Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

+30
shinigami99
la bestia negra
boss
Zero
Catracho
Soul
Swanhends
FennecFox7
Spider
Adit
Mamad
Highburied
vivabarca38
II Capitano
Cruijf
RedOranje
TalkingReckless
zizzle
Forza
Arquitecto
RealGunner
7amood11
Potential
rwo power
buddytaller
Senor Penguin
che
McLewis
•MilanDevil•
Yuri Yukuv
34 posters

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by 7amood11 Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:23 pm

@rwo power wrote:
ACMRox wrote:"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors."

"But if they cease (fighting you) let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"
But where is publishing caricatures or idiotic movies "fighting" or "practicing oppression"?

I'm not sure if you got it correctly, but ACMRox was actually trying to point out that how some Muslims responded to the movie was wrong. He posted the verses to show how killing is wrong unless they were attacked.

7amood11
First Team
First Team

Posts : 3112
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by zizzle Mon Sep 24, 2012 3:35 pm

forget about RWO, she's too media fed for that
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus
Posts : 6887
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 101

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:42 pm

@Mamad wrote:
its very important for the west to help these people

Like the way you helped Iraqis or Afghans?

Through military intervention?

I dont think thats needed anymore, Iraq was the most autocratic regime and easiest gather a coalition for.

As you can see the dominoes have begun to fall, people are not afraid?

You live in Iran, you know how the young people in tehran are and the 2009 green movement. Yes they are still a minority but momentum is with them, the days of the regime are numbered. The Syrian Baath the only ally of Iran is falling. The country is in stagflation even with this high of oil prices, what will happen when they fall.

Im more for cultural help and help against incarnation or prosecution by majority or the state
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:55 pm

Green Movement? Laughing . You keep listening to CNN and BBC and co....
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:31 pm

@Mamad wrote:
its very important for the west to help these people

Like the way you helped Iraqis or Afghans?


.Yep Afgan was much better under Talibans.Werent they? :facepalm:
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Yuri Yukuv Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:49 pm

@Mamad wrote:Green Movement? Laughing . You keep listening to CNN and BBC and co....

i actually dont tune in to mainstream entertainment news channels much





You cant deny these videos my friend, rafsanjani and mosovi had many supporters. Didnt rafsanjanis daughter and son get arrested today?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea
Posts : 1974
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 76

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Oh yeah? they are better now and Taliban is gone? there is less bombing and killing? i highly doubt that.

Afghan's are coming ( running ) to Iran every day ( illegally though ). that should tell you the story about the situation there.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:02 pm

Now after US invasion Afganistan are laying a decent education system and and atleast a small portion are getting education.And slowly some infrastructure is coming into Afganistan.They even have a reason (cricket) to put smile in their faces.

Ofcourse living under Barbarians like Taliban was much better.And what a great excuse.U shouldnt stop barbarians like Talibans from ruling because they will start retaliate by bombing and killing.

BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:11 pm

@Yuri Yukuv wrote:
@Mamad wrote:Green Movement? Laughing . You keep listening to CNN and BBC and co....

i actually dont tune in to mainstream entertainment news channels much





You cant deny these videos my friend, rafsanjani and mosovi had many supporters. Didnt rafsanjanis daughter and son get arrested today?

Those are Mousavi fans in tehran. green was their color and the day they lost the election they came out. what you see in the video.

but that was it. it ended. peacefully. the days after that some terrorists came out with guns. they attacked stores set fire and tried to attack military stations.

In second video you see they attacked some dudes. the reason was they wanted to make chaos. and when you attack stores and taxis police tells you to stop. if you don't they attack you because their job is to defend city's safe. and they are human and they get mad and pissed some times.

in progress some of them may do the not right thing but they are human and they do mistake. and i have seen police kicking the shit out of some people in other countries. just go to youtube. no one should be blamed but the cop.

let me tell you something. they killed some boys and girls and said government did it. terrorists among ordinary people with guns. they wanted to made people mad and say government is killing people. but that didn't last long and people find the reality behind situation and there is no more protests. and even then they were just about 50 - 60 at max. this is nothing lol.

and seriously, by showing 2 or 3 video of protestors and things like this you can't prove a damn thing.

about Rafsanjani, his son is a thief so his daughter. you don't know anything about them. i and Iranians do.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:20 pm

@BeautifulGame wrote:Now after US invasion Afganistan are laying a decent education system and and atleast a small portion are getting education.And slowly some infrastructure is coming into Afganistan.They even have a reason (cricket) to put smile in their faces.

Ofcourse living under Barbarians like Taliban was much better.And what a great excuse.U shouldnt stop barbarians like Talibans from ruling because they will start retaliate by bombing and killing.


They are living under same terrorist attacks ( if not worst ) as 10 years ago. there is no safe place.

and Taliban is still there. alive and kicking. i don't see any progress there really. we have a big border with Afghanistan and they are the most foreign people in Iran. they speak Persian so its not hard for them to live here and when we speak to them and ask them about situation there they tell us there is no difference and attacks are even more.

actually US being there gives a good reason for terrorists to attack.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by BeautifulGame Mon Sep 24, 2012 8:24 pm

Living under Talibans who made sure they remain illiterates or US who have spend millions into their education system.Not hard to figure out where they are better off.

And living under Terrorist threat is million times better than living under Terrorists.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Mamad Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:21 pm

Situation is pretty much the same.
Mamad
Mamad
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Real Madrid
Posts : 3952
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Senor Penguin Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:19 am

ACMRox wrote:
@Potential wrote:As long as religious text can be interpreted in more than one way

"Fight in the cause of God those who fight you, but do not transgress limits; for God loves not transgressors."

"But if they cease (fighting you) let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression"

2:191-193

Please, O resident Isreali expert of my religion, explain to me the 'variant' interpretations of this verse.

It is not Muslims, Christians, Jews, Atheists, or anyone else that kill.

It is humans that kill.
What constitutes as oppression? The term is very relative and I don't see how it proves a point.

If you think we can't find reasons for violence in the religions or other ideologies then I don't understand how you can claim Muslims were behind many scientific inventions?

I don't doubt Muslims were behind many scientific inventions nor do I doubt the religious influence on violence. For me religion is clearly a part of the reason for the violence and killing but there are also many political and cultural reasons behind it. I, unlike you, don't believe Islam is the reason why Muslims, for example, advanced the field of medicine. I have seen nothing in the religious scripture that suggests it made a very logical motivation for scientific advancement. I attribute that mostly to the culture at the time of the advancements and while the culture was influenced by Islam, the people of the culture were probably more attached to the good parts of the scripture and ignored the less flattering parts (as healthy agnostics do).

I do, however, see things in the scripture which leads to bigotry and which can ultimately lead to the extremist nonsense we're seeing today (and will continue to see if people don't unite against them). But thankfully most people weigh the good parts of the scripture over the bad and don't use the scripture to justify their anger and feeling of injustice.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo
Posts : 1947
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by II Capitano Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:19 pm

BeautifulGame, the situation in Afghanistan is pretty much the same as it was since America came into the equation; nothing has changed. And the USA doesn't exactly help, does it? They're just sending soldiers to aid their cause, but many are dying, which is a shambles, in all honesty. As for Iraq, they destroyed the country, they destroyed the people there, many were raped, killed, and most were because of no reason at all. Now, you have youngsters, who are mentally unstable, wanting to attack the USA for killing their parents etc. Also, it's nice to pay Israel a lot of money, they're the victims.
II Capitano
II Capitano
Starlet
Starlet

Club Supported : Marseille
Posts : 784
Join date : 2011-10-28
Age : 27

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by BeautifulGame Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:41 pm

@II Capitano wrote:BeautifulGame, the situation in Afghanistan is pretty much the same as it was since America came into the equation; nothing has changed. And the USA doesn't exactly help, does it? They're just sending soldiers to aid their cause, but many are dying, which is a shambles, in all honesty. As for Iraq, they destroyed the country, they destroyed the people there, many were raped, killed, and most were because of no reason at all. Now, you have youngsters, who are mentally unstable, wanting to attack the USA for killing their parents etc.

Frankly i dont know anything about the situation in Iraq but in Afganistan the conditions are far better than they were under Talibans and steadily improving there even if its at a snail pace.


Also, it's nice to pay Israel a lot of money, they're the victims.

Sure US govt isnt saint.But they arent half as bad as some ME countries who fund terrorists atleast from my pov.
BeautifulGame
BeautifulGame
First Team
First Team

Posts : 4561
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 34

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:14 pm

Okay, I'm again pouring oil in a certain fire, but I wanted to show why it is so difficult for me and probably quite some other people to really see "the Islam" as peceful religion, when certain (of course obviously fanatical) groups (allegedly? I have no chance to look into the original statements, of course) give out such statements to the the public:

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Taliban insurgents said on Tuesday that the Pakistani schoolgirl its gunmen shot in the head deserved to die because she had spoken out against the group and praised U.S. President Barack Obama.

Malala Yousufzai, 14, was flown to Britain on Monday, where doctors said she has every chance of making a "good recovery".

The attack on Yousufzai, who had been advocating education for girls, drew widespread condemnation.

Pakistani surgeons removed a bullet from near her spinal cord during a three-hour operation the day after the attack last week, but she now needs intensive specialist follow-up care.

Authorities have said they have made several arrests in connection with the case but have given no details.

Pakistan's Taliban described Yousufzai as a "spy of the West".

"For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies," the group said in a statement.

"She used to propagate against mujahideen (holy warriors) to defame (the) Taliban. The Quran says that people propagating against Islam and Islamic forces would be killed.

"We targeted her because she would speak against the Taliban while sitting with shameless strangers and idealized the biggest enemy of Islam, Barack Obama."

Yousufzai, a cheerful schoolgirl who had wanted to become a doctor before agreeing to her father's wishes that she strive to be a politician, has become a potent symbol of resistance against the Taliban's efforts to deprive girls of an education.

Pakistanis have held some protests and candlelight vigils but most government officials have refrained from publicly criticising the Taliban by name over the attack, in what critics say is a lack of resolve against extremism.

"We did not attack her for raising voice for education. We targeted her for opposing mujahideen and their war," said the Taliban. "Shariah (Islamic law) says that even a child can be killed if he is propagating against Islam."

The point in blue shows that unfortunatgely there is too little reaction from the people in charge, which gives the impression that the actions do not seem to be considered unislamic by the people in charge at least and as Pakistan considers itself an "Islamic Republic", this violence can be understood to be condoned by the religious leaders that way.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/taliban-says-attack-pakistani-schoolgirl-justified-120515479.html
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Arquitecto Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:02 pm

@rwo power wrote:Okay, I'm again pouring oil in a certain fire, but I wanted to show why it is so difficult for me and probably quite some other people to really see "the Islam" as peceful religion, when certain (of course obviously fanatical) groups (allegedly? I have no chance to look into the original statements, of course) give out such statements to the the public:

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Taliban insurgents said on Tuesday that the Pakistani schoolgirl its gunmen shot in the head deserved to die because she had spoken out against the group and praised U.S. President Barack Obama.

Malala Yousufzai, 14, was flown to Britain on Monday, where doctors said she has every chance of making a "good recovery".

The attack on Yousufzai, who had been advocating education for girls, drew widespread condemnation.

Pakistani surgeons removed a bullet from near her spinal cord during a three-hour operation the day after the attack last week, but she now needs intensive specialist follow-up care.

Authorities have said they have made several arrests in connection with the case but have given no details.

Pakistan's Taliban described Yousufzai as a "spy of the West".

"For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies," the group said in a statement.

"She used to propagate against mujahideen (holy warriors) to defame (the) Taliban. The Quran says that people propagating against Islam and Islamic forces would be killed.

"We targeted her because she would speak against the Taliban while sitting with shameless strangers and idealized the biggest enemy of Islam, Barack Obama."

Yousufzai, a cheerful schoolgirl who had wanted to become a doctor before agreeing to her father's wishes that she strive to be a politician, has become a potent symbol of resistance against the Taliban's efforts to deprive girls of an education.

Pakistanis have held some protests and candlelight vigils but most government officials have refrained from publicly criticising the Taliban by name over the attack, in what critics say is a lack of resolve against extremism.

"We did not attack her for raising voice for education. We targeted her for opposing mujahideen and their war," said the Taliban. "Shariah (Islamic law) says that even a child can be killed if he is propagating against Islam."

The point in blue shows that unfortunatgely there is too little reaction from the people in charge, which gives the impression that the actions do not seem to be considered unislamic by the people in charge at least and as Pakistan considers itself an "Islamic Republic", this violence can be understood to be condoned by the religious leaders that way.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/taliban-says-attack-pakistani-schoolgirl-justified-120515479.html

I still don't understand why you will not separate these radical fundamentalist groups from the progressive groups that actually promote Islam by the book and in context. I mean I'm not even a Muslim and haven't grown up in that environment and I can attest to fact that Taliban and these "groups" use Islam for monetary reasons and political frontage, by exploiting loopholes and bringing the rather cryptic text of the Q'uran severely out of context.

No Sharia does not allow a single one of those laws as the posters who do follow Islam will swiftly provide proof of that followed of that, I believe.

Pakistan "technically" is an Islamic Rebublic yet that doesn't mean anything considering the complete lack of ethics within the Government as well as not even adhering by the Islamic Law half of the time.

Instead of following examples of these Fundamentalist groups and random occurrences within these countries, I suggest you pick up a book which translates the Quran and I can assure you that none of these out of context laws will be within sight of the book.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Real Sociedad
Posts : 11489
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:33 pm

My point is more - why on earth are those extremists allowed to continue to run rampant like this and why is there no bigger outcry to publicly tell them they are not members of the Islam if they just twist it like this? Or is the problem that there is no way to kick them out? I think there should be a bigger movement to actively set them apart. If the religious leaders of the Islam could tell them "you are no Muslims anymore", wouldn't that be an adequate punishment? Why is there no way that you could get rid of such foul apples, if you consider them non-Islamic?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Potential Thu Oct 18, 2012 3:43 pm

@rwo power wrote:My point is more - why on earth are those extremists allowed to continue to run rampant like this and why is there no bigger outcry to publicly tell them they are not members of the Islam if they just twist it like this? Or is the problem that there is no way to kick them out? I think there should be a bigger movement to actively set them apart. If the religious leaders of the Islam could tell them "you are no Muslims anymore", wouldn't that be an adequate punishment? Why is there no way that you could get rid of such foul apples, if you consider them non-Islamic?

YouTube undercover mosque, there are two documentaries, I think one is calle the return?

Anyway, IMO, it shows how islam are not a peaceful religion OR it shows how Muslims in positions of power preach violent; it can only be one of either!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan
Posts : 1203
Join date : 2011-06-09

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:25 pm

@rwo power wrote:Okay, I'm again pouring oil in a certain fire, but I wanted to show why it is so difficult for me and probably quite some other people to really see "the Islam" as peceful religion, when certain (of course obviously fanatical) groups (allegedly? I have no chance to look into the original statements, of course) give out such statements to the the public:

ISLAMABAD (Reuters) - Taliban insurgents said on Tuesday that the Pakistani schoolgirl its gunmen shot in the head deserved to die because she had spoken out against the group and praised U.S. President Barack Obama.

Malala Yousufzai, 14, was flown to Britain on Monday, where doctors said she has every chance of making a "good recovery".

The attack on Yousufzai, who had been advocating education for girls, drew widespread condemnation.

Pakistani surgeons removed a bullet from near her spinal cord during a three-hour operation the day after the attack last week, but she now needs intensive specialist follow-up care.

Authorities have said they have made several arrests in connection with the case but have given no details.

Pakistan's Taliban described Yousufzai as a "spy of the West".

"For this espionage, infidels gave her awards and rewards. And Islam orders killing of those who are spying for enemies," the group said in a statement.

"She used to propagate against mujahideen (holy warriors) to defame (the) Taliban. The Quran says that people propagating against Islam and Islamic forces would be killed.

"We targeted her because she would speak against the Taliban while sitting with shameless strangers and idealized the biggest enemy of Islam, Barack Obama."

Yousufzai, a cheerful schoolgirl who had wanted to become a doctor before agreeing to her father's wishes that she strive to be a politician, has become a potent symbol of resistance against the Taliban's efforts to deprive girls of an education.

Pakistanis have held some protests and candlelight vigils but most government officials have refrained from publicly criticising the Taliban by name over the attack, in what critics say is a lack of resolve against extremism.

"We did not attack her for raising voice for education. We targeted her for opposing mujahideen and their war," said the Taliban. "Shariah (Islamic law) says that even a child can be killed if he is propagating against Islam."

The point in blue shows that unfortunatgely there is too little reaction from the people in charge, which gives the impression that the actions do not seem to be considered unislamic by the people in charge at least and as Pakistan considers itself an "Islamic Republic", this violence can be understood to be condoned by the religious leaders that way.

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/taliban-says-attack-pakistani-schoolgirl-justified-120515479.html

I can't believe you are taking those statements seriously by the Taliban. Obviously they will say whatever they can to justify themselves, it's highly unlikely they will come out and say " oh jeez we are doing this because YOLO" Whatever they are saying is completely bullshit and their statements doesn't hold any weight. Taliban talking about Islam is like Stalin Giving a speech on Pacifism

About the lack of reaction. It's far more political than Religion

There are two things in this situation. One is that the Political leaders in Pakistan will probably end up dead in a week if they go all out against the Taliban, there is a reason they hardly give speeches against them. Second is that If they try and stick with the Taliban, They will get their votes in the election which is coming up and believe it or not but that gets them the security against the other corrupt groups.

Look at the Protests in Middle east, They all got wiped away in 3 days after people realised Violence isn't right. On the other hand, About 20+ got killed in Pakistan during their 1st protest on the same thing.



Last edited by RealGunner on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:27 pm

@Potential wrote:
@rwo power wrote:My point is more - why on earth are those extremists allowed to continue to run rampant like this and why is there no bigger outcry to publicly tell them they are not members of the Islam if they just twist it like this? Or is the problem that there is no way to kick them out? I think there should be a bigger movement to actively set them apart. If the religious leaders of the Islam could tell them "you are no Muslims anymore", wouldn't that be an adequate punishment? Why is there no way that you could get rid of such foul apples, if you consider them non-Islamic?

YouTube undercover mosque, there are two documentaries, I think one is calle the return?

Anyway, IMO, it shows how islam are not a peaceful religion OR it shows how Muslims in positions of power preach violent; it can only be one of either!

loooool, The same documentary that got ripped to shreds and the Producers nearly got Sued for ? Everyone knows it was Bullshit and exaggerated ( not all though because i did agree with some of the stuff ) furthermore it was done by Dispatches, who everyone knows love to sensationalise things. They recorded over 60 hours of documentary and after Editing to show their favourite bits which would spark a reaction..

it was only 40 minutes long...


Last edited by RealGunner on Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by rwo power Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:38 pm

@RealGunner wrote:I can't believe you are taking those statements seriously by the Taliban. Obviously they will say whatever they can to justify themselves, it's highly unlikely they will come out and say " oh jeez we are doing this because YOLO" Whatever they are saying is completely bullshit and their statements doesn't hold any weight. Taliban talking about Islam is like Stalin Giving a speech on Pacifism
Well, the point is more that they do publish these statements for all to hear and they are not ostracized in any way for it.

@RealGunner wrote:About the lack of reaction. It's far more political than Religion

There are two things in this situation. One is that the Political leaders in Pakistan will probably end up dead in a week if they go all out against the Taliban, there is a reason they hardly give speeches against them. Second is that If they try and stick with the Taliban, They will get their votes in the election which is coming up and believe it or not but that gets them the security against the other corrupt groups.
Okay, that would be true in Pakistan. But why do not all Imams in the other countries stand up ands declare the Taliban outlaws from the religion?

@RealGunner wrote:Look at the Protests in Middle east, They all got wiped away in 3 days after people realised Violence isn't right. On the other hand, About 20+ got killed in Pakistan during their 1st protest on the same thing.
Again, this is not alone about the politicians/religious leaders in Pakistan.

Why can't the Imams in Iran, Iraq, Turkey, every other country where Imams are available and preaching to the masses stand up and say "Look people, the Islam is a religion of peace and those who kill in the name of the Islam are not belonging to the Islam anymore because they violate its core principles"?
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko
Posts : 20978
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:51 pm

They don't need to Publicly say that they are not part of Islam, Because the Talibans or the Extremists Probably know it themselves. It won't change anything and if a person ( who isn't necessarily related to Islam) is clever and can think for him self, he will know that too.

Talibans are already outlawed, they are not welcome. They never were and they never will be.

About 90% of Muslims are peaceful, However you will NEVER hear about them because the media doesn't have anything to show about them, nor they need to.

You hear the incidents involving the remaining 10% because that's how the Media works, You hear/watch the extremists, then you think probably the others are like this as well, which creates controversy, which then produce uneasiness among people, you get skeptical of them, your children gets skeptical of their children and what you get is a Divided community full of hate.

Although that is going off topic but needed to rant.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RedOranje Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:58 pm

It doesn't matter whether the extremists know it, RG, it's about making it clear to the REST of the world that these radical groups are not considered part of the faith.

Fact is, that statements from prominent Islam leaders WILL change the opinion of people both intelligent and otherwise, or at very least make said people reconsider any preconceived notions they have about Islam. To say that making such statements would not affect any one's opinion is merely justification for laziness or cowardliness on the part of those leaders who fail to make such stands.

The media most certainly WOULD report if major religious leaders stood up denouncing such attacks and/or public demonstrations were made by the average Islamic people in middle east nations against such groups. Especially in the US, the media LOVE public demonstrations and the people tend to take them very seriously, given our own past with such efforts.


The fact of the matter is, to say that standing up to such horrible acts and the people who commit them by claiming it won't change anything or it will simply be ignored equates to simply attempting to excuse inaction. Nothing ever changes if you are not willing to beget the change yourself, and such a self-defeatist attitude only hurts the cause further.
RedOranje
RedOranje
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Liverpool
Posts : 11099
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:40 pm

@RedOranje wrote:It doesn't matter whether the extremists know it, RG, it's about making it clear to the REST of the world that these radical groups are not considered part of the faith.

Fact is, that statements from prominent Islam leaders WILL change the opinion of people both intelligent and otherwise, or at very least make said people reconsider any preconceived notions they have about Islam. To say that making such statements would not affect any one's opinion is merely justification for laziness or cowardliness on the part of those leaders who fail to make such stands.

The media most certainly WOULD report if major religious leaders stood up denouncing such attacks and/or public demonstrations were made by the average Islamic people in middle east nations against such groups. Especially in the US, the media LOVE public demonstrations and the people tend to take them very seriously, given our own past with such efforts.


The fact of the matter is, to say that standing up to such horrible acts and the people who commit them by claiming it won't change anything or it will simply be ignored equates to simply attempting to excuse inaction. Nothing ever changes if you are not willing to beget the change yourself, and such a self-defeatist attitude only hurts the cause further.

Good points in the 1st and the last paragraph, but i don't agree with the middle one.

Statements by around 70 Islamic leaders from all over the world after the 9/11 stressing the fact that those who were involved should be severely punished are are breaking the laws of islam itself.

http://kurzman.unc.edu/islamic-statements-against-terrorism/

Did any of those statements every made it to CNN, CNBC, Fox news ? Did the people ever get to read those statements ? They didn't in the UK.

@ rwo, found something for you. This is basically what i said, Government don't give 2 cents about the Malala Incident, but the people are aware, and so are the islamic leaders. Talibans are killing Muslims, they have killed more muslims than any other. They are NOT related to Islam and they never will be

http://dawn.com/2012/10/11/fifty-muslim-scholars-issue-fatwa-against-taliban/

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/may/12/muslim-leaders-unite-against-the-taliban/?page=all


RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by RealGunner Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:09 pm

Found this Gem of an article, Please read it all if you have the time ( you can skip the part on God which is in italic ) It sums what i want to say


Are The Taliban Really Muslims?

As a child every Muslim girl learns that she needs to be good, do her prayers five times daily and know that God is more than just a word. He is closer to our body than our veins and He sees and hears everything, as we say in Arabic many times over in our five daily prayers. He said so Himself.

This closeness means God watches us as we make our daily decisions in everything we do; from laundry to politicking and playing God with people's lives. Our Creator has said many times over in the holy books, Torah, Bible and Koran, that He watches us without resting. He says this not to scare us but to give us assurance we can lean on him in thick and thin. We can seek Him and He will answer. It is not to make Him important, even though He is, but to let us know that He knows who is who and what we are doing.

Muslims believe in an afterlife as the Prophet taught in the holy Quran. It seems surreal that what we were taught as sacred is now regularly on the daily news. Seems to me the Muslim Afterlife has become more a fad than the real deal. Everything from virgins to heaven seems to be for sale!
Bin Laden, Al Qaeda and other Islamist teach that you can buy your way to heaven by killing innocent non-Muslims! That blasphemous concept was not in the lesson plan when I studied Islam. I am still trying to figure out, where did the Prophet say that you can kill the innocent and go to heaven?

Once upon time, Muslim children were taught they should behave and do good things because their book of deeds will be opened in front of everyone in the afterlife. There was a time when children were told that if they do naughty things, God would let everyone in the afterlife who comes to get their assignment to Heaven or Hell know about their misuse of Islam or any other religion. Children became good people, embraced, fear out of respect and, of course, deep love for God during their adult years. Money was never part of the Islam agenda until Bin Laden become the entrepreneur Muslim!

We were taught that the Prophet himself (Peace be upon him) was the symbol of kindness. As a moderate Muslim, perhaps I should be the last to admit this but I am very distraught when non-Muslims challenge me about the time of Prophet Mohamad and recite a litany of disturbing stories, some with a hint of truth and some entirely bogus.

My blood boils when people wrongly judge a Prophet who was so kind. I have studied his path that he used to pass on the same street every day, allowing a non believer to insult and pour hot ashes on him. After many years of heaping abuse on the Prophet, when the man became sick, Prophet went to his bedside, calling him friend and asking about his health.

It bothers me when people seem to have an On and Off switch for history and jump from the 21st century to 1400 and judge Prophet Mohamad based on what they see today. As heart broken as I am, I can not really blame them because I too am upset with the behavior of some ignorant individuals who call themselves Muslims.

When sincere but uninformed people judge the actions of Prophet Mohammad (Peace be upon him) based on the actions of a bunch of killers of innocents such as the Taliban, Al Qaeda, Bin Laden, I do not blame the questioners and can offer little defense because we, as Muslims, don't do anything to stop these contemporary madmen. So, what can we expect of others who don't share our knowledge and belief in the Prophet.

As a Muslim, my pain doubles. It is my Muslim duty to stand up to those who insult the Prophet but first I must stand up to the men who use Him and destroy our Prophet's legacy as they destroy Islam that he worked so hard to bring to his good followers. What is our mission? When a Muslim is called to a Jihad, he is not called to kill but to defend his religion. That is the meaning of the word Jihad and the true purpose: to defend our religion when it is threatened. Our religion has been hijacked by so-called Islamist. A billion Muslims are suffering the consequences of a bunch of Pirates calling themselves Muslims and we do absolutely nothing to censure or stop them.

They are killing the innocent, robbing, bombing and turning our children into the next generation of suicide bombers to bargain for Heaven, or, more likely, Hell. I challenge my fellow Muslims to ask themselves, if Prophet Mohamad was here would he agree with this? If your answer is No, you ought to stop this madness. You ought to stand up.

Our God, the God of Creation who created 124,000 prophets, in giving us books mentioned in the Koran, called five of his prophets the greatest men of three religions: Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Mohamad. He has created every man, woman and child in this world and he is the only one who can give a life or take a life.

When the Taliban commits the great sin of taking hostage innocent Korean civilians and kills them while calling themselves Muslims, I am at the end of my talking point. I can no longer tell non-Muslims, you can't say that about my religion or prophet because I myself am guilty of doing nothing!

Remember, on the day that we go back for judgment, God says, "I am going to place you in rows." He doesn't say, Row One Christians. Row Two Muslims. Row Three 3 Jews. He said in Rows. You shall stand and you shall answer. He will ask, "What you have done for me?" We may be tempted to answer, "Dear God, you didn't need anything." He is going to tell us, "No, I didn't but your neighbor did. Your friends did. And, he is going to ask all of us, "Why, as Muslims didn't you stand up to the Taliban and demand freedom for the innocent the day you heard the news of innocent people becoming their hostage? Why didn't you say that God will never forgive the man killers who wrap themselves in phony religious protection?

He is going to tell us He will not forgive the Muslims because they didn't stand up to the religious charlatans. Even though we knew this was the right thing to do, we didn't do it. God has said many times, not only to his prophets but also to others, "You will feel me in your heart." While you are reading this article, close your eyes knowing that killing the innocent in the name of God is "Haraam"or Taboo in Islam. Then you will know that God has spoken to you.

Every Muslim must demand today, "Stop killing the innocent and free the hostages." Or, in your after life, you will be answering to God Himself for not standing up for the truth.

The misnamed Jihad responsible for the atrocities now enveloping our world is the real threat to the future of Islam. Rational Muslims must declare a Jihad on the false Jihad.

Don't just stand on the side walk waiting for someone else to do something. Muslims must shout, "Spare the innocent. Release the hostages. Stop playing God with people's lives in the name of God."

http://www.globalpolitician.com/23231-taliban

2007*
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal
Posts : 89084
Join date : 2011-06-05

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 - Page 10 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum