Sri
SUPERCARTTS
Raptorgunner
Amar
Jay29
47 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:06 am

He still is. Seen him do some cracking stuff for Atletico Madrid but nowadays he just lacks consistency and work rate.

Wouldn't surprise me if Alvarez was an impact player or someone who can't quite produce it from the start. We seem to pick up a fair few of these types of players.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by Amar Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:26 am

SUPERCARTTS wrote:Something about this Alvarez bloke, tells me he's either an impact player of runs out of steam around the 65min mark Suspect

Probably is. But if he does the job even for 65 minutes a game, it'll probably be shit more than what Diaby and Denilson offered us last year.

Maybe he's that special impact substitute Wenger can turn to for a creative spark against those shite teams like West Brom.
Amar
Amar
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:18 am

June 26

A centre back who can also be utilised as a defensive midfielder and a striker are today’s names linked with a possible move to Arsenal.

According to the Dutch version of Goal.com (in Dutch), Ajax’s Jan Vertonghen could leave the Dutch side during the summer transfer window. It seems that Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool are all interested in the 24-year old Belgium International who can play as centre back £10.5m, defensive midfielder but also on the left wing, hence offering plenty of solutions to manager Arsene Wenger.

In other news, Tribal Football believes that Malaga’s Jose Salomon Rondon is a target for the Gunners. The 21-year old Venezuelan striker scored 13 goals in the Spanish Liga last season and although it seems he wants to continue with the Los Boquerones, his market value of £4.5m makes him indeed a possible target Arsene Wenger.

I am excited about this rumour, fan of both players.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:00 am

£4.5m for Rondon? Try triple, if not quadruple of that figure. I bet his dumb buy out clause are about €50m LOL
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 am

Jan Vertonghen - One defender (apart from Sakho) that I'd definitely not mind in our squad! Ahh, the bliss of dreaming that we sign these players! Razz

Reyes - The decline of this talent still makes me squirm. How many of you saw that match against Yanited when we were 49 games unbeaten? NEVER have I hated any club that much, and I don't think I can ever be gentlemanly about Yanited after seeing that. We lost a lot of things that night, and Reyes was one of them. Sad

Hows Rondon? Never seen much of him.

In other news, Jack is rumoured to have been offered a 5 year contract at 50k p/w.. Can't say he doesn't deserve it.. Well done Jack..

Also, Yanited - Nasri rumours are back with them preparing a supposed 20mil bid. Good money, but no way I see Nasri leaving us, let alone joining them..

I'm actually getting good vibes about Alvarez.. Lets see..

In all, big big big week coming up, I wish all of us here the very best for this week.. I'm starting a "Our New Signings" thread and will hope for some significant additions to it by the end of the week.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:32 pm

St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi has told Arsene Wenger he wants to join Arsenal. (Source: Daily Star)

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by A Gunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:10 pm

I'm starting to like the prospect of signing Alvarez. We need more direct players that can break tough teams such as Stoke or BBurn.
A Gunner
A Gunner
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:35 pm

srigooner wrote:St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi has told Arsene Wenger he wants to join Arsenal. (Source: Daily Star)

2 busty latino chicks are at home and single. Just text sex to 69696 to get it poppin' (Daily Star)
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:39 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:
srigooner wrote:St Etienne midfielder Blaise Matuidi has told Arsene Wenger he wants to join Arsenal. (Source: Daily Star)

2 busty latino chicks are at home and single. Just text sex to 69696 to get it poppin' (Daily Star)

69696 bounce bounce

Razz
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:43 pm

SUPERCARTTS wrote:

hmmm 2 girls.... reminds me of a lot of stuff Laughing Laughing

i kid i kid
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:29 pm

are we deluded by any signing Arsene is after....
glorify them even if they are pretty bad in reality!

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by lenear1030 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 pm

KMD wrote: are we deluded by any signing Arsene is after....

lol.

ex.

news: Arsenal sign Gareth Barry.

fans: "Wenger sees something in him!"
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm

Reports a couple of days ago suggesting that Alvarez, Gervinho and Chamberlain will all be announced on July 1st.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Ricky-Alvarez-set-to-be-first-of-THREE-Arsenal-signings-next-week-including-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-and-Gervinho-article752234.html

But to add another twist to this saga, Ole.com are reporting Alvarez has not signed for Arsenal.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sushi Master Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:43 pm

Most Wenger signings are good, though. I mean say like 10% of them flop. Worst case is a young, talented guy who will take some time to adapt and to peak... and then he wants to move on.

Now defensive signings... roll the dice and pray. Laughing
Sushi Master
Sushi Master
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Post by KMD Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:47 pm

The defense part is what worries me the most, our attack is cool...

KMD
KMD
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:15 pm

The defensive problems are more organisational and tactical than with the players, though. We could probably get away with not buying a centre back this summer. Buying a centre back would amount to very little if he has to play in a faulty system. Improving how we defend the box, how we pressure the oppostion and how we organise ourselves for set-pieces is first priority.

I'm more concerned about a backup defensive midfielder and whether or not we can get rid of Denilson and Bendtner, at this point.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:24 pm

KMD wrote: are we deluded by any signing Arsene is after....

exception are high for any player coming to Arsenal, we might be deluded at times but I trust Wenger's will buy good player, rather then bad. Arsenal is a club that makes players better then they usually are, because of the way we play, look at the players who were good at Arsenal and left to play at other clubs, they are not the same when they leave.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:29 pm

GoonerJay29 wrote:The defensive problems are more organisational and tactical than with the players, though. We could probably get away with not buying a centre back this summer. Buying a centre back would amount to very little if he has to play in a faulty system. Improving how we defend the box, how we pressure the oppostion and how we organise ourselves for set-pieces is first priority.

I'm more concerned about a backup defensive midfielder and whether or not we can get rid of Denilson and Bendtner, at this point.

Yes jay you are right we need a back up for song,like you said it before It would be great if Wenger can some how bring Gilberto da Silva back.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:36 pm

This is all over the intenet lol who comes up with this garbage.
Arsenal will sell Cesc Fabregas to fund bumper Samir Nasri contract.
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:08 pm

Wage demands and Arsenal's €13.5m price tag have priced Nicklas Bendtner out of a move - this is good news for Arsenal, Nicklas can come back to earth and be happy to just sit on Arsenal bench.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Arsene Wenger: Arsenal have started contract talks with Gael Clichy and want him to stay
Gunners boss admits that the club would like the left back to remain at the club, and reveals that talks have begun to prolong the player's stay at north London
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:18 pm

Raptorgunner wrote:Wage demands and Arsenal's €13.5m price tag have priced Nicklas Bendtner out of a move - this is good news for Arsenal, Nicklas can come back to earth and be happy to just sit on Arsenal bench.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How is this going to bring him back to earth? Because nobody wants to meet how much Arsenal evaluate him?? And how much he is paid at Arsenal?? Frankly, I don't want any wantaway player to stay.. That is a prime reason why I respect Fabregas, no matter how much he dreams of going back to his native, he doesn't *want* away..
If nobody sees him as worth a buy, then I don't really see this dude come down to earth and get motivated, the way WC snub motivated Theo and Nasri.. I think he'll start being more sulky.. Meh..

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:32 pm

Our valuation of Bendtner is ridiculous. Nobody would be willing to splash £10,000,000 on someone who has been a bench player his whole career. Even with his decent goals-to-game ratio, he's still so lacking in many areas. It's no surprise we're having a hard time to offload the guy, because it seems he's not the only one who has too high an opinion of his talents.

Another problem is that Bendtner probably thinks he's too good to move to a smaller club and would most likely demmand high wages to compensate.

Seriously, we messed up giving this guy a salary he doesn't deserve.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:37 pm

Despite rumours that a deal was close to completion, Lille’s President Michel Seydoux has insisted that the French champions have yet to receive a formal offer from Arsenal for Gervinho.

Speaking to RMC Sport he said “We know he has a personal interest in Arsenal. For now there as only been a simple contact [with the club] but no real offer for the player”.

http://news.arseblog.com/index.php/2011/06/lille-still-awaiting-real-gervinho-offer/

Okay, this is just getting ridiculous now.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:39 pm

WHAT THE F......

Just shot me in the head and get it over with
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:43 pm

We'll just have to wait and see what happens. A comment on the story claims Seydoux's quotes are "two weeks old", but then the report on that French website was published yesterday.

So yeah, lots of contradictory stuff being thrown about, such is the fun and games of the transfer window.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next