Glory
Hapless_Hans
Busby Babe
RED
Firenze
15 posters

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by B-Mac Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:53 pm

Klopp is the man after Van Gaal washes all the shit out of the team and hoofing that moyes instilled.

B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 3 Empty Re: Who do we want to replace Moyes?

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:01 pm

I think there's a good chance Guardiola would come after Van Gaal

Hapless_Hans wrote:Now you know where my avatar's from  eco smile 

I can't wait for him to say 'we're champions of not only Manchester, we're champions of Liverpool...' Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:02 pm

M99 wrote:What do you all think of Giggs as interim?

It better not be permanent. I would love for Mauricio Poch. to take over.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 5:08 pm

jibers wrote: would love for Mauricio Poch. to take over.

Same he better at least be considered. Everyone possible should be looked at. Moyes never worked not because he was at Everton it's because he managed them like a small club. Pochettino's and Rodgers etc. didn't do that
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hapless_Hans Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:21 pm

Busby Babe wrote:

I can't wait for him to say 'we're champions of not only Manchester, we're champions of Liverpool...' Proud

'Auch von GELSENKIRCHEN..' in his Dutch accent rofl f-ing hilarious, legendary

btw the celebration was on mother's day, that's why he sent a kiss to all mommies in the crowd, and then he danced with the mayor who's a 1860 fan and didn't know what the heck was going on  rofl 

One of the best days ever.
We lost the CL final a week later though without a whimper  Neutral
Hapless_Hans
Hapless_Hans
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 6:38 pm

Hapless_Hans wrote:
Busby Babe wrote:

'Auch von GELSENKIRCHEN..' in his Dutch accent rofl f-ing hilarious, legendary

btw the celebration was on mother's day, that's why he sent a kiss to all mommies in the crowd, and then he danced with the mayor who's a 1860 fan and didn't know what the heck was going on  rofl 

One of the best days ever.
We lost the CL final a week later though without a whimper  Neutral

rofl, I thought that was weird. Makes sense now. Press conferences are going to be the best (if he does come) :bow:

Cleverley to finally fulfill his potential Proud
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:51 pm

Real Madrid coach Ancelotti is understood to be the favoured candidate among senior figures at Old Trafford, however, with Holland coach Louis van Gaal and Atlético Madrid’s rising star Diego Simeone making up United’s hit-list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10781153/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-to-have-a-say-on-David-Moyess-successor-as-Carlo-Ancelotti-heads-United-shortlist.html

I don't understand wanting Ancelotti, he hasn't got a great history with youth.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Angoulême Wed Apr 23, 2014 11:16 am

I read today that Van Gaal is really interested in bringing Roy Keane in as his number 2 if he gets the united job . Apparently Van Gaal is a long time admirer of Keane and likes the fact he speaks his mind . Rene Melenstein and mike phelan to return to the coaching staff also .... now that would be interesting ..  Smile 
Angoulême
Angoulême
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:21 pm

"In my career I've found players are fascinated by my philosophy. It's an attacking, technical and tactical philosophy. "You have to play as a team and not as an individual. I'm looking to see who fits in my system - 4-3-3 - whether it is a young or old player. Age is not important." wrote:
-Van Gaal

:bow:

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Apr 23, 2014 5:04 pm

please get someone who has a bit of understanding when it comes to tactic and playing style. Moyes is garbage. He has been at Everton long enough and still haven't achieved anything. You can claim that his limited resources and the club's capability was holding him down. However, looking at SAF and special managers, they can always get the best out of the situation. Moyes is nothing special in a sense. Watching united was painful as *bleep*...it's like watching a headless chicken running around.

Maybe we should have given him more time/faith, but my counter argument is that: we had the whole season with a very large transfer budget. Had any progress been MADE? Rodger had his own style when he first came to liverpool. He also got the best out of suarez, and played players at the right position. Moyes' headless tactic with a bunch of crossings, while buying mata and played him on the wing is NOT a progress. I'm glad we got rid of this burden. Knew from day 1 that it wouldn't work. I wanted mourinho, but i guess he doesn't fit in a long term plan.
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Busby Babe wrote:
Real Madrid coach Ancelotti is understood to be the favoured candidate among senior figures at Old Trafford, however, with Holland coach Louis van Gaal and Atlético Madrid’s rising star Diego Simeone making up United’s hit-list.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10781153/Sir-Alex-Ferguson-to-have-a-say-on-David-Moyess-successor-as-Carlo-Ancelotti-heads-United-shortlist.html

I don't understand wanting Ancelotti, he hasn't got a great history with youth.

And he plays awful football.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:02 pm

vizkosity wrote:please get someone who has a bit of understanding when it comes to tactic and playing style. Moyes is garbage. He has been at Everton long enough and still haven't achieved anything. You can claim that his limited resources and the club's capability was holding him down. However, looking at SAF and special managers, they can always get the best out of the situation. Moyes is nothing special in a sense. Watching united was painful as *bleep*...it's like watching a headless chicken running around.

Maybe we should have given him more time/faith, but my counter argument is that: we had the whole season with a very large transfer budget. Had any progress been MADE? Rodger had his own style when he first came to liverpool. He also got the best out of suarez, and played players at the right position. Moyes' headless tactic with a bunch of crossings, while buying mata and played him on the wing is NOT a progress. I'm glad we got rid of this burden. Knew from day 1 that it wouldn't work. I wanted mourinho, but i guess he doesn't fit in a long term plan.

Long time :bow:

Welcome back!
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:04 pm

RealGunner wrote:
vizkosity wrote:please get someone who has a bit of understanding when it comes to tactic and playing style. Moyes is garbage. He has been at Everton long enough and still haven't achieved anything. You can claim that his limited resources and the club's capability was holding him down. However, looking at SAF and special managers, they can always get the best out of the situation. Moyes is nothing special in a sense. Watching united was painful as *bleep*...it's like watching a headless chicken running around.

Long time :bow:

Welcome back!
thanks mate :)been a little busy
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:42 pm

Love that this section is more busy now. Will post here a lot more now.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:43 am

Angoulême wrote:I read today that Van Gaal is really interested in bringing Roy Keane in as his number 2 if he gets the united job . Apparently Van Gaal is a long time admirer of Keane and likes the fact he speaks his mind . Rene Melenstein and mike phelan to return to the coaching staff also .... now that would be interesting ..  Smile 

I read this too. I think it's a terrible idea. Roy Keane, thought Moyes deserved more time, thus he has failed to understand the situation in my eyes and blames the squad far more than he should. Which is not good, since he'd been working with them. Plus, two very big personalities like Van Gaal and Keane is just asking for disaster. I'd rather have Giggs assist Van Gaal.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:42 am

Van Gaal Interview while he was at AZ. It's very long, so I will only quote a few points, the rest will be in the link.

http://jeddavies.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Louis-Van-Gaal-interview.pdf

Pedro Daniel Sousa (P.D.S) - What features should present a team to be considered a Top team?

Louis van Gaal (L. van Gaal) –
First, the players ... must have individual qualities... not only as a football player but also as a human being. Because that is also very important, because you have to play in a team and not individually... and then you need a very good trainer coach, that can transfer an philosophy of football... a way of football... and then the eleven players has to perform that... so, the chemistry between the technical quality of the head coach, or the technical staff, with the players selection has to be very good

(P.D.S) - What is dominant football?

(L. van Gaal) -
That you decide how the opponent play their football and not that the opponent decides where we have to play.

(P.D.S) - And a top team controls the game from the offensive or you can also do that by the defensive point of view?

(L. van Gaal) -
Yes, because there are different styles... in Italy they are always defensively... in England is always offensively... except when they are using a European coach... because of that, the coach is very important... so... I have always play very offensively as a trainer coach with my teams, but this season I play more defensively... to organize more and to create open space for my very faster strikers... but that's also dominant... only I like more the offensive style... because I like that. You have to deliver a product for the public... and with this product I don't like it, like the offensively style but... it's a very attractive style, when you do it with speed!

P.D.S) – Is there a moment more important than another?

(L. van Gaal) -
I think the transition is the most important... aspect of the moments... so, I divide the game in four... in four, and not in three, in four... and you have ball possession opponent, then you have transition in ball possession ... then the opponent is not organized... so that is the moment that you have to benefit... because at that time they are not organized. When you have ball possession then your opponent it's in organization... and then it ́s more (less too late???) ... but top teams can create also, chances against organized teams, Barcelona can do that very well and Manchester United also and AZ I think
also..

(P.D.S) -Yes...So one of the characteristics of that ball circulation is...

(L. van Gaal) -
... The pass, and not the speed. Every journalist said has to be a higher ball circulation... and I said that is not so
important... because the replaces of the ball demands another organization defensively of the opponent

(P.D.S) - What risks should be taken by a top team?

(L. van Gaal) - No risk.
You have to avoid the risk. That’s your organization defensively... and that's why.... for example, Mourinho win's a lot... because he always has a very good defensive organization... so you have to avoid risk... So when you are in attack you have to think to defend...

(P.D.S) - Exactly... it's one of the questions that I gone do... but when you attack you increase the risks to lose the ball?

(L. van Gaal) -
Yes... it's true, because when you attack you take always risk because have a big space behind you... so that's true... because of that you need defensively thinking when you attack...

(P.D.S) - You said that you want the pitch bigger... not in all moments of attack... if the ball it ́s in zone of finalization... near to the opponent goal... the defenders have to stay together...

(L. van Gaal) –
Yes together...when you have to across a phase... I divide also the attacking moment in the first phase, second phase, thirst phase and fourth phase... The first phase it’s the construction, the second is the... circulation of the ball to createmthe pass... this is the third phase... the creative... and the fourth phase is the finalization

(P.D.S) - What characteristics do you want that your team shows in the field?

(L. van Gaal) -
I want 8 lines... 8 lines... so many as possible... because then the occupation of the pitch it's better... so we are blue...the best occupation of the pitch is this system... 1,2,3,4,5,6,7... and with this dynamic one line more (Figure)... but depends where is the ball... when the ball is here he has to go here... so also form a line to pass, but when you play thatsystem you have always triangles... you have always two options for here... here... two options...also more... it's thesame here... two options... in the middle it's always more... here it's also a triangle... a triangle... so that’s why 4-3-3, in my opinion, is the best system and you can play with a defensively player or an offensive player (triangle of midfield)it’s dependable of the quality of your players. When you play a 4-4-2 a lot of teams are doing that, then you have not so much lines... you see... and it’s easy to defend ... therefore I played... when I have two good strikers in a window, so then I have six lines, 1,2,3,4,5,6 (He doesn’t count the GR) and dynamically more.

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 3 Rsz_1v10

(P.D.S) - Other systems that don't define so many lines, such as 1-4-4-2 line, can likewise provide quality of the ball movement?

(L. van Gaal) -
It's not so good, because you have less lines... but it’s a dynamic situation...so you can said... ok, this is also triangles but when this mathematically more triangles you have in your system then it's more easy, because the players without thinking they are, already, in the position but now they have to see the space... it's more difficult and they are more closely to each other it's not so big the pitch... Do you understand... so the space it’s better divided when they placed like that... you can see it with your eyes... it’s always more space...So the other systems are not so shut(?) for ball circulation

(P.D.S) - When you are in defensive phase do you have offensive concerns?

(L. van Gaal) -
Yes... (What kind?) I need always... because that’s also depends of your system... but I want always a deep striker... and I want always one looking for the big space...

(P.D.S) - The big space!?

(L. van Gaal) -
Yes, not deep... that's one striker, and he has to ties the central defender to pick him up... because then the spaces here it's bigger... so that's why I played like this... and that’s why I played in 4-3-3 with a second striker, the number 10, mostly... and dependable of the quality of the player he is a second striker or a third midfielder... So Litmanen in Ajax...has a third midfielder... Dennis Bergkamp is a second striker

Who do we want to replace Moyes? - Page 3 Rsz_vg10

(P.D.S.) – What profile of players do you want to occupy positions in the central corridor? The position that you define as number 4 and 10...

(L. van Gaal) –
Thinkers. Brain. But a lot of trainer coaches want to be here defender... always with me... thinkers. Guardiola, Xavi,Jong... always that kind of players.

(P.D.S.) - And number 10?

(L. van Gaal) –
Number 10 I liked more a midfielder that can go... (more a midfielder then a second striker that come back...) yes...Now I play with a second striker and defensively I doesn’t not work for the team... but at this level in Netherlands we can keep the safety... but it’s always more difficult... when is defensively...and he can go there also it’s better... but he
as to score... this man as to score... so our second striker scores 20 goals... this man has to score...Litmanen always twenty, twenty five goals, Bergkamp twenty, twentyfive... not he (striker position)... he ten... because he takes benefits of him..

(P.D.S.) – In the system that you advocate there are more fixed positions and positions of greater mobility?

(L. van Gaal) –
Yes, that’s true... the greater mobility are always the wings (the midfielders that go the wings...) an then they have to come inside... they have to run a lot... and the central midfielder also have to run a lot... and the laterals, the full backs... so, there are six that run a lot...the others: the striker, he always wants to run a lot but I don ́t liked he has to stay... the second striker he needs more brain than running... and the two central midfielders I liked more brain than runners... and the central defenders more brain than running... (and the goal-keeper too) Yes

Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:14 pm

Antonio Conte has emerged as a dark horse in the race to be the next Manchester United manager after being sounded out about the job.

But favourites Louis van Gaal and Carlo Ancelotti have been given a boost by claims that former United manager Sir Alex Ferguson favours an appointment that would allow caretaker Ryan Giggs to take full charge in three years.

Ferguson is also said to be keen for Gary Neville to become part of the Class of ’92 coaching set-up at Old Trafford, with Giggs, Nicky Butt, Paul Scholes and brother Phil.

Van Gaal, Ancelotti and Diego Simeone remain the top candidates to permanently succeed David Moyes. Conte, in charge of Juventus, has been spoken to and is being considered as an alternative option by executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward.

How are the board coming up with these names? Conte? Laughing

Fergie wants Giggs to be manager in 3 years. I actually think it says something that no player that has played under him has ever been a very successful manager. I don't think Fergie's strengths are teachable or are transferable. I think Van Gaal can teach Giggs a lot tactically tbh. I think he would be a great teacher.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10786629/Antonio-Conte-of-Juventus-emerges-as-a-dark-horse-in-Manchester-Uniteds-hunt-for-a-manager.html
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RED Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:24 pm

Like taking a shot in the dark :facepalm:

I choose to trust that the main criteria for the board's selection process is: NO GAMBLES

Pick an experienced and established manager with the right credentials at the highest level.
RED
RED
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:49 am

He's a Juventus legend and he plays 3-5-2 (I think he wants to change this though). He still has unfinished business with them.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 11:55 am

Now I dont want this Ancheloddi.. Mad The old man simply wont suit us. He is kinda like Mou. May grant us short time success. But in the next 3 years where its rumoured that the club will go to a more younger managers hands, it will go just like this., with absolutely no improvement.
He is a mehdrid/psg/chelsea type coach and will always be, who recruit heavy weights and wont give a sh!t to home grown talents and young players.

So stay clear ffs Carlo.

But I think I can see it. His appointment at the end of may. :facepalm:
Fergie want him more than LVG Mad

the fact that LVG will only be available after the world club is a huge shitfek pale ... The board would not be willing to wait that long.  Crying or Very sad

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:36 pm

sign him up, clearly states he misses coaching a club
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:19 pm

You do realize that van Gaal is older than Ancelotti, right?

And for the final time, please read the revised rules. There's a reason they've been made a global announcement.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Busby Babe Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:35 pm

Regardless, the club view the next manager to be short-term, so age is not a contributing factor. The club are also of the opinion that we need to rebuild, which, imo, LvG will do well at even if he if he does fall out with everyone in the end. Saying that, I don't think he's many of ours first choice, he is available and experienced though.
Busby Babe
Busby Babe
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RedOranje Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:45 pm

I simply fail to see how one can complain about Ancelotti potentially arriving because he's an "old man" who will need to be replaced in the short term but then suggest van Gaal as a better option when he's nearly a decade older and comes with much of the same (or arguably worse) baggage.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Glory Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:00 pm

RedOranje wrote:I simply fail to see how one can complain about Ancelotti potentially arriving because he's an "old man" who will need to be replaced in the short term but then suggest van Gaal as a better option when he's nearly a decade older and comes with much of the same (or arguably worse) baggage.

lol you are saying as if I said anjelotty is older than van gaal. Now I know Van gaal is an old man too ffs.  :facepalm: 

What I meant is (which btw is the view shared by majority here as well ) that LVG is a better short term fix and has a record of developing a team better so that the subsequent manager can inherit it and take it forward and achieve greater things. he has a better record of working with youngsters on top of that.
Plus his so called 'baggage' is actually a good thing for us. Someone with an abrasive character can really lift this team after the mess created by moyes.

please read before criticizing blindly.

Glory
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by vizkosity Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:16 pm

RedOranje wrote:

And for the final time, please read the revised rules.  There's a reason they've been made a global announcement.
i'm confused...
vizkosity
vizkosity
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next