Sri
SUPERCARTTS
Raptorgunner
Amar
Jay29
47 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 40 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:12 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Denílson will soon complete his loan to São Paulo. Arsenal will receive €400,000 as a fee. São Paulo have the option to buy for €6,000,000. Nothing on his wages as of yet.

We're apparently interesting in one of São Paulo's players: Bruno Uvini, a centre back who captains the Brazil U20 side. We let Denílson go to São Paulo instead of Fluminese for this reason, according to @BrazilGunners.

Joel Campbell has received offers from Manchester United and Dynamo Kyiv and will wait until after the U20 World Cup to make a decision on who he'll join.

The kid is going to play Copa and U20's Shocked Fair play to him I guess. Massive shout out to Utd for getting in on our shit. First Inter- now this?!

SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread  - Page 40 Empty Re: The 2011 Summer Transfer Rumours Thread

Post by lenear1030 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:30 am

it's definitely not a good sign if we're on the verge of signing guys and they keep going back to reconsider....

first alvarez and now campbell?

idk it just says something about us and our ability to seal deals.
lenear1030
lenear1030
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:34 am

Humberto Campbell, Joel's father and advisor, is the one that's delaying the deal. As far as I know, Arsenal bid for the player, successfully negotiated a fee and personal terms with Campbell and the deal would be done subject to a medical.

But then United and Kyiv make offers and Humberto Campbell advises his son to take a look at those because they're offering more money than we are. He says that the family will analyse the offers after the U20 World Cup.

Why wait? It looks like a ploy to get other interested clubs to bid and make offers. Joel Campbell could come back after the U20's with five or six offers and all likely better than ours.

It's incredibly annoying and the exact reason why we do our business quietly. The media in Costa Rica were all over this one, and Humberto Campbell is not helping at all by telling the press what's going on. "Arsenal have reached an agreement with Joel" is just practically saying "other clubs need to bid now before it's too late".

The same thing happened with Alvarez. We go and make a bid and then it becomes public news. Now the vultures come in and make a bid. I wonder if Inter would have bid for the player had they not known we had already done so.

And the South American clubs will always delay the deal in order to start bidding wars and get the best deals. Arsenal, meanwhile, won't pay over the odds for a player and pull out. Sometimes, it's like we're a glorified bargaining chip.

/rant.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Sevilla

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:37 am

lenear1030 wrote:it's definitely not a good sign if we're on the verge of signing guys and they keep going back to reconsider....

We've done all we can other than offer extremely lucrative deals. If we had it our way the Alvarez and Campbell deal would have be done very soon after we made a bid. It's their clubs that hold out for more bids and their agents that hold out for better contracts.

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by EL Patron Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:59 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:
lenear1030 wrote:it's definitely not a good sign if we're on the verge of signing guys and they keep going back to reconsider....

We've done all we can other than offer extremely lucrative deals. If we had it our way the Alvarez and Campbell deal would have be done very soon after we made a bid. It's their clubs that hold out for more bids and their agents that hold out for better contracts.

think the alvarez deal was off due to too many add ons
EL Patron
EL Patron
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Spider Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:37 am

It seems that SAf Can't forget about the ramsey situation
Spider
Spider
First Team
First Team

http://twitter.com/#!/ma7moud_21

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:53 am

GoonerJay29 wrote:Humberto Campbell, Joel's father and advisor, is the one that's delaying the deal. As far as I know, Arsenal bid for the player, successfully negotiated a fee and personal terms with Campbell and the deal would be done subject to a medical.

But then United and Kyiv make offers and Humberto Campbell advises his son to take a look at those because they're offering more money than we are. He says that the family will analyse the offers after the U20 World Cup.

Why wait? It looks like a ploy to get other interested clubs to bid and make offers. Joel Campbell could come back after the U20's with five or six offers and all likely better than ours.

It's incredibly annoying and the exact reason why we do our business quietly. The media in Costa Rica were all over this one, and Humberto Campbell is not helping at all by telling the press what's going on. "Arsenal have reached an agreement with Joel" is just practically saying "other clubs need to bid now before it's too late".

The same thing happened with Alvarez. We go and make a bid and then it becomes public news. Now the vultures come in and make a bid. I wonder if Inter would have bid for the player had they not known we had already done so.

And the South American clubs will always delay the deal in order to start bidding wars and get the best deals. Arsenal, meanwhile, won't pay over the odds for a player and pull out. Sometimes, it's like we're a glorified bargaining chip.

/rant.

Thanks for that! Saved me the trouble of ranting about the exact same thing.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Club Supported : RO Blank

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:06 am

Lex wrote:I don't know about you guys, but unlike Clichy, Adebayor and various other players who left us, i'm not angry with Denilson for this switch. If anything, i'm pleased for the guy

You would be angry if he was a crucial member of the team. Unfortunately, he stopped at being hugely talented and didn't make the cut. I was angry with him when he spoke about trophies at the end of the season, that was rubbing salt to the wounds, especially after the horrible season he himself had.

However, I forgave him when he gave his parting comments (the 'I will miss Arsenal', etc. etc). Now, wish him the very best and hope he wants to come back as a much better player. Otherwise ofcourse, someone mentioned the 6mil buy clause.

Anyone else think that Denilson would have had a better time at Arsenal if we played him in a 4-4-2 and not as a DM in our 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 ?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:09 am

According to the Daily Mirror and Daily Express we're set to offer Cesc a contract extension on his current deal which would keep him at the club until 2017 and pay him £140,000 a week.

Think he'll take the bait?

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:12 am

Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has pleaded with Southampton not to wreck his dream of playing in the Premier League next season.

Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City are all keen to snap up the 17-year-old Saints wonderkid, who is rated at £12million.

But the Mirror understands that Southampton chairman Nicola Cortese is refusing even to speak to interested parties.

“Southampton, and especially the fans, have been brilliant to me ever since I broke into the first team," said Oxlade-Chamberlain last night.

“It has been fantastic helping them to get promoted. But now I feel I’m ready to play in the Premier League.”

Cortese appeared ready to sanction a deal after holding talks with Manchester United and Arsenal in January.

The Saints supremo, however, is understood to have made a string of eye-catching demands - including a 50 per cent sell-on clause and the loan back of the player for the second half of last season - that stalled negotiations.

United have since turned their attentions to Aston Villa winger Ashley Young, while City are homing in on Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri.

Oxlade-Chamberlain delivered 10 goals and two assists in all competitions last season and played a big role in helping the Saints win promotion to the Championship.

His heroics also earned him a place in the League One Team of the Year.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Arsenal-Liverpool-Manchester-City-target-Alex-Oxlade-Chamberlain-tells-Southampton-wants-move-to-Premier-League-article772518.html#ixzz1SX6IYcNx

I'd sign him if his price was a little lower. Don't like Southampton playing hardball with us on this one!

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by Sri Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:14 am

Also, we seem to have turned down a loan offer for Lansbury. Don't see how much he can be involved this season if he stays with us. Probably a few cup games here and there and the odd PL game, but that itself is stretching it.

Sri
Wer ko, der ko

Back to top Go down

Post by SUPERCARTTS Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:58 pm

I read that the deal to sign Campbell is now off. Apparently he didn't show for his medical..
SUPERCARTTS
SUPERCARTTS
Starlet
Starlet

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm

Yup. Joel Campbell, for whatever reason, didn't show up for an arranged medical so now we've pulled out. Saprissa say we've been "first class" throughout the whole thing. Unfortunate, but nothing else we can do.

And yet, I still see fans blaming us for not getting the deal done. Rolling Eyes

Breaking news (ha) this morning is that Guardiola has said we're negotiating the sale of Fabregas to Barcelona yadda yadda what else is new?

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by ArsenalWenger Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:10 pm

http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.nacion.com/&ei=jh4lTovNKsOq8AOF2sz6Cg&sa=X&oi=translate&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CDQQ7gEwAA&prev=/search%3Fq%3DNacion%26hl%3Den%26prmd%3Divns

Joel Campbell left Arsenal planted

The player and his dad did not make the last meeting they had with the English envoy
English club doors are closed to the striker, according to President purple

Joel Campbell planted the representative left Arsenal last night at the last meeting between the two and thus turned his back to the option of linking to the English club.

This was confirmed by President Saprissa, Juan Carlos Rojas, who said he was disappointed by the decision in the end took the Campbell.

"It's disappointing for football, for Saprissa and me who have decided not to make an offer as serious and first class people like Arsenal, I hope things go well for Joel.

"I assume that the father he thinks things will get better after the decision and why, but hey, there's always a risk and it is a pity that the Costa Rican football could not have a player at Arsenal at the moment "said Rojas.

The governor said that last night purple had scheduled a final meeting between Richard Law, a representative of the London club and the player's family.

The meeting will take place at the Intercontinental Hotel at 7 pm however, neither Joel nor his father were present.

Rojas, who dined with Law, said before the snub Arsenal's position had already been made as to completely rule out an eventual agreement.

"There is no other option, the doors are closed," Rojas said at the consultation which was now the position of the Gunners.

In this regard, Humberto Campbell, father of the striker, said that was not presented due to the late hour when his son finished the medical tests performed.

"Joel was at the clinic and I had to talk to him before, not even an hour ago that came out of the exams," he said at 9:15 pm

The striker's father said then refer the issue if I had to but for now he and his family were alone.

"If Arsenal options are closed there is no problem when one door closes, many open," he said.

Yesterday afternoon the parent and consultant Joel revealed that decisions on the future of his son would not take until after the World U-20, in which they participate.

"We decided we will not sign anything yet, we expect to finish the World Cup to go and play Joel calm and no pressure, then see what happens," he said earlier.

He said that is not listed more but allow your child to concentrate on the tournament.

That decision, however, represents an important commitment of the Campbell family, as a poor performance or even injury may postpone plans with Joel.
--------------------------------------------
Whole article there.

Hoping it's just paper bs, but it doesn't sound like it.
ArsenalWenger
ArsenalWenger
Hot Prospect
Hot Prospect

Back to top Go down

Post by Jay29 Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Pep Guardiola says Arsenal have agreed to negotiate over the sale of Cesc Fabregas but revealed Barcelona's priority this summer is a forward.

Arsenal rejected two bids for Fabregas last year, and they have already turned down a further offer this summer, but Guardiola has now confirmed the reports that the Gunners are now willing to talk over their captain.

"Last year we were interested in Cesc but Arsenal did not make him available," he told a press conference. "This year Arsenal have agreed to negotiate and we're working on it. Prices in the market are what they are right now, but I hope that everything can be resolved."

He added: "Everything we have done has been with permission of Arsenal and Mr Wenger knows that. Cesc owes them."

However, Guardiola also revealed that Fabregas is not the club's No. 1 priority this summer and suggested he would be happy to wait another year to complete the deal.

"Between a midfielder and a forward, our priority is a forward," he said, "but there's money for two players."

He added: "Cesc will make us better, we're interested, but if it's not to be then maybe next year and we use the money for something else."

Jay29
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:05 pm

Ivan Gazidis says Arsenal have not yet finished their transfer activity this summer and have “substantial” funds to invest.

The Club’s Chief Executive Officer fully expects Arsène Wenger to add to the purchase of Carl Jenkinson and Gervinho. But, he commented, they would keep their targets under wraps.

"We still will be active in this window,” said Mr Gazidis. “We haven't finished our business at all. We're just not conducting it publicly; we're working hard privately.

“I'm was out in Asia because I could be with Arsène for an extended period of time and think very, very carefully about strategy and targets.

“We understand where the weaknesses have been. Financially we're in a strong position, we have resources to spend. We're certainly not sitting there saying ‘let's hold back on our resources’ for some reason, why would we?

“The resources are there. We've got a substantial amount of money that we can invest. The important thing for us, which can be frustrating, is not doing it only in response to a public clamour but in a way that can positively impact our performance next year. That's the focus now.”

www.Arsenal.com
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Raptorgunner Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:08 pm

Pep Guardiola is is donkey, and he can go frak himself. Barcelona should frak off or pay up.

-------

https://goallegacy.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=4353
Raptorgunner
Raptorgunner
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40