Kaladin
Lupi
rwo power
djfawnz
Onyx
78 posters

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. XI - Page 17 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. XI

Post by VendettaRed07 Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:45 am

McAgger wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:It seems like Roma have sold a lot this window, but who have they bought? Gervais is all I can think of. It just seems odd to me that Roma is selling so many quality players
Lost Osvaldo, MArquinhos, and probably Lamela

Got Strootman, Gervais, Benatia, Maicon, De Sanctis, Jedvaj, and Boriello (returned).
Oh wow haha. I haven't been paying much attention to Roma's activity this summer, but every time I heard them brought up it was someone they were selling. But if thats true they are definitely much better this season

VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. XI - Page 17 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk. XI

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:51 am

VendettaRed07 wrote:
McAgger wrote:
VendettaRed07 wrote:It seems like Roma have sold a lot this window, but who have they bought? Gervais is all I can think of. It just seems odd to me that Roma is selling so many quality players
Lost Osvaldo, MArquinhos, and probably Lamela

Got Strootman, Gervais, Benatia, Maicon, De Sanctis, Jedvaj, and Boriello (returned).
Oh wow haha. I haven't been paying much attention to Roma's activity this summer, but every time I heard them brought up it was someone they were selling. But if thats true they are definitely much better this season
They've stagnated / regressed if they get rid of Lamela though...

They've sort of fixed their defensive woes, signed Strootman to strengthen their midfield into one of the best in the league, but their attack looks average with Osvaldo and Lamela sold. Osvaldo was a nut, and was rightfully sold after his actions, but you can't deny his talent. I guess it's time for Florenzi and Destro to step up...
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by LeBéninois Thu Aug 22, 2013 5:07 am

McAgger wrote:
Tomwin Lannister wrote:Tbh i'd have Bale over Neymar any day of the week.
This
Right now yes but Neymar's cieling is very high. He isn't even physically mature yet.

Bale is a beast though.
LeBéninois
LeBéninois
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by marottalad Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:59 am

To point out the obvious If arsenal don't buy anyone they could lose their status as a regular champions league team and risk attracting the best talent in the world because Tottenham's team is looking amazing right now Willian and Lamela are probably in the top 20 talented attacking mids in the world right now. Tottenham will play attractive, posession, flair based football. The balls in your'e court Arsene
marottalad
marottalad
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:08 am

IL Gladiatore wrote:35 m ? wtf they are thinking , i freaking hate spurs
Blame your management rather than hating on Spurs.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:16 am

CBarca wrote:Tom since you watch Serie A much much more than me, I'm actually curious. How good do you think Lamela is?

Higher skill ceiling than Bale you reckon?
[Botric]He's a modern technical player imo.I prefer Latin players over British players because they have that extra magic in them[/Botric]

In all seriousness he's a top talent and getting better by each year.Lamela and Willian on either flanks will be a nightmare for rest of the PL.

Bale won you games but now you have a more balanced team and you wouldnt have to depend on one top player like you used to.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:29 am

With the sale of Lamela, Roma's chances of CL and probably even EL are gone unless they reinforce with some quality signings fast.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:41 am

Di Marzio wrote:Erik Lamela to Tottenham is still being negotiated. Today the Argentine player’s entourage went to Spain, while Lamela was at the team’s presentation at the Olimpico Stadium. The deal was essentially reached on a multi year deal with annual salary of 2.4 million per season, with escalating salaries in later years. There still isn’t an agreement between the clubs, since Tottenham offered 30 million plus bonus while Roma is seeking 35 million. There also ins’t an agreement on the payment method, Roma wants it over 2 years while the English club prefers 4-5 years. The parties continue to talk. Lamela in meantime is practicing with Roma.
2.4m ??? Roma couldnt offer that ?
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by flameas Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:48 am

Roma management are just a bunch on senile, idiotic, money grabbing americans.. no ambition, no passion..
Worst transfer summer in a long time.
flameas
flameas
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:50 am

Bale over Neymar Laughing :facepalm:

Anyone watch Neymar destroy everyone in confed cup including Italy and Spain?
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 am

Ljajic being linked to Roma as a Lamela replacement.(GdS)

And Matri back on their radar again supposedly-Sky

Last edited by S on Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:12 am; edited 1 time in total
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Art Morte Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:11 am

If Tottenham really get Lamela, too, then fck me, what a window they will have had.....

Weird of Roma to sell him, but €30-35m is a lot of money, I guess they rather invest that in a few players than keep one. But still, damn, Tottenham...
Art Morte
Art Morte
Forum legendest

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:21 am

flameas wrote:Roma management are just a bunch on senile, idiotic, money grabbing americans.. no ambition, no passion..
Worst transfer summer in a long time.
There has to be a better explanation than this.

The thing that makes the least sense to me is that you guys have bought De Sanctis, Gervinho, Benatia, Maicon, and then topped it off with the signing of a top class youngster in Strootman for your midfield. To me this seems like a really ambitious team that is taking Serie A seriously, a proper contender...

But then, to offload a star young striker whose value can only go up in Lamela is a truly awful decision that shows exactly the opposite attitude - one of a feeder club. I can't understand these mixed messages from Roma. Why strengthen the squad only to sell off your most promising talent?

And Osvaldo has already been sold, so obviously there needs to be a purchase here anyway. If only Roma had some young talent to fill his place? *cough* Lamela *cough*. I mean, there's Destro, but he's not ready to start every game and bear the burden of scoring 15-20 goals.

To top it off, rivals Lazio are apparently strengthening with the acquisition of Yilmaz!

I just don't get Roma, they must be a very frustrating club to be a fan of.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:26 am

Names that have been linked to be Osvaldo's replacement are Demba Ba,Matri,Gila and Cvitanich.
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by S Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:32 am

Eriksen says no to Zenit for the fourth time

Zenit St. Petersburg have made Christian Eriksen a fourth offer and again the Ajax midfielder rejected it. If Eriksen doesn't leave the Eredivisie outfit this summer, he will sign a new deal in Amsterdam. His current contract runs untill 2014.

Source: Voetbal International

Sakho has a preference for Liverpool

In the cold at PSG, the France international defender has several choices this summer but the possibility that interests him most is to join Liverpool. AC Milan remain an option, too.

Source: Le Parisien
S
S
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:20 am

Maybe the Lamela deal is a turn towards self sustaining the clubs, funding for a new stadium or improving ticket deals. Maybe even improving marketing structure and whatnot

Being a victim of these kind of deal, i can tell you that when we sold 2 of our best players to PSG. It was all to sustain the club and improve future rendition of the squad. We completely overhauled the youth department, having more emphasis in it than ever before. We cleared some our losses, we restructured our finances and used our money wisely, we adopted a philosophy that dictates we shall not buy a player above 24. All these things will serve to the purpose that club must sustain itself, and with FFP its even more important

What i'm trying to say is: People might think that the Roma management might be incompetent and i agree that they might deserve a little criticism. But senselessly bashing them without knowing what is brewing internally is kind of harsh. If they get an able replacement for Lamela then good for them, but i think there are other motives here besides the money involved
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:53 am

Milan: there is a €10m offer on the table for Ajax midfielder Eriksen
- Die Telegraaf
___

French Ligue 1 outfit Monaco have stepped forward as a possible contender to sign Luca Marrone from Juventus.
- Sky Sport Italia
___

According to Sky Sport Italia, Sunderland’s interest in Juve's De Ceglie has intensified in the last few hours.
___

Man City looking to complete 2m Demichelis signing from Atletico
- Various
___

According to reports in Portugal, Benfica are close to signing Julio Cesar from QPR.
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:10 am

If we got Eriksen and Sakho we could start talking about winning Serie A.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:45 am

S wrote:Eriksen says no to Zenit for the fourth time

Zenit St. Petersburg have made Christian Eriksen a fourth offer and again the Ajax midfielder rejected it. If Eriksen doesn't leave the Eredivisie outfit this summer, he will sign a new deal in Amsterdam. His current contract runs untill 2014.

In the cold at PSG, the France international defender has several choices this summer but the possibility that interests him most is to join Liverpool. AC Milan remain an option, too.

Get em both Rodgers!
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Casciavit Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:47 am

something-red wrote:

Get em both Rodgers!
Get em both Galliani!
Casciavit
Casciavit
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by halamadrid2 Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:50 am

Arsenal have offered £46 million to buy Benzema-Telegraph
halamadrid2
halamadrid2
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Thiago Silva has signed a new contract with PSG until 2018.
___

Manchester United have today launched an improved £35 million double bid for Everton pair Marouane Fellaini and Leighton Baines, Goal understands
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:16 pm

Casciavit wrote:
something-red wrote:

Get em both Rodgers!
Get em both Galliani!
Give us El Shaarawy and I'll let you have them both. :coffee:
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:17 pm

halamadrid2 wrote:Arsenal have offered £46 million to buy Benzema-Telegraph
I hope Madrid accept this. Better for both Benz and Madrid. With Bale coming, this is just drama waiting to happen...
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:24 pm

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/exclu-mercato-om-newcastle-arrive-sur-andre-ayew-115009

Yes please Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Alert Thu Aug 22, 2013 12:28 pm

Don't get too excited mole... don't think you'll be the only ones interested if he's available. lol
Red Alert
Red Alert
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 38 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 27 ... 38  Next