Forza
urbaNRoots
Kaladin
Tomwin Lannister
M99
23 posters

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by M99 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm

Phillip Cocu feels PSV dominated proceedings in the 1-1 Champions League play-off draw against AC Milan at the Philips Stadion on Tuesday and was pleased with their performance.

Tim Matavz's strike on the hour mark allowed the Dutch giants to draw level after Stephan El Shaarawy opened the scoring for the visitors early in the first half.

The Eindhoven outfit missed a number of chances to take a lead to the San Siro in a week's time, but Cocu was still full of praise for his side's showing against the Italian giants.

"I'm definitely satisfied by the way we've played. We've dominated the game," Cocu said to reporters.

"From the first minute we've put a lot of pressure on Milan. Our defence pushed forward. We have also created a lot of chances. So I'm very happy with that."

Cocu also praised the performance of Korean veteran Park Ji-Sung, who was a constant threat to the Milan defence in his first game since his return to PSV this summer.

"I know what kind of player Park is. He is the kind of player we might need during the game. That's why he was in the starting eleven," Cocu said.

"He has a good insight into the game and gets in the right positions on the pitch. On the wing, between the defence and sometimes even in the centre of midfield.

"He is technically gifted and is able to play together in the team. He also ensures calmness in the team."

The return at San Siro is scheduled to take place on Wednesday August 28.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven - Page 6 Empty Re: Champions League Playoff: AC Milan vs PSV Eindhoven

Post by M99 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 pm

Adam Maher remains optimistic about PSV's chances of making it to the group stages of the Champions League at the expense of AC Milan after their 1-1 home draw in the first leg.

Stephan El Shaarawy gave Milan before the break, before Tim Matavz restored parity in the second half, but Phillip Cocu's side were unable to get a winner in the remainder of the game.

Nevertheless, the 20-year-old feels the Eredivisie giants can still progress if they put in a similar performance in the return fixture.

"This match is a real confidence boost ahead of the return. We can beat Milan at San Siro if we replicate our performance from the first leg," he told Goal.

"We were confident that we could get a positive result and could have even won the match. Our display did not surprise me. I know what our qualities are and what Milan can do. And we now showed against a team of Milan's stature what we're capable of, too.

"It was a real shame that we didn't find the net early on, because you know they will capitalise on every mistake and that happened for the opener.

"We would perhaps have settled for a 1-1 draw before the game, but in hindsight we wouldn't. We could have achieved more, even though I think we should be satisfied with a 1-1 draw."

Matavz, meanwhile, felt that PSV deserved more than a draw, yet stressed that the tie is not over just yet.

"We put in a good performance and created a lot of chances. I'm satisfied with how we played, but 1-1 is not the best of results heading into the second leg. We could have gotten a better result," the Slovenian striker said.

"We put in a good display and I hope we can play a similar game in the return. Milan hold the edge and it will not be easy, but we have nothing to lose."

The return at San Siro takes place on August 28.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:33 pm

AC Milan midfielder Riccardo Montolivo has revealed that his team are disappointed with their draw against PSV Eindhoven on Tuesday.

The Rossoneri travelled to the Philips Stadion to take on their Dutch opponents in the first leg of the Champions League preliminary round and the match ended in a 1-1 draw, with the Italian side’s goal coming from Stephan El Shaarawy in the first half.

Montolivo spoke to Mediaset after the match and conceded that the team had wanted to do better.

“From the point of view of our condition, we have paid,” said the 28-year-old. “But we still had a good game.

“We expected to play a certain way, but we kept trying to blow up our game to give ourselves more continuity.

“Of course we are disappointed to not achieve the win.”

The Italian international then commented on his new role as AC Milan captain, as well as his ability to change positions on the field.

“It’s not enough to say that I had done enough after a year in this shirt to earn the captain’s armband. You have to show it in the space of your whole career.

“Being flexible is a positive, all coaches want players who can adapt to multiple roles.

“Certainly, there is always doubt on which position is my best.”
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:24 pm

AC Milan full-back Ignazio Abate has praised the side's team spirit following their 1-1 Champions League playoff draw against PSV Eindhoven.

Abate said that he did not expect to recover from his shoulder injury quite so quickly, and is delighted with how the players understand each other on the pitch since last year.

"I did not expect to come back so well, in fact not even to come back so quickly, but I've worked so hard to get back in the team," he told LegaSerieA.it.

"The coach gave me confidence and I tried to pay it off in the best of ways. Now against PSV we play the return leg at the San Siro.

"We are an amazing group, I know it is a cliche, but it is. We are very united and have a great understanding. Since last year the group has united a lot."

Abate has been at Milan since 2003.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Eivindo Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:40 pm

Oh I love Abate. What a rarity he is.
Eivindo
Eivindo
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:15 am

AC Milan are relieved to have learnt that Nigel De Jong and Kevin-Prince Boateng are not as seriously injured as first feared after they picked up knocks during the Champions League qualifier against PSV Eindhoven on August 20.

The Dutchman underwent a scan on August 21 that revealed some bad bruising on a toe on his left foot but nothing more serious.

Tests also revealed the Ghanaian midfielder has some bruising on his left thigh.

According to Sky Sport Italia, both players will miss the season’s opening fixture away at Hellas Verona on August 24.

However, that is expected to be the only match that the midfield pair will be forced to watch from the sidelines as the Rossoneri’s medical staff believe both should be fit in time to face PSV in the return fixture on August 28 at the San Siro.

De Jong only featured 12 times for Milan during the 2012-13 as a ruptured Achilles tendon kept him out for much of the season.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TonyDaBeast Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:52 pm

de jong is in the 21 man squad Allegri named Smile
TonyDaBeast
TonyDaBeast
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:49 am

I'm very nervous for this next game, could literally make our entire season. IF we make it past PSV expect two more signings. IF we lose..........well here is our team.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 am

I cannot understand why we didn't just make the signings first to ensure that we got CL football. Then we get the money and pay them off.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:51 am

TonyDaBeast wrote:de jong is in the 21 man squad Allegri named Smile
De Jong is the difference between winning and losing. :bow:
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:54 am

Forza wrote:I cannot understand why we didn't just make the signings first to ensure that we got CL football. Then we get the money and pay them off.
Problem is that winning was not a certainty and we cannot take that risk.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:01 am

Milantildeath wrote:
Forza wrote:I cannot understand why we didn't just make the signings first to ensure that we got CL football. Then we get the money and pay them off.
Problem is that winning was not a certainty and we cannot take that risk.
Winning is never a certainty, but with a squad that has Eriksen, Honda, Sakho, Ljajic, etc. that goes a long way to securing CL football. Furthermore, Berlu can just open up his "gift for the fans" reserves if we actually do get knocked out. We all know he has significant money and is just playing poor in these harsh financial circumstances. 30m is not much to him in the grand scheme of things.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:58 am

Montolivo fears AC Milan hangover against PSV

Riccardo Montolivo has demanded AC Milan do not suffer a Champions League hangover against PSV after their 2-1 defeat at Verona.

The Rossoneri were humbled by a Luca Toni double on the opening day of Serie A on Saturday, prompting the club's captain to urge the squad to up their game ahead of the second-leg of their European play-off on Wednesday.

"Each of us must look at ourselves and give something more to win games, fortunately we have an important match and we will look to make up for everything," he told reporters.

"We cannot make a repeat of how we started last season, luckily we have this crucial match on Wednesday.

"We know it is a crossroads for our season, we have to turn the page and focus on this match at the San Siro."

Milan led Verona until the half hour mark thanks to Andrea Poli's 15th minute strike, but two goals from Toni condemned Massimiliano Allegri's side to defeat.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Cookie Monster Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:30 pm

Third game of the season and it's already a crossroads. Ridiculous.
Cookie Monster
Cookie Monster
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:25 pm

Saponara is back according to a report Surprised, I doubt he will play on wednesday but it's good to have some talent available for the team for the coming games Smile
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 26, 2013 6:05 pm

SKY: Saponara will be back from injury after the international break. (15 September).
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Rickinch Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:00 pm

Thanks for the confirmation ES, I can't wait to see him play for us
Rickinch
Rickinch
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:24 pm

AC Milan midfielder Andrea Poli has warned his team-mates that they must make the Champions League group stage ahead of their qualifier with PSV on Wednesday.

The Rossoneri claimed a 1-1 draw with the Dutch giants at the Philips Stadion last week but suffered a disappointing 2-1 loss to newly-promoted Hellas Verona at the weekend, with the former Inter man on the scoresheet.

And while the Italy international is upset about the performance his team put in, he feels this week's fixture presents the perfect opportunity to put the defeat behind them.

"We wanted to start well but we didn't manage it. I'm happy about my goal, but not the loss," he told the club's official website.

"Luckily we have another big game coming up and we can get back on track. [Saturday]'s loss was a bad performance. It's been analysed and we want to put it behind us as soon as we can - starting on Wednesday.

"We have a lot of games ahead of us and Wednesday's will be fundamental. We played a positive game in the first leg but we know we'll be up against a good team.

"We have to get through at all costs and we have all the right ingredients to do it."
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:50 am

If Poli does not start, I want Allegri's head.
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:51 am

Abbiati
Abate - Zap - Mex - MDS
Poli - NDJ - Monty
Niang - Balo - SES
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:12 am

-------------------Abbiati
Abate------Zapata-------Mexes-------MDS

------------------De Jong
----------Poli------------------Montolivo

-----Robhino----------------------SES
--------------------Balo
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 27, 2013 5:51 am

Idk, Robinho came on against Verona and did nothing.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Milantildeath Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:04 am

Forza wrote:Idk, Robinho came on against Verona and did nothing.
I actually think he was a lot more dangerous than SES and Niang in this particular match
Milantildeath
Milantildeath
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:15 am

Milantildeath wrote:
I actually think he was a lot more dangerous than SES and Niang in this particular match
Honestly, I don't think anyone played particularly well. I'd just rather see us playing young talent instead of a player who has reached his ceiling. This sounds harsh, but Robinho is not of much use to the club any more. I hope he proves me wrong, but I expect another injury ravaged season with no glimpse of the talented young Robinho who went to Madrid all those years ago.
Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Il Diavolo Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:26 pm

Forza wrote:
Milantildeath wrote:
Honestly, I don't think anyone played particularly well. I'd just rather see us playing young talent instead of a player who has reached his ceiling. This sounds harsh, but Robinho is not of much use to the club any more. I hope he proves me wrong, but I expect another injury ravaged season with no glimpse of the talented young Robinho who went to Madrid all those years ago.
Niang is young and I definitely think over the course of the season, he should be give more playing time. And while Robinho may have reached his peak (and dropped from it) I still think he'd be a better choice for this game given how much we have on the line. This game could literally make or break our season (30m FFS). I am yet to see anything of note from Niang. All he does is run really fast and shoot the ball miles wide every now and then. So my choice would be Robinho, who on form can be much more effective then Niang.
Il Diavolo
Il Diavolo
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:35 pm

Coach Massimiliano Allegri has called up 23 players for the second leg of the Champions League play-offs against PSV Eindhoven.

Goalkeepers: Abbiati, Amelia, Coppola.

Defenders: Abate, Constant, De Sciglio, Mexes, Silvestre, Zaccardo, Zapata.

Midfielders: Boateng, Cristante, De Jong, Emanuelson, Montolivo, Muntari, Nocerino, Poli.

Strikers: Balotelli, El Shaarawy, Niang, Petagna, Robinho.

Allegri not using the de Montoli midfield in previous games so he can unleash its magnificence on PSV? hmm
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next