Harmonica
Lord Awesome
Onyx
The_Badger
Khaled
115 posters

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next

Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by Footyfan Thu 31 Oct 2013, 14:04

Kamikaze692 wrote:
Footyfan wrote:
Kamikaze692 wrote:The most damning part of this list is that there is only Lewandowski from the Dortmund squad. The fact that neither Reus, Gundogan, Gotze made it while we have Ozil, who was merely a bystander in the UCL Semis, and Pirlo, in the 23 man list is hilarious to say the least.

Ok, Dortmund were well off the pace in the league, but a team making it to the UCL Finals being represented by only one player is beyond my belief. Its a total joke of an award, and I seriously couldn't care less who wins it in Jan.
Ozil was bloody brilliant for Real. I have not seen his CHL matches but IMO he should walk into the list. Cr7 did not do anything special in CHL either.

The list is based on repuation of previous season and not on 2013 Calendar Year.

Gundogan, Goetze and Reus all 3 should absolutely walk into the Top 23. No Doubt about that. Its very unfortunate. 2nd isnt really a big off the pace in the league.
Apart from finishing top scorer and scoring winners in the R-16 and Quarters u mean?? If so, i agree with you then..... :coffee:
Ozil was totally outrun and out played in the semis defeat vs BVB. He even had a horrible miss in the return leg with the scores at 0-0. I would definitely take Reus or Ilkay Gundogan over Mesut in the top 23
CR7 wa not good enough to get the job done when it required most against Dortmund, to produce that one moment of brilliance. Everyone in Real misses chances, Cr7 has so many shots. There is no doubt he scores goals, important one's too. That is why he is a World Class Player

Ozil is one of the reasons Real went this far. He was brilliant against Dortmund in the group stages and he scored the FK which helped Real get a point.

Besides I agree with the above poster this is for the year 2013. Goetze and Gundogan were injured for half a season.

Reus not there is a crime though. Ozil on the whole for 2013 should walk into the Top 23 Spot.

Footyfan
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended - Page 8 Empty Re: OFFICIAL: FIFA Ballon d'or 2013 - Voting extended

Post by BarcaLearning Sun 03 Nov 2013, 06:56

Reus not in there does seem weird... its such a strong list I guess, inaccurate a little with some players included due to the fame factor, needing to including GK, defenders, etc, bit biased, etc., as always though.... the most important is the top 3 which is usually fair Razz

I havent been worried ever for the last few years of Messi winning it, but I gotta say this year Im worried. Ronaldo has been on fire this season pretty much, Messi inconsistent and just not hitting his top form. Ribery getting some support.... Messi really needs to step up his game in the remaining 2 months!
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Clockwork Orange Sun 03 Nov 2013, 17:18

BarcaLearning wrote:Reus not in there does seem weird... its such a strong list I guess, inaccurate a little with some players included due to the fame factor, needing to including GK, defenders, etc, bit biased, etc., as always though.... the most important is the top 3 which is usually fair Razz

I havent been worried ever for the last few years of Messi winning it, but I gotta say this year Im worried. Ronaldo has been on fire this season pretty much, Messi inconsistent and just not hitting his top form. Ribery getting some support.... Messi really needs to step up his game in the remaining 2 months!
I agree. Reus not being there just shows how far this award has fallen. It has become nothing more than a glorified popularity contest. Please do not worry about our Messi. He is fatigued at the moment. Once he regains his full fitness, I have no doubt that he will display the full depths of his tremendous powers once again Very Happy
Clockwork Orange
Clockwork Orange
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : wisla krakow

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Mon 04 Nov 2013, 15:14

Clockwork Orange wrote:
BarcaLearning wrote:Reus not in there does seem weird... its such a strong list I guess, inaccurate a little with some players included due to the fame factor, needing to including GK, defenders, etc, bit biased, etc., as always though.... the most important is the top 3 which is usually fair Razz

I agree. Reus not being there just shows how far this award has fallen. It has become nothing more than a glorified popularity contest. Please do not worry about our Messi. He is fatigued at the moment. Once he regains his full fitness, I have no doubt that he will display the full depths of his tremendous powers once again Very Happy
I certainly hope you are right, in the a month and a bit he will have to do that Smile
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat 09 Nov 2013, 04:42

BREAKING: The 2013 FIFA Ballon d'Or will have 5 finalists instead of the usual 3.

My prediction for Ballon d'or (top 5): Messi Ribery CR Ibra Neymar. [Robben, Lewa and Iniesta 6th 7th & 8th].
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sat 09 Nov 2013, 04:49

Don't see Neymar making it.

It should be Messi, Ribery, Muller, Goetze/Lewa & Ibra but a few undeserving candidates will make their way in.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Sat 09 Nov 2013, 04:53

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Don't see Neymar making it.

It should be Messi, Ribery, Muller, Goetze/Lewa & Ibra but a few undeserving candidates will make their way in.
Muller, Lahm and Schwein won't even make the Top 10 [although they deserve imo]. All votes will go to Ribery.
Neymar won the Confederations Cup with Brazil in 2013 and a lot were impressed by his performance I think he will get enough votes to make it to the Top 10 and probably end 5th or 6th..
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:08

Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sat 09 Nov 2013, 10:31

This thread shows how bad the mehdrid lot here are....... Ronaldo rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl 

Although sportczy is exempt from that statement.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Sat 09 Nov 2013, 11:04

Politics and marketing are huge factors, not just play.

So it will be Messi, CR7, Ribery, Neymar and probably Schweinsteiger since the best team usually gets 2 players in the top 5 due to politics lol. Personally, i think Ibra needs to be in there, but he likely won't. Lewandowski too, but he's not marketable enough.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sat 09 Nov 2013, 14:51

Goetze over Ronaldo? Is this a joke? Goetze was not even the best player in his team :facepalm: Are you seriously suggesting CR was not a top 5 player in 2013? I am not saying he should win (for the record no way does he deserve to win this year) but he is easily top 5. And also last season all three of Reus, Lewandowski and Gundogan were more important to Dortmund than Goetze was.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Sun 10 Nov 2013, 05:40

Yes, because Ronaldo carrying Madrid to the biggest ever gap between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is worthy of an award...

In any case, on to funnier news:

Pele: "The Ballon D'Or will be decided between Messi and Cristiano Leonardo"

rofl
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DeviAngel Sun 10 Nov 2013, 05:46

What CR is currently doing is out of this planet him or Ribery sorry this one ain't messi's he didn't deserve it
DeviAngel
DeviAngel
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 05:51

DeviAngel wrote:What CR is currently doing is out of this planet him or Ribery sorry this one ain't messi's he didn't deserve it
and what you have just posted does not deserve to be posted this year...Sorry you have posted a year early....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun 10 Nov 2013, 10:03

That Ribery hype Laughing . I will laugh my ass off when he will be 5% of the votes. At least this year nobody is saying that Iniesta should win it rofl
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun 10 Nov 2013, 11:10

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yes, because Ronaldo carrying Madrid to the biggest ever gap between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is worthy of an award...

rofl
Where did I say worthy of an award? I said no way in hell should he win but no way in hell should Goetze be over him Laughing What was the point gap between Bayern and Dortmund again? Oh yeah and Ronaldo was the CL top scorer and also highest scorer in 2013, that is top 5 worthy.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun 10 Nov 2013, 12:59

It would be ridiculous if a bayern player will not win it ... The best players are the players that make the difference against the best teams in the toughest competition ... Scoring against scrubs in la liga and doing nothing against Dortmund or Bayern in semi-finals it's not worthy of a Ballon d'or... It's like a tennis player who wins all 2nd tier tournaments, and when it comes to face Djokovic in a grand slam he doesn't stand a chance...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sun 10 Nov 2013, 13:02

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Yes, because Ronaldo carrying Madrid to the biggest ever gap between 1st and 2nd in La Liga is worthy of an award...

rofl
Laughing

Been saying this for so long.

20 years from now...

Pedrito the little 8 year old Madridista: Father I went through Madrid's records and Cristiano scored so many goals. He is the most scorer in our history!...

Manuel, Pedrito's father: Ah yes, he is was a fine player little pedro, the best attacker we ever saw.

Pedrito: He must have led us to many trophies father!

Manuel: errr...yes we won a few...

Pedrito: How much did we win...

Manuel: (starts sweating and looking uncomfortable)...well...we won...a copa del rey...

Pedrito: yess... Very Happy

Manuel: ...a Spanish super cup...

Pedrito: Carry on father... Very Happy

Manuel: and 1 la liga...

Pedrito: ...is that it father? 1 la liga in the 7 seasons he was there?

Manuel: ...yes son...

Pedrito; What about la decima?

Manuel: He was let down by the team son...

Pedrito: but did the same team not assist him to score goals?

Manuel: Stfu you little shit before I knock u out!

Pedrito: father I'm 8... Sad

at this point manuel grabs little pedro, shakes him violently and says the following:

Manuel: You are one cheeky *bleep* m8 and I will wreck u if I get the chance I swear on mi moms lyfe!
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmonica Sun 10 Nov 2013, 13:49

Ion Creanga wrote:It would be ridiculous if a bayern player will not win it ...
It's not a team accolade. Still don't understand how some people don't have capability to grasp it.
Harmonica
Harmonica
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Gil Sun 10 Nov 2013, 13:52

Beckham should have won the Ballon D'or in 99 if Ribery apparently deserves this award. Or Milito in 2010.
Gil
Gil
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 10 Nov 2013, 13:59

I don't know about Beckham or Milito but Ribery deserves it because he's had a better season individually than Messi or Ronaldo (and any other top contender). Doesn't have to do anything with Buyern. If he played for Barcelona, Real Madrid or any other team that wasn't as successful as Buyern with the same performance level I'd still give it to him.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Ion Creanga Sun 10 Nov 2013, 14:01

Harmonica wrote:
Ion Creanga wrote:It would be ridiculous if a bayern player will not win it ...
It's not a team accolade. Still don't understand how some people don't have capability to grasp it.
yeah, let's not give ballon d'or to a player who was better in the most important games, let's give it to someone who was mediocre in big games but was elite against scrubs...
Ion Creanga
Ion Creanga
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Sun 10 Nov 2013, 14:01

Ribery isn't even half the player Ronaldo or Messi are though. Hell he's not even on Ibra's level.

I don't even think Ribery is the best player on his actual team lol
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valkyrja Sun 10 Nov 2013, 14:07

Zealous wrote:Ribery isn't even half the player Ronaldo or Messi are though. Hell he's not even on Ibra's level.

Everyone is against Ronaldo/Madrid player winning it... Ribery best player in the world Laughing
Valkyrja
Valkyrja
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sun 10 Nov 2013, 14:08

How is he not Z? It's pretty clear he's their best player, if you watch them.

He's the main playmaker and most attacks start or end up from Ribery, he's the one who steps up when the team is struggling, he's the leader in attack... it irritates me when people say that he's not their best player. Just watch the games he was out with injury in the beginning of the season and compare it when he plays... Buyern's performance just gets in another level.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by S Sun 10 Nov 2013, 14:09

Zealous wrote:Ribery isn't even half the player Ronaldo or Messi are though. Hell he's not even on Ibra's level.

Awful post.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 39 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 39  Next