Glory
Hapless_Hans
Busby Babe
RED
Firenze
15 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? Empty Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Not seen too much discussion on it, there's a real lack of elite managers available currently, would you want to settle for another 'decent' manager like Moyesie, or should we wait to give a proven great in? Maybe there's someone you have in mind that the rest of us have never heard of hmm

Ideally, for me, we'd get in Klopp come the summer, with Fergie coming back temporarily until the end of the season (not going to happen) Besides that, I don't think it's unrealistic, Dortmund aren't showing much ambition and I think Klopp has hit his ceiling there and will be very open to moving on.

I also feel like AVB is worth a risk.

No point saying you'd want Mourinho or Pep in the summer, let's look at this realistically.

I hope Fergie and Co don't try to find someone in his mould who could manage us for 25 years, they simply don't exist. It's one of the reasons why he's such a legendary figure in sports. There's nothing wrong with looking at someone who will be here for 3-4 years before moving on. Pls Fergie. That was one of the biggest reasons for Moyes' appointment for sure.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by RED Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

klopp would be the ideal appointment imo. Get's the best out of young players, plays a positive, fast paced football, a lot pressing, pass and movement- Modern football. He is basically the anti-Moyes. And Klopp is a winner too!

He would make United back to being a pleasure to watch. I would trust him 100% to rebuild the squad, as he has a clear philosophy and direction with which he moulds his team to play. And it is stunning.

RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:15 pm

I think the criteria should be: Promotes youth, plays good football and the obviously a winner. He also should be here at least 3-5 years. We can't be looking for managers that will stay here 10+ years, the list becomes too short with only David Moyes on there

I think there is several routes to go down

There is the international manager route: Van Gaal, Prandelli etc

Then there is the midtable premier league managers that play good football: Pochettino and Roberto Martinez. The lolz of taking Everton's manager twice. I think both would be great but we can't be taking risks anymore.

There's also the sentimental route in Ole: He's not shown enough in his managerial career to deserve the job yet, tbh.

There is also Frank De Boer who I am warming to: plays good football and promotes youth. Also, with Ajax dominating the dutch league he's not got a small team mentality like Moysie. Beat Barca this season, but he did lose to Salzburg.

Perfect choice is Klopp, but he has signed a new contract this season, he'd finally free Shinji. I think everyone is a risk tbh. There is 3 managers last season that almost guarantee trophies: SAF, Mourinho and Pep. One has retired and the others are unobtainable.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:25 pm

AVB...we should stay well clear from him imo. He would be an improvement on Moyes, but like Moyes, he comes with his own set of problems. He would annoy us with his infamous high line, refusal to change it no matter what, mind set. Very stubborn manager as well, will refuse to admit his wrong on the pitch and thus wouldn't alternate a formation or tactic if things are not working out.

BB...Van Gaal would be a wise choice. Vast experience in the international scene. Proven and I think the players would react to him far better than Moyes. atkeast there would be some semblance of respect.

Another good shout, like you metioned, is De Boer. I've heard nothing but good things at what he is doing at Ajax.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:43 pm

I think Van Gaal would be a good choice especially it being his last job probably he'd be determined to go out the right way. He's stubborn, but also drops anyone he wants, he famously dropped Rivaldo while he was the best the player the world, because he complained about playing out of position. Also, taught both Pep and Mourinho at one time. De Boer is also another student...

Also, David Moyes has filled the team with Fergie's boys: Ryan Giggs, Phill Neville and Nicky Butt and Paul Scholes who work with the academy boys. SAF, liked that Bayern Munich is filled with former stars Sammer, Beckenbauer, Rummenigge etc. Ajax, have done the same Van Der Sar, Bergkamp, Overmars etc. So if Van Gaal or De Boer come I think they will understand the clubs values, I don't think someone like Mourinho would have done things like that. Understanding a clubs values shouldn't be the most important aspect because you end up with Moyes again, but I think it's a good attribute to have, imo.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Oh I forgot one name Laurent Blanc, he's probably the only former player that might be up to standard to manage us
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:13 pm

I just remembered Fat Sam is a good mate of SAF's.

Embarassed Sad 
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:15 pm

Do you think with Moyes being a flop, that Fergie's influence on our next managerial choice will be a lot more muted? I do.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:18 pm

Firenze wrote:Do you think with Moyes being a flop, that Fergie's influence on our next managerial choice will be a lot more muted? I do.

SAF loves the power, and the Glazers and everyone associated at the club are all in awe of him. He may or may not hand pick the next manager, but he will definitely have a big say in it imo. He along with Sir Bobby Charlton.

So prepare for a 'one of the boys' scotsman to be handed a 10 year contract. lol

Last edited by RED on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:19 pm

Btw, SAF is a big fan of Van Gaal maybe we should stay away Laughing
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:41 pm

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:06 pm

lol, Van Gaal would be great, but he would NOT be a guaranteed success in terms of results.

What he does guarantee though is he'll shake it up completely and improve the players that survive, plus the young ones.

Cleverley probably will become a world class holding midfielder in a matter of months.

however he's a psychopath and he doesn't care for the concept of 'defending', so some kind of trouble and frustration is to be expected.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:06 pm

and Sammer never played for us, btw, the dirty commie.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:17 pm

lmao, my bad
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:27 pm

Lets just do a Barca, and hire a random coach from Argentina
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:15 pm

Klopp Its a no brainer

And I pretty much think we can lure him with a fat pay check coming summer if we really go gung ho on that.

Until then, scholesy may be. not as a coach, but more as a mentor/motivator/companion. Just to tell the guys to relax after the horror show and to express themselves. I think it will be the need of the hour right now.
Appointing another coach after a super failure of a coach like moyes who is going to employ a full different style of football, I am not much a fan of that. However good he is, players may find it hard. Give them time. Let them get back to 0. They are way below in the negatives now.

So In that vein I think even a brief spell of a no coach will augur well for the club. And of course if we still need for namesake someone , we have Giggsy in the team.

After all we have nothing to play for this season. So whats the rush. Just tell the lads to play their game and express.
So I vouch for giggsy as of now.

Will go for a big fish in the summer.  :fishing: 
 Smile 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:45 pm

Tbh, if someone like Sherwood, with simply an attacking attitude gets Spurs to perform better, I'm sure someone like Pochettino or Martinez could get us in the CL. The problem is only after, if they can achieve trophies, but as long as the next manager can get us into the CL they wouldn't be a detriment to the club. Just think about the amount of games we've lost this season, we've lost due to Moyes' negative tactics.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Sat Mar 01, 2014 6:57 pm

We (or at least I )completely forgot 1 name. Diego Simeone.

Just look the manner he has turned that Atleti side into a title contender. And the brand of football is also pleasing to the eye.

If we cant get Klopp our second option should be this supremely talented Argentine manager who is surely going to become one of the best in the game with time.

Now I am pretty much aware that he is a hardcore Atleti lover and hence wont just leave them that easily.
But still I think there is some sort of chance if we can over weigh loyalty and love with money.

Whole of Redcafe is voicing for simeone btw.  :fishing: 

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:15 pm

An article by the Guardian from over 10 years ago after SAF announced his first retirement. LvG says he's first on our list despite being recently being sacked from Barcelona and failing to qualify for the WC, at least he's a character Laughing

Man U close in on Van Gaal

Speculation is mounting that Louis van Gaal will be named as the new Manchester United manager within the next few weeks.

United today refused to deny reports from Holland which claimed that Van Gaal, who officially steps down from his job as Holland manager on January 31, will be unveiled as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor.

The news has prompted a rash of bets on the Dutchman - causing betting firm Blue Square to suspend the market on who will take over as United boss.

Last year Van Gaal made it known he was wanted by United, telling reporters: "I knew I was first on the list last year.

"I don't have any contact with them now because I am coach of the national team but I can imagine that a club like Manchester United are still interested in Louis van Gaal."

The newspaper reports in Holland have suggested that Co Adriaanse, who was sacked as Ajax manager in November, will be in charge of United's youth team - a position he held at Ajax for five years.

Van Gaal, 51, was regarded as one of the best managers in the world when he lead Ajax to the European Cup in the mid-90s.

But after winning the Spanish Primera Division with Barcelona in 1999 his star has fallen. He was sacked from Barcelona in 2000 and also failed to lead Holland to the World Cup.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Sat Mar 01, 2014 8:21 pm

Lumiere_Blanche wrote:We (or at least I )completely forgot 1 name. Diego Simeone.

Just look the manner he has turned that Atleti side into a title contender. And the brand of football is also pleasing to the eye.

If we cant get Klopp our second option should be this supremely talented Argentine manager who is surely going to become one of the best in the game with time.

Now I am pretty much aware that he is a hardcore Atleti lover and hence wont just leave them that easily.
But still I think there is some sort of chance if we can over weigh  loyalty and love with money.

Whole of Redcafe is voicing for simeone btw.  :fishing: 

Yeah, he's a good choice. I think he has unfinished business with Atleti though. Btw, I know were desperate but we don't want him to come here solely for money, that's the type of thing we make fun of Man City for, bunch of mercenaries
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 03, 2014 1:35 pm

According to this Article, Bild have said, we're targeting Jurgen Klopp. This article is about a week and a bit old.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-start-search-david-moyes-replacement-report-1437433

Manchester United have reportedly earmarked Borussia Dormtmund manager Jurgen Klopp as David Moyes' replacement, should the current boss fails to secure Champions League football next season.

Moyes took charge of the Premier League holders last summer, after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement, but he has struggled to make the impact expected. United are already out of both the FA Cup and Capital One Cup and while they qualified for the Champions League last 16 as group winners, their situation in the Premier League is far from good.

United are currently lying in seventh place, 15 points behind leaders Chelsea and 11 points from fourth place, which currently belongs to Liverpool.

Although Moyes signed a six year contract, Bild reports that United's officials have lost confidence in the manager and they have targeted Klopp as his replacement in case the Scot doesn't achieve a top-four finish.

Klopp, 46, has lately garnered a reputation as one of the best young managers in the world, not only because of his success at Borussia Dortmund but also for his atacking style of play.

Despite having to face the powerful Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, Klopp managed to win the domestic league in 2010/11 and 2011/12, while last season he led his team to the Champions League final after beating Real Madrid in the semis.

The German manager was linked with Chelsea and City last summer, before they appointed Jose Mourinho and Manuel Pellegrini respectively. He recently admitted the two Premier League clubs were interested, but claimed he rejected their proposals because he wanted to stay at Dormund.

"There were some English clubs that called and wanted to speak with me But there was no reason to talk to them because... No chance," Klopp said.

"It's only hard to understand if you always think 'I can go to a bigger club'. I'm sure you could earn much more money at one or the other English clubs, or at a Chinese or Russian club. But it's not the most important thing."

However, the former Mainz manager may be tempted to move to Old Trafford next summer, especially considering that Bayern are likely to win the Bundesliga this season again and he is upset with Dortmund bosses after Robert Lewandowski confirmed that he is going to sign for the Bavarian giants this summer, just a year after Mario Gotze made the same choice.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:42 pm

the last part is nonsense, Klopp is not 'upset' that Bayern is 1st or at the bosses, Lewandowski chose to leave, nothing they can do about it.
Stories which insinuate Klopp would be upset about that kind of thing fail to understand what Dortmund was like when Klopp started, and how far they've come.

It surely would be a tempting opportunity but I'm pretty sure there's no chance as Klopp will honour his contract at Dortmund.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Mon Mar 03, 2014 7:58 pm

Busby Babe wrote:According to this Article, Bild have said, we're targeting Jurgen Klopp. This article is about a week and a bit old.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/manchester-united-start-search-david-moyes-replacement-report-1437433

Manchester United have reportedly earmarked Borussia Dormtmund manager Jurgen Klopp as David Moyes' replacement, should the current boss fails to secure Champions League football next season.

Moyes took charge of the Premier League holders last summer, after Sir Alex Ferguson's retirement, but he has struggled to make the impact expected. United are already out of both the FA Cup and Capital One Cup and while they qualified for the Champions League last 16 as group winners, their situation in the Premier League is far from good.

United are currently lying in seventh place, 15 points behind leaders Chelsea and 11 points from fourth place, which currently belongs to Liverpool.

Although Moyes signed a six year contract, Bild reports that United's officials have lost confidence in the manager and they have targeted Klopp as his replacement in case the Scot doesn't achieve a top-four finish.

Klopp, 46, has lately garnered a reputation as one of the best young managers in the world, not only because of his success at Borussia Dortmund but also for his atacking style of play.

Despite having to face the powerful Bayern Munich in the Bundesliga, Klopp managed to win the domestic league in 2010/11 and 2011/12, while last season he led his team to the Champions League final after beating Real Madrid in the semis.

The German manager was linked with Chelsea and City last summer, before they appointed Jose Mourinho and Manuel Pellegrini respectively. He recently admitted the two Premier League clubs were interested, but claimed he rejected their proposals because he wanted to stay at Dormund.

"There were some English clubs that called and wanted to speak with me But there was no reason to talk to them because... No chance," Klopp said.

"It's only hard to understand if you always think 'I can go to a bigger club'. I'm sure you could earn much more money at one or the other English clubs, or at a Chinese or Russian club. But it's not the most important thing."

However, the former Mainz manager may be tempted to move to Old Trafford next summer, especially considering that Bayern are likely to win the Bundesliga this season again and he is upset with Dortmund bosses after Robert Lewandowski confirmed that he is going to sign for the Bavarian giants this summer, just a year after Mario Gotze made the same choice.

Now this is getting silly. I guess we all are quite aware were this is going.

(This is) exactly what these media have been doing over the years for(against) us, enticing us when ever shit happen, linking us up with the bests in the business. If it was the ronaldo's and the fabregas's not so long time back. Now it is Klopp. If it was players then, its managers now.
Circulating stories left, right and centre. Cashing in on our agony, offering that false sense of relief to be later squashed mercilessly.
Now some other paper will report tomorrow that we are close to sign Pep and day after tomorrow, Mourinho.

I am quite simply not buying any of these bloated up grapevines now.

First let the sack be done, let them report stories related to that right.  :coffee:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:19 pm

I purposely wrote 'targeting', so no one gets the wrong end of the stick. Also, the English media is saying Van Gaal, but I thought Bild might be a bit more credible, than say, the Daily Mail.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Mon Mar 03, 2014 8:38 pm

Busby Babe wrote:I purposely wrote 'targeting', so no one gets the wrong end of the stick. Also, the English media is saying Van Gaal, but I thought Bild might be a bit more credible, than say, the Daily Mail.

Bild is the German Sun, however in transfer stuff they are usually a little more factual if they 'report' own stories. I didn't see the Bild article referenced though and couldn't find it online, the link you quote links to another site quoting bild...

Of course you will and should try to get Klopp in case Moyes get's fired, but I think it's unlikely he'll leave Dortmund now.
He WILL think hard about the Utd job, no question, any coach would, but I just can't see him jumping ship at Dortmund.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next