Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

+51
animal.crackers
vanos1
cyberman
eelir
FennecFox7
Harmonica
Kaladin
juventus101
Eivindo
elm_baraja_shaman
Rebaño Sagrado
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
M99
Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Doc
RealGunner
Zealous
El Jefe
Casciavit
Adit
harhar11
7amood11
halamadrid2
dronte
Valkyrja
Cassius
andiii
sportsczy
Art Morte
Ion Creanga
billy_gr
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
Omniscient
Beautiful Football
Peccadillo
nichabr
Luca
Mr Nick09
punkfusion1992
lszanto
LeBéninois
BORUSSIA!!
DeviAngel
The_Badger
Freeza
Donuts
Tomwin Lannister
55 posters

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 7 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:38 pm

Finally, thanks for admitting it. Knew you'd get there Thumbs up 

Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 7 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:39 pm

Swagg wrote:
Zealous wrote:
Cassius wrote:Proud
Swagg hates Ronaldo (and probably isn't that big a Madrid fan anyway) his opinion is worthless here.
What does me hating Cristiano have to do with anything? How is that a red card? There was no follow through what so ever with the elbow ffs

And why am I not that big of a Madrid fan now? Laughing
He wasn't sent off for violent conduct.

As for the second point you like Benzema but hate Ronaldo, there is something earth shatterringly wrong there lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:40 pm

Chiellini isnt a thug. Like it or not, that "red card" shoupdnt have even been a foul. First of all there was no malicious intent. Ronaldo is obviously faster than Chiellini so Chiellini put his arm across Ronaldos chest, and Ronaldos own flailing arms brought Chiellinis arm up into his face. And it wasnt hard at all, and it wasnt a direct goalscoring opportunity, and that tackle happens in almost every game. And Ronaldo was holdingtbhe wrong side of his face. Do I really need to go on? It wasnt even a foul much less a straight red.

And the penalty? Again, those types of tugging battles happen in almost every game in Italy. But since Chiellini uses his strength to his advantage hes a thug? A thug is someone with malicious intent. Chiellini NEVER has any. In Italy its not a penalty. In the CL I guess it is but I dont think its a coincidence that the ref favored Real all night and they called that.

Vidal seemed to really just kick the hell out of the ground and maybe was just trying to blame someone else out of embarassment. He obviously wasnt diving cuz he was in full control of the ball with no threatening challenges coming in, while in an extremwely good position. Obviously still wrong to blame someone else, but its not like it got called so what does it matter?

And I love how people are going on about Chiellini being a thug even rhough Ramos was the one taking out Juve players legs from behind all game. And he somehow didnt even get a hard until the 85th minute.

We got screwed. Simple as that.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:41 pm

BTW, LOL @ your sig Zealous. Laughing
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:44 pm

The Awesome wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Not that I see this Chiellini debate as relevant, but Cavani actually elbowed Chiellini before Chiellini followed him around and pulled his hair.

Was a GOAT battle though, need more of that and less playacting.
I agree.

Only thing with rough housing is that if one approves of if then play acting must be allowed then. You can't have one without the other. To me cheating is cheating all the same.
I agree.

But its kinda sad to see grown men 6ft+ and 13 stone+ falling to the ground at slight contact. More understandable to a player 5ft 5 that weight 8 stone piss wet through.

This is why messi is the champ. small player get roughhoused, stays on his feet.
Ronaldo.. 6ft+ muscular beast falls like he's been critically hit from a hyperbeam when a hand touches his shoulder.

Both should be allowed but to a degree. If i could choose one id much prefare to see rough housing rather than play acting. this is sport, not the theatre.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:58 pm

If Chiellini isn't a thug, then Mexes is a saint
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:01 pm

juventus101 wrote:Chiellini isnt a thug. Like it or not, that "red card" shoupdnt have even been a foul. First of all there was no malicious intent. Ronaldo is obviously faster than Chiellini so Chiellini put his arm across Ronaldos chest, and Ronaldos own flailing arms brought Chiellinis arm up into his face. And it wasnt hard at all, and it wasnt a direct goalscoring opportunity, and that tackle happens in almost every game. And Ronaldo was holdingtbhe wrong side of his face. Do I really need to go on? It wasnt even a foul much less a straight red.

And the penalty? Again, those types of tugging battles happen in almost every game in Italy. But since Chiellini uses his strength to his advantage hes a thug? A thug is someone with malicious intent. Chiellini NEVER has any. In Italy its not a penalty. In the CL I guess it is but I dont think its a coincidence that the ref favored Real all night and they called that.

Vidal seemed to really just kick the hell out of the ground and maybe was just trying to blame someone else out of embarassment. He obviously wasnt diving cuz he was in full control of the ball with no threatening challenges coming in, while in an extremwely good position. Obviously still wrong to blame someone else, but its not like it got called so what does it matter?

And I love how people are going on about Chiellini being a thug even rhough Ramos was the one taking out Juve players legs from behind all game. And he somehow didnt even get a hard until the 85th minute.

He kicked the hell out of Marcelo which should of been a straight red but whatever lol

juventus101 wrote:And I love how people are going on about Chiellini being a thug even rhough Ramos was the one taking out Juve players legs from behind all game. And he somehow didnt even get a hard until the 85th minute.

That's because Ramos despite having a brain the size of a chestnut is smart about controlling his ruthless aggression. Cheillini is pretty helpless in this area it seems, so all in all yeah you were screwed but it was a man in a Juve jersey doing the screwing.

Juve's discipline cost them the game, had they came in more focused who knows what may have happened. Our minds were focused on Saturday it was a great chance to catch us.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Zealous, Cristiano dived and rolled around on the ground with other Madrid players flocking to the ref to say Chiellini elbowed him i the face to get him sent off.

how is that chiellini's mistake?

It was the refs incompetence that ruined the game more than anything.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:07 pm

It was diving and playacting, it wasn't a red, it probably decided the game. It's normal with Ronaldo and Madrid, but why exactly is there 9 pages about it?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:14 pm

Harmonica wrote:It was diving and playacting, it wasn't a red, it probably decided the game. It's normal with Ronaldo and Madrid, but why exactly is there 9 pages about it?
Same reason Pique's Handball against Chelsea in 2009.

Same reason as Pepe's Red Card against Barca in 2011.

It's controversial.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:17 pm

The Awesome wrote:
Harmonica wrote:It was diving and playacting, it wasn't a red, it probably decided the game. It's normal with Ronaldo and Madrid, but why exactly is there 9 pages about it?
Same reason Pique's Handball against Chelsea in 2009.

Same reason as Pepe's Red Card against Barca in 2011.

It's controversial.
But there isn't 9 pages of Ballack handball against Barcelona in 2009?

And Pepe's red card was stonewall compared to this.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm

Harmonica wrote:And Pepe's red card was stonewall compared to this.
:coffee: Controversial.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

Cassius wrote:
The Awesome wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:

Not that I see this Chiellini debate as relevant, but Cavani actually elbowed Chiellini before Chiellini followed him around and pulled his hair.

Was a GOAT battle though, need more of that and less playacting.
I agree.

Only thing with rough housing is that if one approves of if then play acting must be allowed then. You can't have one without the other. To me cheating is cheating all the same.
I agree.

But its kinda sad to see grown men 6ft+ and 13 stone+ falling to the ground at slight contact. More understandable to a player 5ft 5 that weight 8 stone piss wet through.

This is why messi is the champ. small player get roughhoused, stays on his feet.
Ronaldo.. 6ft+ muscular beast falls like he's been critically hit from a hyperbeam when a hand touches his shoulder.

Both should be allowed but to a degree. If i could choose one id much prefare to see rough housing rather than play acting. this is sport, not the theatre.
I agree with your first point, but I don't agree with the second.

I prefer going down easy to "rough housing" every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Yes, football is a contact sport, but that doesn't mean that you should go in with to much force, seeing as players will might get hurt. In other words, I prefer diving to tackles like keane vs haaland. A player's health most always come first.

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:21 pm

The Awesome wrote::coffee: Controversial.
But how is this controversial, it happens all the time with Ronaldo and Madrid?
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Awesome Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:25 pm

Harmonica wrote:
The Awesome wrote::coffee: Controversial.
But how is this controversial, it happens all the time with Ronaldo and Madrid?
It doesn't matter who it is, tbh. What matters is that some people (like myself) thought that the ref made the wrong call and it turned out to be a decesive call.
Lord Awesome
Lord Awesome
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:31 pm

Cassius wrote:Zealous, Cristiano dived and rolled around on the ground with other Madrid players flocking to the ref to say Chiellini elbowed him i the face to get him sent off.

how is that chiellini's mistake?

It was the refs incompetence that ruined the game more than anything.
If Cheillini was such a clean defender he would have tried to play the ball, that's not what happened. Seriously just stop and think for a second, the ball was there if he wanted to get it but he decided he should try to stop Ronaldo with his arm instead. Why? Because there was no way he was going to get to that ball before Cristiano sprinting for it.

He impeded a chance illegally as per the Ref. Ignore the claims of elbows or whatever, the ref report said he wasn't sent off for violent conduct anyway so you're not focusing on the relevant issue.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:42 pm

Where have i once said he's clean? never lol read my posts, i say hes anything but clean ffs.

but thats all nothing too because in mine, and many others opinion it wasnt a CLEAR goalscoring chance. Chiellini didnt take him out when he was 1v1 with buffon, he 'impeded' (barley) before that point, which is a yellow at best, but no the ref gives him straight red.

A red was the wrong choice, you even said yourself earlier in this thread that you would have given a yellow.

And that ref report will most likely be bullshit. He got done by the madrid players flocking him showing elbow movements, it was as clear as day.

On another note, why cant Chiellini use his strength, like Ronaldo uses his pace? Its not like he physically grabbed Cron and dragged him back, he just couldnt shake Chiellini off and decided to dive instead of losing out on the battle.

Im not hating on Ronaldo even though he is a fairy, more the ref for falling for his easy ploy.

Edit: im fine with just agreeing to disagree over this now Zealous, i totally understand your point but IMO its not enough to warrent a red card lol and im getting bored. iv moved on and waiting for the next leg of the tie. goodluck to RM even though i hope we smash you Thumbs up
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:00 pm

Fair enough mate. For what it's worth Juve deserve credit for what they did after going down to ten. Tough team no doubt.

We'll probably beat you again in Turin but I hope you guys can still qualify

Spoiler:
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:28 pm

I too wonder how a Real Madrid fan can like Benzema but hate Cristiano. Mind boggling stuff to say the least.

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:46 pm

zealous i like your sig hmm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:53 pm

Cassius wrote:Where have i once said he's clean? never lol read my posts, i say hes anything but clean ffs.

but thats all nothing too because in mine, and many others opinion it wasnt a CLEAR goalscoring chance. Chiellini didnt take him out when he was 1v1 with buffon, he 'impeded' (barley) before that point, which is a yellow at best, but no the ref gives him straight red.

A red was the wrong choice, you even said yourself earlier in this thread that you would have given a yellow.

And that ref report will most likely be bullshit. He got done by the madrid players flocking him showing elbow movements, it was as clear as day.

On another note, why cant Chiellini use his strength, like Ronaldo uses his pace? Its not like he physically grabbed Cron and dragged him back, he just couldnt shake Chiellini off and decided to dive instead of losing out on the battle.

Im not hating on Ronaldo even though he is a fairy, more the ref for falling for his easy ploy.

Edit: im fine with just agreeing to disagree over this now Zealous, i totally understand your point but IMO its not enough to warrent a red card lol and im getting bored. iv moved on and waiting for the next leg of the tie. goodluck to RM even though i hope we smash you Thumbs up
I am actually a little suprised by how little people have mention that. When Barca players does it everyone starts crying about the bad sportmanship and that they should be punished for life, like against PSG after Ibra scored a goal when he was 2m offside, and yet now no one cares about that?

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

Zealous wrote:
Swagg wrote:
Zealous wrote:Swagg hates Ronaldo (and probably isn't that big a Madrid fan anyway) his opinion is worthless here.
What does me hating Cristiano have to do with anything? How is that a red card? There was no follow through what so ever with the elbow ffs

And why am I not that big of a Madrid fan now? Laughing
He wasn't sent off for violent conduct.

As for the second point you like Benzema but hate Ronaldo, there is something earth shatterringly wrong there lol
If he would of did a slide tackle and took him out from the back then ok, but running into him from the side like that? Not a red for me...

I don't 'hate' Cristiano, I just can never be a fan of a guy that throws a fit when he doesn't get a pass that he wants to have a shot at goal... It's ok to get frustrated and do that gesture with your hands that footy players do to show they were open, but to jump around and fling your arms around? That's ridiculous, even more so considering the fact he shoots without passing to his team-mates when he should have A LOT

I'm not a big fan of a lot of players, but when I am (like with Benzema), I ride with them to the end unless they become dirty players.. That's loyalty :coffee:

Last edited by Swagg on Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:56 pm; edited 2 times in total
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

barca fan victim mentality again
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:54 pm

We picked it up from you guys, after all it's an effective tactic. You are the master we are but humble students whose innocence was corrupted by your dark ways.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:19 pm

That's fine if you don't like how ronaldo whines like a baby swagg.

I don't like how benzema misses goals from 2 meters and has the aggression of a squirrel. Fair enough?
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by LeSwagg James Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:23 pm

Giggity5313 wrote:That's fine if you don't like how ronaldo whines like a baby swagg.

I don't like how benzema misses goals from 2 meters and has the aggression of a squirrel. Fair enough?
Fair enough Laughing
LeSwagg James
LeSwagg James
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next