RedOranje
Arsenal4Eternity_dennab
MJ
urbaNRoots
VendettaRed07
49 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by boyzis Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:46 pm

MJGunner wrote:Gustavo had a decent game. 96% passing, 5 interceptions, 60% aerial duels, 4 clearances.

http://world-cup-2014.squawka.com/brazil-vs-croatia/12-06-2014/world-cup/matches

He is a player I like v much. I would prefer someone like khedira instead.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by MJ Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:56 pm

Great couple of days for us Laughing

But I won't be bothered if we spend right on ourselves. Knew Sagna was going to City for months, Fabregas for weeks. And I'm not calling him Cesc anymore. It's Fabregas.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:09 pm

Yeah, we knew Sagna was going to City for a while now. I'm not even disappointed about it. City are the Champions, they're a great side, with two of his French team mates, and he'll get good wages (£150k p/w apparently); it's not a hard decision, really. And it's not like he's forced his way out of the club, either. He's seen out of his contract and has moved on. It happens.

I think Walcott now has the most Arsenal appearances out of everybody in the squad.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:11 pm

Thank you Sagna for 7 years of top performances and commitment.

I wonder if we'll get linked with more RB's now if Aurier isn't coming.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:21 pm

Aurier is coming.. if he doesn't, i may send Wenger some hate mail lol.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 13, 2014 3:38 pm

Wont be surprised if Sagna will play mainly CB next season, apart from Kompany, he's more solid than the rest of City CB, and Zaba got that wing locked.

Also the highest level of deception when Bellerin and Jenkinson rotating RB spot next year Smile
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by El Gunner Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:27 pm

MJGunner wrote:Great couple of days for us Laughing

But I won't be bothered if we spend right on ourselves. Knew Sagna was going to City for months, Fabregas for weeks. And I'm not calling him Cesc anymore. It's Fabregas.
You know!
El Gunner
El Gunner
An Oakland City Warrior

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:00 pm

Never knew fans were so emotionally attached to Fabregas Laughing 

its a bit weird considering he never really won much when he was here. People are hurt about his move to Chelski as if it didn't hurt when he deserted us to go back to his so called boyhood club. Signing him would have never really made much of a difference, as if Cesc is going to stop us from getting smashed 6 against top team. Better spend that cash on position we actually need  
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:41 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:
1991 wrote:Because ''No deals could be done before the World Cup''- Wenger & his parrots  Laughing 

I can’t tell if hes a masterstroke genius, or just purely self-absorbed in his own little World. :whistle: 

Self-absorbed in his own little world.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm

He carried us for a couple of seasons, almost took us to our first CL trophy in '06. I think most of us would take Fabregas over Wilshere + Cazorla.. Many have an affinity toward Wilshere because he is English and loves Arsenal but objectively speaking we would be better off with Fabregas than either of those two.

Wish he never left tbh. Would have bettered all parties involved.

Agree however that regardless of him being a better player than both Santi and Wilshere, it would be hard to fit him in with both Ozil and Ramsey in the squad.

I think you are quick to forget just how good he was for us in the few seasons before he left.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 6unner Fri Jun 13, 2014 6:48 pm

EL Patron wrote:Never knew fans were so emotionally attached to Fabregas Laughing 

its a bit weird considering he never really won much when he was here. People are hurt about his move to Chelski as if it didn't hurt when he deserted us to go back to his so called boyhood club. Signing him would have never really made much of a difference, as if Cesc is going to stop us from getting smashed 6 against top team. Better spend that cash on position we actually need  

I don't understand why some fans are so emotionally attached to Wenger. He refused for years to play a top squad for the cups electing to play reserves most of the time. While acting like they are not worth competing for. Then has put together teams lacking the players needed to win the league or CL.

6unner
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:09 pm

6unner wrote:
EL Patron wrote:Never knew fans were so emotionally attached to Fabregas Laughing 

I don't understand why some fans are so emotionally attached to Wenger. He refused for years to play a top squad for the cups electing to play reserves most of the time. While acting like they are not worth competing for. Then has put together teams lacking the players needed to win the league or CL.

:facepalm: 
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:16 pm

He also won three league titles, one of which after an unbeaten season, beat a record that stood for nearly a 100 years; has won 5 FA Cup, taking the club's total up to the joint highest in the country; took the club to its first Champions League final, has brought a number of high quality players to the club and helped oversee a stadium change.

Emotional attachment to Wenger is a mystery.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:17 pm

Peccadillo wrote:He carried us for a couple of seasons, almost took us to our first CL trophy in '06. I think most of us would take Fabregas over Wilshere + Cazorla.. Many have an affinity toward Wilshere because he is English and loves Arsenal but objectively speaking we would be better off with Fabregas than either of those two.

Agree however that regardless of him being a better player than both Santi and Wilshere, it would be hard to fit him in with both Ozil and Ramsey in the squad.

I think you are quick to forget just how good he was for us in the few seasons before he left.

He was good but we have lost better players who were far more influential than him. Also remember when he was here, the team was set up to get the best out of him and Judas which is why he was good. he went to Barca there and was average to be honest. We suffered because defensively because Cesc can't defend, he is at his best when he is given a free role to play attacking mid.

Like you mention, Ozil and Ramsey both occupy Cesc's position so where are we going to play him. at Barcelona he was already unhappy with the amount of game time he was getting so its not like he was going to be happy with a squad role here.

Cesc maybe be better than Santi and Jack, but they can play wide while Cesc struggle there.
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:37 pm

EL Patron wrote:
Peccadillo wrote:He carried us for a couple of seasons, almost took us to our first CL trophy in '06. I think most of us would take Fabregas over Wilshere + Cazorla.. Many have an affinity toward Wilshere because he is English and loves Arsenal but objectively speaking we would be better off with Fabregas than either of those two.

He was good but we have lost better players who were far more influential than him. Also remember when he was here, the team was set up to get the best out of him and Judas which is why he was good. he went to Barca there and was average to be honest. We suffered because defensively because Cesc can't defend, he is at his best when he is given a free role to play attacking mid.

Like you mention, Ozil and Ramsey both occupy Cesc's position so where are we going to play him. at Barcelona he was already unhappy with the amount of game time he was getting so its not like he was going to be happy with a squad role here.

Cesc maybe be better than Santi and Jack, but they can play wide while Cesc struggle there.

He is not a defensive player but he is capable, he is the type of player who could become a great regista in his later years.

He sat deeper than many acknowledge in his earlier days with us and did so with great effect, threading inch perfect through balls from deep positions and controlling the midfield.

Anyway I respectfully disagree. I would say he, and disgrace RVP, are the two most influential players we have lost in the past decade.

He wasnt our best player because the team was built around him, the team was built around him BECAUSE he was our best player. He went to barca and under-performed because he was surrounded by one of, if not THE best team in the history of football, and falling short when competing with Xavi and Iniesta is hardly shameful. I feel like that has skewed peoples perception of him majorly.

He left for Barca prematurely imo, he was naive to think he could cement a place in their starting line-up. Its a shame really. In hindsight I am sure he would have preferred to have stayed at Arsenal up until now and for another season to overthrow Xavi as he neared retirement. He would have continued to tear up the PL and improve, then moved to his "home" Barca where he probably would have stayed for the duration of his career. But hey hindsight is a wonderful thing and Darren Dein is a conniving twat.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Fabregas is not an Arsenal player, I dont even care he went to Chelsea. At the end of the day he turned us down when we needed him and now we have done the same...Anyways, he ruined his career the day he left Arsenal.

Wenger better do something soon because two months before season starts and we’re already behind AGAIN in terms of squad depth. Now that I think about, we’ve been behind for years.. Now we are just further behind. Laughing 

Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Whenever you visit the Emirates, you'll be sitting in a Colosseum of Wenger's vindication. Just remember that.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:54 pm

It will be funny to see Mou have him ride the bench.

I don't see how if Mata wasn't Mourinho's type of player how Cesc would be.
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:17 pm

MJGunner wrote:Whenever you visit the Emirates, you'll be sitting in a Colosseum of Wenger's vindication. Just remember that.

+1..
I'm 26.. I barely remember Arsenal pre-Wenger but do remember his appointment. Too few fans recognise that without Wenger NO-ONE would think 4th place is "not good enough".

I suspect a lot of "post 2000 fans" don't understand that we can only call ourselves a truly massive club because of him. How it disgusts me when "fans" make comments like that against our greatest legend I cannot begin to express.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 1991 Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:20 pm

'We have Ozil and Ramsey', sure, but we won't be signing the players we need anyway.

If we were to buy a Falcao Or Costa most fans wouldn't care about Cesc, the fact that we will be signing Remy & some other mediocre player is what makes this transfer hard to swallow.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:44 pm

I hope Wenger taking his notes of that Holland team, some interesting players worth to keep track
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:53 pm

Err Peccadillo, that kinda put down George Graham achievement, apart from his last year when Tony was deep in trouble, he regularly got us up there. Obviously Wenger is the best but for me, the gritty 1-0 George was the one got me fall in love with the team in the 1st place. There is always split of fans, even back then as long as criticism is valid, that's being said, those words were too much.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:02 pm

Twoism wrote:I hope Wenger taking his notes of that Holland team, some interesting players worth to keep track

Daley Blind, we can add him to our "defensive midfielder" list.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:07 pm

Yeah he's solid and crap i'm old, I used to watch his dad >.<
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:09 pm

indeed he is little bit like Lahm fullback and DM
GREAT Assists as well
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:09 pm

Sam said on Twitter that Wenger was impressed with Blind as he commentated saying he "really likes him".

This guy plays everywhere. Dutch player of the year and his assist to RIP was magnificent. Really like him.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next