Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

+51
animal.crackers
vanos1
cyberman
eelir
FennecFox7
Harmonica
Kaladin
juventus101
Eivindo
elm_baraja_shaman
Rebaño Sagrado
Lord Awesome
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Onyx
M99
Le Samourai
LeSwagg James
Doc
RealGunner
Zealous
El Jefe
Casciavit
Adit
harhar11
7amood11
halamadrid2
dronte
Valkyrja
Cassius
andiii
sportsczy
Art Morte
Ion Creanga
billy_gr
Vibe
VanDeezNuts
Omniscient
Beautiful Football
Peccadillo
nichabr
Luca
Mr Nick09
punkfusion1992
lszanto
LeBéninois
BORUSSIA!!
DeviAngel
The_Badger
Freeza
Donuts
Tomwin Lannister
55 posters

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:08 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:I believe like many of you that it was a foul.
But none of you are realizing that without Chiellini's arm blocking Ronaldo, it was a clear goalscoring opportunity. You are allowed shoulder to shoulder but Chiellini doesnt do that, the ball was nowhere near where he tackled. He stuck his hand out and it was a foul. It was a clear goalscoring opportunity and hence a red card.
An unpopular opinion but i feel entitled to one
goalscoring ? If the goal was corner they were shoulder to shoulder first, second ronaldo was touching his wrong side of the face. he didn't tackle . Please do post same situation, red card in UCL hell even in La Liga ..

Ancelotti: Chiellini red card changed game
Neta laughed at the red card to, and whole media around the world so please don't say its red it ridiculous just watch how ronaldo touches the wrong part of the face lol
it was a clear goalscoring opportunity, for me atleast. And from a refereeing standpoint, it seems Chiellini throws his hand to stop Ronaldo from getting to the ball which would have presented him with a clear goalscoring opportunity. I am not going to discuss the playacting, I agree Ronaldo makes the most of it, but in the context of it being a foul that denies a clear goalscoring opportunity it is one, and is a red card.

punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 Empty Re: Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:09 pm

lszanto wrote:
Bénin wrote:
lszanto wrote:Why on earth in that situation would you put your arm anywhere near his face?

Not saying I think it was the card but Chiellini loves getting all over players and it's going to get him in sticky situations. Just keep your arms down and stop being a grub and it wouldn't have happened.
Haven't play a football game in your life ??

The problem lies elsewhere.
Obviously but give a diver an inch and they'll take a mile.

And this, ladies and gentlemen... is the root problem

Technology AND long-term punishment when somebody is caught simulating to influence officials is the solutuion

But sadly, UEFA don't seem to care. And every single person on this forum will at one point be pissed off and ranting about some other player getting your player in trouble/ or a refferee ruining a game, from now until the end of time because there seems to be absolutely no talk of solving this problem.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:10 pm

punkfusion1992 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:I believe like many of you that it was a foul.
But none of you are realizing that without Chiellini's arm blocking Ronaldo, it was a clear goalscoring opportunity. You are allowed shoulder to shoulder but Chiellini doesnt do that, the ball was nowhere near where he tackled. He stuck his hand out and it was a foul. It was a clear goalscoring opportunity and hence a red card.
An unpopular opinion but i feel entitled to one
goalscoring ? If the goal was corner they were shoulder to shoulder first, second ronaldo was touching his wrong side of the face. he didn't tackle . Please do post same situation, red card in UCL hell even in La Liga ..

Neta laughed at the red card to, and whole media around the world so please don't say its red it ridiculous just watch how ronaldo touches the wrong part of the face lol
it was a clear goalscoring opportunity, for me atleast. And from a refereeing standpoint, it seems Chiellini throws his hand to stop Ronaldo from getting to the ball which would have presented him with a clear goalscoring opportunity. I am not going to discuss the playacting, I agree Ronaldo makes the most of it, but in the context of it being a foul that denies a clear goalscoring opportunity it is one, and is a red card.
So this is a red card to, he stops the play, pushes the opposing player...
Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 Tumblr_mv51jbWxz61ry6fnao1_400

Still waiting on the video for red card in same motivation in UCL or let's say La Liga or Serie A... DIRECT RED
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Goalscoring opportunity?

Was at least 30 yards out of goal and at an angle

If getting fouled 30 yards from goal because there's a bit of space infront of you means they get sent off, then there should be at least another 10 Reds every CL season.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 pm

30 yards sure, but Ronaldo was blasting his way past chiellini quite easily, everyone could see that. Chiellini thugged ronaldo out with his arm across the face, that's the only way he could stop him. Someone need to inform Chiellini that in europe you dont do silly things like that, specially when you are last defender. The decision was harsh, sure, but he brought it all on himself.
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:23 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:
lszanto wrote:
Bénin wrote:Haven't play a football game in your life ??

The problem lies elsewhere.
Obviously but give a diver an inch and they'll take a mile.

And this, ladies and gentlemen... is the root problem

Technology AND long-term punishment when somebody is caught simulating to influence officials is the solutuion

But sadly, UEFA don't seem to care. And every single person on this forum will at one point be pissed off and ranting about some other player getting your player in trouble/ or a refferee ruining a game, from now until the end of time because there seems to be absolutely no talk of solving this problem.
It will change sooner or later .. let's remind that at a time there were no subs allowed in the game .

And what i hate the most when bads calls harm a team and they lose, the winner team try to make it like they would have won anyways or they also '' got some bad calls '' .

Or stuff like : '' he wasn't going to score anyways '' or '' he was going to score '' or '' in 2002 , that team agot help from the ref .. now it's Karma '' ...

I'm getting pissed of that. And referres are too much under pressure , they have to judge in 15 secondes !!
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 pm

Yeah there's no point in any of that, at the end of the day. Officials with a lack of technology are ruining the game at times, and players are taking advantage of that by simulating.

Until there are proper means of officiating a game and not this insane old fashioned method of a few men making a quick judgement call (Human error margains are too high) we will continue to complain about this.

In a few months this thread will be long forgotten, a similar event will happen in another big European game and the whole thing will keep going and going in a giant circle.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by punkfusion1992 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:37 pm

DeviAngel wrote:
punkfusion1992 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:goalscoring ? If the goal was corner they were shoulder to shoulder first, second ronaldo was touching his wrong side of the face. he didn't tackle . Please do post same situation, red card in UCL hell even in La Liga ..

So this is a red card to, he stops the play, pushes the opposing player...
Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 Tumblr_mv51jbWxz61ry6fnao1_400

Still waiting on the video for red card in same motivation in UCL or let's say La Liga or Serie A... DIRECT RED
I did not say it was a red car for a push. Since you are being so petty about it, I said its a red card for the denying a clear goalscoring opportunity thing. Fouls denying a clear goalscoring opportunity is a red card no questions asked.
punkfusion1992
punkfusion1992
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:47 pm

Ah chiellini, not even looking at the ball, straight arm in across the face, smh

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 1382558323758
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:06 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Ah chiellini, not even looking at the ball, straight arm in across the face, smh

Disgraceful Chiellini red card call and Ronaldo play-acting decides Real Madrid v Juventus - Page 2 1382558323758

Are you saying that Chiellini wanted to hit Cr7 in the face ?? Don't you think he intented to go shoulders against shoulders like any decent defender would do ?

don't try to justify the red card ... Cr7 isn't to bame tho. The way games are refereed are.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:17 am

ofc course he didnt intend to hurt CR, but he made a foolish play.

when you want to go shoulder to shoulder, you dont make a 90 degree angle with your arm
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Luca Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:28 am

Trying to pull back or establish position in front of Ronaldo- i.e obstructing his path is a foul, Chiellini definitely did that. But the Real players and Ronaldo were claiming elbow- malice. Two different things. Last man or goal scoring opportunity wasn't a factor as much as you would like to make that post-fact argument.

I think this decision definitely killed the game and sealed it for Real. I was disappointed because I thought Juventus played a strong game until that point and even afterwards.

Defending on Ronaldo's goal was atrocious. And the penalty was another poor move by Chiellini. I love Chiellini but this has to be the worst game I can remember him having in a Juventus shirt. Calling him a thug is a bit too far, he is definitely a hard nosed player.

Really I'm just happy that Juventus played without the 3-5-2, was getting quite bored of it. Unfortunately they lack the personnel to do too much more. The team only has central defenders, central midfielders and strikers. Too many players in the same form. It makes a player like Giaccherini that they sold seem so much more valuable just for a bit of versatility.

End rant. Fair result with all things considered. Poor call for the red but that's life. Hopefully the next game in Torino has this much excitement but for the right reasons.

Luca
J Council Master

Back to top Go down

Post by nichabr Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:38 am

I don't know how anyone can deny that being a red considering Cheilini's eyes were on Ronaldo and not the ball and he shoved his arm across Ronaldo's face...little contact or not it is still a foul is a good call by the ref...Cheilini has been doing this for ages and has been punished many times and the fact that he still hasn't learned shows that he will never be a great player in my books.
nichabr
nichabr
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:40 am

I have seen worse.. I agree with those saying it should have been a yellow and a FK. Chiellini was illegally using a raised arm to impede an opponent when the ball was not at playable a distance.

In terms of booking Ronaldo for diving... I am usually all for booking Ronaldo wherever possible as he is a disgrace... However in this instance he was impeded whilst making a genuine attempt to beat a player. If he did not exaggerate the impact.. would the foul have been picked up?
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 am

Pepe and Ramos does same type of foul in la liga and always get way with that.just watch this weekend clasico.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Omniscient Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 am

That was a blatant red card. The filthy thug Chiellini doesn't even bother glancing at the ball, he ran at Ronaldo with the express purpose of stopping him via an arm to the face. I think the footballing world would be better off if Chiellini suffers a career-ending injury.

Omniscient
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : TSV 1860 Munich

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:47 am

Beautiful Football wrote:Pepe and Ramos does same type of foul in la liga and always get way with that.just watch this weekend clasico.
and your point is? chiellini does the same in serie a and gets away with it.

sometimes it's better to stay quiet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Beautiful Football Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:52 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:
Beautiful Football wrote:Pepe and Ramos does same type of foul in la liga and always get way with that.just watch this weekend clasico.
and your point is? chiellini does the same in serie a and gets away with it.

sometimes it's better to stay quiet
I am not saying it was not foul. Few years back pepe and ramos doing this type of thuggery against Barcelona.
Hopefully standard are not going to reverse this weekend.

Beautiful Football
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:55 am

this is about chiellini thugging ronaldo, cant u make one argument without mentioning barcelona ffs? gee, the victim mentality again
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VanDeezNuts Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:58 am

soft red obviously.. but you can't deny there was contact. chiellini was clearly beat and used his forearm to ronaldos face to stop him. clear yellow for me.

but it has to be said, it did not ruin the game.. at least not for juve, if anything madrid got more and more complacent after the sending off.

madrid did more than enough to win that match.

and please can there be a thread that doesnt refer to the madrid barca matches 3 or so years ago? lol.

VanDeezNuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:04 am

That red was so soft that if the game was a porn you wouldn't see a dick or a vagina.
Vibe
Vibe
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Peccadillo Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:06 am

Most defenders commit fouls (technically) and get away with it.. a lot.. little tugs of the shirt as the ball approaches etc... Terry and Carvalho used to foul people off the park without getting pulled up on it too often .. and with great success.

It's about timing. And in this case Chiellinis timing was really dumb. As said - in a one-on-one to raise an arm in the CL is asking for trouble.
Peccadillo
Peccadillo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by billy_gr Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:09 am

forget about Barca. I'm sure Man U fans have something to contribute in this thread. After all they suffered not a very diffferent situation last year
billy_gr
billy_gr
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:35 am

ronaldo is the most disgusting player i've ever seen... There are players that dive sometimes like ribery, busquets, etc but this c*nt has no limits
Here's 30 minutes of videos of Ronaldo's dives...30 minutes Laughing

Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:58 am

inb4wildgiggity
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:20 am

A yellow card, the same as shirt-pulling or blocking someone's run, never a red.
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next