Forza
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
M99
23 posters

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by The Legend Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:04 pm

Good luck, Milan.

The Legend
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 2 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by TonyDaBeast Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Squad announced:

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel

Defenders: Abate, Antonini, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata

Midfielders: Boateng, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Traorè

Strikers: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, Robinho

B List: Andrenacci, Kingsley Boateng, Iotti, Petagna, Pinato

we have until Aug 19 to make n e changes

first game Aug 20 a 20:45 CET at PSV, return leg Aug 28 same time at San Siro.
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Superpeppe Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Balo just got hurt
Superpeppe
Superpeppe
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:13 pm

TonyDaBeast wrote:Squad announced:

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Gabriel

Defenders: Abate, Antonini, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata

Midfielders: Boateng, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli, Traorè

Strikers: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, Robinho

B List: Andrenacci, Kingsley Boateng, Iotti, Petagna, Pinato

we have until Aug 19 to make n e changes to sign Honda

first game Aug 20 a 20:45 CET at PSV, return leg Aug 28 same time at San Siro.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by baresi Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:36 pm

If there is any reason for us not to beat PSV then I'd rather we don't play CL this season, I am not belittling PSV but if we are not going to the game with 100% confidence that we are going forward then why even bother, I doubt we will get easier teams in the group stages.

Sure we should go there and give out our 110%, and we shouldn't under estimate PSV, but there is no acceptable reason for us not to qualify, whether we sign Honda or not.
baresi
baresi
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Mon Aug 12, 2013 9:56 pm

baresi wrote:If there is any reason for us not to beat PSV then I'd rather we don't play CL this season, I am not belittling PSV but if we are not going to the game with 100% confidence that we are going forward then why even bother, I doubt we will get easier teams in the group stages.

Sure we should go there and give out our 110%, and we shouldn't under estimate PSV, but there is no acceptable reason for us not to qualify, whether we sign Honda or not.
True that. Like you said, PSV are no pushovers. They actually have some decent young talents in our team, but we should be able to take them on with our current squad. If we cannot do that, then we really do not deserve to play in the CL. But our team is looking good from the what I've seen in pre-season, and I am fairly confident.

As for Honda, I don't think he will play a significant role in our games vs PSV even if we do sign him before the deadline since he will need some time to train and settle within the squad. But it would be nice to have him available for the rest of our CL campaign though.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:43 am

Mexes can't play the first match due to suspension.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 15, 2013 4:26 am

why no saponara in the list?

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Thu Aug 15, 2013 12:41 pm

JespSwe wrote:why no saponara in the list?
It's because he is injured. And as far as I know, this list is only for the qualification matches. If we manage to qualify, we submit a new list for the group stages (and a new one for the knockouts etc), so I'm sure Saponara will be on the next one.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:35 am

Omg I cant wait for this match! 4 more days ffs
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:56 pm

Really nervous pale 

Someone merge this with this: http://www.goallegacy.net/t32173-champions-league-playoff
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:46 pm

Merged, sorry for the delay M99.

I imagine that in the next few days I'll become quite nervous, however right now I'm calm and simply excited to finally be able to watch some proper football again.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:52 pm

Its rumored Zakaria Bakkali might be out for the first leg
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by DiRocco Fri Aug 16, 2013 6:24 pm

Strootman and Mertens were very, very important players for the PSV team that made it this far. Strootman def was a rock in midfield and Mertens had loads of assists. As long as you boys show up with your heads on correctly I think you will comfortably reach the group stages.

Bakkali is still only a young kid, and regardless of his recent from I dont think will cause much if any problem for a 'physically strong' team like Milan. Looks like a promising player though.
DiRocco
DiRocco
Prospect
Prospect

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sat Aug 17, 2013 3:30 am

Mark van Bommel insists PSV will cause AC Milan problems in their Champions League play-off clash first leg on Tuesday.

The retired midfielder, who represented both sides in an illustrious 20-year career, feels the Rossoneri will have their hands full coping with a youthful and vibrant Dutch attack - although he admits the tie is poised on a kinfe-edge.

“It will be a very difficult game for both teams,” he told Milan Channel. “PSV have changed a lot, they have a lot of young players and they are a very quick team.

“Milan doesn’t know how PSV play, they all run a lot. [Adam] Maher is the best player for PSV and their attack is so dangerous that they can hurt you from one moment to the next.

“But Milan are Milan and if you play in a team like this it is impossible not to do well. [Kevin-Prince] Boateng, [Mario] Balotelli and even the defence is very strong, otherwise they would not be playing at Milan.

“I can tell you that PSV are not happy to have drawn Milan for the knock-out round. I think they are very good at going forward but they have a very young defence. It will be a very interesting match to watch at the stadium because who knows what can happen."

Van Bommel admitted his allegiances are torn for the up-coming tie, despite having only represented the San Siro outfit for 18 months.

“I played for a year and a half for Milan but it felt like 10 years," he explained. "It was such a joy for me and I cried a lot when I left. I played seven years at PSV but I think the best players I played with were at Milan even though last season many of them left.

"It is very difficult for me to decide who to support; only one will go through.”

--------------------------------------------------

One would have easily forgiven him for letting his heart side with the team of his youth. It just goes to demonstrate the depth of his attachment that he feels torn when it would seem to many to be a simple decision of who to support.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:00 am

PSV draw is not good for us. not only they are super talented, its also like worst timing for us to meet. we got so many injuries.

adam maher, that belgian kid and georgino wijnaldum is the most dangerous.

wijnaldum was recommended by seedorf to milan to sign him up, i guess galliani and braida has gone deaf ears...

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:31 am

If they cost money we wont have none of it!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 2 Empty Central Defender

Post by Pes91 Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 am

I read in some newspaper that Milan for the next match with PSV can't use Mexer because of he was disqualifield last season against Barca and he can't play these two match witn PSV, but in another articles i read that Allegri choose him for the next international match..you now if he can play or not agaist PSV?

Pes91
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:14 am

To my understanding, Mexes will serve a suspension for the first leg against PSV, however barring injury he will be able to play in the second leg in Milan.

Also welcome to the forums! Very Happy
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:11 pm

AC Milan will have Mario Balotelli available for their Champions League play-off with PSV on Tuesday after he came through a friendly unscathed.

The Rossoneri overcame Serie D side Derthona 11-0 at their Milanello training complex on Saturday, with the striker scoring a first-half double to prove his fitness.

Though Balotelli left after completing 45 minutes, it is believed that he demonstrated sufficiently that he has overcome the knee injury he suffered earlier in pre-season, which forced him to miss his club's tour of the USA.

The former Manchester City forward also missed Italy's 2-1 defeat against Argentina in Rome on Wednesday but appears to have vindicated the words of Milan CEO Adriano Galliani, who said earlier this week that Balotelli would be ready for the upcoming European encounter.

Luca Antonini and Bakaye Traore remain the only injury concerns for Milan ahead of their trip to Eindhoven
_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Who's complaining lol
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:12 pm

PSV's excellent start to life under Phillip Cocu continued as they defeated Go Ahead Eagles 3-0 on Saturday ahead of their Champions League qualification clash with Milan in midweek.

The Philips Stadion outfit made it three from three for 2013-14 as they claimed top spot in the Eredivisie standings by virtue of goal difference.

Florian Jozefzoon opened the scoring just three minutes into the second half with a close-range finish, before two fine long-distance efforts from Oscar Hiljemark and Memphis Depay wrapped up the points.

PSV were joined in extending their 100 per cent record for the season later in the day, when Zwolle smashed rock-bottom NEC 5-1 away from home.

Fred Benson netted twice for the visitors, while the Nijmegen outfit completed the scoring courtesy of a consolation strike from Cristoph Heimlein in the 76th minute.

Groningen went into Saturday's fixtures also looking to earn their third win of the new campaign, but they came unstuck as they suffered a 4-1 defeat to top-flight new-boys Cambuur.

Michiel Hemmen, Erik Bakker, Ramon Leeuwin and Wout Droste shared out the goals for the hosts as Michael de Leeuw struck for Groningen.

Elsewhere, AZ followed up their excellent win over reigning champions Ajax by beating RKC Waalwijk 2-1 away from home.

Aron Johannsson opened the scoring in the fourth minute for AZ but it looked like they might have to settle for a point when Jean David Beauguel netted with seven minutes left.

However, Maarten Martens responded just 60 seconds later to help the visitors leapfrog their hosts in the standings.

Meanwhile, at the Parkstad Limburg Stadion, Roda JC and Vitesse shared a 1-1 draw courtesy of goals from Marc Hocher and Valeri Kazaishvili.
________________________________________________________________________________________

pale 
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:13 pm

No CL for us this year, i can already feel it
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:14 pm

AC Milan assistant coach Mauro Tassotti believes that the club must give their all in their upcoming Champions League match against PSV Eindhoven.

The Rossoneri are preparing to take on the Dutch side in the preliminary round of the Champions League, as the two sides will meet for the first leg on August 20 at the Philips Stadion in Eindhoven.

Tassotti spoke to Milan Channel about the challenge that lies ahead of the Italian side and conceded that the squad must remain aggressive.

“All of our preparations have been based on this Champions League game,” said the former Diavolo defender.

“We want to go as far as we can in this competition.

“We’ve played the appropriate games, but this isn’t the same as the league or a friendly.

“Our opponents do very well in possession and are very good in attack, so we have to play a very aggressive game.

“Their stadium is not very large, but it is warm. This will not be an easy game due to their great enthusiasm at home.”

Milan spent time in the United States on tour this summer and played in the Guinness International Champions Cup, and the 53-year-old admitted that they’re still getting back into the swing of things since returning to Italy.

“We haven’t had much time to study our opponents, we just recently begun assembling the squad and the tactical work,” he continued.

“The only doubts we have are those regarding the away setting of the match and the intensity.

“We haven’t played a lot of matches at a high pace this summer. In America, the climatic conditions affected our rhythm.

“Now we’re only focused on Tuesday’s game, we cannot think of anything else.

“We only have PSV on our minds and we hope to get a good result because it’s critical that we pass this round, in many aspects.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:15 pm

I'd refer to them more as injury blessings than concerns. Laughing As much as I like Antonini for his loyal service, he's no real place in our project for the future and it would be best for all if he can find a club where he could be first choice and enjoy the rest of his playing days. The less said about good old Bakaye the better.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:37 pm

Zapata and Silvestre in central defense it seems, if Abate can make it back then he takes RB spot. If not that Zaccardo..

Constant--Zapata---Silvestre---Zaccardo        

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 2 Anguis12
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 18, 2013 3:19 pm

im so nervous for this
Ganso
Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next