Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

+51
animal.crackers
vanos1
cyberman
eelir
FennecFox7
Harmonica
Kaladin
juventus101
Eivindo
elm_baraja_shaman
Rebaño Sagrado
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
M99
Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Doc
RealGunner
Zealous
El Jefe
Casciavit
Adit
harhar11
7amood11
halamadrid2
dronte
Valkyrja
Cassius
andiii
sportsczy
Art Morte
Ion Creanga
billy_gr
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
Omniscient
Beautiful Football
Peccadillo
nichabr
Luca
Mr Nick09
punkfusion1992
lszanto
LeBéninois
BORUSSIA!!
DeviAngel
The_Badger
Freeza
Donuts
Tomwin Lannister
55 posters

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 3 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

A yellow card, the same as shirt-pulling or blocking someone's run, never a red.

Art Morte
Forum legendest

Back to top Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 3 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:33 am

referee was going by the book.... obstruction in that situation is an automatic yellow and arm towards the face is another yellow. So he went for the straight red.

That said, refs need to pay attention to game situations. I would have given the yellow and told the player that the next foul is a red.

chiellini suffers from the same thing that ramos and pepe do: a very bad reputation. They've all earned it tbh. That's why they get harsher treatment from refs than a normal player would.

They just need to be very careful knowing this.

sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:37 am

imo; chiellini red for an arm in ronaldos face is ok, playing the man not the ball. though in chiellinis defence, personally i'd give just him a yellow as ronaldo dived like a little girl. ronaldo yellow for dive, vidal yellow for dive (and that evidence of him being "kicked" was pathetic btw)

what a bunch of classy players. vidal makes me want to vomit

Last edited by andiii on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am; edited 3 times in total
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:38 am

I don't see how Vidal dived, he clearly kicked the ground and fell from it lol he was complaining for a previous challenge.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am

Omniscient wrote:That was a blatant red card. The filthy thug Chiellini doesn't even bother glancing at the ball, he ran at Ronaldo with the express purpose of stopping him via an arm to the face. I think the footballing world would be better off if Chiellini suffers a career-ending injury.
You must be joking..

That is probably the most ironic statement I have ever read, football forum or not, when you have Sergio Ramos and Pepe as your starting CB's :facepalm: The 2 most thug defenders the world has seen in the past decade.

And the fact you wish a career ending injury on Chiello is a joke. He's far far far away from being a thug. If there were more people in football like chiellini and less like that primadonna Ronaldo the footballing world would be better off.

Rough or not, Giorgio puts in a committed shift game after game, pulls a few shirts, drags a few players down but always smiles and shakes hands after the game but barely goes out to intentionally hurt.

Worst reffing iv seen all season. When Giovinco got clearly fouled outside the box and the ref didnt give it and it cut to Conte roaring in anger and frustration to how shocking that Bundesliga ref was i found myself doing the exact same.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:39 am

i think he kicked it on purpose to make it look like the tackle messed him up. i think he is that dumb
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:41 am

andiii wrote:imo; chiellini red for an arm in ronaldos face, playing the man not the ball. ronaldo yellow for dive, vidal yellow for dive (and that evidence of him being "kicked" was pathetic btw)

what a bunch of classy players. vidal makes me want to vomit
How can a ref possibly give one player a straight red and then a yellow to the 'fouled' player for diving?

On the Vidal incident i have to say it was baffling, all i can thnk if is he got caught up in the game and was claiming for everything and anything. it worked for madrid so who knows.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:43 am

are you allowed to put your arm in someones face? no
are you allowed to dive? no

there's your awnser, they're both wrong. but chiellini's was a) at least dangerous in some way unlike ronaldos dive, and b) goalscoring opportunity is subjective

Last edited by andiii on Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:46 am; edited 1 time in total
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:46 am

so i guess that explains it then...

Tell me, how often have you seen that happen?
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:47 am

not often, football doesn't have legit rules. they're made up on the spot for the most part in these situations
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by andiii Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 am

also i just watched the gif of vidal again. i would bet my house on the fact that he felt some contact then kicked the floor intentionally. watch it in slow mo peeps rofl 
andiii
andiii
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:52 am

Omniscient wrote:That was a blatant red card. The filthy thug Chiellini doesn't even bother glancing at the ball, he ran at Ronaldo with the express purpose of stopping him via an arm to the face. I think the footballing world would be better off if Chiellini suffers a career-ending injury.
You must be kidding no player in the history of football worst than Pepe. This guy not only thug, he is a diver and this guy is CB. His playacting has no limit. Not to mention his "Getafe CF" incident few years back.You want to get rid of this kind of player, OK lets start from your own team. Oh and i never seen you made a thread like "Ok let ban Pepe from Football" Because he is thug.
You shouldn't wish someone to get career-ending injury man, that's ridiculous. Even i don't wish Pepe to get career-ending injury.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:54 am

lmao chiellini deserves a career-ending injury for that challenge? my god some people either hate Juventus or really love Ronaldo that much.
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:55 am

Wait wat? how was chiellini dangerous? Getting laughable how soft football has become. Next time im playing football and a defender puts his arm across my neck for a split second to block me off ill just stop running, roll around as if iv been full on falcon punched and get the player sent off. Yellow at the most.

And on your red for chiellini, yellow for Ronaldo situation i can say I'v never seen anything like that happen before. not for one player fouling and another diving. I agree on that the rules are made up on the spot most of the time though.
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:25 am

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 3 3313497260

Dat primadonna Laughing 

btw, Ronaldo's dive is nothing compared to Vidal's  Laughing

secondly, how could Juve fans say that Chiellini is better than Silva ? Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:35 am

what are you talking about? thats just Ronaldo's mascara streaming off when the waterbottle squirted him.

Still the biggest Primadonna in football :coffee:

Edit: Also its kinda the same way some Madrid fans think Ronaldo is better than Messi Laughing
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by dronte Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:41 am

Valkyrja wrote:Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 3 3313497260

Dat primadonna Laughing 

secondly, how could Juve fans say that Chiellini is better than Silva ? Laughing
OMG Ronaldo has blood on his face, how the f*ck is this related? Doesn't make him a lesser b*tch. If I see him beating up somebody, that would probably change my opinion.

Nothing? Chiellini got a red card for that dive while we got nothing. By the way Vidal was clipped by Illaramendi, that's why he pointed back on him, nothing to do with Vidal insanely kicking the ground (he is not that stupid to think the ref would call it anyways)

dronte
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:44 am

The referee gave the red card for denying a 1v1 I think rather than the elbow to the face
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:47 am

Chiellini is and always has been a thug... good player though.  It's not a surprise that CR7 tried to show him up.... it's not like this was Silva who is the best while playing a very clean game.

Chiellini is dirty and people will be dirty back towards him... refs also know that he's a dirty player and are more likely to think the worse.  You can't have things one way.

Last edited by sportsczy on Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:49 am; edited 2 times in total
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am

Valkyrja wrote:Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 3 3313497260

Dat primadonna Laughing 

Good to see that blood on your face immediately makes you a tough guy Laughing

Vidal fell from kicking the ground and then got up to complain about a previous challenge.

That challenge was a yellow at most, nothing more.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:54 am

It tells you everything you need to know about the person and their agenda when they attempt to defend Vidal's disgusting attempt to win a penalty.

Chiellini was harshly treated, but it's hard to sympathise when, rather than play for the ball, he deliberately looked to foul a player renowned for play acting and diving.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Cassius Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:57 am

this Chiellini is a thug thing is getting way out of hand lol.

He's probably got the best gamesmanship out of 99% of defenders out there. Yeah hes dirty, he'll try many tricks to stop you but once your down he'll help you back up and shake your hand and doesnt pussy out or start acting out when he receives the same treatment.. Unlike 99% of the rest who will beat you, chop you down, intentionally go out to hurt you and act as if nothing has been done. Why people cant distinguish between a thug and gamesmanship is baffling. Mexes is more of a thug than chiellini ever is but no one goes round saying hes got a rep and is a thug, same with De jong ect.

They Just dont make em like Giorgio anymore :coffee:
Cassius
Cassius
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:08 pm

lol, most players after the game shake hands and understand it was just a game of football, chiellini is nothing special, that's some strong coolaid you are drinking there.

But at least you admitted he is a dirty thug on the pitch, just exactly what we said.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by harhar11 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:12 pm

andiii wrote:are you allowed to put your arm in someones face? no

there's your awnser, they're both wrong. but chiellini's was a) at least dangerous in some way unlike ronaldos dive, and b) goalscoring opportunity is subjective
Using this arguement, you think that T.Motta was correctly sent off against Barca in the semi-final, right? I mean, it's almost the same situation. T.Motta looks over his shoulder to see where Busquets is, put his hand in Busquets face, Busquets feels the contact and starts to exagerate to get T.Motta sent off. Just change Busquets with C.Ronaldo and T.Motta with Chiellini and it's the same situation..

harhar11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Adit Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:12 pm

How is that a dive when chiellini did put his elbow to Ronaldo's face ? it is a clear foul and denying an opportunity...the straight red might be harsh but he shouldve got a yellow for the penalty he gave away previously any way.

Adit
Adit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Borussia Mönchengladbach

http://www.realmadridfootballblog.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:23 pm

harhar11 wrote:
andiii wrote:are you allowed to put your arm in someones face? no

Using this arguement, you think that T.Motta was correctly sent off against Barca in the semi-final, right? I mean, it's almost the same situation. T.Motta looks over his shoulder to see where Busquets is, put his hand in Busquets face, Busquets feels the contact and starts to exagerate to get T.Motta sent off. Just change Busquets with C.Ronaldo and T.Motta with Chiellini and it's the same situation..
the difference is that Ronaldo was on the point of getting 1v1 with Buffon
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next