alexjanosik
la bestia negra
Madvillain
The Sanchez
Albiceleste
22 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 Empty [Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:09 am

Barcelona's Squad Vs Leverkusen: 20 players including Cuenca and 6 B-Team players [Tello, S.Roberto, Jds, Bartra, Montoya, Muniesa]

Injured players: Abidal, Alexis, Puyol, Thiago, Villa, Fontas and Afellay.

Lineups, predictions, discussion

¤ Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 14 matches in european competitions [13CL, 1 USC]: 12W, 2D | Goals: 40-9 [Club record: 17].

¤ Guardiola's Barcelona Vs German Clubs: 5 matches [3W, 2D, 0L] | Goals:13-3 [+10].

¤ Barcelona Stats in Champions League this season: 6W, 1D, 0L || Goals: 23-5 [+18]

My Lineup:
Valdes
Alves Masche Pique Adriano
Xavi Busquets Cesc
Pedro Messi Iniesta

Might see Keita starting too, especially after his performance vs Gijon.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 07, 2012 6:54 am

Should see Fabregas and Inestia swap during the match though I don't think Keita will start. Thiago is out still so another start for Cesc. Hoping for a good game! Same lineup as Abli and 3-0 will be the result
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

[Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12 Empty Re: [Champions League] Barcelona vs Bayer Leverkusen - 3/7/12

Post by Madvillain Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 am

Damn, I really hate seeing that 'injured players' list grow again. Hope next season will be much better in that regard.

Anyway, Barça obviously should be winning this but we have to be aware of some possible complacency acting up.
Madvillain
Madvillain
Starlet
Starlet

http://thvnderbvrst.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by la bestia negra Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:09 am

Destroy them Twisted Evil
la bestia negra
la bestia negra
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by alexjanosik Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:10 pm

Albiceleste wrote:Barcelona's Squad Vs Leverkusen: 20 players including Cuenca and 6 B-Team players [Tello, S.Roberto, Jds, Bartra, Montoya, Muniesa]

Injured players: Abidal, Alexis, Puyol, Thiago, Villa, Fontas and Afellay.

Lineups, predictions, discussion

¤ Barcelona are unbeaten in their last 14 matches in european competitions [13CL, 1 USC]: 12W, 2D | Goals: 40-9 [Club record: 17].

¤ Guardiola's Barcelona Vs German Clubs: 5 matches [3W, 2D, 0L] | Goals:13-3 [+10].

¤ Barcelona Stats in Champions League this season: 6W, 1D, 0L || Goals: 23-5 [+18]

My Lineup:
Valdes
Alves Masche Pique Adriano
Xavi Busquets Cesc
Pedro Messi Iniesta

Might see Keita starting too, especially after his performance vs Gijon.

Puyol too injured :facepalm:
I am sick and tired of Spain mooching off of Barca's success and in return our players get injured.
All the clubs should get together and decide that the national teams will pay player salaries during international duty.
That will put an end to these stupid useless internationals.

alexjanosik
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Mar 07, 2012 2:12 pm

On the other hand some players see it as an honour and not an obligation.
I’m all the way with you though.
For me personally Barca’s success >>>>>>>>>>>>
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:05 pm

Iniesta as a winger? I might even prefer to see Cesc as a forward than that... his contribution as a midfielder is invaluable.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:09 pm

According to sport, that got the lineup correct though not the tactics the last match, we'll play:

VV
Alves, Machete, Pique, Adriano
Xavi Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Cesc

I would go with:

VV
Alves Machete Pique Adriano
Cesc Busquets Iniesta
Pedro Messi Cuenca

I don't think Xavi is playing very well lately and he can use some rest to recover. We could even consider testing some B player, perhaps Bartra or Muniesa in defence, as we are almost sure through. Tello in the second half for Cuenca or Pedro.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Blackmore. Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:35 pm

Fantastic footy, this.
Blackmore.
Blackmore.
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:42 pm

Brace for Messi in the first half, this tie is well and truly over.

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:46 pm

xavi looking tired. no?
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamdyman Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:06 pm

The story so far....just around the hour mark,

6 -0 Messi with a majestic set of goals! Iniesta looking like a real MAC ! Tello scores TWO in Champions league !!

Popcorn never tasted this good Chaka
Hamdyman
Hamdyman
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Albiceleste Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

5 goals, you can't describe this man. Best player of all time

Albiceleste
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:37 pm

Tello!!!!
What a surprise!!
If only he didn't miss that last chance... :bow:
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:45 pm

Brilliant game for Barca and so glad Messi is scoring dozens of goals again. He is such an ispiration to watch. We absolutely flogged them and was good to see Munisea play a couple of minutes as well.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr_Puyol Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:49 pm

Messi should take every la liga game before a CL game off.
Mr_Puyol
Mr_Puyol
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:52 pm

10-2.
An indign result for a Champions League last 16 round. We played great, but this Leverkusen people are quite a lame team and his coach a kamikaze with that high line.

Messi is just of this world, he has scored 10 goals in 3 matches! Very Happy He will shut up anyone who ever doubted. Once he finishes his career, no one will doubt he was the best player in history. His third goal was simply amazing.

Tello felt like a fish in the water with Leverkusen high line. He is so fast! In his first goal, he outran every Leverkusen player as if he was going for a walk! He was a bit lucky with his second and should have passed to Pedro in his third opportunity, though. I guess it was Pedro's fault, he is always at fault for everything and plays horribly. I give Pedro a -8 today.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Mar 07, 2012 9:59 pm

ME55I :bow: Good that Pep subbed off Xavi and Iniesta when the game was won. Rested Messi is epic.

free_cat wrote:He was a bit lucky with his second and should have passed to Pedro in his third opportunity, though. I guess it was Pedro's fault, he is always at fault for everything and plays horribly. I give Pedro a -8 today.

Good that he didn't pass because Pedro didn't deserve goal. Another bad game by Pedro even in a game like this he was poor. He shouldn't start. Great that Pedro with his sloppy passes and poor touch didn't score and you won't hype him :dance:
matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:04 pm

Messi is just ruthless....doesnt let up regardless of the score..just brutal, almost cruel performance.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:11 pm

matpol wrote:ME55I :bow: Good that Pep subbed off Xavi and Iniesta when the game was won. Rested Messi is epic.

free_cat wrote:He was a bit lucky with his second and should have passed to Pedro in his third opportunity, though. I guess it was Pedro's fault, he is always at fault for everything and plays horribly. I give Pedro a -8 today.

Good that he didn't pass because Pedro didn't deserve goal. Another bad game by Pedro even in a game like this he was poor. He shouldn't start. Great that Pedro with his sloppy passes and poor touch didn't score and you won't hype him :dance:

:lol!: If you really think that Pedro played bad tonight, you know very little of football or your judgement is clouded by your hate to Pedro. And I mean that 100%. A pity.
It's quite lame also that you wish that Tello didn't pass it to Pedro so he couldn't score. I'm not a Keita fan, and I'm happy everytime he scores, because he is from my team. Guess you just support Barça partially.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by matpol Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:17 pm

I don't like Pedro and won't hide that. He wasn't good tonight. If you think that was good performance by him it shows how bad Pedro is in this season when you hail tonight performance as good. Pedro won't make Euro 2012 roster. Hopefully Pedro will put better performance on weekend, I don't like him but don't hate him too, he should improve because Sanchez, Villa and Afellay are out so Pep has no options but start him. Improve Tenerife Boy Smile

Good that Adriano was subbed off so he didn't get any injury. He is even more injury prone than Alexis.

matpol
matpol
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:23 pm

Well, you should rewatch the game and see who was stretching Leverkusen highline everytime (was called a couple of non existant offsides). Look how he linked up and barely lost a ball. Looked his one-twos with Messi in Messi's 3rd or his cross that Keita couldn't tap in. He had a good match, but unlucky not to score a couple of goals and get an assist, but his performance was good and he look fast and sharp. I think he is back to almost his full level and in the next games he will show it clearly.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by billionmillion Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:32 pm

needs just 7 goals to be barcelona's all time top scorer
billionmillion
billionmillion
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:44 pm

I had to admit that Fabregas was great and swapped a few times with Inestia from left forward to midfield. He played exceptional. He is improving alot and its good to see.
http://www.skysports.com/tv_show/story/0,,12385_7575098,00.html is a great interview about his season so far and how much Guardiola has 'created' a great future for him since arriving at Barcelona. He mentions that his last 4 games since 3-2 loss to Osuanna, he has improved.
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:50 pm

The Franchise wrote:Messi is just ruthless....doesnt let up regardless of the score..just brutal, almost cruel performance.

That comment just reminded me of pederneras river plate of the 40s. Along with other greats like di stefano they would score 5 goal and then stop just to avoid really humilliating their opponent, class
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum