite late

45m is a steal though
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:23 pm

This one will hang around until deadline day, just to keep our hopes a bit, before inevitably resulting in nothing.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:56 pm

Daily Mail *sigh*

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 06, 2015 12:16 pm

Graham Hunter tells TalkSport that Real Madrid are €500m in debt and could greatly use the money from Benzema's sale but unless he tells them he wants to leave for Arsenal, it won't happen.

http://talksport.com/football/real-madrid-will-sell-karim-benzema-arsenal-if-he-asks-leave-spanish-football-expert-tells
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Amar Thu Aug 06, 2015 2:07 pm

I highly doubt that Madrid are in such financial shape that they would have to sell their star striker. I don't know too much of Madrid's finances, but considering how much revenue they bring in, this debt they're speaking of seems to be healthy debt and not detrimental liabilities to the future of the club.

Calling BS on this.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:04 pm

+1 Amar

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:09 pm

From my understanding it's not like they're at death's door and calling for a fire sale but rather their huge debt has been an issue for a while due, in part, to their recent mega spending and it is a worry for the long term so selling Benzema could help them on that front and cover most of their bank debts if the fee we're reportedly willing to offer is accurate.

And this is all if he himself asked to leave. So, even with what Hunter said there's multiple barriers to the deal being possible in the first place. I think it'll just come down to whether RM decide to reduce his role through a tactical change and/or make a big marquee signing to compete with him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:12 pm

Madrid's debt is about as meaningless as Barca's because their income vastly outweighs their debt every single year Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:26 pm

If the debt were a problem, they'd just be taking those 150m€ from Utd for Bale rofl
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:38 pm

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Madrid's debt is about as meaningless as Barca's because their income vastly outweighs their debt every single year Laughing

So you saying we can get him for cheaper price?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Here's a thought: If Mesut and DMzema can be as thick buddies, then we can rid ourselves of Flamini and still keep Özil happy. And solve the Coquelin back up issue.

All with one transfer. hmm

Spoiler:

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:06 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:Madrid's debt is about as meaningless as Barca's because their income vastly outweighs their debt every single year Laughing

So you saying we can get him for cheaper price?

Yes, No and maybe hmm
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:08 pm

Last problem Madrid will ever have is about money Laughing

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:11 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:So you saying we can get him for cheaper price?

How did you come to that conclusion? hmm

They don't have money problems but that's no reason to sell for cheap
Myesyats
Myesyats
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:18 pm

linetty wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:So you saying we can get him for cheaper price?

How did you come to that conclusion? hmm

They don't have money problems but that's no reason to sell for cheap

I was just joking with Mole, did you read his replay?
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next