Senor Penguin
che
McLewis
•MilanDevil•
Yuri Yukuv
34 posters

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Empty Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by Yuri Yukuv Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:34 pm

Egyptians tear down flag at US embassy during protest over Prophet Mohammed film

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 272866-us-embassy-protest-cairo

THOUSANDS of Egyptian demonstrators have torn down the Stars and Stripes at the US embassy in Cairo and replaced it with an Islamic flag on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks in the United States.

Nearly 3000 demonstrators, most of them hardline Islamist supporters of the Salafist movement or football fans, gathered at the embassy in protest over a film deemed offensive to the Prophet Mohammed which was produced by expatriate members of Egypt's Christian minority resident in the United States.

A dozen men scaled the embassy walls and one of them tore down the US flag, replacing it with a black one inscribed with the Muslim profession of faith: "There is no God but God and Mohammed is the prophet of God."

Demonstrators also daubed part of that slogan - "There is no God but God" - on the walls of the embassy compound.

Asked whether the flag the protesters hoisted on the anniversary of the killing of nearly 3000 people in Washington, New York and Pennsylvania was that of the al-Qaeda movement culprits, a US State Department official said she thought not.
US Embassy protest Cairo

Egyptian protesters chant anti-US slogans in front of the US embassy in Cairo after tearing down the US flag and replacing it with a black flag with Islamic inscription. Picture: Nasser Nasser

"We had some people breach the wall, take the flag down and replace it. What I heard was that it was replaced with a plain black flag. But I maybe not be correct in that," she said, when asked whether it was the emblem of the jihadists that had been raised.

police intervened without resort to force and persuaded the trespassers to come down. The crowd then largely dispersed leaving just a few hundred protesters outside the US mission, another AFP correspondent reported.

Women wearing the niqab, the full-face veil worn by hardline Islamists, joined the rally chanting: "Sons of the Cross, anything but our beloved Mohammed."

Egyptian activist Wael Ghoneim wrote on his Facebook page that "attacking the US embassy on September 11 and raising flags linked to al-Qaeda will not be understood by the American public as a protest over the film about the prophet.

"Instead, it will be received as a celebration of the crime that took place on September 11," he said.

Americans on Tuesday marked the 11th anniversary of the September 11, attacks in which nearly 3000 people were killed when hijacked airliners slammed into the Pentagon and New York's World Trade Centre and another was brought down in Pennsylvania.

--------------------------------------

How can we socialize muslims into modern soceity?
Yuri Yukuv
Yuri Yukuv
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Chelsea

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by •MilanDevil• Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:09 pm

These are not Muslims and will never be. Its hard to find true Muslims these days, its like catching legendary pokemons.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Empty Re: Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:11 am

We lost our Ambassador to Libya and 3 others in similar attacks. He died trying to get people out of the embassy and succumbed to the fumes.

Man is a hero. RIP.

Senseless slaughter over a frakking movie.

McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:39 am

i love how they reacted like a bunch of mindless lunatics to a stupid video that portrayed them as a bunch of mindless lunatics

and don't give me that "they're not muslims" bullshit please...
che
che
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Benfica

Back to top Go down

Post by Senor Penguin Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:16 am

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Enhanced-buzz-wide-28244-1347483313-2

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Enhanced-buzz-wide-27739-1347483337-4

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Enhanced-buzz-wide-5606-1347482805-10

Islamists attack US embassy in egypt on 9/11 Enhanced-buzz-wide-27696-1347483363-5

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/12-photos-of-benghazi-citizens-apologizing-to-amer

Heart

I know it's not Egypt but the stories are related.

Senor Penguin
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Sao Paulo

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:51 am

The US is currently deploying two warships off the coast of Libya ready to target specific targets which would provide "flexibility" for the US government.

http://security.blogs.cnn.com/2012/09/12/us-moving-navy-destroyers-off-coast-of-libya/
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by rwo power Thu Sep 13, 2012 9:58 am

I wish the "proper" followers of the Islam would stand up and kick out these Islamists that are only out to incite violence. Isn't there something like an Excommunication in Islam? I think that should be a proper punishment for them if they are not Muslims as some people say. (And moreover, I think that would actually be a punishment that really hurts them.)
rwo power
rwo power
Super Moderator
Super Moderator

Club Supported : Asante Kotoko

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:07 am

that filmaker :facepalm: causing this chaos.

people of u.s. doesnt deserve this disrespect during the times of 9/11 anniversary, neither does innocent muslim people who are massively blamed unrightfully for violence.

this common sense, what the f... k was that filmmaker thinking. its obviously going to unrest and make muslim angry if that filmaker is depicting something that doesnt please the muslims.

Back to top Go down

Post by buddytaller Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:15 am

I don't think it's fair to blame the filmmaker, he's committed no crime under US laws. Islamic extremism is a growing phenomenon, US foreign policy in North Africa and the middle east over the pasts decades is largely to blame.

Muslims have a right to be aggrieved by any disrespect shown to their religion, but that should not be an excuse for anybody to attack a US embassy or kill a US ambassador. The real criminals in this story is not the filmmaker, but rather the extremists who attacked the embassies.
buddytaller
buddytaller
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Dinamo Zagreb

Back to top Go down

Post by Potential Thu Sep 13, 2012 10:33 am

buddytaller wrote:I don't think it's fair to blame the filmmaker, he's committed no crime under US laws. Islamic extremism is a growing phenomenon, US foreign policy in North Africa and the middle east over the pasts decades is largely to blame.

Muslims have a right to be aggrieved by any disrespect shown to their religion, but that should not be an excuse for anybody to attack a US embassy or kill a US ambassador. The real criminals in this story is not the filmmaker, but rather the extremists who attacked the embassies.

Couldn't agree more, muslims have every right to be upset but a retaliation of this magnetite is stupid.

On the original question, Israel for example has high muslim percentage (around 17% im guessing) However you do not see these actions nor even feel them, the reason I believe is that children are forced into education before religious education ( at least in schools ) where religious education starts after what we call social education in three years! Where muslims in the near areas of me are rather sweet but you can still spot the ones who are extremist very easily, especially near 'holy places' as the high level of conflicts consisting in that place and lack of consistancy, what however stands to be cleared: the christian society is very peaceful in Jerusalem whereas the muslim society still suffers from hatery toward jews.

In short, if you look at western muslims, most of them are good people whereas the in countries where El Shariaa is the law, you seem to find more violent, once the seperation between 'church and state' reach islamic countries and social and raw education is a must to all children and happens ( at least in schools ) before religious education, islam will slowly but surely integrate into modern society!
Potential
Potential
Banned (Permanent)

Club Supported : Inter Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:55 am

McLewis wrote:We lost our Ambassador to Libya and 3 others in similar attacks. He died trying to get people out of the embassy and succumbed to the fumes.

Man is a hero. RIP.

I heard that he was a good guy, it's a shame that he died. The people who did this in no way represent us Libyans and nor do they represent Islam. The pictures Senor Penguin posted show that.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:02 pm

che wrote:i love how they reacted like a bunch of mindless lunatics to a stupid video that portrayed them as a bunch of mindless lunatics

and don't give me that "they're not muslims" bullshit please...

You're not very bright are you? They don't represent Islam in any way, because killing anybody, regardless of his/her religion is a grave offense and is prohibited in Islam.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by 7amood11 Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:06 pm

•MilanDevil• wrote:These are not Muslims and will never be. Its hard to find true Muslims these days, its like catching legendary pokemons.

What do you mean by "true Muslims"? If you mean normal people-ish, moderate Muslims, than those people are everywhere. It's just that the media focuses on the few idiots who tarnish the reputation of Islam by doing things that are against Islam.
7amood11
7amood11
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by McLewis Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 pm

7amood11 wrote:
McLewis wrote:We lost our Ambassador to Libya and 3 others in similar attacks. He died trying to get people out of the embassy and succumbed to the fumes.

Man is a hero. RIP.

I heard that he was a good guy, it's a shame that he died. The people who did this in no way represent us Libyans and nor do they represent Islam. The pictures Senor Penguin posted show that.

I apologize if my last sentence came off as an attack on Islam. It was not, I assure you.

Every time something like this happens, the lack of reason pisses me off.

It seems to me that these guys worship the Prophet Muhammad himself more than they do Allah. Everytime something bad is said about him in the slightest, they throw hissy fits and kill people. Disgraceful.

I'm well aware that there are Muslims who reject this behavior out right, but I also am aware that while I'm glad that not all share this zealous belief in absolutes, words have proven to be not enough to sway these people from continue on with their bloodshed.

Simply put: These guys have no qualms about hurting people, those who speak against them do. That is why incidents like this will continue to happen.
McLewis
McLewis
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Roma

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:32 pm

7amood11 wrote:

You're not very bright are you? They don't represent Islam in any way, because killing anybody, regardless of his/her religion is a grave offense and is prohibited in Islam.

that's adorable, but why do so many of them do it?

there are lines in their book that allow killing people, out of context or not... true or false?
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:14 pm

there are lines in their book that allow killing people, out of context or not... true or false?

False

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:15 pm

@ the topic

I will never understand why it is so hard to do a peaceful Demonstration :facepalm:

Killing innocent people will solve nothing. Ruining their own lives rather than solving anything
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 13, 2012 1:28 pm

Potential wrote: what however stands to be cleared: the christian society is very peaceful in Jerusalem whereas the muslim society still suffers from hatery toward jews.

Funny that.

Most of my friends in Arab48 Feels the complete Opposite of that.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by che Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:03 pm

RealGunner wrote:

False

oh really?

http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles/jihad/kill_the_infidels.asp

like i said, out of context is to be considered as well... whatever bullshit apologetics you want to use, these people believe allah is the one true god and quran is the word of the one true god... their interpretation differs from yours (i'm not going to say which one is right - you think they're wrong, they think you're wrong) but they believe in the same god you do
che
che
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:31 pm

lol that article supports my point

It's not that the interpretation is different, The only interpretation which can be different is mostly to do with the Accent of different Arabic letters. The context shouldn't really differ much.

there are about 3-6% of Extremist out of the 100%. Won't you say that is enough to say who is right or who is wrong ?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Sep 13, 2012 2:34 pm

Potential wrote:
what however stands to be cleared: the christian society is very peaceful in Jerusalem whereas the muslim society still suffers from hatery toward jews.

Pure and utter ignorant reasoning here. How did you come across such generalization?
che wrote:
RealGunner wrote:

False

oh really?

http://www.muslimaccess.com/articles/jihad/kill_the_infidels.asp

like i said, out of context is to be considered as well... whatever bullshit apologetics you want to use, these people believe allah is the one true god and quran is the word of the one true god... their interpretation differs from yours (i'm not going to say which one is right - you think they're wrong, they think you're wrong) but they believe in the same god you do

Che, given your education I'm surprised you haven't sought to know that these radical/fundamentalist "muslims" have in their best interests to take away the Koran's word hilariously out of context, and exploit the less educated on the manipulation of the word of the Koran. Why do they do it? You and I both know it comes down from the previous factor of poor education and power hungry leaders.

When it comes down to the bottom line you won't see a single educated Muslim or the a sentence in the Koran itself that supports these atrocious actions.

This is NOT Islam.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Forza Thu Sep 13, 2012 3:18 pm

On one hand, these people are insane for carrying out such a violent, mindless rampage.

On the other, Libya is a socio-politically unstable nation. The film-maker knew that it would spark violence and hate against the west, but he made it anyway.

Who is in the right? Religious belief or civil liberties? The answer is clearly neither. Religion and freedom are being used as facades to obscure the ugliness of this incident. Violence is not justified by any religion and civil liberties do not exist so that people can incite hatred. The consequence of these two wrongs is complete carnage. All the hard work of mending fences until now has probably been undone in one day.

Forza
Forza
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Fulham

Back to top Go down

Post by •MilanDevil• Thu Sep 13, 2012 5:07 pm

7amood11 wrote:
•MilanDevil• wrote:These are not Muslims and will never be. Its hard to find true Muslims these days, its like catching legendary pokemons.

What do you mean by "true Muslims"? If you mean normal people-ish, moderate Muslims, than those people are everywhere. It's just that the media focuses on the few idiots who tarnish the reputation of Islam by doing things that are against Islam.

Ok maybe I exaggerated in the last statement.
•MilanDevil•
•MilanDevil•
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:31 pm

che wrote:i love how they reacted like a bunch of mindless lunatics to a stupid video that portrayed them as a bunch of mindless lunatics

this is going as my facebook status
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by zizzle Thu Sep 13, 2012 6:33 pm

but seriously, how can you blame muslims when they're been living under US sponsored oppression for so long that they no longer understand what freedom of expression is. For once, the US goverment is not to be blamed here, but i guess no one really understands
zizzle
zizzle
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 11 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next