Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by dmize Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:40 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:I really dont care how much a week we pay the striker, we need a top top top one to lead us in the CL and EPL. Laughing

We have around 7 players who we pay high wages and useless. :facepalm:

KJH hasn't signed his new deal with Schalke yet. He wants 3 years, they're only offering 2. Maybe we still have a shot.
Still would have to give him 100k/week.

And if Walcott wants 100k, but we're offering 75k, I think we should increase our offer by about 10k and meet somewhere in the middle. He's not worth 85k probably, but we have to set a precedent at some point.

dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/#!/dmizee

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 15 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Artilleristen Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:03 pm

dmize wrote:
Raptorgunner wrote:I really dont care how much a week we pay the striker, we need a top top top one to lead us in the CL and EPL. Laughing

KJH hasn't signed his new deal with Schalke yet. He wants 3 years, they're only offering 2. Maybe we still have a shot.

And if Walcott wants 100k, but we're offering 75k, I think we should increase our offer by about 10k and meet somewhere in the middle. He's not worth 85k probably, but we have to set a precedent at some point.
What makes you say that, Ramsey is on 60k a week, and he has been shit for almost two years now,so explain how walcott, who has been playing well all season is not worth 100k?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:26 pm

Artilleristen wrote:
dmize wrote:

What makes you say that, Ramsey is on 60k a week, and he has been shit for almost two years now,so explain how walcott, who has been playing well all season is not worth 100k?

I'm talking in Arsenal terms here. Of course he's worth 100k/week to clubs like City, Chelsea. Quite a few players at Arsenal are on 60k/week, that's due to our wage structure. Squillaci, Denilson and Almunia were all on 60k/week ffs. Too high for the role/reserve players, too low for our great players.

Plus if we gave Walcott 100k/week, we'll have to up the wages for a few other players, and no top players will come here for under 100k/week. That's not even mentioning giving Walcott 100k/week would be overkill, as he'd probably accept 85k-90k.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Artilleristen Sat Dec 22, 2012 1:39 am

dmize wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:
dmize wrote:

I'm talking in Arsenal terms here. Of course he's worth 100k/week to clubs like City, Chelsea. Quite a few players at Arsenal are on 60k/week, that's due to our wage structure. Squillaci, Denilson and Almunia were all on 60k/week ffs. Too high for the role/reserve players, too low for our great players.

Plus if we gave Walcott 100k/week, we'll have to up the wages for a few other players, and no top players will come here for under 100k/week. That's not even mentioning giving Walcott 100k/week would be overkill, as he'd probably accept 85k-90k.
The "Arsenal Terms" that your talking about, do you mean that Arsenal is a selling club now?
Artilleristen
Artilleristen
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:16 am

dmize wrote:

Squillaci at the time deserved 60k, because we signed him as an experienced player who was part of the French NT, and played in a Sevilla team that won Copa Del Rey and finished 3rd and 4th in his two seasons. No one would have expected him to be this shit, and there is on way for us to lower his wage

Denilson was a starter for Arsenal during 08-09 season was pretty good that season, so we signed him to a long term contract, 60k might be a too much, who knows what was on his contract, maybe he gets a rise every year.

And Alumnia was our starter for 3 season, 2 of them might have been poor but there was a time when he was good and was considered for england gk spot

the problem isn't just the wage structure it's that we are too quick to hand out contracts to players who have a one season wonder. Who knows what Ramsey, Ox etc could turn out in 2 years time, there is every chance they could do a Denilson
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:53 am

Walcott isn't worth 100k, David freaking Villa is on 105k/week what makes you think Walcott 'deserves' to earn the same money as Villa? Laughing

He may earn that kind of money somewhere else but no way in hell he deserves it.... it's like everyone is forgetting how inconsistent he's been at Arsenal and how every Arsenal fan had to defend him from being called a 'headless chicken', 'kick and run footballer' now everyone sucks his d*ck just because he's on his last year of his contract.

If we kept van Persie and Cesc I would say sell Walcott and sign someone better but I want him to keep him just for the sake of keeping a player here for once and not because he deserves '100k/week' or because he's 'so good'.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:26 am

Artilleristen wrote:
dmize wrote:
Artilleristen wrote:

The "Arsenal Terms" that your talking about, do you mean that Arsenal is a selling club now?

I meant in terms of our wage structure...

Legend wrote:
the problem isn't just the wage structure it's that we are too quick to hand out contracts to players who have a one season wonder. Who knows what Ramsey, Ox etc could turn out in 2 years time, there is every chance they could do a Denilson

I agree, but it also seems like everyone on Arsenal right now is on 50k at least. AOC wants 45k/week, which is reasonable imo. But there was no reason to give a guy like Park 60k/week. It's also preventing us from moving these guys, as they want to earn the same wages(or at least comparable wages), which isn't going to happen at any club that could actually use them.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by dmize Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:36 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Walcott isn't worth 100k, David freaking Villa is on 105k/week what makes you think Walcott 'deserves' to earn the same money as Villa? Laughing

He may earn that kind of money somewhere else but no way in hell he deserves it.... it's like everyone is forgetting how inconsistent he's been at Arsenal and how every Arsenal fan had to defend him from being called a 'headless chicken', 'kick and run footballer' now everyone sucks his d*ck just because he's on his last year of his contract.

If we kept van Persie and Cesc I would say sell Walcott and sign someone better but I want him to keep him just for the sake of keeping a player here for once and not because he deserves '100k/week' or because he's 'so good'.

Agree, 100%. He's not worth 100k/week at this point, I think about 80-85 is about right.
dmize
dmize
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:23 am

I still think Walcott will sign the thing if Wenger convinces him that he'll start around 1/3 of his games in the middle. I'm 100% sure he would sign for 80k/week if he had that guarantee.

We'll see how Giroud pans out, if he isn't up to scratch we'll just move Walcott in the middle.

The next few games will be crucial because it seems that Arsene has found a way to accommodate Walcott without him being out on the wing.

Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:28 am

Reading poised to sign Sunzu [DailyMail]
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:31 am

MJGunner wrote:Reading poised to sign Sunzu [DailyMail]

#WengerOut
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Rev Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:48 am

Stopzilla Sad
Rev
Rev
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:52 pm

Arsenal target Wilfried Zaha scored today against Huddersfield:

http://s1.directupload.net/images/121222/2hp8ts48.swf
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:00 pm

hmm

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:05 pm

That goal reminds of this:

hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:31 pm

So according to @Established1886 Zaha to Arsenal really is done. Interesting.

hmm
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:33 pm

urbaNRoots wrote:That goal reminds of this:

hmm

Hitler salute Laughing wtf lol
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:33 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:So according to @Established1886 Zaha to Arsenal really is done. Interesting.

hmm

I just hope our scouting team and Wenger are 100% sure about this
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sina Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:36 pm

for how much?
Ryo ostracised Sad
Sina
Sina
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:40 pm

That's the best of Zaha and the sort of potential he has. He's just a very raw talent and can't produce that sort of thing consistently. I suppose if he does sign, it'd be up to Wenger to help find that consistency.

I'm not against talents like Zaha joining, but only if the price is reasonable. I really don't want us spending more than £8mil on these sorts of players.

EDIT: Just did a quick skim through his tweets. Can't find anything about Zaha definitely joining.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:51 pm

Mirror: Wenger has prioritised Atletico’s Adrian Lopez as his wage demands are significantly cheaper than Villa’s & he only turns 25 on Jan.

A source: “It's looking likely Adrian is the man he will go for. He is younger version on Villa & will fit into Arsenal’s wage structure.”
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Mirror: Wenger has prioritised Atletico’s Adrian Lopez as his wage demands are significantly cheaper than Villa’s & he only turns 25 on Jan.

A source: “It's looking likely Adrian is the man he will go for. He is younger version on Villa & will fit into Arsenal’s wage structure.”

Can Adrian play in CL?

I hope we sign him either way.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:13 pm

He can
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:39 pm

Samuelj29060 wrote:Mirror: Wenger has prioritised Atletico’s Adrian Lopez as his wage demands are significantly cheaper than Villa’s & he only turns 25 on Jan.

GET INNNN Razz
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by beatrixasdfghjk. Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:19 pm

hmm
Was he recording off a mirror or something Shocked.

beatrixasdfghjk.
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:27 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:

hmm
Was he recording off a mirror or something Shocked.

it's a copyright thing
TalkingReckless
TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 27 ... 40  Next