Forza
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
M99
23 posters

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 7 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Coach Massimiliano Allegri has called up 23 players for the second leg of the Champions League play-offs against PSV Eindhoven.

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola.

Defenders: Abate, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata.

Midfielders: Boateng, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli.

Strikers: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, Petagna, Robinho.

Allegri not using the de Montoli midfield in previous games so he can unleash its magnificence on PSV? hmm

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 7 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by M99 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:13 pm

Massimiliano Allegri has warned PSV that AC Milan will go at them all guns blazing in the second leg of their Champions League playoff on Wednesday.

The Dutch side must score at least once to have any chance of qualifying for the group stages following a 1-1 draw at the Philips Stadion a week ago, but despite holding the advantage of an away goal, Allegri says his men will be going all out for the win.

"We must have a positive attitude,” Allegri told the official club's website.

“We played a good match in the first leg, now we have to think about winning this match and not conceding a goal.

“We know how important the game is. We are facing a team that plays good football and that made life difficult for us.

“They create a lot of chances and we should not think about playing a defensive game."

Stephen El Shaarawy’s opening goal was cancelled out on the hour by Tim Matavz’s equaliser, and the Italian giants were lucky not to go home beaten after Phillip Cocu’s young side created a host of chances.

The Rossoneri were also well below par in their Serie A opener at the weekend – ceding a one goal lead to go down 2-1 at Hellas Verona.

Yet Allegri believes that defeat will only inspire his team to deliver the goods in Europe.

“Verona has to be just a blip. We must bounce back from that game and go back to the performance against PSV," he continued.

"For the first time in my three years in charge there was a bad approach to the game. Then there were also some mistakes in the reading of the game and those are things we can improve on.

“Errors are part of the game but what mustn't happen is the same approach as Saturday.

“We can do really well, we will have to suffer a bit and we must not think that we automatically deserve to win because of who we are.”

Allegri’s cause is not assisted by a lengthy list of absentees, but the 46-year-old is confident Brazilian striker Robinho could feature.

"Unfortunately Robinho picked up the injury just as he was hitting full fitness," he said.

“Robi is a quality player and he has done very well at Milan. This is an important year for him, he is out to prove himself.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 pm

AC Milan defender Cristian Zapata believes that the Rossoneri will be ready for their Champions League match against PSV Eindhoven this week despite losing to Verona over the weekend.

The Rossoneri hope to impress in their second leg of their Champions League playoff tie against the Dutch side after ending the first leg in Eindhoven with a 1-1 draw.

Zapata spoke to Sportal.it about Wednesday’s game and insisted that the Diavolo will succeed in front of their fans.

“The draw in Eindhoven was a good result, but now we must win in front of our home fans,” said the 26-year-old.

“We have to beat them. It’s essential for us to reach the group stage of the Champions League. We will do all it takes.

“PSV? They are a strong team. They are small, but very fast.

“You can see that they’re ahead of us in preparation.

“Playing at the San Siro will be a plus for us. It will give us a big hand, as always.”

The Colombian international then shared his opinion on who Serie A’s biggest signing was this summer and praised AC Milan team-mate Andrea Petagna.

“Who was the most important purchase of the summer? I say [Gonzalo] Higuain. He’s a very dangerous striker.

“He does everything well. He’s a great goalscorer with good dribbling and speed. In short, he’s a complete player.

“Which Milan player would I put my bets on succeeding? Well, to leave out the usual names, I’ll say Petagna.

“I really believe in him. He has great potential.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:04 pm

#MilanPSV: De Sciglio, Muntari and Robinho are the favorites to play from the start instead of Emanuelson, Poli and El Shaarawy.
[Tweeted by @Milanello]

.... I support De Sciglio, but Robinho ahead of SES ? I know he was invisible against verona, but he didn't see much of the ball to begin with...Allegri should consider what he did in the 1st leg ..... PLEASE! T_T
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:26 am

Poli not starting :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: 
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:23 am

i dont understand either why poli isnt playing... this game is so important!

btw i saw in milanello twitter - Poli completed 93% of his passes in the first half (26 out of 28). amazing!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:26 am

we cant loose this match... if we loose we will potentially loose more than 30 million

people like braida and allegri dont deserve to be in the club.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:48 am

The team is in a bad condition mentally, get ready to be underwhelmed tonight

Hope we get an easy group for the EL
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:16 pm

Normally I like to lend a bit of support to Milan in the CL. But when PSV win we're gonna get loads of extra tv money so pls go.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:18 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Normally I like to lend a bit of support to Milan in the CL. But when PSV win we're gonna get loads of extra tv money so pls go.
Let's be honest, you won't spend it. Stay with us Tom. drinking
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:21 pm

rofl

Marotta is like a dragon ffs, he sits in a room full of gold and sleeps. I want him to be at ease and enjoy himself.

Do you know how many precious trinkets Beppe can buy with £30,000,000?
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:23 pm

About half of Bendtner's leg. hmm
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:26 pm

Laughing

Speaking of strikers who can't score. I just remembered that should Milan qualify, they're intent on buying Matri

Either way, Juve stand to make a fair bit of money after tonight Proud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Allegri has stated in the past that he is perfectly content with using Petagna until Pazzini recovers and given the unreliable nature of the source and the fact that this seems to be a recurring rumour each transfer window I do not expect Matri to arrive if we emerge victorious. I would however expect investment in the final week of the transfer window should we secure the funds related to playing in the Champions League.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:32 pm

I'd take it with a pinch of salt

Everybody at Juve said we'd sell two strikers and let Boakye take the 5th spot. Now it's emerging that we intend to loan him out again to Elche (Think it was Elche)

Don't worry my friend, no need to try and Jinx it. Matri's coming home Proud

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 7 Matri10

ProudProudProudProudProudProudProud
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:37 pm

man I'm wishing we don't qualify just so we don't get Matri...useless signing for like 10-12 *bleep* MILLIONS I MEAN WTF GET A REAL CB U TWITS T_T... JESUS.
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:38 pm

Tbf I give Ale Matri a hard time but he's a very good striker. Just not what we need

His runs and positioning is top notch.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:43 pm

Matri has literally been linked with us for four straight windows now, I'm unconcerned. Also whilst I would agree that he is a fine poacher, we will have little need of him when Pazzini returns and he would have little time as it is to adjust to a new squad and environment. It should also be noted that Matri is a player who excels when given a succession of games, where as his impact at Milan would expected to be from the bench, something that he may very well adjust to as Pazzini did or something he may struggle to cope with. Given the risks involved to fulfil a short term need and the fact that this has been in the papers every time journalists had nothing to write about in the past leaves me totally unmoved by the rumour.

Also whilst I have not followed any transfer news surrounding Boakye in recent times, it may be that a loan option that satisfies both player and management arose, leading Juventus to then reassess their stance. In any case, it just amplifies your need to retain Matri :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:46 pm

In that case, brb i'll fetch my imaginary PSV top.

Although, we'll look back on this and have a great laugh when Milan miss out on the CL, sell Balo for £25M and bring in Matri as his replacement

An extra £30,000,000 or so T.V money, and £15,000,000 from a desperate Milan.

ffs give me a hug Galliani.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:56 pm

On the first leg, I was extremely disappointed with the selection of Emanuelson and it is a mistake that must not be repeated. Whislt he proved to be relatively competent when matching his winger for pace on the outside, he was distastrous positionally when the play drifted inside and on five or six occasions when PSV attacked, Emanuelson allowed his attacker to occupy a goal side position, leaving Urby stranded in a position he could not recover from. Fortunately we were protected by the decision making of a talented but ultimately young and inexperienced team, some good fortune and the good play of others in that leg, however his lack of defensive nous was on full display and playing him would be tempting fate.

De Jong's return is vital to the team, whilst I naturally advocate Poli's inclusion. The news that Muntari may be starting is unwelcome, however I would at this point much rather see Sulley than Nocerino. Neither excel in possession, however Muntari provides a defensive presence against the counter attack that Nocerino fails to in part due to his different role in midfield and in part due to his astonishing lack of pace and strength in the tackle. I do believe that Muntari looked underdone physically, as did most of the team in the first leg, however at such times, the more positionally disciplined option is often the most preferable.

Our game against Verona exemplified the need to provide support for El Shaarawy who was left horrifically isolated by the lack of ambition shown by Constant on and off the ball and in Nocerino's ineffectiveness in position. A map of player influence of that game showed that El Shaarawy's influence was deeper in the pitch than that of Antonio. It is little wonder that the Pharaoh failed to influence the game when left so bereft of support in possession in attack whilst also having to contribute significantly in defence. It is however dangerous to ask our fullbacks to push up significantly when Abate will already be under instruction to do so down the right and given the limited preseason that our left backs managed contributing further to the issue of fatigue.

Whilst Niang is no doubt an asset, I have no issue with seeing Boateng or Robinho start ahead of him as I feel he is better suited to making an impact from the bench. I would not feel comfortable with Binho starting ahead of SES however. Niang however has shown a tendency to fail to adjust to a game when things do not work for him very early on in the course of a match. Dealing with frustration is a key issue that Mbaye faces and learning to keep a cool head and rely on his teammates as much as himself in such situations is vital, but something that arrives with experience. A poor start from Niang could mean an ineffective hour in attack for Milan, however I would like to see him brought on during the last half an hour.

Victory means everything tonight and I demand nothing less than a fierce performance that sees us home. Forza Milan.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:00 pm

MDS & NDJ are key. I too can live with Muntari & KPB starting as long as we have those two back.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:01 pm

Emanuelson, Constant etc. They're just simply not good enough for a top club. I understand they wanted to ship players off to clear the wage bill. But, going after poor free agents and average players is never a solution. Not for the first team

If Milan get through then these players, throw in Traore, Muntari etc for good measure... Need sold if possible.

I've said plenty of times a 4-2-3-1 would suit Milan extremely well. Instead of this 4-3-3 nonsense

Abate---------Sahko--------Mexes---------MDS
----------------NDJ--------Monty----------------
Niang/Binho--------Honda------------------SES
---------------------Balotelli---------------------

Drop in Poli/whoever when need be.

Also look at getting a first team replacement on the right. I put Niang in but personally I just don't rate him.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:02 pm

We shipped out Traore in exchange for Birsa. Laughing
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:03 pm

Lmao I was unaware.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:07 pm

Amazed, it was a pretty earth shattering transfer. Made the front page of pretty much every reputable Newspaper there is.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Now that you mention it, they did do a 2 hour special on Sky News. Not just Sport news either.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next