Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by S Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:09 pm

Zealous wrote:Ribery isn't even half the player Ronaldo or Messi are though. Hell he's not even on Ibra's level.

I don't even think Ribery is the best player on his actual team lol
Awful post.

S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 9 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Gil Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:11 pm

Ribery got outperformed by Robben and Muller in the CL though. There's not much of a gap between him and his teammates.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:16 pm

S wrote:
Zealous wrote:Ribery isn't even half the player Ronaldo or Messi are though. Hell he's not even on Ibra's level.

Awful post.
Why because you don't agree with me? lol

Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:17 pm

Gil wrote:Ribery got outperformed by Robben and Muller in the CL though. There's not much of a gap between him and his teammates.
So what if the gap isn't as big? Is it his fault his teammates are actually great players who are also Ballon d'OR contenders compared to Messi's and Ronaldo's teammates?

Ridiculous.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:22 pm

Gil wrote:Ribery got outperformed by Robben and Muller in the CL though. There's not much of a gap between him and his teammates.
Yeah, it's pretty funny how people use CL to reason to give it to Ribery instead of Messi, when he won CL more, but wasn't even the best Bayern player in CL. And Messi carried Barca in La Liga in completely different level, than Ribery did Bayern in Bundesliga. And France is still playing for World Cup, when Argentina is already there as the group winners.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:26 pm

It's a team sport ffs! Who gives a flying *bleep*.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 pm

Zealous wrote:
S wrote:

Awful post.
Why because you don't agree with me? lol

Firstly what is this 'level' you speak of ? Like he should score 50 goals like Ronaldo and Messi for a guy who primarily helps in assisting his teammates ? Or that he doesnt 'often' score flashy goals like Zlatan ?

The second part is clearly nonsense and you know it.CL performances are taken into account for the whole season not just one or two games where Robben popped and scored a goal or two in the latter rounds,lets not even go into this season where he has been literally unplayable at times.

Mind you i'm not one of those pro-Ribery guys who wants him to win it but atleast he deserves to be on the podium.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by calmman Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:38 pm

jibers wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yes, because Ronaldo carrying Madrid to the biggest ever gap between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is worthy of an award...

In any case, on to funnier news:

Pele: "The Ballon D'Or will be decided between Messi and Cristiano Leonardo"

rofl
Laughing

Been saying this for so long.

20 years from now...

Pedrito the little 8 year old Madridista: Father I went through Madrid's records and Cristiano scored so many goals. He is the most scorer in our history!...

Manuel, Pedrito's father: Ah yes, he is was a fine player little pedro, the best attacker we ever saw.

Pedrito: He must have led us to many trophies father!

Manuel: errr...yes we won a few...

Pedrito: How much did we win...

Manuel: (starts sweating and looking uncomfortable)...well...we won...a copa del rey...

Pedrito: yess... Very Happy

Manuel: ...a Spanish super cup...

Pedrito: Carry on father... Very Happy

Manuel: and 1 la liga...

Pedrito: ...is that it father? 1 la liga in the 7 seasons he was there?

Manuel: ...yes son...

Pedrito; What about la decima?

Manuel: He was let down by the team son...

Pedrito: but did the same team not assist him to score goals?

Manuel: Stfu you little shit before I knock u out!

Pedrito: father I'm 8... Sad

at this point manuel grabs little pedro, shakes him violently and says the following:

Manuel: You are one cheeky *bleep* m8 and I will wreck u if I get the chance I swear on mi moms lyfe!
I'm sorry but this is horse shit. In team sports, the number of trophies has never been the biggest factor in a players legacy. Did Maradonna with the most Serie A titles? Is he not regarded as one of the greatest? Did Micheal Jordan win more titles than anyone else? How many titles did Alan Shearer win?

As a Man U fan yourself, do you consider Ryan Giggs the best player Man U has ever had cause he won more titles than anyone?

Messi is lucky enough to be in one of the greatest teams there ever was. A team so good, they actually win MORE games when he doesn't play!! A team that has had different coaches with little to no experience at the top level and still dominates and wins games! To hold that over Ronaldo is absolute cruelty. What, is he supposed to mark everyone and be goalkeeper as well. Maybe he should be the physio too and the coach as well?

calmman
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:45 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yes, because Ronaldo carrying Madrid to the biggest ever gap between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is worthy of an award...

In any case, on to funnier news:

Pele: "The Ballon D'Or will be decided between Messi and Cristiano Leonardo"

rofl
So Ronaldo, who finished top scorer in the UCL, scored 50+ goals over the season, and has started the current season in God - like form, doesn't deserve to even be in the top 5, coz his side finished 15 points adrift in the league, yet in your previous post you mention Mario effin' Goetze as a probable in the top 5.
The same Mario Goetze, who isn't even the best Midfielder in his squad, and whose own Dortmund side conceded the league by 20 points!!!!!
Epic Fail on your part mate Laughing
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:34 pm

Why is Messi in contention ? He has been injured for like 2 months and you say he deservers to win ?
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:44 pm

Ronaldo not winning trophies doesn't mean he can't contend for best player in the World. It's an individual trophy, not team based.

Also Messi and Ronaldo were better than Ribery individually. Bayern's was a team based victory. Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Mandzukic etc were just as important. Ribery wasn't really a stand out player like Messi and Ronaldo.

In terms of Messi vs Ronaldo, Messi will always be better individually. Only way Ronaldo will win it would be due to Messi getting injured or being off form. In terms of last season, Messi was better.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:01 pm

Ribery's gonna win. Messi was better individually but has won it too many times in a row now.. just for that I think they'll give it to Ribery. Messi's last season was okayish by his standards.. couldn't help Barca win anything other than La Liga. That's another thing that points to Ribery winning the Ballon d'Or.

Personally, Robben had a much more impact than Ribery but didn't play enough games.
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:08 pm

neuro11 wrote:
DeviAngel wrote:What CR is currently doing is out of this planet him or Ribery sorry this one ain't messi's he didn't deserve it
and what you have just posted does not deserve to be posted this year...Sorry you have posted a year early....
I am just saying how things are
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Kamikaze692 Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:49 pm

ExtremistEnigma wrote:Ribery's gonna win. Messi was better individually but has won it too many times in a row now.. just for that I think they'll give it to Ribery. Messi's last season was okayish by his standards.. couldn't help Barca win anything other than La Liga. That's another thing that points to Ribery winning the Ballon d'Or.

Personally, Robben had a much more impact than Ribery but didn't play enough games.
Ribery will finish second at best, even then Mehssi may just get enough votes to get ahead of ribery. Ronaldo's current form and global appeal will win him enough votes to win it IMO
Kamikaze692
Kamikaze692
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:35 pm

Robben, for the time he played, was the best player in the whole CL. Ribery, Schweinsteiger, and Muller all could have arguments as second best, even Lahm or Dante too. Id say it goes Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, and then Muller. But Ribery, over the league and CL and cup and everything, was without a doubt the best player in the world. I agree talent wise hes not on Messis level (no one is right now), but in my opinion hes better than Ronaldo. The only thing Ronaldo has on Ribery are physical attributes. Ronaldo scores a shitload but also misses a shitload which is often forgotten. Ribery layely has been very clinical when given the chances. Difference is Ribery wont shoot from 30 yards multiple times a game like Ronaldo does. Ribery looks for the pass always first. But Ronaldo is really not that much more clinical than him. Ribery has Ronaldo on passing, more of a team player, able to make something out of nothing (besides just shooting from 30 yards Ronaldo doesnt really do it much), vision, dribbling, first touch, unpredictability, and overall a much smarter player. Still dont understand why people think Ronaldo us better than Ribery or even close to Messi.

The Ballon Dor list should be:

1. Ribery
2. Messi
3. Schweinsteiger
4. Robben
5. Ibrahimovic/Ronaldo

And before anyone says it, I cant stand Ribery or Ronaldo. Both are arrogant scumbags. So I have no preference. If it was my personal decision I would say Schweinsteiger or Robben or a Juve player should win it. But in all honesry, Ribery should. Simple as that.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:05 pm

Don't really agree that Robben deserves it more than Muller. He played like 2/3 the minutes Muller did last season.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't really agree that Robben deserves it more than Muller. He played like 2/3 the minutes Muller did last season.
...and? Messi played quite a bit less than Muller too...
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by FennecFox7 Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:11 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo not winning trophies doesn't mean he can't contend for best player in the World. It's an individual trophy, not team based.

Also Messi and Ronaldo were better than Ribery individually. Bayern's was a team based victory. Schweinsteiger, Martinez, Mandzukic etc were just as important. Ribery wasn't really a stand out player like Messi and Ronaldo.

In terms of Messi vs Ronaldo, Messi will always be better individually. Only way Ronaldo will win it would be due to Messi getting injured or being off form. In terms of last season, Messi was better.
finally a reasonable post

messi was injured and yet he carried a mediocre barca team last season.

ronaldo scored tons of decisive goals when our team was in disarray

And honestly, I get it. you guys hate cr7 for his personality, style, whatever.. he can't dribble or pass (which is utter horse shit) and he's only good at scoring. lol. Just saying, you get nothing personally for hating either messi or ronaldo.. if you get satisfaction then you need to reevaluate your life
FennecFox7
FennecFox7
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by EarlyPrototype Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:15 pm

Robben and Gotze over Ronaldo.........

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOLrq2P9ua6kq2EEYK4Rn-zlcfAcNxcA4e9zSkXMvgfl3jBovVTQ
EarlyPrototype
EarlyPrototype
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by juventus101 Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:03 pm

EarlyPrototype wrote:Robben and Gotze over Ronaldo.........

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 9 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQOLrq2P9ua6kq2EEYK4Rn-zlcfAcNxcA4e9zSkXMvgfl3jBovVTQ
Robben:
-Scores and assists multiple times against Juventus and Barcelona in the CL, their best player througout the tournament.
-Assists the leveling goal against Dortmund in the CL final before scoring the winner.
-Bayern win the treble.

Gotze:
-One of Dortmunds best players throughout the CL, where they got to the final.
-Outperformed Ronaldo in the 2 BVB-RM games.
-Dortmunds best player in the league.

Ronaldo:
-Scores a buttload of goals.
-Leads Madrid to losing La Liga by a record margin to the same Barcelona team that Bayern, especially Robben, tore to shreds.

Yea...sounds like Ronaldo really deserves it. I think Ronaldo MIGHT have a slightly better chance than Gotze. But more deserving than Robben? I hope youre joking.
juventus101
juventus101
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:09 pm

Yohan Modric wrote:Ronaldo not winning trophies doesn't mean he can't contend for best player in the World. It's an individual trophy, not team based.

This is more or less what I've been saying.
I am gonna hate myself for saying this but, it is the truth...
Ronaldo is second best player. I hate his personality, but as a player he is probably second best and he is perhaps most professional player there is. He obviously works very, very hard to be, stay, and possibly improve where he is now. Ronaldo is not the player he was 4-5 years ago. He is assisting. I repeat, he is assisting and has become considerably better at team play, though he still is selfish, but hey, all the strikers are. Some are more selfish, some less.

Who should win this years Bdor IMO? Ribery, and that is because he was lucky Messi got injured, and Bayern spanked our asses.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:19 pm

Gotze probably isn't more deserving than Ronaldo, but he definitely was BVB's best player last season for sure.
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by aimars Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:13 pm

Messi achievements:
- La liga winner
- La liga top scorer
- Super cup winner
- Took Argentina to World Cup
- WC qualification top scorer
- At the moment 1 st in la liga table

Ronaldo achievemnts:
- No title
- CL top scorer
- No world cup yet
- No qualification top scorer
- No hope for la liga this season
- 50 goals in 2013 (80% of them easy goals)

If voters think a little more they can see that Messi clearly was more successfull. But voters will remember only last 1 month when messi injured

Ribery has big chance only because voters are bored of Messi

aimars
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:26 pm

When does the voting commence, or has it already begun?

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Freeza Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:34 pm

juventus101 wrote:
EarlyPrototype wrote:Robben and Gotze over Ronaldo.........

Robben:
-Scores and assists multiple times against Juventus and Barcelona in the CL, their best player througout the tournament.
-Assists the leveling goal against Dortmund in the CL final before scoring the winner.
-Bayern win the treble.

Gotze:
-One of Dortmunds best players throughout the CL, where they got to the final.
-Outperformed Ronaldo in the 2 BVB-RM games.
-Dortmunds best player in the league.

Ronaldo:
-Scores a buttload of goals.
-Leads Madrid to losing La Liga by a record margin to the same Barcelona team that Bayern, especially Robben, tore to shreds.

Yea...sounds like Ronaldo really deserves it. I think Ronaldo MIGHT have a slightly better chance than Gotze. But more deserving than Robben? I hope youre joking.
So götze who had to leave because of a hamstring, outperformed Ronaldo while being checked by doctors Proud
So much disrespect for one of the greatest players this generation. I think Messi is the better player, but combined this year Ronaldo's form has resulted in him having a better individual year than Messi
Freeza
Freeza
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by chad4401 Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:00 pm

Some of these names being put a head of cr is just..... Laughing you guys find every reason for cr to not win it, just cause you know madrid is gonna gloat about it and half of these reason some are listing are the very same reason messi won it Laughing
chad4401
chad4401
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 39 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 39  Next