Ganso
Abramovich
Die Borussen
Arquitecto
M99
30 posters

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next

Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by M99 Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:05 pm

Finally saw the TGS demo. Recommend it for everyone looking forward to the game.

Shows the same mission twice with difference being the first playthrough is played at daytime and the second playthrough at night.

M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread - Page 4 Empty Re: The Official Metal Gear Solid 5 Thread

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:15 pm

http://www.konami.co.uk/2013/11/04/metal-gear-solid-v-ground-zeroes-coming-spring-2014/

We’ve been dying to tell you – and now, we can finally lift the lid on exactly what Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is – and how it links through to the second part of MGSV, The Phantom Pain.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will serve as an entry-level experience and prologue to the events of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain. Through Ground Zeroes, players will get to grips with some of the gameplay elements that will be fully realised in The Phantom Pain, including an introduction into the more open world environments we can expect to see in Kojima’s upcoming epic. Key features of the game include:

THE POWER OF FOX ENGINE – Ground Zeroes showcases Kojima Productions’ stunning FOX Engine, a true next-generation game engine which revolutionizes the Metal Gear Solid experience.

INTRODUCTION TO OPEN WORLD DESIGN – The first Metal Gear Solid title to offer open world gameplay. Ground Zeroes offers total freedom of play: how missions are undertaken is entirely down to the user.

UNRESTRICTED STEALTH – Imagine classic Metal Gear gameplay but with no restrictions or boundaries. Players use intelligence and cerebral strategy to sneak their way through entire missions, or go in all guns blazing. Each will have different effects on game consequences and advancement.

MULTIPLE MISSIONS AND TASKS – Ground Zeroes boasts a central story mode and additional side-missions ranging from tactical action, aerial assaults and “covert” stages that will be sure to surprise.

REDESIGNED INTERFACE – Ground Zeroes users will benefit from a clean in-game HUD that shows the minimal amount of on-screen data to give a more intense gaming experience.

VARIOUS IN-GAME WEATHER SETTINGS – Ground Zeroes will test the player in a variety of time and weather environments that will be central to METAL GEAR SOLID V: The Phantom Pain. Use night conditions to your advantage, or poor weather as strategic cover.

TRUE NEXT GENERATION GAMING – Available simultaneously with the current generation of gaming consoles, Ground Zeroes will give PS4 and Xbox One consumers the chance to showcase the power of their new machines.

The Kojima Productions team have also revealed that the prologue will bridge the gap between previous Metal Gear installments and The Phantom Pain from a narrative perspective. In Ground Zeroes, players will play as Big Boss, who sets off on a rescue mission infiltrate Camp Omega – a Cuban prison camp. The hostages hold key information concerning Snake and his private military organisation that Snake and his ally Kaz Miller must prevent from being exposed. This sets in motion a series of events that build into the opening of The Phantom Pain itself.

Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes will be released for PlayStation®3, PlayStation®4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in Spring 2014. The boxed Playstation®3 and Xbox 360 versions of the game will retail at £29.99/€29.99, whilst the digital releases will cost £19.99/€19.99. Digital versions of the Playstation®4 and Xbox One will retail for £29.99/€29.99.
Ok its official i'm buying a PS4 when ever this is released lol.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : PSG

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:34 pm

It's gonna be availible on current gen too. Don't think I will buy a PS4 for improved graphics and better framerate.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Club Supported : AC Milan

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:50 pm

M99 pls

GOATjima isn't EA or Activision ffs.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Tue Nov 05, 2013 6:45 pm

No this game is actually meant to be played for Next-Gen as Kojima and his current operations clearly are not prioritizing this generation, as evidenced by all the research I have compiled so far. Game is built ground-up for Next-Gen.

I plead any MGS fan to experience it on the optimum platform rather than a dumbed down version on this current gen.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Club Supported : Liverpool

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Tue Nov 05, 2013 7:24 pm

What can be the possible difference apart from better aesthetics? Improved gameplay? More content? $400 is a lot, and besides all the demos shown so far has been showcased on current gen (not sure about this year's TGS one) and I am more than impressed.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:25 am

M99 wrote:What can be the possible difference apart from better aesthetics? Improved gameplay? More content? $400 is a lot, and besides all the demos shown so far has been showcased on current gen (not sure about this year's TGS one) and I am more than impressed.
It'll be beyond that.

Take it from my experience, M99. Splinter Cell Conviction for instance, a game that took around 1-2 years to make. I first played it within the Xbox and while that game was excellent given the development team behind it, the experience in note of difference to when I touched upon it on the Xbox 360 was of a miles gap.

Metal Gear Solid 5 has/will take far more time to develop, the bulk of the development team (including Kojima) working on Next-Gen, especially given how he has no plans for development on current gen. Most of the technology including Fox Engine is ground-up built for Next-Gen specs.

You must understand that the generational difference goes far beyond just better aesthetics, graphics and frame-rate. Exceptions apply, such as FIFA or Call of Duty yet not when it comes to massive funded projects like MGS to which take years on end to develop and aren't targeted on a spread market. This is a marquee project unlike Assassins Creed or COD and in my opinion its worth the wait and the (long-term investment) to which will serve beyond MGSV.

Differences go beyond your specified assumptions in completely different spectrums regarding levels, technology, expanse etc etc. What you saw on TGS is current-gen, to which is expected from Kojima, but imagine what next-gen would look like? Don't you think its worth the wait and investment?
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:35 pm

I sincerely hope that Ground Zeroes is longer than what's been shown, because....yeah, that'd be a mighty short game for $30

Which it'd have to be since all they've shown is, one tiny infiltration section

Anyways, i hope Kojima doesn't tie all plot points in V (ala MGS4). I'd love it if he can leave room for speculation, and just a hint of whats more to come
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Club Supported : Real Madrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:12 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I sincerely hope that Ground Zeroes is longer than what's been shown, because....yeah, that'd be a mighty short game for $30

Anyways, i hope Kojima doesn't tie all plot points in V (ala MGS4). I'd love it if he can leave room for speculation, and just a hint of whats more to come
ES what? Laughing

You're forgetting Kojima has historically created a whole level just for previewing the game along with their subsequent capabilities. That infiltration section is ground-up built only for showcasing the game, as one of the directors confirmed the level won't even be within the game. Look at the E3 trailer with all its levels and environments for instance.
Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:39 am

The E3 trailer that has been showcased is PP footage, we haven't seen much of GZ except for the extraction mission that was played in TGS

I presume its going to be sort of like MGS2 with the Tanker incident and Plant mission, except they are sold separately

Same thing with MGS3's virtual mission and and Snake eater

Anyways, i'll most likely get it, though i feel it'd be very short for a standalone game to have just that one extraction mission

Nevertheless, the grafecks will test the PS4, and it'll give us a great sample of the FOX engine.
Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by Arquitecto Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:30 am

El Shaarawy wrote:The E3 trailer that has been showcased is PP footage, we haven't seen much of GZ except for the extraction mission that was played in TGS

I presume its going to be sort of like MGS2 with the Tanker incident and Plant mission, except they are sold separately

Same thing with MGS3's virtual mission and and Snake eater

Anyways, i'll most likely get it, though i feel it'd be very short for a standalone game to have just that one extraction mission

Nevertheless, the grafecks will test the PS4, and it'll give us a great sample of the FOX engine.
Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are in one game, (MGSV) yet speculated to take point at different time periods.

That one extraction mission isn't even likely to be within the game given it was created to preview the game itself. If within the game, it is only a stand alone mission as the MGSV previews have shown mass variables in environments and missions to simply speculate as the game's standalone mission, given that the rescue Kaz mission is another short preview. Kojima has stated that gameplay will be twice over MGS4 and considerably long.

Arquitecto
Arquitecto
World Class Contributor
World Class Contributor

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:14 pm

Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain will both be released separately.

As the game was so big, they had to make Ground Zeroes as a prologue to Phantom Pain.

From Polygon

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be the first game in the 15-year-old Metal Gear Solid franchise with open-world elements, and will serve as the prologue to the fully open-world title known as Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain. But that doesn't mean Ground Zeroes is an extreme departure from the existing Metal Gear Solid games, at least not in the eyes of series creator Hideo Kojima. The way Kojima sees it is that with Ground Zeroes, he and developer Kojima Productions are bringing the franchise's hallmark of stealth action into the next generation.

"It is a stealth-action game, and I don't think that we are making any radical changes. Because I believe that we are making just the natural evolution of what stealth action is," said Kojima, director of Ground Zeroes, through a translator in an interview with members of the media earlier this week.

In Kojima's eyes, the open-world nature of Ground Zeroes is less significant than the idea that it's a more realistic infiltration game than its predecessors. As Kojima Productions has shown in previous demos, players will have much more freedom to plan and execute infiltration missions.

One element of Metal Gear Solid that will change as the series goes open-world in Ground Zeroes is its tendency to contain long cutscenes that break up gameplay sequences. According to Kojima, the developers of Ground Zeroes "try to stay away from any cutscenes that would take away the freedom the players would have."

And although the game will contain fewer cutscenes, Kojima compared it to one of the traditional mediums that cutscenes emulate: television. Instead of conveying the tale of Ground Zeroes through cutscenes, Kojima Productions is letting the infiltration missions — the stealth action gameplay itself — tell the story.

"Throughout one season, let's think of one mission as one episode. When you put all the episodes together — all the missions together — you'll find the main plot," Kojima explained to Polygon. "In a TV series, you'll always find one episode that is focused on sub-characters or whatnot, but when you put all that together, you'll [be able to] tell the main plot as well as several information elements that are scattered within each mission."

Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes will be available next spring on PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One. The PS3 and PS4 versions will offer exclusive content, publisher Konami announced today. That comes in the form of a mission called "Déjà Vu," so named because it recreates a mission from 1998's original Metal Gear Solid. In addition, the add-on will allow users to play as pixelated PSOne-era Solid Snake in the 1080p Ground Zeroes universe. You can check out four Déjà Vu screenshots in the gallery above.
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Club Supported : Arsenal

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:15 pm

From NeoGaf

There's a fairly in-depth interview with Kojima on the announcement of Ground Zeroes as a stand alone release. A lot of the stuff are things we've heard before, but he does clear up a few points which I think will help fans keep their expectations in check for what Ground Zeroes will offer.

- Ground Zeroes is the prologue to Phantom Pain, and it is intended to be similar to the pre-title sequence of a Hollywood movie, where something major happens to catch the audience's attention, before the real story starts.

- The main content in Ground Zeroes is largely meant to be a tutorial for Phantom Pain. He uses the exact word - tutorial, so there's no doubt about this at all. The story content in Ground Zeroes is limited to the night setting in the rain, but you'll be able to see other times of the day via the side op missions. There is no dynamic weather or day/night cycle in Ground Zeroes.

- Phantom Pain is the game which will feature the full range of expanded features carried over from Peace Walker - base building, recruiting soldiers, etc. Most of this will not be in Ground Zeroes at all. You will not be able to use the fulton recovery system in Ground Zeroes either, but there are optional captives you can rescue using the helicopter.

- The save data in Ground Zeroes will carry over to Phantom Pain, and there will be benefits in the full game for extra stuff you decide to do in Ground Zeroes.

- The reason Ground Zeroes is being released as a separate package in the first place is because the main game is taking a long time to develop due to the large amount of content. So the marketing team at Konami worked out this release format with Kojima so gamers can at least experience the prologue segment of the game earlier.

- Kojima wants to reward fans who buy both Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain later on with some sort of content in the full game, but he hasn't worked out the details with the marketing team yet.

- Ground Zeroes (and Phantom Pain by extension) will support a secondary display device via smartphones or tablets. It can be used to display stuff like leaderboards. There have also been feedback from people outside of Japan for a map display and so on, but Kojima has some concerns about players diverting their attention between two screens, so he's still looking into it.

RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Nick09 Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:18 pm

so all and all, how does that impact my wallet
Mr Nick09
Mr Nick09
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:34 pm

We know Ground Zeroes will be £20/$30.... no idea about Phantom Pain yet.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jack Daniels Fri Nov 15, 2013 3:01 pm

Is this the one where Kiefer Sutherland Voices over?
Jack Daniels
Jack Daniels
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:22 pm

HIDEO_KOJIMA ‏@HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN 22 Dec

I've been asked which ver u should buy. The feel of play & impression's similar as it's been made multiplatform/multigen" this time. Sense of realism & graphics looks much better in next gen. So I'd say currentgen for those who can't buy next gen just yet & upgrade later. FYI, the world ranking of mission result/trial grade in "GZ" differs to each platform. The feel of play/difficulty levels are the same as we consider slight difference parts found in each hardware, controls or frame rate.
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:17 pm

Game Informer got their hands on a near-final build of Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes for their March cover story, and they say they beat the game's main mission (not including side quests or special console-exclusive missions) in less than two hours. Less than two hours!

"Judged just by the core story mission, Ground Zeroes is short," Game Informer writes in the cover story (only available in the magazine, not online). "We completed it in just less than two hours."

Game Informer beat the story mission in under two hours, and Konami says testers could speed run it in 5 minutes. How long it takes to complete the story mission and explore the camp is up to the player, but the extra missions add some replay value to the game.

Worst fears realised, they can go to hell if they think i'm getting this lmao.
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:20 pm

Jack Daniels wrote:Is this the one where Kiefer Sutherland Voices over?
Yeap

Should have been kurt russell
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by VendettaRed07 Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:21 pm

So basically this game is the length of just one cutscene from MGS4
VendettaRed07
VendettaRed07
First Team
First Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaladin Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:36 pm

El Shaarawy wrote:I sincerely hope that Ground Zeroes is longer than what's been shown, because....yeah, that'd be a mighty short game for $30

Kaladin
Kaladin
Stormblessed

Back to top Go down

Post by RealGunner Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:41 pm

It's a prologue so not surprised it's that short
RealGunner
RealGunner
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Great Leader Sprucenuce Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:47 pm

RealGunner wrote:It's a prologue so not surprised it's that short

For that price i am, they are basically selling a demo for excess amount of money.

This is going to give EA and Activision some not so great ideas Laughing
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Great Leader Sprucenuce
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by M99 Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:21 pm

Worst fear confirmed. GTFO Kojima. This means I have to wait for Metal Gear Solid V: The Complete Edition :facepalm:
M99
M99
Forum Legend
Forum Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Firenze Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:25 pm

No wonder Konami are releasing a 2 hour glorified demo for like £30 this year

Konami said they're looking at releasing MGS 5 in 2015/2016 :facepalm:
Firenze
Firenze
the Bloody-Nine

Club Supported : Manchester United

Back to top Go down

Post by Pedram Thu Feb 06, 2014 6:50 pm

Grand Zero shouldn't be released as a stand alone game, it could've been a DLC.
Pedram
Pedram
Fan Favorite
Fan Favorite

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next