CBarca
Donuts
BarcaKizz
61 posters

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Go down

Transfer Rumours - Page 6 Empty Re: Transfer Rumours

Post by BarcaLearning Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:13 pm

Im not so sure 30M for a GK? Although we do need a top GK...

I also read that Barca something major this summer, which is good although im a bit surprised. At least that means we wont rely too much of youth promotion which is good to know.

BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by eelir Thu Apr 25, 2013 11:44 pm

alexjanosik wrote:Dont get why the general consensus is that Hummels would be a bad buy. He is one of the better young CB's out there.Granted he is not the fast,athletic type CB we need but he is a very good CB.And given form over the past 2 seasons he is a better CB than Pique.

I also do not get this. I think that if our team press intelligently, Hummels could be a really good signing. I just wander if he could take the role of leading the defense, as i do not trust Pique could ever do this.
eelir
eelir
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:02 am

alexjanosik wrote:Dont get why the general consensus is that Hummels would be a bad buy. He is one of the better young CB's out there.Granted he is not the fast,athletic type CB we need but he is a very good CB.And given form over the past 2 seasons he is a better CB than Pique.

i think people are worried about Pique and Hummels in a high line.

I too thought it wasn't a great match tbh but paying careful attention to both Bayern and Dortmund over the last few months i think it wouldn't be a problem.

The key is to press effectively and intelligently ( which could be argued is the key to everything for Barca to get themselves back on top.)
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:58 am

I actually think Subotic would pair better with Pique than Hummels
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by CBarca Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:56 am

Great Leader Sprucenuce wrote:

i think people are worried about Pique and Hummels in a high line.

I too thought it wasn't a great match tbh but paying careful attention to both Bayern and Dortmund over the last few months i think it wouldn't be a problem.

The key is to press effectively and intelligently ( which could be argued is the key to everything for Barca to get themselves back on top.)

I've refrained comment but I don't think it would be as disastrous as everyone says.

That being said, I hate that Barca are looking at Hummels because of his ability on the ball. You just KNOW that Barca want Hummels because of his ball playing ability.

I don't think it would be as bad as everyone says, but I have question marks on it. I'm not sure.
CBarca
CBarca
NEVER a Mod

Club Supported : Athletic Bilbao

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 26, 2013 4:56 am

I am not keen on Hummels either. Apart from the weaknesses already mentioned he is a little error prone in crucial moments. There was that Euro 2012 moment and to prove that wasn't a one off he proved to be the only reason why Real Madrid got on the score sheet on Wednesday night. I will give this to him that he did well to recover from that blunder and play well after that. However that was a mistake that could have turned the entire tie inside out and even now is the only reason why Madrid still have a sniff which in my view they just don't deserve. As I have said before I think they actually played even worse than we did in our respective games but the difference in scoreline was due to no one gifting us a a goal and us being unluckier with decisions than them. The Pique comparison could be fair but then again if Pique played for another club right now and was perhaps available for purchase, would we go for him? Unlikely.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/messixaviesta , http://footballbydeepak.blogs

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 26, 2013 5:56 pm

Amidst all this talk of forwards here's a suggestion from my side.

Marco Reus

What a wonderful player. Good dribbler. Good speed. Good passer. Can link up well. Great on the ball but also off the ball. Thinks fast and well. Good goal scorer. Comfortable on the wing. CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. Can be the star when needed but can also play second fiddle. Big game player. RELIABLE.

Perhaps there isn't any other forward around who I want to purchase more than this guy.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:06 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Amidst all this talk of forwards here's a suggestion from my side.

Marco Reus

What a wonderful player. Good dribbler. Good speed. Good passer. Can link up well. Great on the ball but also off the ball. Thinks fast and well. Good goal scorer. Comfortable on the wing. CAN MAKE THINGS HAPPEN. Can be the star when needed but can also play second fiddle. Big game player. RELIABLE.

Perhaps there isn't any other forward around who I want to purchase more than this guy.

Said this a while back when everyone was talking about forwards, he's a great player who rightly is getting the recognition he deserves has a 35m clause too.

I don't really want to see Dortmund completely broken up though and this goes for Hummels too but i feel both would be brilliant signings.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:29 pm

Certainly a better 'fit' than Bale but again Reus's style is too reliant on speed to be fit for Barcelona's slower paced game.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Boca Juniors

http://www.tikitakatoom.ml

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:09 pm

messixaviesta wrote:Amidst all this talk of forwards here's a suggestion from my side.

Marco Reus

Said this a while back when everyone was talking about forwards, he's a great player who rightly is getting the recognition he deserves has a 35m clause too.

I don't really want to see Dortmund completely broken up though and this goes for Hummels too but i feel both would be brilliant signings.

Marco Reus

mole, I don't want to see Dortmund broken up either but the vultures have started sniffing, claimed the first prey and are close to the second. Hence I feel we too need to try taking one or more bites before all the pieces get eaten up.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm

If as rumoured we are indeed buying more midfielders without selling any then its time for one more radical tactical innovation. We have played midfielders as defenders. We have played midfielders as forwards. Now with Valdes leaving we will play one of our midfielders as a goalkeeper. He will be able to pass very well from the back.

messixaviesta
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by BarrileteCosmico Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:44 pm

danyjr wrote:Certainly a better 'fit' than Bale but again Reus's style is too reliant on speed to be fit for Barcelona's slower paced game.
Like that is a problem for Tello?
BarrileteCosmico
BarrileteCosmico
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:47 pm

BarrileteCosmico wrote:Like that is a problem for Tello?
Against teams who defend with 10 men, yes it will be a problem. Just like it is for Tello.
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:33 am

messixaviesta wrote:If as rumoured we are indeed buying more midfielders without selling any then its time for one more radical tactical innovation. We have played midfielders as defenders. We have played midfielders as forwards. Now with Valdes leaving we will play one of our midfielders as a goalkeeper. He will be able to pass very well from the back.

It's time we promote Jona as our new keeper and move Sergi to Right back to replace Alves if he goes. Also put the Cesc next to Pique as our CB since they both such a strong friendship and are great with the ball
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Sat Apr 27, 2013 12:34 am

danyjr wrote:
BarrileteCosmico wrote:Like that is a problem for Tello?
Against teams who defend with 10 men, yes it will be a problem. Just like it is for Tello.

I would rather Reus as our Right Wing than Pedro or Alexis. i ADORE Reus, such grace and elegance; pure class

Reus ---- Messi ---- Neymar

= Death
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by The Sanchez Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:42 am

Are we even interested in Reus? It just seems like we are only just going to get Neymar...
The Sanchez
The Sanchez
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by jibers Sat Apr 27, 2013 3:12 am

No matter who Barcelona get if there are no tactical adjustments, it will all be for nought tbh.
jibers
jibers
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaKizz Sat Apr 27, 2013 8:11 am

I suggested Reus quite a while ago.

Wrote an article about him. He's among my top 3 choices. Very flexible, multi-dimensional player. Plenty of quality, and not overhyped to the max.

As for forwards, yes we are focused on Neymar now. But a couple of the signings depend on who goes. Personally i think Villa and Alexis will both go now and so we'll go for another forward.
BarcaKizz
BarcaKizz
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MaraVilla Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:23 am

wats the rumours like for CB, are we just interested in Hummels?
MaraVilla
MaraVilla
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by gondov Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:57 pm

http://www.sport.es/es/noticias/barca/cesc-camino-vuelta-arsenal-2376730

drinking Chaka banana
gondov
gondov
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Donuts Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:18 am

MaraVilla wrote:wats the rumours like for CB, are we just interested in Hummels?
http://www.football-espana.net/30360/silva-barca-priority-report
Hope it's true I don't care if we do spend 45m or more he is worth and it would help our defence so much you wouldn't even know
Donuts
Donuts
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : FC Basel

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:36 am

gondov wrote:

drinking Chaka banana

Almost too good to be true.

Just curious, was Cesc the 2nd highest scorer in the team last 2 years combined total? What about assist numbers? Just curious if anybody has the stats of the last 2 seasons
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by danyjr Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:04 am

45 million for 30 year old Silva? rofl
danyjr
danyjr
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by windkick Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:07 am

28, but still thats allot of loot for his age. Surely if we are willing to spend that kind of cash on a defender, we can find 2 quality ones for that much money.

The people in charge should of struck the deal for Thiago Silva 2-4 years ago, then that amount would of made all the sense in the world.

I just hope the board doesn't go in to panic mode and makes a bunch of rash purchases in order to make the fans happy
windkick
windkick
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by messixaviesta Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:32 pm

gondov wrote:

drinking Chaka banana

Too good to be true