Firenze
Arquitecto
El Gunner
35 posters

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32

Go down

23/24 UCL Knockout Stage - Page 32 Empty Re: 23/24 UCL Knockout Stage

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:26 am

Barça fans need to get nitpicking decisions and tiny things about a now 15 CL winning team will only be a worse look.

I am by no means a RM fan my stance is just acceptance and obvious respect because their recent record makes the whole golden age Pep era absolutely dwarfed in comparison.

Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vibe Thu Jun 06, 2024 6:42 am

Vibe
Vibe
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Myesyats Thu Jun 06, 2024 10:06 am

farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
farfan wrote:

TIL the Classico is not a big game hmm

People came at you with very reasonable and level-headed responses that you refused to engage with, preferring instead to focus on marginal takes (Like the Asensio vs Foden comparison )

What even is your criticism? That a 20 year old didn't take over the Champions League semis and final? Laughing If that's the standard we're setting for youngsters then no young player should be talked about ever.

I'm not expecting anything of him, i'm just comparing the hype with actual output.

You keep refering to Barca anyway, when I clearly compared him to Foden and specifically within the context of English media, and it is you who keeps focusing on everything else instead.

What is the appropriate level of hype you think the best young English player should be getting from the English media? hmm I'm genuinely struggling to see what's unusual about it. What has Foden done at the same age for some people to feel he's entitled to the same "wunderkind" treatment ? scratch that, what did Foden do this year that matches Bellingham's La Liga campaign?

Treble last season and Premier League POTY this season is not impressive? There really is no way to measure 'hype', unless you have a scale that can do it. It's just a feeling that I have and that many people have following the media narrative, but I wouldnt say I have any overly strong feelings about it. You seem very defensive though, similarly to whenever someone calls out the most objective and uneqivocal fact of all that Vini has a terrible personality hmm The mysterious level-headed takes you are talking about are which? The claim that Gavi and Pedri are good-for-nothing players which you instantly resort to? Now, that is blind hate talking, because homegrown players are a thorn for clubs who only buy the hottest next thing on the shelf.

If you think it is butt hurt, then fine, let us grieve in our way.
Myesyats
Myesyats
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Fri Jun 07, 2024 3:18 am

farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:
farfan wrote:

TIL the Classico is not a big game hmm

People came at you with very reasonable and level-headed responses that you refused to engage with, preferring instead to focus on marginal takes (Like the Asensio vs Foden comparison )

What even is your criticism? That a 20 year old didn't take over the Champions League semis and final? Laughing If that's the standard we're setting for youngsters then no young player should be talked about ever.

I'm not expecting anything of him, i'm just comparing the hype with actual output.

You keep refering to Barca anyway, when I clearly compared him to Foden and specifically within the context of English media, and it is you who keeps focusing on everything else instead.

What is the appropriate level of hype you think the best young English player should be getting from the English media? hmm I'm genuinely struggling to see what's unusual about it. What has Foden done at the same age for some people to feel he's entitled to the same "wunderkind" treatment ? scratch that, what did Foden do this year that matches Bellingham's La Liga campaign?

For starters, if we going by FM's version of "wunderkind", Phil is too old to be considered one and at 20, Foden was coming off the bench and definitely had little impact to City's successes. Furthermore, at 24, this is Foden's best season as he finally matched the potential and hype that surrounded him for years.

Jude, on the other hand, at the age of 19, became an essential part of Madrid's attacking line up and for 1 half of a season, was absolutely vital to a lot of our early wins whilst not actually being an attacking midfielder per se. Seriously, unless your name is Raul Gonzalez Blanco, 19 year olds at Madrid do not have this level of impact and influence.

And we, as full adults, questioning why the hype for Jude is greater? Really? Really really?

Doc
Doc
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by farfan Fri Jun 07, 2024 4:29 am

Doc wrote:
farfan wrote:
Myesyats wrote:

For starters, if we going by FM's version of "wunderkind", Phil is too old to be considered one and at 20, Foden was coming off the bench and definitely had little impact to City's successes. Furthermore, at 24, this is Foden's best season as he finally matched the potential and hype that surrounded him for years.

Jude, on the other hand, at the age of 19, became an essential part of Madrid's attacking line up and for 1 half of a season, was absolutely vital to a lot of our early wins whilst not actually being an attacking midfielder per se. Seriously, unless your name is Raul Gonzalez Blanco, 19 year olds at Madrid do not have this level of impact and influence.

And we, as full adults, questioning why the hype for Jude is greater? Really? Really really?

It's truly baffling Laughing  Jude was already making national headlines at age 16, had his jersey number retired by one of England's most popular clubs at age 17, was starting in the CL and contending for a top 4 league before the age of 18, and had one of the most impactful individual league seasons that we've ever seen at the biggest club in the world at the age of 20.

....and people are seriously asking why he's getting more hype than a 24 year old who had a fairly standard rise to prominence.
farfan
farfan
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Manchester City

Back to top Go down

Post by BarcaLearning Fri Jun 07, 2024 5:21 am

Not gonna get into this pointless argument cos Real fans always gonna dismiss whatever Man C does Very Happy Interesting they will actually be linking up for Eng in the Euros, so we'll get to see what happens when they play together too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGDKh-I1C54
BarcaLearning
BarcaLearning
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Barcelona

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:12 am

Barcelona > PSG > City

Really going for that plastic fan trifecta achievement.

Anyways that fraud club is going down soon. :coffee:

Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 32 of 32 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32