Rebaño Sagrado
79 posters

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next

Go down

Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.IX - Page 31 Empty Re: Summer Transfer Rumours Mk.IX

Post by Kaladin Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:42 pm

HEIL MEIN REDS wrote:
El Shaarawy wrote:
Yohan Modric wrote:Dortmund, Leverkusen and Schalke interested in Kevin-Prince Boateng, according to Sportmediaset.

German clubs pls
not sure about dortmund or schalke, but leverkusen may

Kinda funny if he's gonna play there in the same position that Ballack did Laughing

I think the fans are going to loathe him Laughing

Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:I dont like "this is how the market is". Like everyone has no choice but to accept these prices and its out of everyones hands.

Clubs signings players they dont need for twice the value...dont do shit like that and maybe just maybe, the market aint like that.

I don't know man, the best players in the world are definitely a limited resource so it makes sense that clubs with money to burn will pay top dollar for those players.

I honestly think this will all balance out over time but right now you can't blame clubs for spending what they can afford on football players. The market is essentially an auction right now and whoever wins an auction is by definition the only guy bidding who feels the product is not overpriced.

As for Wenger I believe his methods are archaic and need an upgrade. Arsenal are never going to sign a top player if he still believes in finding the right player for the right price, like I said it's an auction out there.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:45 pm

But that's what market economics is all about... if there are no buyers, the price will drop automatically.  But since there are buyers and that hasn't changed since forever, are you going to hold on to your personal utopian dream of players being available at some subjective price that has no basis on market conditions?

Just as an example:  A Ferrari in 1995 cost 85K USD.  Today, a Ferrari would cost me 250k USD. I can choose to not buy a Ferrari today because i feel it's overpriced in my mind...  but there's no way that the price of a Ferrari is dropping anytime soon.  In fact, i bet you that in 10 years time, it will be up to 500K at least.

Romantic views on things often have no basis in reality.  Just how it is.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Marseille

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's a question

Let's fast forward 15-20 years, let's say the City owner pulls out completely, and they fail to find backing from another Billionaire. Do you think City/whoever else it happens to be would be in grave danger?

Why?

Even in three years thanks to FFP the club will be breaking even with a turnover of £400M a year and thats a prudent estimate.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:47 pm

Zealous wrote:
The Franchise wrote:I dont like "this is how the market is". Like everyone has no choice but to accept these prices and its out of everyones hands.

Clubs signings players they dont need for twice the value...dont do shit like that and maybe just maybe, the market aint like that.

I don't know man, the best players in the world are definitely a limited resource so it makes sense that clubs with money to burn will pay top dollar for those players.

I honestly think this will all balance out over time but right now you can't blame clubs for spending what they can afford on football players. The market is essentially an auction right now and whoever wins an auction is by definition the only guy bidding who feels the product is not overpriced.  

As for Wenger I believe his methods are archaic and need an upgrade. Arsenal are never going to sign a top player if he still believes in finding the right player for the right price, like I said it's an auction out there.

All these overpriced signings are the best in the world? They really are not.

And yes I do blame the clubs. If there is a bidding war, no shame in that. But who the in the world contested Man City 28m for Milner? Come on now.

And while do Arsenal need to sign a top player? How about someone who is close to one and may eventually become on?
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:53 pm

So our front 6 next season is possibly to be.... Anita-Sissoko-Cabaye Remy-Ben Arfa-Cisse.

With a defence of Debuchy-Yanga-Mbiwa-Coloccini-Santon.

Not even Pardew can f*ck that up surely :facepalm:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealous Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:53 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:

And yes I do blame the clubs. If there is a bidding war, no shame in that. But who the in the world contested Man City 28m for Milner? Come on now.

And while do Arsenal need to sign a top player? How about someone who is close to one and may eventually become on?

I was thinking about the Cavani's and Suarez's when I posted that lol No defending signings like Milner and co. for 30 million but it's not like there was a huge rush to sign those particular guys (with all due respect) so I think it had more to do with poor negotiation skills and scouting than actual market inflation. But for guys like Cavani there was definitely a handful of clubs monitoring his situation.

As for Arsenal I feel they have already wasted 5 years signing potential top players. That imo has not materialised for them and they need a top player now if they want titles now. I'm assuming they actually want to win things but if Arsenal are happy where they are right now then yeah they should just keep doing what they're doing.
Zealous
Zealous
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:55 pm

The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Who said Milner cost £28M?

Milner cost £20M and Stephen Ireland.

How much is Stephen Ireland worth currently?
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:56 pm

And that the other thing...  Madrid, Man U, Bayern and even the newer clubs in the elite like PSG and City are not losing money or not much at all.  They pay a lot, but then market the living daylights out of their team and players internationally, not just locally.  

Yeah they have deep pocket investors or unlimited borrowing capabilities...  but that's not going to change.  Football is becoming a bigger and bigger business internationally and these globally-geared clubs benefit the most from global growth.  The ones that suffer are the clubs that remain locally focused and where this local growth is slower than world growth.

Or you have Arsenal who are plain cheap and refuse to spend money.  That's fine.  It's their choice.  But biatching about the world is not going to change the world and Arsenal will not truly contend for titles unless they either a) hit the jackpot on a youth generation (without selling them before their primes lol) or b) they compete in the global marketplace.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by Le Samourai Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:59 pm

Tomwin Lannister wrote:Here's a question

Let's fast forward 15-20 years, let's say the City owner pulls out completely, and they fail to find backing from another Billionaire. Do you think City/whoever else it happens to be would be in grave danger?

I don't think City plan to spend like that forever. They didn't inject that much money into the youth system and hire all these people with vision to continue living in the short term. With enough success, they'll be a brand, and with decent structures, they'll get investment.

But all this is pointless as the guy won't just pull out. He'll have to sell to others, and that group will have their own way of running things. That's all.
Le Samourai
Le Samourai
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:00 pm

Arsenal close to their second summer signing; 27-year old Romanian striker Ciprian Marica on a free, confirms agent.

http://t.co/GbiXoVnDvl

http://cdn-usa.gagbay.com/2013/06/swat-307797.jpg
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Ciprian the alternative to Suarez :bow:

Cheaper, better, around the same age what a coup :bow:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:02 pm

Yeah but there are many many many Milners.

Of course Cavani, a bidding war will happen if its at his real value.

But dont tell me Madrid have to go to 100m to get Bale, dont tell me Liverpool had to go 35 for Carroll and on and on.

Anyway, I have no problem with what Wenger does. Its not even complicated.

He isnt prepared to spend money Arsenal cant afford on players nowhere near their prices. He is willing to pay for players he thinks are real value, he has even done that with some fairly pricey young players. Sure he misses a couple a good chances every now and again, he aint flawless.

Everyone says he should spend if he wants to win...but what happens when he spends more than they can afford and they dont win? They cant afford to do that like others clubs.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:03 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
Zealous wrote:

Nothing I guess.

And 20m is still too much, he is worth like 10.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Milner was class at Aston Villa £20M + Ireland at the time was a pretty good price.
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by The_Badger Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:But that's what market economics is all about... if there are no buyers, the price will drop automatically.  But since there are buyers and that hasn't changed since forever, are you going to hold on to your personal utopian dream of players being available at some subjective price that has no basis on market conditions?

Just as an example:  A Ferrari in 1995 cost 85K USD.  Today, a Ferrari would cost me 250k USD. I can choose to not buy a Ferrari today because i feel it's overpriced in my mind...  but there's no way that the price of a Ferrari is dropping anytime soon.  In fact, i bet you that in 10 years time, it will be up to 500K at least.

Romantic views on things often have no basis in reality.  Just how it is.

The transfer market has been distorted by oligarchs and sheiks who see football clubs as toys and playthings; an opportunity to flex their financial pecs. The comparison is not the same.

The_Badger
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

sportsczy wrote:

Or you have Arsenal who are plain cheap and refuse to spend money.  That's fine.  It's their choice.  But biatching about the world is not going to change the world and Arsenal will not truly contend for titles unless they either a) hit the jackpot on a youth generation (without selling them before their primes lol) or b) they compete in the global marketplace.

Thats not what is happening though. Nobody is bitching except those who say "OMG, Wenger is so dumb, they dont spend"

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:05 pm

B-Mac wrote:there using the Mirror as there source Laughing
I needed something to put my post on topic Razz

Vibe wrote:LOL when did Bayern sign Schweinsteigers older brother?
Last year. He was signed for Bayern II in the Regionalliga (4th division)

Yohan Modric wrote:Dortmund, Leverkusen and Schalke interested in Kevin-Prince Boateng, according to Sportmediaset.
I read somewhere that KPB is still in contact with Dortmund and would like to return there someday in the future.

RealGunner wrote:Arsenal close to their second summer signing; 27-year old Romanian striker Ciprian Marica on a free, confirms agent.
Well, he didn't make it at Schalke...
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by sportsczy Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 pm

The Franchise wrote:
sportsczy wrote:

Thats not what is happening though. Nobody is bitching except those who say "OMG, Wenger is so dumb, they dont spend"

I meant Wenger is the one biatching... not that he has the choice. He has to justify himself somehow.
sportsczy
sportsczy
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:11 pm

Abramovich wrote:Milner was class at Aston Villa £20M + Ireland at the time was a pretty good price.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2010/aug/17/manchester-city-james-milner-stephen-ireland

Someone needs to prove how much he cost, because it wasnt 20m according to this.

Anyway, even if its 20m.....thats twice the cost of Shaqiri or Mandzukic....like 5m more than Reus...and im sure there are countless examples of much better deals.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ExtremistEnigma Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:12 pm

Ciprian Marica? Are you frakking kidding me? Laughing
ExtremistEnigma
ExtremistEnigma
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:13 pm

The Franchise wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Nothing I guess.

He's worth what someone will pay for him.

chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:14 pm

Arsenal rofl

Even if they sign him because its a free this is still relevant....

http://havearsenalspentanymoneyyet.com/

Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by B-Mac Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:18 pm

chemicalboy99 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:

Nothing I guess.

rofl justification for all city signings!
B-Mac
B-Mac
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by chemicalboy99 Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:22 pm

B-Mac wrote:
chemicalboy99 wrote:
The Franchise wrote:

Nothing I guess.

rofl justification for all city signings!

You not signed ronaldofabregasmodriccharlie adam yet?
chemicalboy99
chemicalboy99
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Onyx Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:31 pm

Arsenal will apparently sign striker Ciprian Marica on a free.

His agent says he's close to Arsenal.

Onyx
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 36 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32 ... 36  Next