Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

+51
animal.crackers
vanos1
cyberman
eelir
FennecFox7
Harmonica
Kaladin
juventus101
Eivindo
elm_baraja_shaman
Rebaño Sagrado
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
M99
Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Doc
RealGunner
Zealous
El Jefe
Casciavit
Adit
harhar11
7amood11
halamadrid2
dronte
Valkyrja
Cassius
andiii
sportsczy
Art Morte
Ion Creanga
billy_gr
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
Omniscient
Beautiful Football
Peccadillo
nichabr
Luca
Mr Nick09
punkfusion1992
lszanto
LeBéninois
BORUSSIA!!
DeviAngel
The_Badger
Freeza
Donuts
Tomwin Lannister
55 posters

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 4 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm

harhar11 wrote:
andiii wrote:are you allowed to put your arm in someones face? no
are you allowed to dive? no

there's your awnser, they're both wrong. but chiellini's was a) at least dangerous in some way unlike ronaldos dive, and b) goalscoring opportunity is subjective
Using this arguement, you think that T.Motta was correctly sent off against Barca in the semi-final, right? I mean, it's almost the same situation. T.Motta looks over his shoulder to see where Busquets is, put his hand in Busquets face, Busquets feels the contact and starts to exagerate to get T.Motta sent off. Just change Busquets with C.Ronaldo and T.Motta with Chiellini and it's the same situation..
the difference is that Ronaldo was on the point of getting 1v1 with Buffon

Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 4 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:29 pm

harhar11 wrote:

there's your awnser, they're both wrong. but chiellini's was a) at least dangerous in some way unlike ronaldos dive, and b) goalscoring opportunity is subjective
Using this arguement, you think that T.Motta was correctly sent off against Barca in the semi-final, right? I mean, it's almost the same situation. T.Motta looks over his shoulder to see where Busquets is, put his hand in Busquets face, Busquets feels the contact and starts to exagerate to get T.Motta sent off. Just change Busquets with C.Ronaldo and T.Motta with Chiellini and it's the same situation..
firstly, i agree. motta had no business putting his hand in busquets face. yellow card yes. but ronaldo was in a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better position. therefore, not the same situation. chiellini is a bit more deserving of cards, whether they're red or yellow. i'm sorry but pitch position and stuff is very important in this
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:34 pm

andiii wrote:
harhar11 wrote:

firstly, i agree. motta had no business putting his hand in busquets face. yellow card yes. but ronaldo was in a waaaaaaaaaaaaaay better position. therefore, not the same situation. chiellini is more deserving of cards, whether they're red or yellow

IIRC, there doesn't a exist a rule that state that a player should be sent off for being the last man. I belive that the rule is denying a goalscoring opportunity, which Chiellini didn't do..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 pm

last man = goal scoring opportunity, for the most part
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 pm

andiii wrote:last man = goal scoring opportunity, for the most part
Not always. You can be the last man while at the same time be somewhere around the corner and, IMO, for me that's not a goalscoring opportunity seeing as you literally have no angle to shot at.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:02 pm

I haven't seen the incident again, but I'll try to recall what I remember seeing last night. It had seemed like Ronaldo had a change of pace and Chiellini knew he wasn't going to catch up. I mean Chiellini wasn't going for the ball he just wanted to stop Ronaldo.

As a result he put his arm in front of Ronaldo, it was a soft touch IMO and CR clearly overreacted and dived.

I think it should have been a free kick and MAYBE a yellow at most.

A red card was definitely harsh.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:32 pm

harhar11 wrote:
andiii wrote:last man = goal scoring opportunity, for the most part
Not always. You can be the last man while at the same time be somewhere around the corner and, IMO, for me that's not a goalscoring opportunity seeing as you literally have no angle to shot at.
watch his first goal. Dimarias goal vs sevilla also come to mind of goals being near the edge ibras vs austria(not this qualifier) etc

but ronaldo would most likely have been 1v1 and most possibly would have scored. it wasn't even on the edge of the box ffs even benz could score if he came 1v1 there but he probably wouldn't have anyways
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:42 pm

lets pray for chiellini, out thugging Pepe in a game of football is a feat only he and diego costa have accomplished
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:44 pm

does anyone know the collective Madrid XI and bench price compared to the price of the starting XI for Juve and our bench last night? Be really interesting to know.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:lets pray for chiellini, out thugging Pepe in a game of football is a feat only he and diego costa have accomplished
Vidal out thuggs all of them combined lmao

Pepe knows he can lose his place with one red or yellow card accumulation Laughing dat indirect threat
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:46 pm

our team is worth like a billion, yours wouldnt even pay CR's wages
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:46 pm

Cassius wrote:this Chiellini is a thug thing is getting way out of hand lol.

He's probably got the best gamesmanship out of 99% of defenders out there. Yeah hes dirty, he'll try many tricks to stop you but once your down he'll help you back up and shake your hand and doesnt pussy out or start acting out when he receives the same treatment.. Unlike 99% of the rest who will beat you, chop you down, intentionally go out to hurt you and act as if nothing has been done. Why people cant distinguish between a thug and gamesmanship is baffling. Mexes is more of a thug than chiellini ever is but no one goes round saying hes got a rep and is a thug, same with De jong ect.

They Just dont make em like Giorgio anymore :coffee:
Really after his "Doesn't belong in football" quote getting another player suspended when he has done the same shit to players over the years and worse as a matter of fact you say he can take the same treatment?

They do actually he is of the same vein as every other defender who makes up for their lack of talent by being violent. Horrible player that always cost Juventus and is still somehow loved by so much fans.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:49 pm

Mr Nick09 wrote:our team is worth like a billion, yours wouldnt even pay CR's wages
And it took a penalty, a man sent off and favorable calls all night to scrape by past our team thats worth less than Ronaldo's wages in your opinion.

Juve Proud
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:53 pm

Cassius wrote:does anyone know the collective Madrid XI and bench price compared to the price of the starting XI for Juve and our bench last night? Be really interesting to know.
Dont know abou juves but this is madrids if memory serves me right ( all in euros)
Iker 0mills
Arbeloa 9mill (??)
Pepe 30mill
Ramos 30mill
Marcelo 10 mill (??)
Illaramendi 32mill
Modric 40mills
Khedira 15 mills
DiMaria 25 mill
Benz 35 mill
Ronaldo 96 mill

bench

Casemiro 5mill
Bale 100mill (??)
Isco 27 mill
Varane 10mills
Lopez 5mills
Nacho 0 mills
Morata 0 mills
Carvajal 1.5 mills
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:57 pm

nichabr, what part did Chiellogod play in getting mexes suspended? being punched in the head for no reason.

Just think about that for a second. And show me what he has done worse than punching a man in the head from behind.

Milan fans will jump at any chance to hate on the God of defending. shocking.

Thanks Hala.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:58 pm

Cassius wrote:
Mr Nick09 wrote:our team is worth like a billion, yours wouldnt even pay CR's wages
And it took a penalty, a man sent off and favorable calls all night to scrape by past our team thats worth less than Ronaldo's wages in your opinion.

Juve Proud
we started with a man less please go

carlo obviously has a soft spot for juve which is why he started arbeloa and benzema to scrap a victory

jokes aside Juve played really well and deserved better looking forward to the return leg Proud
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:02 pm

Dat Italian love Proud

I know, im just messin with you all too. was a really good match, i thought we were going to nick a point when Gio was through but he didnt pull the trigger.

Expect a rough time at the juve arena, hopefully we'll be fully fit and fully inform to make it another classic game.

Straight red mean Chiello will miss the game right?
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:07 pm

yep unless you guys appeal and it becomes successful

with that red I am expecting a gala like atmosphere in turin. hopefully we play our best line up and carlo doesn't "rotate" which in other words means playing the older guys over the young despite the latter being superior

I have a feeling we will just sit back and counter instead of playing our own game
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by El Jefe Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:08 pm

I'd have given a free kick at most. Turned over as soon as this happened.
El Jefe
El Jefe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:11 pm

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 4 Gtdeaevv1or7

He's not even looking at the ball lol, he denied what a could have been a clear scoring opportunity. It's probably a yellow though but I'm not the ref and Cheillini didn't exactly put himself in a good position.

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:23 pm

Lmfao at that sig! :bow:

to me it looks like ronaldo's lost the ball there after he knocks it on. lets be real guys, chiellini barley touched him. ronaldo tried to blitz past him, knocked it too far, chiello got his body in the way and then with an arm flailing just about touching ronaldo he then falls over due to feeling a bit of pressure on his shoulder clasping his face.

A foul if anything imo, see defenders using their bodies as shields every game. I mean chiellini doesnt even grab ronaldo, theres no contact bar a 1 second arm touching ronaldo but he falls asif hit by a sniper.

Busquets has been overtook imo.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:26 pm

Lost the ball? lmao if Ronaldo lost the ball Cheillini wouldn't have tried to impede him. Anyone who saw the incident live knew Ronaldo would have reached it with the speed he was running at.

But honestly I wish he (Cheillini) wasn't sent off, with the way he was playing last night he probably would have given us another penalty or two.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:34 pm

Cheillini knew Ronaldo had him. Ronaldo's turn of speed at that time was unreal. 85% it would have resulted in a goal had he actually not been impeded.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:40 pm

Just sayin, theres no actual proof ronaldo would have got on the end of the knock on before chiellini if he hadnt shamefully dived.

I agree he was impeded a bit but its a physical game, that was probably the least chiellini could of done to him. no need to fall like that.

Looking forward to the return game anyway.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm

Its a physical game of course but putting hands on the face and pulling shirt is not the way..he could always out run Ronaldo or at least try to slide tackle the ball away..but he couldnt and he decided to foul...its all on Cheillini.
Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Cassius wrote:Just sayin, theres no actual proof ronaldo would have got on the end of the knock on before chiellini if he hadnt shamefully dived.

I agree he was impeded a bit but its a physical game, that was probably the least chiellini could of done to him. no need to fall like that.

Looking forward to the return game anyway.
What proof could you possibly need besides using your eyes? confused
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next