Jay29
RealGunner
Sina
SamuelJayC
Raptorgunner
57 posters

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by TalkingReckless Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:27 pm

beatrixasdfghjk. wrote:
urbaNRoots wrote:That goal reminds of this:

hmm
Was he recording off a mirror or something Shocked.

it's a copyright thing

TalkingReckless
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 Empty Re: The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread

Post by Amar Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:46 pm

Adrian a younger version of Villa?

Is that a credible comparison?
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:02 pm

Adrian has a similar playing style to Villa. Both like to drift to the flanks, both are excellent on the ball and can create as well as score goals.

However, Adrian is no where near Villa when it comes to goalscoring. Villa had about 100 career goals to his name by the time he was 25. Adrian only has 49 at this point.

Villa is a 25-30 goals per season type of striker. Adrian I can only see being 15-20 goals a season type of forward. Granted, that's still a respectful amount of goals, but if we do sign him, then don't expect him to be a highly prolific goalscorer.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Wilson37 Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:47 pm

Rev wrote:I still think Walcott will sign the thing if Wenger convinces him that he'll start around 1/3 of his games in the middle. I'm 100% sure he would sign for 80k/week if he had that guarantee.

We'll see how Giroud pans out, if he isn't up to scratch we'll just move Walcott in the middle.

The next few games will be crucial because it seems that Arsene has found a way to accommodate Walcott without him being out on the wing.

the kid is obsessed with his belief that he is a centre forward.. He needs to understand the reality quickly from matches like yesterday..

All this talk is because we are struggling.. Giroud is new and is just getting started.. Gervinho is flop.. And Podolski may also not be capable of the lone striker at Arsenal.. Aven relegation teams have much better cf than Walcott.. He is not worthy enough for us to change formation or not to sign another cf just for the sake of keeping him.. So it is obvious he will and never should be the first choice cf at a club like Arsenal.. He can either sign at 80k per week or get to play at right from the bench at Chelsea or Liverpool or even play CF for Reading or Wigan...
Wilson37
Wilson37
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 am

Klaas-Jan Huntelaar announces he has signed new contract with Schalke until 2015

[Goal.com]
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by SamuelJayC Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:31 am

Rick Alvarez's agent confirms midfielder not wanted at Inter Milan. Arsenal, River Plate & Marseille linked - http://bit.ly/106JFuY
SamuelJayC
SamuelJayC
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

https://twitter.com/samuelJayC

Back to top Go down

Post by Abramovich Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:40 am

Sina wrote:for how much?
Ryo ostracised Sad

Ryo >>>>>> for reals.

With Theo either leaving or moving up front, Gervinhno being shite and Arshavin who should be a CF/SS I still think Ryo going to boss it.

Hes still carrying injuries I think, but once Kone gtfo to ACON he will probably start lighting up the league again like last year. Thumbs up
Abramovich
Abramovich
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Napoli

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:25 pm

Huntelaar Sad
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:27 am

Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan
Andrey Arshavin is wanted by #Reading Russian owner Anton Zingarevich. Neither #Arsenal nor #Arshavin mind the deal to be done asap.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 7:15 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Artur Petrosyan ‏@arturpetrosyan
Andrey Arshavin is wanted by #Reading Russian owner Anton Zingarevich. Neither #Arsenal nor #Arshavin mind the deal to be done asap.
We are selling Arshavin and keeping this guy? :facepalm:
Both should go.
The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 A-4tKU8CMAAZQze
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:10 am

Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
French TV Canal+ reporting Demba Ba will be an Arsenal player on Jan 1st.

hmm
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:11 am

urbaNRoots wrote:Geoff Arsenal ‏@GeoffArsenal
French TV Canal+ reporting Demba Ba will be an Arsenal player on Jan 1st.

hmm

SO we paying him 90k a week? scratch

I have mixed feelings about Ba, I wish we can go for another player.

Wenger stop being a cheap ass and spend the money on top player.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

I'd be very happy with Ba.

Walcott on the other hand... :I'mveryunoriginal:

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by MJ Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:34 am

Really doesn't get better than Ba in this market. His quality is immense, he's PL proven, he's at 7.5 million. This is an absolute steal comparable to the price we paid for Santi, and if he continues at the pace he's at with us (given he joins) then he'll arguably be just as good of a signing.

Really not many other strikers we can realistically envisage signing.
MJ
MJ
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:52 am

Ba isn't really the superstar signing I was hoping for. Ideally, we want players who are about as good as anyone in their position if they're going to be expected to improve our team, whereas Ba is a good player but not world class. It would be a good signing but it still wouldn't convince me that we were perfectly stocked for strikers. On the other hand, our last hope for a mega striker signing ended with Huntelaar's contract renewal, so there aren't many other options.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:53 am

Good signing

Now for Capoue/Diame and Adrian/Zaha

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:09 am

Huntelaar wouldn't exactly have been a "superstar" signing, either. Great goalscorer, but no more than that. Ba actually offers more and is hardly slacking behind in the goalscoring department.

"Superstar" signings would be Falcao or Cavani. Ba is pretty much the best we can get right now.

Most people saying the report is fake, in any case.

Last edited by GoonerJay29 on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:11 am; edited 2 times in total

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:11 am

Sad
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:13 am

I hope the reports are fake, I want a striker that will stay and play not going to African cup.

We might as well wait until summer.

No more french or African players please. Laughing

South American, German or Dutch players please. :bow:

Jackson Martinez. :fishing:

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:15 am

Ba isn't going to the African Cup of Nations this year since Senegal didn't qualify.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:18 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Ba isn't going to the African Cup of Nations this year since Senegal didn't qualify.

Thanks Jay, I was just on Google searching. Very Happy

Jay>>>>>>>Google.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:23 am

Jackson Martinez, what you guys think of him, my Colombian friend who is big Arsenal fan has been telling me Jackson would great singing for us, not sure if Porto would sell.

I have been watching the Colombian league with him and there are players we can pick up for cheap.

Last edited by Raptorgunner on Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by urbaNRoots Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:50 am

I don't get how Huntelaar would be a 'superstar' signing to be completely honest.

Never got and I don't think I'll ever get the hype. I was always sure that Wenger would never even think about a striker like Huntelaar (but Wenger is apparently interested in Zaha so there goes my argument Laughing)

Besides we were never really in for him according to the reliable guys on Twitter. The obsession is almost as bad as for Yann M'Vila.
urbaNRoots
urbaNRoots
First of his name

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:55 am

Jackson signed for Porto in the summer, I don't think they will sell him now.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Eman Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:11 pm

Maybe he wouldn't have been a superstar, but Huntelaar has a proven goal-scoring track record all over the place in top leagues. Ba is good but his numbers are not as high. If we're looking for clinical guys who will finish half chances when they get them, Huntelaar is as good as they come. Whatever, I'm more concerned about our DM department anyway.
Eman
Eman
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:15 pm

The Official Arsenal Winter Transfers/Rumours Thread - Page 16 AsuLUxjCMAARIyI
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 40 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28 ... 40  Next