Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Mr Nick09 Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:17 am

kojima has a sick mind, yet beautiful

Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 3 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Firenze Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:26 am

never played a MGS game, might have to pick up the HD collection and brush up on the story before I jump into this badboy, though I've heard it's a convoluted mess in that regard, lol
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:00 am

Mr Nick09 wrote:Kojima has always introduced elements of mystic in his games and this is just another iteration. i am actually happy he moved away from a mech and tech heavy game and is focusing on characters this time, however crazy or surrealist they look. that's the feel of MGS i most like, people having crazy powers and you fighting against them.

Brilliantly said. It was rather naive of MGS fans to think Kojima would simply go back in fan service and into the original premise. With MGS3, he revolutionized, same thing with the theme and gameplay of MGS4 and fans can expect nothing less with MGSV as the innovation is right in front of us.

RealGunner wrote:MGS is like one of the best series of all time. I am not sure if MGS5 can top MGS4 but i would love for that to happen.

I think it will. Simply because Kojima seems to have listened to what the fans do not want along with what is needed within the series. MGS4 is probably the best game of all time yet had many facets to which the fans and neutrals alike did not want within the series.

MGS5 for me will represent a coagulation of all the ideas Kojima has wanted to implement for years on end and finally has the hardware to do so. It just looks seamless.

Definitely his most ambitious project yet.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:40 am

Firenze wrote:never played a MGS game, might have to pick up the HD collection and brush up on the story before I jump into this badboy, though I've heard it's a convoluted mess in that regard, lol

I recommend waiting till July when they'll release MGS Legacy Collection. It'll include all the games released on the PS console. While HD collection can give you a good idea of the story, I don't think it has Metal Gear Solid (the first game back in 1998) which is awesome
Soul
Soul
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : Corinthians

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:48 am

Soul wrote:
Firenze wrote:never played a MGS game, might have to pick up the HD collection and brush up on the story before I jump into this badboy, though I've heard it's a convoluted mess in that regard, lol

I recommend waiting till July when they'll release MGS Legacy Collection. It'll include all the games released on the PS console. While HD collection can give you a good idea of the story, I don't think it has Metal Gear Solid (the first game back in 1998) which is awesome

+1
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:09 pm

Troy Baker Confirmed as Ocelot in Metal Gear Solid V

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 3 Troy-baker-confirmed-as-ocelot-in-metal-gear-solid-v

The amount of voices this guy does for the video game industry is insane Laughing

Well, hope for the best i guess. I hope he emulates his performance as Booker DeWitt and strays far away from Snow Villiers
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:02 am

http://uk.gamespot.com/e3/metal-gear-solid-v-on-xbox-one-and-ps4-will-look-better-than-e3-trailer-6410187/

:bow:
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:48 am

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/414360/interviews/e3-interview-kojima-on-mgs-5/

Inteview with Kojima.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:59 am

Does this mean that the next MGS after this is going to blow up  my mind !?!??!
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:11 am

One of the greatest game developers of all time. Can't believe he made MGS1 at 22. Genius
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by pUsHa Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:23 am

RealGunner wrote:One of the greatest game developers of all time. Can't believe he made MGS1 at 22. Genius

And almost all of them are Japanese Proud
pUsHa
pUsHa
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:16 am

Red band trailer (not for the faint-hearted)
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Wed Jul 24, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm dumbfounded that I didn't hear of this "Red Band" from before. Very visceral extension that is quite brutal on the heart strings.

It was very difficult to watch the torture scene and especially the open surgery to extract the drugs. The game is so realistic that its touches upon your senses as a normal movie would as such is the detail.

This game obviously has a darker and more gritty feel to it as evidenced by the theme and Snakes' "Demons" The story will be absolutely epic. I predict this as the best game of all time.

Just like MGS4 became.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 24, 2013 3:18 pm

You know, i've been kinda wondering. This game takes over in the Child-soldier era and we even see some in the trailer. Is it possible that we'll see Raiden since he too was a child soldier at that time? Or maybe eve Solidus since he took him in as his 'father'?

Furthermore i'm extremely curious about the Emmerich in the trailer, it most likely is Hal's father. Hal also mentions throughout the series about his family's dark history (Which is developing weapons of mass destruction) Could the Emmerich in the trailer be developing some kind of new weapon? hmm

I seriously cannot contain my excitement
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Jul 24, 2013 7:38 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:You know, i've been kinda wondering. This game takes over in the Child-soldier era and we even see some in the trailer. Is it possible that we'll see Raiden since he too was a child soldier at that time? Or maybe eve Solidus since he took him in as his 'father'?

Furthermore i'm extremely curious about the Emmerich in the trailer, it most likely is Hal's father. Hal also mentions throughout the series about his family's dark history (Which is developing weapons of mass destruction) Could the Emmerich in the trailer be developing some kind of new weapon? hmm

I seriously cannot contain my excitement

ES immediately GTFO and play Peace Walker. Trust me, you don't want to miss out on that. Yes, Huey Emmerich is Otacon's father and a major character in Peace Walker. We also meet Otacon's mother there, Dr Strangelove. The Emmerich family has always been involved in the making of weapons of mass destruction. Otacon with Metal Gear, his father with Peace Walker, his grandfather was in The Manhattan Project.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Jul 24, 2013 11:29 pm

Can't bring myself to sit down and start PW for some reason pirat 
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:19 am

ES where did u play the MGS series?
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Jul 25, 2013 1:52 pm

ES, J-man is right. You don't have to play Portable Ops, but if you miss Peace Walker then you are making a massive mistake.

Not only Peace Walker is a superb game (especially by PSP standards) but it is very important to the MGS story, to which is canonical to the Big Boss saga; subsequently MGSV a DIRECT continuation of Peace Walker.

I had the same feeling before playing it; you know PSP graphics etc yet it was far above my expectations and genuinely was a fun game allotted with depth.

If you don't play it than GTFO
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Tomwin Lannister Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:17 pm

Arq you're the oldest brother ffs. If ES is giving you cheek, MAKE HIM PLAY IT.

Don't pretend he has a choice in the matter.

What did I teach y'all ffs?

MAKE him play it.
Tomwin Lannister
Tomwin Lannister
Ballon d'Or Contender
Ballon d'Or Contender

Club Supported : Juventus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Jul 25, 2013 4:13 pm

Alright you've convinced me, i'll try PW tonight

RealGunner wrote:ES where did u play the MGS series?

In the living room i guess
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:17 pm

Arquitescu wrote:ES, J-man is right. You don't have to play Portable Ops, but if you miss Peace Walker then you are making a massive mistake.

Not only Peace Walker is a superb game (especially by PSP standards) but it is very important to the MGS story, to which is canonical to the Big Boss saga; subsequently MGSV a DIRECT continuation of Peace Walker.

I had the same feeling before playing it; you know PSP graphics etc yet it was far above my expectations and genuinely was a fun game allotted with depth.

If you don't play it than GTFO

U WOT M8
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 02, 2013 5:43 am

Ok, i finished the disgusting (yes, i said it) PW and cleared up on most of the plot points

Now i know about Heuy, Cipher, Strangelove and Kaz's vision
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:25 am

El Shaarawy wrote:Ok, i finished the disgusting (yes, i said it) PW and cleared up on most of the plot points

Now i know about Heuy, Cipher, Strangelove and Kaz's vision

I'm guessing you played the horrible console ports, Peace Walker is the best PSP game I ever played but I was shocked at Konami's laziness after seeing console ports.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:07 am

Repetitive boss battles, the concept of 'Mother Base' didn't appeal to me tbh, honestly i didn't like it. It didn't stay true to MGS tradition in the sense that it has many layers of depth in gameplay..Though i can understand that the PSP limited the game in some ways. But i just didn't have fun with it..

The story was great, and the after credits scene (like every MGS) gives me goosebumps
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:16 am

Wait, did you actually finish the game? I mean the real ending is secret, you will understand me if you did it.

For me Peace Walker in PSP is the best PSP game ever and worthy of the MGS name. It was actually supposed to be MGS5 but Kojima took out the number, fearing fan backlash on releasing a numbered entry as a PSP exclusive.

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 3 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSY6eGXD0SzrRuHevKYDnWlarD1HJetLNVbCyAtGHmjvGTTnC5g

Finished it thrice. I liked the boss battle and they perfected Portable Ops' flaws with Mother Base. Gameplay was what it always should have been, classic stealth like the first Metal Gear Solid and what MGS5 will be like.

And yeah story was brilliant and did not go overly complicated like MGS2/MGS 4.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:05 am

Finally saw the TGS demo. Recommend it for everyone looking forward to the game.

Shows the same mission twice with difference being the first playthrough is played at daytime and the second playthrough at night.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next