Glory
Hapless_Hans
Busby Babe
RED
Firenze
15 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I purposely wrote 'targeting', so no one gets the wrong end of the stick. Also, the English media is saying Van Gaal, but I thought Bild might be a bit more credible, than say, the Daily Mail.

Bild is the German Sun, however in transfer stuff they are usually a little more factual if they 'report' own stories. I didn't see the Bild article referenced though and couldn't find it online, the link you quote links to another site quoting bild...

Of course you will and should try to get Klopp in case Moyes get's fired, but I think it's unlikely he'll leave Dortmund now.
He WILL think hard about the Utd job, no question, any coach would, but I just can't see him jumping ship at Dortmund.

Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:48 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:I purposely wrote 'targeting', so no one gets the wrong end of the stick. Also, the English media is saying Van Gaal, but I thought Bild might be a bit more credible, than say, the Daily Mail.

Bild is the German Sun, however in transfer stuff they are usually a little more factual if they 'report' own stories. I didn't see the Bild article referenced though and couldn't find it online, the link you quote links to another site quoting bild...

Of course you will and should try to get Klopp in case Moyes get's fired, but I think it's unlikely he'll leave Dortmund now.
He WILL think hard about the Utd job, no question, any coach would, but I just can't see him jumping ship at Dortmund.

I didn't check Bild, because I don't speak German but I'll definitely take your work for it. Yeah, I think Klopp is unlikely, but it is not so unlikely like Kroos coming to Man Utd  Wink I personally think there is not really an obvious choice, I hope we don't overlook other mid table managers because Moyes was such a bad experience. There's been a lot of managers who have been able to make the step up. I hope we also don't overlook more short-term options like Van Gaal, just because they are not going to stay here 26 years.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:04 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:
First let the sack be done, let them report stories related to that right.  :coffee:

Don't worry we'll sack him, the stories on that have already started :coffee:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:26 pm

I'm not saying you shouldn't try Klopp, who knows if migh fancy it, Kroos, also who knows..

Poor Moysie... Sad 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:14 am

Moysie is the luckiest manager in the world. We're in relegation form Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:42 am

Klopp is not coming. Mark Ogden has confirmed, and he's been right about everything thus far.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:45 am

Jürgen Klopp "Man Utd is a great club and I feel very familiar with their wonderful fans. But my commitment to Borussia Dortmund and the people is not breakable."

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/apr/22/jurgen-klopp-job-manchester-united-moyes-borussia-dortmund?CMP=twt_gu

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:51 am

Hopefully we get van Gaal. He doesn't take BS and will bench Rooney. Turned Alaba into a LB, turned Basti into a cm. Smart man and will bring back our positional play. If Klopp turned down Barcelona, wtf would he come to a team with worse players and a worse youth academy? Let's use common sense here guys...
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:56 am

Actually it would make more sense to join us than Barca, they have a shit board and can't buy players. He could sell Rooney and RvP and we wouldn't say anything against him. Bench Messi and there would be riots.

Anyway, Van Gaal is a good option, but when we need to know when to get rid can't let him stay for too long or results wise it will be as bad as Moyes.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:57 am

Busby Babe wrote:Actually it would make more sense to join us than Barca, they have a shit board and can't buy players. He could sell Rooney and RvP and we wouldn't say anything against him. Bench Messi and there would be riots.

Anyway, Van Gaal is a good option, but when we need to know when to get rid can't let him stay for too long or results wise it will be as bad as Moyes.
either way we've got no chance. BVB have better players and he is the boss there. hes already ruled himself out
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:02 am

Van Gaal is a genius tbh, it's Van gaal the man that is a worry. He'll have full control here though, so it might be different from his past clubs.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:06 am

Bergkamp on Van Gaal

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:21 am

This Rooney dilemma is the most hurting and serious of all the several unrepairable damages the prick has inflicted on the club.

A 5 year contract and a 300k salary and then we look at his recent performances. :facepalm:

He shouldnt be anywhere near the team if he continues delivering sh!t. So for that alone, I mean to show him the door and to lambaste him whenever needed we need someone like LVG.
whereas someone like a Pochettino or a Martinez in that case simply wont be able to do that as they are quite young and inexperienced. We need a hard taskmaster for the rooney scenario alone. The irrtiating cnut cant forever dictate and do whatever he want and make the club dance to his tunes. The very sight of rooney sickens me nowadays.  Mad 

So if not Klopp or Simeone, it has to be the Dutchman.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:22 am

Van Gaal will probably bench Rooney. He prefers Van Persie and I don't think he will play 2 up top
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:27 am

Giggs statement says he'll take charge until 'new manager is appointed' rather than 'end of the season'. Interesting wording.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:40 am

Busby Babe wrote:Van Gaal will probably bench Rooney. He prefers Van Persie and I don't think he will play 2 up top

yep.  Twisted Evil 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:43 am

Busby Babe wrote:Giggs statement says he'll take charge until 'new manager is appointed' rather than 'end of the season'. Interesting wording.

yea but we will make the appointment at the end of the season I reckon. So basically the same  hmm 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:48 am

Our record signing is Mata and we want to go after Mourinho Laughing Won't happen anyway

Di Marzio wrote:Tonight will be special for Mourinho since he will be in Madrid to face Atletico in the Champions League semifinal. Mou versus Simeone will be entertaining. There is a strong bond between Mou and Chelsea but it’s being tested once again, but not by Inter this time. Manchester United is in fact considering Mourinho for next season. And it isn’t the first time. His name has been linked to that job in the past, ever since the hunt to find Ferguson’s replacement started. And Mourinho has never hid his desire to one day coach United. Now in Manchester is the time to make contacts to find the replacement for Moyes who was sacked this morning, Giggs will replace him until the end of the season. And after that? The priority appears to be Jose’, the inquiries with Jorge Mendes, who is more than agent for him, have begun. Then there are Klopp and Van Gaal, the German would like to accept but starting in 2015, while the Dutch could start right away. The last candidate, after Klopp and Van Gaal, is Ancelotti, who also had been considered for life after Ferguson. While we wait to find the identity of the right replacement for Sir Alex, let’s enjoy Mourinho versus the Cholo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:46 am

What do you all think of Giggs as interim?
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:58 am

M99 wrote:What do you all think of Giggs as interim?

He should do well for the remainder of the season. Steady the ship, boost the players moral who all respect him. And it should give him valuable experience and confidence should he wish to persue a career in management.

A good choice.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:22 pm

Put the English subs on  pirat 

Spoiler:
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:37 pm

Now you know where my avatar's from  eco smile 
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:43 pm

Diego Simeone has the drive and personality required to be a United manager ... He has a lot in common with Sir Alex also , like fergie did in Scotland breaking the Rangers / Celtic domination , he has managed to break the stranglehold Barca and Real have had in Spain .. quite an achievement with Athletico ... He also won two league titles in Argentina with two different teams .. He appears to have everything it takes to be Manager of Manchester United .
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by iftikhar Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:48 pm

I think your next (aside the one managing the remaining games) managers would be short-term 1-2 years and would be someone old. Later on someone younger would join on more long-term (3-5 years) basis.

I think Klopp, Martinez, Simone (surprisingly none of you mentioned Rudi) are earmarked for the long-term category for various reasons. LVH is one for the task at hand. I think there are some unconventional choices too. Ranieri, Felix, Capello to name a few.
iftikhar
iftikhar
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:49 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Put the English subs on  pirat 

Spoiler:

This is just awesome. Even still. woaaa... what a fiery and charismatic personality this guy is. :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  Just what the team needs now to get the blood pumping once again.
Old Trafford is waiting for you rascal.  Twisted Evil   

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Klopp is the man after Van Gaal washes all the shit out of the team and hoofing that moyes instilled.
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next