EL Patron
RedMamba
RealGunner
Raptorgunner
Jay29
51 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 pm

If by spending £42mil on a legit world class player you elevate to another level in the transfer market, then it's not a waste of £42mil. That's what it means.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:23 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:The worst thing about our striker situation is Sanogo who cant even stay healthy. Its shocking Wenger is getting away with this, we have the money go and spend on a better back up.

What about everyone's favourite Joel campbell hmm

Does Joel still at Arsenal? how can wc players like Giroud and Sanogo who are not match fit play ahead of him?There only explanation would be Sanogo had a better world cup than Joel.  Laughing

Sanogo has come from the 2nd division French league and has done almost nothing to become our 2nd choice striker. The man is always injured, and the funny this he started against some of the biggest clubs in the world. Shocked

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread Empty Re: The Official Winter Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:26 pm

Would start Joel upfront against Besiktas. He has played there before for Lorient, Betis and Costa Rica.

Or Akpom.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm

so spending 42M on say thiago silva who is 'more legit than ozil world class player', would that be wise use of precious and limited resources while the team carries giroud and arteta, or any world class player will do?
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:31 pm

I understand Wenger likes to give players chance after chance but not at the expense of the club success. Wenger expects miracles from Girould and Sanogo which actually just adds more pressure on them than giving them confidence.

We have the money just bring in a quality striker, is embarrassing Wenger cant see how bad our strike force really is. the funny thing Wenger is saying we have so much firepower, and is trying to sell Podolski. The best finisher he has ever seen. rofl rofl

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm

Still think Arsene persevere with Yaya and Sanchez upfront, i think he wants Campbell to be eased into the team.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:37 pm

EL Patron wrote:Still think Arsene persevere with Yaya and Sanchez upfront, i think he wants Campbell to be eased into the team.

I hope you are right. There is no reason why Jeol should not be starting next game.
There is no way Yaya should walk in to starting line up after being injured.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:40 pm

I have a funny feeling Wenger will get Kalou on a loan and brim back Kim Kalstrom. banana
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:45 pm

Ryo with his Unreal pace can be converted to CF banana
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:46 pm

I've groaned about the Kalou rumors that pop up from time to time, just like everyone else. And I doubt he'll ever end up in an Arsenal shirt. But to be fair to the guy, he seems to have done all right for himself the last two seasons at Lille.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:50 pm

Let's get a £36.5 million bid going for, like, Jordan Rhodes or Connor Wickham. #Ambition
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedMamba Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:52 pm

There is no one worth getting this season, we'll find it difficult to dump him next year. a loan might be our best option, otherwise better to stick with current crop and get a DM instead.
RedMamba
RedMamba
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Berahino for 15m :coffee:
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:53 pm

Please not another CF from the French league unless it is Falcao or Cavaini.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:05 am

Firmino hmm
not a proper CF but can be like when RVP first started playing there

will try welbeck on deadline day anyways
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:10 am

We have enough "could play CF" type players already. It really needs to be a proper CF.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 am

Cheeky bid for Fifa legend Doumbia

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:17 am

i meant as a project cause i dont believe any of those (Theo/Sanchez/Campbell) are plausible options to rely on consistently for CF
might start a project if you cant get ready made one
Gamble in any case
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:18 am

So gutted about Giroud. I wonder if Juve will give us Llorente for Poldi.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:41 am

RealGunner wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:I'm pretty sure we are lining someone big up

bounce

Told you all that weeks ago mate

Expect Cavani/Falcao/Reus in a week. Along with Carvalho/Pogba.

Peccadillo wrote:
I am confident we will make another big signing before the window closes, it really feels like Wenger wants blood this season. It'll probably be a last minute thing and come after the second leg Besiktas game and of course providing we qualify.

Lisbon apparently willing to take 24.5m for Carvalho btw;
http://metro.co.uk/2014/08/25/arsenal-could-move-again-for-william-carvalho-as-sporting-lisbon-reduce-demands-4844886/

What would people prefer (strictly theory of course)

Carvalho + Remy OR
Cavani
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 am

G. Rossi, M. Klose, Gomez, Kieslling ( lol scout for Bender), legendary Bony, Eto pick your poison, stop gap solution ftw
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:50 am

I don't think it would come down to it as we have plenty of cash and more if we sell Poldi and qualify for CL

But I'd go with Carvalho and Remy. Depth in two key areas, one that hasn't been addressed in like 5 years too.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:52 am

Rossi's injury record is scary, Klose would only work as a loan deal and even then, he's aging.

Gomez isn't fully back yet. Kiessling has a good mean streak but Idk if they'd let him go on loan.

Bony was too expensive for Liverpool, doubt we'd have fun negotiating for him.

Eto'o I guess wouldn't be an awful one year signing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:50 am

Heh that's more like a joke from me Smile you know either old, over the hill, injury prone or overpriced. Always bad idea to go for striker this late in window, stop gap solution is never good, case in point Park.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:08 am

Even a striker on loan is good enough for me, as long as he is not injured.

I hope its not too much to ask from Wenger. Sad
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next