Glory
Hapless_Hans
Busby Babe
RED
Firenze
15 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by RED Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:24 pm

GET SIMEONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's all.

RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:31 pm

Nedved wrote:I don't think Pep is the right man for Man U at the moment. Van Gaal knows how to build the team. His organisation will go a long away. But I am not sure why you guys are delaying the announcement. It will be difficult to sign players if u leave things too late.

I agree, the situation we're in calls for someone like van Gaal. He will be announced in the next few days btw.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:32 pm

He wants to stay another season at Atletico, RED. I'd also rather play van Gaal's football
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 01, 2014 12:08 am

Way clear for Manchester United to make Louis Van Gaal their manager

Giggs future likely to be only stumbling block

Louis van Gaal, the Holland coach, is expected to be confirmed as the new manager of Manchester United within the next week.

With United’s faint hopes of enticing Carlo Ancelotti to Old Trafford dealt a blow after the former Chelsea manager masterminded Real Madrid’s march to the Champions League final against Bayern Munich on Tuesday, the way has been cleared for Van Gaal to succeed David Moyes.

United have the framework of a deal in place with Van Gaal, who is thought to be hopeful that an agreement will be announced before he begins a ten-day training camp with the Holland squad in Hoenderloo on Wednesday.

Van Gaal, 62, would be unable formally to start work until Holland’s World Cup campaign has concluded, which would be more than ten weeks away if the Oranje reach the final in Rio de Janeiro on July 13.

Nonetheless, the Dutchman is believed to have drawn up a detailed list of summer transfer targets and is expected to present this to the United hierarchy early next week. Mats Hummels and Marco Reus, the Borussia Dortmund centre half and midfielder respectively, and Toni Kroos, the Bayern Munich midfielder, are in his sights.

The only foreseeable stumbling block that might delay Van Gaal’s appointment would involve Ryan Giggs’s role in the new regime.

Giggs was placed in temporary charge in the wake of Moyes’s sacking on Tuesday last week and the interim United manager — who had hoped to be considered for the job on a permanent basis — may be unwilling to accept a token position under Van Gaal if it came to that.

Senior United officials have indicated privately that they would be reluctant to force anyone on to the new man at the helm, but with Giggs viewed as a future United manager, it seems inconceivable that they would allow a situation to arise whereby the 40-year-old ended up severing his ties with the club with whom he has spent his entire career.

Giggs, who has yet to decide whether he will carry on playing for another season, is thought to be in the dark over the situation, although it would be a surprise if Van Gaal was not willing to consider the Welshman as his No 2.

Frans Hoek, the Holland goalkeeping coach, has informed Van Gaal that he will decide in the next 48 hours whether to join him at Old Trafford or remain with the national team.

Patrick Kluivert, the former Barcelona striker and Van Gaal’s assistant with Holland, has expressed a desire to join his compatriot at United and the name of Jaap Stam, the former United defender who is assistant coach at Ajax, is also thought to have been floated.

Van Gaal is expected to encourage the club to continue their pursuit of Kroos and Reus, with strong indications that the former Ajax, Barcelona and Bayern Munich coach has been looking predominantly at the German market, where Moyes focused much of his attention.

With Nemanja Vidic, the United captain, joining Inter Milan at the end of the season, Rio Ferdinand, his fellow defender, facing an uncertain future and the champions likely to lose out to Manchester City for Eliaquim Mangala, the Porto centre back, Hummels is a fresh target identified by Van Gaal.

Prising Hummels and Reus — both of whom have three years left on their contracts — would be a considerable feat, especially as the German club have already agreed to sell Robert Lewandowski, the forward, to Bayern this summer. Luke Shaw, the Southampton left back, William Carvalho, the Sporting Lisbon midfielder, and Edinson Cavani, the Paris Saint-Germain forward, were other targets United were chasing under Moyes.

Stam back to coach our strikers. Total football Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Thu May 01, 2014 12:07 pm

i dont care about style. I want result! accomplishments first, then style
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 01, 2014 3:52 pm

Results are priority, but style should be non-negotiable. Anyway, it's not like style hampers results.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon May 05, 2014 11:02 pm

Van Gaal’s appointment as manager is now a formality, it being a case of when, rather than if, the Holland coach is confirmed. The 62-year-old may even be at Old Trafford for Tuesday’s game against Hull City

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10808015/Louis-van-Gaal-needed-quickly-as-Manchester-United-and-Ryan-Giggs-are-brought-down-to-earth-by-Sunderland.html

EDIT: Odgen has said it's expected to be announced within the next 24 hours, new era lads!
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon May 05, 2014 11:42 pm

Pulis in ffs! :bow:
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Mon May 05, 2014 11:51 pm

Proud

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Tumblr_n4wd0iSJJb1qaorn7o1_400
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue May 06, 2014 12:09 am

The Zlatan/Pirlo of all managers Proud

I have achieved more with Ajax in six years than Barcelona has in one hundred years.
(In 1997 after becoming coach of Barcelona.)

If you want to, go ahead.

(After a reporter asked Van Gaal whether he wanted to congratulate his former friend Ronald Koeman with winning the Eredivisie with PSV.)

My personal favourite:

"I told the board we would celebrate winning every title. I'm a party animal."
On victory celebrations with Bayern

"When players come up to me and say how great it is to work with me, that's more important to me than any paycheck."
How he prefers recognition to money

"Running is for animals. You need a brain and a ball for football."
On his basic approach to the game
That one is a public threat to Valencia and Young
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 07, 2014 6:55 pm

Dutch coach Louis Van Gaal says he wants to join Manchester United who he described as "the biggest club in the world" #mufc

Not aspiring to be City, he will take us to the promise land  drinking 

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Lvgfyjt4

British reporter asks if Van Gaal knows much about Man Utd [culture and history]: "That is a very stupid question. What do you think?" [nos]

https://vine.co/v/M6tDt9zxFe7

rofl
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Wed May 07, 2014 11:27 pm

Van Gaal Proud

not even in the job yet, already executing his 'dress down reporters'-shtick like it's the press conference before the CL final Proud
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 08, 2014 12:50 am

Hansy my man, he is *bleep* awesome

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Louis_van_Gaal_en_Willem_van_H_c9db43e506af3030655bd0d1acb58c60
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Madvillain Thu May 08, 2014 8:43 am

... is what Louis is going to do when he is appointed as manager at Manchester United.  Proud Proud Proud 

*juigen = to cheer/celebrate.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 14, 2014 1:01 am

Ryan Giggs to discuss Man Utd role with Louis van Gaal

Ryan Giggs will meet with Louis van Gaal in the Netherlands on Wednesday as Manchester United move towards finalising their new management team.

Dutch national coach Van Gaal, 62, is set to be appointed as United boss and will speak to Giggs about a potential coaching position at Old Trafford.

Welshman Giggs, 40, ended the campaign as United's interim manager following the dismissal of David Moyes in April.

Giggs had said he was unsure whether he would carry on playing next season.

Van Gaal is currently overseeing the Netherlands' World Cup preparations at their training camp in Hoenderloo with Wednesday a designated rest day for the squad.

Giggs and United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward will go to the Netherlands for the talks, with the club keen to end their search for a replacement for Moyes.

A number of the staff who worked under both Moyes and Giggs during his four-match spell in charge, including Phil Neville, Chris Woods, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt, are likely to leave the club.

United, who are due to release their third-quarter financial results on Thursday, finished seventh in the Premier League and will not be playing in European competition next season.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27403370

BBC reporting it now, should be close
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Nedved Wed May 14, 2014 7:11 am

He & Jose will make EPL even more colorful. Bring him on. What on earth are the glazers waiting for?
Nedved
Nedved
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Wed May 14, 2014 12:33 pm

2 thing I like about bringing Van Gaal in

1. He will have a first hand look at a lot of players at the world cup this summer, potential targets I mean.

2. His dutch team have some good young CM's that he might want to bring with him Vilhena, Clasie....Strootman
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 14, 2014 4:32 pm

Giggsy in Holland. Spotted in Noordwijk this afternoon, near where Louis van Gaal is staying.

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 BnmzXwkIAAAJW1L
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Wed May 14, 2014 5:22 pm

De Telegraaf report Ryan Giggs will be Louis van Gaal's assistant at United, not Patrick Kluivert. They also believe Video Analyst Max Reckers and goalkeeping coach Frans Hoek will also join van Gaal at Man Utd.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed May 14, 2014 11:25 pm

Finally. Hopefully he revamps our youth set up. I honestly cannot wait.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 15, 2014 1:08 pm

The delaying of the LVG announcement is pissing me off now. Why can't this football club do things the normal way without complicating things and/or prolonging it.

fcking joke!
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Thu May 15, 2014 4:17 pm

Theyre probably still sorting our details, plus Van Gaal is busy now with Holland and can't deal with it all day.

Who cares if it's this week or next week.

Anyway, really interesting. I can't wait to see how and what he does at United, and how his football will work in the Premier League.

It's a good choice given your situation I think, as it means you won't have run around and try to buy everybody elses star players, as Moysie did.

Van Gaal will improve the players you have.

Just do NOT get your hopes up too much in terms of it being an all around fantastic success. View it as a transitional period.
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 15, 2014 4:37 pm

I don't think it's Man Utd's fault, it's the media trying to second guess the date. 'Oh, van Gaal has a day off today, yep must be the date they're announcing him'...then they find out it's actually the date he will meet Giggs in person. 'Okay, must be Thursday not Wednesday then' but if they actually had checked Woodward's schedule as well as van Gaal's they would have realised Woodward had an investors meeting today and it wasn't possible to announce it til about next week. He's coming anyway, 100%. It's only left to make it 'official'.

Anyway, I agree Hans, unrealistic to fix all your problems with buying other teams players, especially in one summer that's where van Gaal comes in, by improving the current players and promoting youth players.

EDIT: ESPN say the Dutch FA are the ones that have asked for us to delay the announcement. Patience RED  Smile 
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu May 15, 2014 5:44 pm

Laughing

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Image008
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu May 15, 2014 5:59 pm

Yeah I guess you 2 are right. I just want this to be over and done with. I fell into the trap of trustung these media outlets telling us it will be done in the next 12/48 hours, the next 2 days etc. That's where my frustrations stemmed from today.

Next week isn't too bad I guess.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Thu May 15, 2014 8:54 pm

Busby Babe wrote:Laughing

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 5 Image008

woaaaa.. epic!!! . :bow: rofl

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next