Jay29
RealGunner
urbaNRoots
Sina
SamuelJayC
58 posters

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SamuelJayC Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Cesc Fàbregas tells @Al_PrimerToque tonight that rumours linking him away from Barcelona are "invented" and that Barcelona is his "home".

Crying or Very sad

----------------------------

La Gazzetta: On Monday, Real Madrid contacted Jovetić's agent to register their interest in the Fiorentina forward http://bit.ly/16WYBkb

No

SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread - Page 9 Empty Re: The Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by DuringTheWar Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:35 pm

Fawning over fabregas is utterly embarrassing. Considering he left the club and up to this point HE has said or done NOTHING about wanting to return. A sad lonely jilted ex with no dignity begging to be taken back may be a cheap metaphor but it has many parallels to certain arsenal fans.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:15 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:Fawning over fabregas is utterly embarrassing. Considering he left the club and up to this point HE has said or done NOTHING about wanting to return. A sad lonely jilted ex with no dignity begging to be taken back may be a cheap metaphor but it has many parallels to certain arsenal fans.

U judgmental, bro?

No, in all seriousness, of course you have a point. But I think the metaphor of the prodigal son is more apt. Thinking about Fabregas' return is a way of fantasizing about Arsenal making right the errors and missteps the club have made in recent seasons.

Of course it's still possible to read excessive daydreaming symptomatically ...
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:20 am

Meh Cesc is a pipe dream.

Won't happen. We all know deep inside.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by DuringTheWar Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:53 am

To be described as a prodigal son he must have a meaningful relationship to begin with. He is or was a petulant brat with a poor attitude who has a streak of treacherous tendencies. He cost his "home" a huge transfer fee because he turned his back to them when it suited him, he left his adopted "home" in a dire state when it suited him, he made constantly disrespectful gestures to opponents on the field. Now the numerous flaws in his game have been exposed at Barcelona rumours about him returning appear, of course, because it would suit him, no one would expect him to stay loyal to his "home". Good player? Yes, if you let him define the team that is. He is obviously incapable of being any use if you don't bend your game around him, which arguably might be worth it for us, but it's hardly ideal imo, especially if we can buy class in other positions instead .

He is full of charm off the field with flattery, encouraging messages, he definitely knew what to say to become a fan favourite I will give him that. But he isn't someone I even want back personally. Let alone be at his feet like most of twitter is.

Make no mistake about it, if he does return, the ONLY reason would because he is not first choice at Barcelona, we are simply not his desired club.
DuringTheWar
DuringTheWar
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Chumlum Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:36 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:To be described as a prodigal son he must have a meaningful relationship to begin with.

You're much harsher toward Fabregas than I am (for me the flipside of his nasty streak was his bold tenacity on the pitch - often when much of the rest of the Arsenal squad lacked it), but fair enough, you've provided valid reasoning. Cheers.
Chumlum
Chumlum
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:07 am

Cesc Fabregas isn't going anywhere this summer. That said, I'd be thrilled if United bought him for a fat transfer fee -- half of which would go to Arsenal without the Gunners actually losing anybody. United is going to have a player of similar quality anyway, so what's the difference? Cesc is yesterday's news as far as Arsenal is concerned. Honestly, I can't fathom why some delude themselves with these "Cesc is coming back" fantasies. It's not like he was actually helping Arsenal win things when he was here. If you want to fantasize, fantasize about Arsenal finding a new Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp.
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Gee! Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:21 am

Mudcat wrote:Cesc Fabregas isn't going anywhere this summer. That said, I'd be thrilled if United bought him for a fat transfer fee -- half of which would go to Arsenal without the Gunners actually losing anybody. United is going to have a player of similar quality anyway, so what's the difference? Cesc is yesterday's news as far as Arsenal is concerned. Honestly, I can't fathom why some delude themselves with these "Cesc is coming back" fantasies. It's not like he was actually helping Arsenal win things when he was here. If you want to fantasize, fantasize about Arsenal finding a new Thierry Henry or Dennis Bergkamp.

+1
Gee!
Gee!
Prospect
Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:41 am

There will not be another Henry or Bergkamp in our life time, and what is the point if we find one? how fast will big clubs buy them?

Cesc is the last person you want to go United, who give a shit about the money we will get? we are a selling club and if one day Cesc wants to come back I would take him with open arms. We would have won EPL or even CL had Wenger or Donkey face bought that one player to help him out. What else did expect from him, Cesc is the closest player to Bergkamp and what did we do sold him because we have no ambition and he knew it.
Why are we the only club year after year lose our best players because they don't believe in delusional ambition.

Had our billionaire own Satan invested some money like all other ambitions owner we would had all our best player and would have won trophies and he would have made even more money, but he took the coward way.

You think Cesc, RVP, would have left if we won the EPL?no they would have been hungry to win more and would have stayed. If Eduardo did not break his leg we would have won the EPl and none of this bullshit would have been happening.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:59 am

@Orbinho
You know how some people are never right? http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/3255/30/Fabregas-to-Arsenal-the-deal-has-been-agreed …? Please let this be an exception.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:42 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:To be described as a prodigal son he must have a meaningful relationship to begin with. He is or was a petulant brat with a poor attitude who has a streak of treacherous tendencies. He cost his "home" a huge transfer fee because he turned his back to them when it suited him, he left his adopted "home" in a dire state when it suited him, he made constantly disrespectful gestures to opponents on the field. Now the numerous flaws in his game have been exposed at Barcelona rumours about him returning appear, of course, because it would suit him, no one would expect him to stay loyal to his "home". Good player? Yes, if you let him define the team that is. He is obviously incapable of being any use if you don't bend your game around him, which arguably might be worth it for us, but it's hardly ideal imo, especially if we can buy class in other positions instead .

He is full of charm off the field with flattery, encouraging messages, he definitely knew what to say to become a fan favourite I will give him that. But he isn't someone I even want back personally. Let alone be at his feet like most of twitter is.

Make no mistake about it, if he does return, the ONLY reason would because he is not first choice at Barcelona, we are simply not his desired club.

I can't say I always agree with you, but here...I certainly do.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:58 am

Diego Armando Maradona wrote:To be described as a prodigal son he must have a meaningful relationship to begin with. He is or was a petulant brat with a poor attitude who has a streak of treacherous tendencies. He cost his "home" a huge transfer fee because he turned his back to them when it suited him, he left his adopted "home" in a dire state when it suited him, he made constantly disrespectful gestures to opponents on the field. Now the numerous flaws in his game have been exposed at Barcelona rumours about him returning appear, of course, because it would suit him, no one would expect him to stay loyal to his "home". Good player? Yes, if you let him define the team that is. He is obviously incapable of being any use if you don't bend your game around him, which arguably might be worth it for us, but it's hardly ideal imo, especially if we can buy class in other positions instead .

fans are getting excited because Fabregas is not getting along well with Barca and there is only one place he has to go if he leaves, this summer or next.. his departure is inevitable if he has one more season on the bench.. he is 26 supposed to be at his peak and he is spending the time on the bench.. so i dont think Cesc will accept a squad/bench role for his remaining career which is atleast 5-8 years more at his home Barca..
i dont think there is anything left to prove about his class and his quality when he was at Arsenal.. forget about the past.. atm, we are in need of creativity upfront and Arsenal are never going to get a proven player of his class at a considerable low price, only because if such clause exists.. and obviously you know Cesc, he will never come out publicly and say he want to leave Barca.. he has never done it at Arsenal and will never do it Barca.. so for this season, the decision is mostly in the hands of Barca to convince him or let him go.. but if he has a similar season again, he will have to eventually move out for his own good..
and those trying to portray him as an actor.. he may be just creating a good image with his comments.. but there is no reason whatsoever for him to do that and there is nothing to gain by doing that, when players who have left us like RIP, Cashri, Song, Adepaywhore, etc all has never kept themselves respectful to the club and moved on with their lives.. then one can label even Henry, Pires,and the whole lot of explayers too saying that their love is fake..
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:28 am

Lewandoski rumors that his proposed move to bayern munich has fallen. I would love him at arsenal. Perfect signing all means. He is young and has good shot in him. Dortmund played like arsenal and he would suit us. 35 million should be no problem for a player of his calibre.

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:55 am

Would be a great signing but if people are complaining about Giroud's finishing they'll be complaining of Lewandowski's too lol. And 35 million for a player on the last year of his contract...?

I still feel like Higuain would be best for Arsenal. IMO he'd be best for Spurs too but it aint happening
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by Highburied Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 am

Lewa or Hoggy no problem.

Giroud needs some tough competition.
Highburied
Highburied
Banned (Permanent)

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:17 am

boyzis wrote:Lewandoski rumors that his proposed move to bayern munich has fallen. I would love him at arsenal. Perfect signing all means. He is young and has good shot in him. Dortmund played like arsenal and he would suit us. 35 million should be no problem for a player of his calibre.

How has it fallen? He just spoke to the media for the first time, saying he wants to move to Buyern this summer and hopes the clubs agree a deal.

Another pipe dream...

On the other hand Higuain and Jovetic are not as close to joining Arsenal as English media say. If we don't get one of the two I don't know who'll get tbh.

We're left with Benteke and Villa Neutral
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:28 am

this is like a week old, Dortmund refuse to sell to bayern
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:34 am

GenBlizkin wrote:this is like a week old, Dortmund refuse to sell to bayern

I know, but they can't sell elsewhere if the player doesn't agree. Dortmund either have to accept the money Buyern are offering or let him go for free next season.

We had a similar situation with van Persie and we know how that went...
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:44 am

We will offer more to the player and club. Bayern have bid 25 million. We can increase that to 30 million and double his wages. he said himself he wants to move and face new challenges. Dortmund don't want to sell to bayern. We can get him from united grips

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by boyzis Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:46 am

I would take benteke over villa any day

boyzis
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:27 am

boyzis wrote:We will offer more to the player and club. Bayern have bid 25 million. We can increase that to 30 million and double his wages. he said himself he wants to move and face new challenges. Dortmund don't want to sell to bayern. We can get him from united grips

We don't need to offer 30 million, with 20 million or less we can get him. Dortmund will accept lower offers just to avoid letting him go to Buyern. Problem is the player wants to go to Buyern and has already signed a contract with them, he's just waiting the clubs to agree a fee.

We can't compete with Buyern, no matter how you look at it.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by GenBlizkin Tue Jun 11, 2013 12:38 pm

We dont need him, Hig is twice the player.
GenBlizkin
GenBlizkin
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:06 pm

Not really Lewandowski is better at everything Higuain does except clinical finishing, Lewandowski tends to miss some easy chances sometimes while Higuain is usually very clinical infront of goal.

Lewandowski is one of the most complete strikers in the world, he's in the same mould as van Persie - can do a bit of everything.

But I'd be delighted if we get Higuain, of course. He looks closer to Juventus at the moment though.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Mudcat Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:08 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:There will not be another Henry or Bergkamp in our life time, and what is the point if we find one? how fast will big clubs buy them?

Cesc is the last person you want to go United, who give a shit about the money we will get? we are a selling club and if one day Cesc wants to come back I would take him with open arms. We would have won EPL or even CL had Wenger or Donkey face bought that one player to help him out. What else did expect from him, Cesc is the closest player to Bergkamp and what did we do sold him because we have no ambition and he knew it.
Why are we the only club year after year lose our best players because they don't believe in delusional ambition.

Had our billionaire own Satan invested some money like all other ambitions owner we would had all our best player and would have won trophies and he would have made even more money, but he took the coward way.

You think Cesc, RVP, would have left if we won the EPL?no they would have been hungry to win more and would have stayed. If Eduardo did not break his leg we would have won the EPl and none of this bullshit would have been happening.

Sometimes I wonder why you even bother being an Arsenal fan if everything about the club disturbs you so much. If you want an owner who considers the club a personal plaything,go be a Chelsea fan. Arsenal has put itself in a sound financial position right now with the new stadium and they managed to remain competitive and stay in the Champions League while tightening their belts to pay down the debt. That's the way a football club should be run.

And I hate to spoil your hero worship, but as good a player as Cesc Fabregas was, he was no Dennis Bergkamp. And he did have that "one other player" -- a guy named Van Persie. The trouble is, neither one of them could stay healthy. Do you know how many games Fabregas started in the Premier League over his final three seasons at Arsenal? The totals were 22, 26 and 22. That's 70 of 112 games over three seasons. So I would argue that in a sense Fabregas and Van Persie were the reasons Arsenal didn't win things because the team's best players couldn't stay on the pitch. In fact, the last year that Fabregas and Van Persie played together, Arsenal finished with only 68 points. This year they finished with 73, so obviously they are building a stronger all-around team. And there's the key -- team. This isn't fantasy football. It isn't about making headlines in the summer transfer season just for the sake of satisfying the fantasies of fans. It's about laying a good, solid foundation and then building on it. The foundation is now there. All Arsenal has to do is add a few pieces.

And I've explained to you before that all clubs are "selling clubs." Manchester United has been a "selling club" from Beckham to Ronaldo and maybe now to Rooney (with quite a few other big players in between). But they weren't paying off stadium debt and had more financial muscle to flex in replacing them. Arsenal now has some financial muscle of its own. Why not stop bitching and moaning long enough to give them a chance to use it?
Mudcat
Mudcat
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Lex Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:16 pm

^ +1
Lex
Lex
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Valencia

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:52 pm

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2013/06/11/4040815/barcelona-vice-president-admits-fabregas-could-leave?ICID=HP_HN_2
more positive news if it is true.. Smile
from the talks it is clear that Barca dont consider him important to keep him.. they would keep him as a squad player.. Cesc may leave if he wants..
and in the past Cesc was like he came to see out his career.. now says he is happy but will leave Barca if he feels that they dont need him..
so looks like he is out this or more possibly the next summer... cheers
and sadly Manure links also rising again... :brickwall:
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 24 ... 40  Next