Forza
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
M99
23 posters

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by Ganso Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:19 am

im so nervous for this

Ganso
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 3 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by Forza Sun Aug 18, 2013 8:29 am

Relax, our preparations against that Serie D team will give us the edge we need Proud
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:00 pm

AC Milan legend Filippo Inzaghi has said it is unthinkable for his former club to be knocked out of the Champions League before the group stages.

The Rossoneri face PSV Eindhoven in the preliminary stages of the continent's elite tournament on Tuesday, before welcoming Phillip Cocu's men to San Siro eight days later.

And the 40-year-old, who won the competition twice in his 11-year stint with the club, says failure is not an option for the seven-time champions of Europe.

"This is a very important week for all of us Milan fans. It will be tough, but we are Milan and I hope we can qualify," he told Sky Sport Italia.

"We cannot underestimate PSV because they are a young team with great potential, but it is very important Milan qualify. We cannot be eliminated from the Champions League."

Milan secured their passage to this stage of the tournament on the final day of last season at the expense of Fiorentina.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:05 pm

I wonder if Allegri will be blamed if we dont go through. Would be silly though.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 18, 2013 11:05 pm

just checked PSV's last game in youtube against Go Eagles, and PSV seems incredibly fast in build up playing in attacking. unlike our forwards, their forwards are always mobile here and there in spaces, and even if they are man marked, they are mobile, and that gives midfield lot of alternative, as opponents defenders are busy marking forwards. impressive stuff from PSV.

we got a big game in hand.

they are a bit fragile in set pieces but otherwise solid all around

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:40 am

Eivindo wrote:I wonder if Allegri will be blamed if we dont go through. Would be silly though.
if allegri play right players, and tactically guide how to expose PSV then, even if we loose, that won't be allegri's fault.

i hope allegri plays with right players. playing players like muntari or boateng right from the beginning in the game of this magnitude, we all know how they are show offs and will give possession that will only give PSV some serious advantage. allergi should know it, and i hope he does.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:48 am

I have a feeling this match will have some controversial calls lol
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:42 am

Coach Massimiliano Allegri has called up 21 players for the Champions League qualifier against PSV Eindhoven.

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola .

Defenders: Abate, Constant, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata.

Midfielders: Boateng, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli

Strikers: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, Petagna.

Mexes hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 19, 2013 4:56 am

What I want:

Abbiati
Abate - Zap - Mex - MDS
Poli - NDJ - Monty
Niang - Balo - SES

What we'll see:

Abbiati
Abate - Zap - Mex - MDS
Poli - NDJ - Monty
KBP
Balo - SES

IMO, it's pointless to go 4-3-1-2 without having bought a proper TQ.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:01 am

Sadly, De Sciglio won't be available judging by the squad SES just posted Forza. Otherwise, agreed entirely, though I'm worried that we might see Nocerino ahead of Poli.
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:48 am

We really need Boateng to bring his a-game and spread some energy to the players. I dont want to see that sloppy passing-game of his!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:12 pm

Allegri: [Kevin-Prince]Boateng, [Mario] Balotelli and [Stephan] El Shaarawy will be the strikers tomorrow against PSV. [Andrea] Petagna and [M'Baye] Niang will be on the bench.

Abbiati
Abate-Mexes-Zapata-Constant
Poli-De Jong-Montolivo
Boateng
El Shaarawy-Balotelli

What's wrong with MDS? I thought only Traore and Antonini are injured.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:30 pm

Don't ask how, but i just know that Muntari will start
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:02 pm

PSV are in good form, but nothing to go crazy about. They're great from the midfield-and a lil bit up top but defence-wise there are some serious gapholes. If you see here, they were lucky and relied much on the keeper to save the Eagles chances at goal. From what I saw, SES and Balo will have a walk in the park with that defence, the fullbacks don't mark wide enough on the flanks. On the midfield they're quick and creative so hopefully de jong can fulfill his role here and break those quick plays and counters.

I'm really excited and positive for tomorrow it will be a tough match, but I have confidence in our chances.

Guys, we have officially gone back to 4-3-3 now, since we don't have a proper TQ. When Saponara and Honda are fully introduced in the squad then we will probably see 4-3-1-2. Meanwhile Saponara will probably play RW when he begins to get playtime.

my prediction for the 1st leg is: 2-1, Balo and Muntari.

yes. Muntari will start, you'll see. (not that I want that but lulz)
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:04 pm

i gotta feeling that muntari and boateng will screw up this game and cost us!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:08 pm

Muntari is not playing bad, but Boateng is... Niang will come on for boateng as a super sub and save the day Very Happy

The only way Muntari can screw up our game is having a mental fart and doing some crazy fouls.. I certainly prefer Muntari over Nocerino atm, Poli will play as a sub for sure too.

Now if I see a Poli-NDJ-Monty midfield tomorrow, I'm gonna marry Max. k
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 pm

Eindhoven

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/q71/13587_514954468580360_971759335_n.jpg
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by KR10 Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:23 pm

dostoevsky wrote:Sadly, De Sciglio won't be available judging by the squad SES just posted Forza. Otherwise, agreed entirely, though I'm worried that we might see Nocerino ahead of Poli.
Allegri said in his interview today it's between Muntari and Nocenka for the LCM spot... Poli is not even in contention it seems.

I can only think of 3 reasons

1) Poli still hasn't learned Allegri's systems (hopefully the reason)
2) Fitness issues
3) Allegri somehow thinks Poli can't play the B2B role he wants from one of his CM's (usually filled by fodder such as Flamini, Nocerino, Muntari etc.)

Poli>>>>>Muntari>Nocerino. If Muntari and Nocerino are going to be getting significant minutes this year, we are in dire need of another midfielder

KR10
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:41 pm

i don't know what allegri sees in muntari that is so damn important to see him in first 11 against game of this magnitude. like k10 says, unless poli has serious fitness issues.

i gotta strange feeling that muntari and boateng are going to seriously f. k up this game.

it disgusts me that they are still part of allegri's plan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:51 pm

if we dont make it in CL, Fiorentina are absolutely going to mock us, thats for sure.

allegri.. u better get this job done!

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:57 am

ah, the anticipation!
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:17 am

PSV coach Phillip Cocu has insisted that his side need to do more than just stop Mario Balotelli when they host AC Milan for a spot in the Champions League group stage on Tuesday.

The Italy striker has shone at San Siro since his transfer from Manchester City in January, though the Dutch giants' boss is adamant that the Rossoneri have other players who can hurt them in the first leg of the play-off.

"We're not just going to try to stop Balotelli," he told reporters. "We have to beat AC Milan over two matches – that's our goal, our task and our challenge.

"We're playing against an absolutely great team with a lot of individual qualities and qualities as a group. What I've seen from them was a very high level and we shouldn't think too easy about that now."

The Dutch giants had several high-profile players move on in the off-season, including Dries Mertens, Kevin Strootman and Erik Pieters, but Cocu is confident that the replacements - such as €8 million signing Adam Maher - can fill the void.

"At PSV we're used to the fact that players leave our club and more players left than usual this year," he continued. "You need to cope with that as soon as possible and it's difficult to form a team again.

"But I'm really satisfied about the progression and the players [signed] in those positions will prove to be good replacements."

The Eredivisie side travel to San Siro for the return leg on August 28, with kick-off in both clashes at 20:45CET.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:34 am

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 3 BSG6XOkCYAEa9o9

Bojan Sad
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:33 am

PSV midfielder Adam Maher has expressed his confidence that his side can beat AC Milan in their Champions League play-off clash.

The first leg on Tuesday at the Philips Stadion comes before Serie A has kicked off, while the Eredivisie is three rounds into the 2013-14 campaign, with the Eindhoven giants atop the table.

The 20-year-old is revelling in the opportunity to play against a club as big as the Rossoneri and has urged his team-mates to go all-out to knock Massimiliano Allegri's men out of the competition and make it into the group stage.

"I think it's very exciting to play against AC Milan," the 20-year-old told Goal.

"We must do everything to win it. I am confident in a good result."

Maher joined PSV for an estimated €8 million in the summer from AZ and the midfielder believes that he is improving alongside his new team-mates at the club.

"I think I'm making progress," the Dutchman added. "We feel more closely-knit in midfield and know what to expect from each other."

PSV-Milan kicks off at 20:45CET on Tuesday ahead of the return leg at San Siro on Wednesday August 28.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by dostoevsky Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:04 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 3 BSG6XOkCYAEa9o9

Bojan Sad
Not enamoured of Bojan as a player but I actually miss his presence in the squad, he's a very likable character.

As for the game, I am content with playing the first leg away from home. We will need a high level of concentration and organisation in this game. It is unfortunate that our first official match of the season is such an important one and that we have had no other official games to refine the team by fire. Finding an away goal to bring back to the San Siro should be considered a priority. PSV are an inexperienced team and our experience of high pressure situations must be put to good use by ensuring we put this side under scoreboard pressure. Our physicality in midfield and emphasis on possession for defensive purposes should serve us well in passing through this tie. We have an opportunity to end the tie in this away leg, however any result except a loss will realistically be acceptable with a game at home to come.

My biggest concerns as far as the starting line-up pertain to the use of Boateng in his hybrid RW position of last season rather than tucked in behind the strikers and Poli's use ahead of Nocerino and Muntari. Whilst I haven't read the interview myself, it has been mentioned that Allegri referred to the final position in midfield as being contested by Antonio and Sulley, however I will maintain hope that Andrea is chosen until the starting line-ups are released. There's little to be said, Poli is essentially a superior player tactically and technically to both and has furthermore earnt his spot through his excellent performances in pre-season.

Now let's do this :coffee:
dostoevsky
dostoevsky
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:02 am

Im so tired of that fitness excuse from both Allegri and our club. Why do Serie A start so late then? It is obviously not helping teams that must qualify for the CL or EL or whatever.

Would be absolutely ridiculous to throw at least 30 million euroes and LOTS of pride out the window because we havent had enough time to run around at Milanello. Be a redicule for all the world to see!

A must win!
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next