Valkyrja
neuro11
MaraVilla
55 posters

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 15 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by free_cat Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:57 pm

The CB will pass back to GK or pass it fast to the other CB. You need to press very strong and fast to cause two cbs problems. If you do a movement between the two, he'll just move it forward with no pressure.

Messi never tracked back and we didn't have much problems there.

free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:35 pm

But that was with a prime Dani Alves. While Dani is no scrub right now, I think all of us would agree he was better in 09.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:30 am

Does anyone think we will buy two centrebacks? A young centreback from South America like Vergini and a more experience one from Europe like Sakho, Koscielny, Agger etc.?
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:33 am

I think Vergini at this point is just paper talk. Martino has yet to sign his contract or meet the team, let alone make transfer suggestions.

Given that it's so late in the market I only see us getting one CB for the first team. Vergini is 24 so he is not that young.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:37 am

Should go for Sakho. Agger wont leave Liverpool
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:45 am

What about the greek guy from Shalke? Papapdjflkadjklfj or whatever his name is
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TheRedStag Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:58 am

windkick wrote:What about the greek guy from Shalke? Papapdjflkadjklfj or whatever his name is

Liverpool have been looking at him for a while. Possible knee problems and Shalke want big money.
TheRedStag
TheRedStag
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Lyon

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am

Ic, thanks for the information
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Moyes says, Fabregas neg. is ongoing....i wonder if we sell him whom are we going to buy to replace......1 month is a long time to buy, but the market is terrible and we have already have a big list for shopping.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Khaled Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:21 pm

I just read that Vergini will cost JUST 0.7M!
He's a young and tall center back (24), read that he was Newell's best defender and if Tata thinks he's good enough... BUY HIM.... But, we'll have to buy another defender also!

Here's some highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9TEUDWsd00
Khaled
Khaled
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 12:52 pm

Khaled wrote:I just read that Vergini will cost JUST 0.7M!
He's a young and tall center back (24), read that he was Newell's best defender and if Tata thinks he's good enough... BUY HIM.... But, we'll have to buy another defender also!

Thanks for the link.....
the guy looks good in the air. 24 yr, .7m (if true)- i think its not a risk atall. Also there are chances he will do good playing under his former coach.
btw, could see him in a game with NT shirt. How many games he played....?? i cant remember his name with Argentina

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:42 pm

Khaled wrote:I just read that Vergini will cost JUST 0.7M!

Nice! For that price he is well worth the risk imo. I hope we pull the trigger. Could turn out to be a real bargain

and apparently we just offered 3M for Samuel (35) from Inter...

WTF -_____-

We have a old defender (Puyol), why on earth would they go get another. I hope it's just a made up rumor linking him to us giving that is Argentinian just like Tata. Cause that would be a straight bullshit signing
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm

free_cat wrote:The CB will pass back to GK or pass it fast to the other CB. You need to press very strong and fast to cause two cbs problems. If you do a movement between the two, he'll just move it forward with no pressure.

And if he goes back to goalie, then its going long...which is great.

And yeah, you need to sprint when pressing...thats the case no matter what position you play.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:42 pm

The Franchise wrote:
free_cat wrote:The CB will pass back to GK or pass it fast to the other CB. You need to press very strong and fast to cause two cbs problems. If you do a movement between the two, he'll just move it forward with no pressure.

And if he goes back to goalie, then its going long...which is great.

And yeah, you need to sprint when pressing...thats the case no matter what position you play.

It will go long if it's the goalie from Osasuna or a Mourinho team. Otherwise he will calmly control de ball and pass it back to the free CB, what Bayern did yesterday.

To press two CBs alone you have to be a machine like Eto'o was or you need support like Xavi used to give some seasons ago. I play as lone CF and it's an impossible task unless you are a machine in stamina and speed.

Last edited by free_cat on Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:49 pm

neuro11 wrote:Moyes says, Fabregas neg. is ongoing....i wonder if we sell him whom are we going to buy to replace......1 month is a long time to buy, but the market is terrible and we have already have a big list for shopping.....

Sell Fabregas for 45 milion.
Ser Alexis for 20 ish.
Sell Song for 15ish.
Sell Mascherano for 15ish.

We could make a lot of money from our deadwood.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:52 pm

And more often you play teams closer to Osasuna's level than Bayern.

Also if you play a team like Bayern and Messi doesnt track back the leftback, its going to be an even more dangerous 2 v 1 because that sort of team has way more quality and will have more of the ball.

Yeah, you need a high level of stamina and speed..but you need that to an even higher degree defending the wing (pressing and tracking back combined).

And again, if you put in shitty effort up front, the centerback will have time and make passes into midfield where your hoping your midfielders will be tight marking the man who recieves the ball. That or the centerback brings the ball out from the back 80m or more from goal.

If its a leftback who is free, as I said, there will be 2 v 1's much closer to goal.

The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:07 pm

free_cat wrote:
neuro11 wrote:Moyes says, Fabregas neg. is ongoing....i wonder if we sell him whom are we going to buy to replace......1 month is a long time to buy, but the market is terrible and we have already have a big list for shopping.....

Sell Fabregas for 45 milion.
Ser Alexis for 20 ish.
Sell Song for 15ish.
Sell Mascherano for 15ish.

We could make a lot of money from our deadwood.

I was thinking about if we do decide to get some actual defenders (Vergini is being rumored plus a big name)....that would leave either Masch or Song as surplus. Masch would be the one to go imo, BUT with Tata being Argentine I could see him wanting to keep his countryman and sell Song instead. We don't need both Song and Masch as Busi back ups. And Barta should be the CB back up. So if it were up to me I would call Rafa at Napoli and ask him if he is interested in getting his boy Masch back and keep Song to back up Busi.

Alexis, I was not sold on him when were linked to him, after we bought him, or even now. the guys offers nothing more than workrate and diving. Seriously could do without him imo. Pedro starting and Deulofeu/Tello backing him up would of been just fine imo for the right wing

if the rumors that Man Utd is offering a monster bid for Cesc....I think we would be flat out stupid to not sell him. I would be more than okay with going with Espinosa and Sergi as our midfield back ups next season and we would have allot of money off the Cesc deal in the event we did have to get another midfielder or some one on the right wing. I didnt mention JDS as he is likely gone to Sociedad sooner or later
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by neuro11 Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:23 pm

I am not interested to sell Cesc whatever money is offered IF we think of replacing him with Espinosa or Sergi......You guyz can day dream replacing an experienced midfielder with a wonder kid....I am not....there is a distance between reality and dream and that exposed when you play quality team.....

neuro11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:35 pm

You are right

My interest in getting rid of Cesc is seriously clouding my judgement. I'll admit it
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:38 pm

So many of you want to sell Cesc for this price which brings me to the blindingly obvious point. All we needed to do was put Fabregas on the market and then Thiago wouldn't have left. So how blind is our board that they couldn't see something this obvious?

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:44 pm

The Franchise wrote:And more often you play teams closer to Osasuna's level than Bayern.

Also if you play a team like Bayern and Messi doesnt track back the leftback, its going to be an even more dangerous 2 v 1 because that sort of team has way more quality and will have more of the ball.

Yeah, you need a high level of stamina and speed..but you need that to an even higher degree defending the wing (pressing and tracking back combined).

And again, if you put in shitty effort up front, the centerback will have time and make passes into midfield where your hoping your midfielders will be tight marking the man who recieves the ball. That or the centerback brings the ball out from the back 80m or more from goal.

If its a leftback who is free, as I said, there will be 2 v 1's much closer to goal.

I don't advocate for Messi playing in the wing, but it didn't happe in 08/09 that opposition left backs exposed our defence. They were to scared to commit much forward with Messi staying. Leaving him up the pitch was a Cruyffist move.

I think that with Messi up front, we either stop pressing in static defense or we need a midfielder to always come from deep.
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by free_cat Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:46 pm

neuro11 wrote:I am not interested to sell Cesc whatever money is offered IF we think of replacing him with Espinosa or Sergi......You guyz can day dream replacing an experienced midfielder with a wonder kid....I am not....there is a distance between reality and dream and that exposed when you play quality team.....

Roberto can do fine with Thiago's minutes, but I agree that Espinosa is way too raw to substitute Cesc (and IMO will never be good enough for Barça).
free_cat
free_cat
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:36 pm

I agree with free, we could be much smarter in the market and unload some good players for great fees.

Sport reporting that Vergini is a free agent and, worryingly, that Martino would be satisfied with only this signing for the CB position.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Franchise Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:50 pm

free_cat wrote:
The Franchise wrote:And more often you play teams closer to Osasuna's level than Bayern.

I don't advocate for Messi playing in the wing, but it didn't happe in 08/09 that opposition left backs exposed our defence. They were to scared to commit much forward with Messi staying. Leaving him up the pitch was a Cruyffist move.

I think that with Messi up front, we either stop pressing in static defense or we need a midfielder to always come from deep.

Sure thats logical to, all the various coaches of Cristiano have toyed with that idea too. I believe in it too. However, I feel like your team better be structured and solid behind it to afford that, and our is nowhere near it.

I agree, with Messi up front our pressing will suck...but thats because of him and I dont accept he is incapable.
The Franchise
The Franchise
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:10 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:I agree with free, we could be much smarter in the market and unload some good players for great fees.

Sport reporting that Vergini is a free agent and, worryingly, that Martino would be satisfied with only this signing for the CB position.

The kid is 6"4, and looks fast by that highlight posted earlier. He could turn out to be a pleasant surprise.

That said, I'm going to rage if the Samuel rumors are true.
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:26 pm

I cannot think of a CB less suited to our high line than samuel.
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 39 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 39  Next