Hawky
Winter is Coming
Donuts
BarrileteCosmico
34 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Who would you rather face?

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap22%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 22% 
[ 5 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap13%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 13% 
[ 3 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap26%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 26% 
[ 6 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap17%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 17% 
[ 4 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap4%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 4% 
[ 1 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]
Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_lcap9%Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Vote_rcap 9% 
[ 2 ]

Total Votes : 23

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Empty Re: Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:36 pm

If there is one big negativity for this game, it's the not going for the kill.

Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16 - Page 7 Empty Re: Barcelona - ManC, Champions League Round 16

Post by eelir Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:36 pm

we were lucky with the ref. It should not have been a penalty. He did not see it was outside the box.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 pm

i tuned in, in the 70th minute and noticed we had zero intensity when we had the ball..
nonetheless 2-0 is a fantastic win away from home.
Tata :bow:
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:37 pm

eelir wrote:we were lucky with the ref. It should not have been a penalty. He did not see it was outside the box.
Lucky with the ref? Where does this blinders come from?  Laughing 

Should have been 0-4 with correct refereeing.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Winter is Coming Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 pm

I don't know why were shit away from home since 2008 this is our third win away from home in CL KO stages.
Winter is Coming
Winter is Coming
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:39 pm

In the replays it was not a penalty. Demichelis knicked Messi outside the box. The refereing (bar the penalty) was going both ways to be honest.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:47 pm

Alves had so bad game, but he probably decided the tie.  :bow: 
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:49 pm

@Harmonica- I saw the picture of Cesc's offside which was not. So let's say the ref evened it out.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:49 pm

Cesc was not offside.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:09 pm

I agree. I used a bad language in the previous post.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:16 pm

Lets be more clear and serious. We only won becos of that red card. Im not saying we didnt deserve it or that we were crap, but I was overall disappointed.

Firstly we played the same whole game in all of our CL first legs, cautious, and with Cesc and Iniesta bunch up. Thats always the big game safe option lineup. Our strats are the same. I was to a point depressed thinking here we again, we so often we should take more risks and playh the blal up and counter faster, instead of being safe and waiting for opposition to set their defense, but it just seems we ALWAYS like to do this in these types of game. Even after Man C down to 10, we didnt change!!!

Overall, due to whatever reason, we just didnt really kill the game and almost conceded on a few occasions. We should have done MUCH better under the circumstances. 2-0 is good but in the circumstances, im not satisfied, which is rare for me for this team Razz

If we are like this vs say Bayern, we may get raped again Sad
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:18 pm

The penalty was not a penalty (still a red since it was a tackle on the last man) but on the other hand the offisde called was not offside, so 0-2 is a fair score. Couldn't be happier with the score. Now with the decision to play Iniesta on the wing, might have been that we wanted to ensure possession or to take advantage of Iniesta's great form. Either way in my opinion it was much more egregious to start Alba than to bench Pedro. Great score, good game, 2 away goals and a clean sheet is all anyone could ask for.

Where are the hater now?  eco smile 
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:19 pm

More importantly, we are going into the second match with a healthy lead, also we are going to force them to play out instead of parking the buss.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:20 pm

Also still haven't watched the full game, but people keep asking why Alba over Adriano, I think tata's logic was behind the fact that Navas is too quick for Adriano.. just a thought though.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Twoism Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:26 pm

BarcaLearning wrote:Lets be more clear and serious. We only won becos of that red card. Im not saying we didnt deserve it or that we were crap, but I was overall disappointed.

Firstly we played the same whole game in all of our CL first legs, cautious, and with Cesc and Iniesta bunch up. Thats always the big game safe option lineup. Our strats are the same. I was to a point depressed thinking here we again, we so often we should take more risks and playh the blal up and counter faster, instead of being safe and waiting for opposition to set their defense, but it just seems we ALWAYS like to do this in these types of game. Even after Man C down to 10, we didnt change!!!

Overall, due to whatever reason, we just didnt really kill the game and almost conceded on a few occasions. We should have done MUCH better under the circumstances. 2-0 is good but in the circumstances, im not satisfied, which is rare for me for this team Razz

You just won 2-0 against BPL best team away, with billions of oil money and hardly broke a sweat. Look at your team records away in England and be happy with team performance. Tata got it right with tactics and selection imo, he was not kidding about that possession. Anyways ughh fans these days.
Twoism
Twoism
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Twoism wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Lets be more clear and serious. We only won becos of that red card. Im not saying we didnt deserve it or that we were crap, but I was overall disappointed.

You just won 2-0 against BPL best team away, with billions of oil money and hardly broke a sweat. Look at your team records away in England and be happy with team performance. Tata got it right with tactics and selection imo, he was not kidding about that possession. Anyways ughh fans these days.
truth be told, the Barca fans these days find anything to moan and be emotional, despite a good victory.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:11 pm

Donuts wrote:Also still haven't watched the full game, but people keep asking why Alba over Adriano, I think tata's logic was behind the fact that Navas is too quick for Adriano.. just a thought though.

Highly doubt it. For one, I dont think anyone could be sure Navas would start.

Second, Adriano is only fractionally "slower" than Alba.

Overall, it wasnt a great performance but I will gladly take the 2-0.

I do think starting Iniesta on the left was a mistake, regardless of the score. But a bigger mistake was the slowness is subs.

Pedro doesnt often give the ball away, so I dont really understand why he was taken out under the guise of "more possession". But more annoying was how we clearly couldnt penetrate them and no changes were made because we scored a goal...which really had nothing to do with our formation or team selection.

After that, clearly we settled for the 0-1 even though we should of been going for the kill. Martino showed a level of fear there and so did the team. The sub he did make was a bad one for 2 reasons.

1. Alexis coming out meant nobody doing any dirty work at the front. Runs in behind, pressing and tackling all gone when he left.

2. Neymar cant play on the right, I seen this already but I can forgive Martino for not having done so..but its almost common sense no? He doesnt want to dribble inside toward goal on his left foot? I am glad he combined with Alves for the second goal, but I am very sure its an uncomfortable position for him.

For me, Pedro for Alexis made more sense if you wanted to specifically remove Alexis.

But the better sub again, would of been Neymar/Pedro for one of Xavi/Cesc..its obvious who I think should of been the one.

Anyway, thats all negative and the result itself was very positive. I felt like we defended reasonable well..for us anyway. Better than I expected from the likes of Pique and Alba. Mascherano did well doing the bulk of the work defending the physical Negredo but I couldnt ignore a couple of over zealous silly fouls.

The pressing was reasonable, at times very good. I feel like the midfield is no longer arriving late like before and we force more long passes the defence can cover up. Couple times Messi didnt press the middle, Alexis did, leaving the leftback open..which forced either a midfielder across/Alves out and Pique wide..which obviously isnt ideal.

Bottom line, I said this Man City game would be a good test to see Martino's and the teams level. I cant say im impressed with what the saw but cant argue the result.

I would like to also say I was mightly impressed (not for the first time) with Fernandinho and second to that David Silva.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:13 pm

Finally someone who talks about the match Thumbs up ...aren't we done beating the dead horse with the refereeing?

Leave that to the general section pls.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:24 pm

Agreed, Pedro should have come for Fàbregas towards the 60-65th mark. Cesc was pretty tired after 70th minute and didn't contribute as much as he did prior to that.

Barcelona could have and should have buried the game after the red card. I don't understand the overly slow and pointless possession playing that doesn't create anything but gets you caught on the counter.

I didn't like Alba one bit, I mean compared to Abidal he really is turd. He passed the ball back like a grenade at all times and didn't want to take any responsibility all game. Also choked every time he was under pressure, which luckily for him City didn't press him for long periods. But I'm looking down the road and I see it happening in the future...

Piqué also weak and looks confused on reading trajectories. Nothing new but losing headers to Silva? Pffft...

Alves played well although the first 10-20 minutes (until he got the yellow) he was messy. He played more maturely after that. Busquets too, he seems to play well in big matches. Didn't put a foot wrong to be honest.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:26 pm

I agree neymar shouldn't of been on the right, but honestly it looked like Tata told the team to exploit their LB who seemed to play horrible.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:41 pm

danyjr wrote:

I didn't like Alba one bit, I mean compared to Abidal he really is turd. He passed the ball back like a grenade at all times and didn't want to take any responsibility all game. Also choked every time he was under pressure, which luckily for him City didn't press him for long periods. But I'm looking down the road and I see it happening in the future...

Forgot to speak on that, thats true. That's one of my biggest problems with his game..maybe even more than defence. He has an aura of failure and fear all around him, its ingrained in his game.

His passes look unsure, he is very quick to go long when pressured and we didnt see it today, but its common place in big games to lose the ball, proceed to dive, fake injury and not get up and help when its clear he isnt getting that call.

Dani Alves is a master of faking injury himself, but never does he do it when if he doesnt get the call, the defence is left exposed.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:42 pm

In fairness we did generate 3 more chances after the red card, whereas before the red card I believe we only had one shot on target (a long range Xavi shot iirc). Messi was pretty much kept in Kompany's pocket for most of the match and had very little influence. He had to drop to Busquet's level to get the ball during the first half.

I agree with the discussion of the subs. In my opinion it should have been Neymar for Cesc and moving Iniesta back to midfield (as I posted earlier) and Pedro for Alexis. But I find it hard to be overly critical considering the result and how ecstatic I am with it.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:43 pm

Donuts wrote:I agree neymar shouldn't of been on the right, but honestly it looked like Tata told the team to exploit their LB who seemed to play horrible.

Indeed, Clichy looked very bad. He had probably their best chance when he was free down the left and his scuffed a cross badly to Valdes with many options in the box and just looked devoid of confidence.

If anything, Messi should of gone out there, not Neymar though.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Not with City's defense (Even cesc should have a field day with Demichellis and Clichy) and the lack of Aguero.
:coffee:
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by barcaholic Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:49 pm

Donuts wrote:I agree neymar shouldn't of been on the right, but honestly it looked like Tata told the team to exploit their LB who seemed to play horrible.

I thought so too. Using neymar in the right to link with alves was a smart move by tata to exploit a weakness there. in the few minutes he played he set up a chance to messi and made an assist to alves. very good game reading and he deserves credit for it.
barcaholic
barcaholic
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:52 pm

barcaholic wrote:

I thought so too. Using neymar in the right to link with alves was a smart move by tata to exploit a weakness there. in the few minutes he played he set up a chance to messi and made an assist to alves. very good game reading and he deserves credit for it.

I would go as far as to say, it being Neymar had almost nothing to do with it. It was a pretty routine 1-2 which Alexis, Pedro..or any of our midfielders/forwards really (probably not Tello) could of pulled off.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next